10-31-2015 01:11 PM
1,892 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    When I applied this rom, My home and search buttons both didn't work. Why?
    Bad flash, try again.
    beepFTW likes this.
    06-20-2011 12:26 AM
    Ok just a newbie question. I am buying a used LG. I am having the account changed of course by my local virgin dealer. Then i was going to root then add 1.3 is there anything wrong in this procedure or will there be a problem buying used. Thanks
    06-20-2011 08:30 AM
    Ok just a newbie question. I am buying a used LG. I am having the account changed of course by my local virgin dealer. Then i was going to root then add 1.3 is there anything wrong in this procedure or will there be a problem buying used. Thanks
    All you need to do when you get the phone is to connect the IMEI with your VM account online, then root it, wipe EVERYTHING, and then load a ROM.
    Easy peasy.
    crbirdx and smpilot07 like this.
    06-20-2011 08:38 AM
    help Orb
    06-20-2011 08:49 AM
    Thanks LeslieAnn for the great work!

I installed over 1.2 without wiping. Everything works fine except Market that keeps force close. The message is "The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly."

My recover is Xionia CWMA V1.2518.4.
    06-20-2011 11:39 AM
    um ya my screen was at the harmonia boot logo and it was moving, but now it has frozen... what should i do?
    06-20-2011 12:03 PM
    nvm i got it, booted to recovery and reran the format cache and everything else too lol, works great thanks!
    06-20-2011 12:48 PM
    Make certain you can still contact the person you are buying it from. If the phone isn't released from their account, you won't be able to use it.

Thanks LeslieAnn for the great work!

I installed over 1.2 without wiping. Everything works fine except Market that keeps force close. The message is "The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly."

My recover is Xionia CWMA V1.2518.4.
    Back up, wipe and see if that fixes it.
    06-20-2011 03:06 PM
    Back up, wipe and see if that fixes it.
    Yeah, I had the same problem and wiping fixed the force-closing in Market. I never thought flashing over 1.2 would work anyway but it was worth a shot.
    06-20-2011 03:15 PM
    Yeah, I had the same problem and wiping fixed the force-closing in Market. I never thought flashing over 1.2 would work anyway but it was worth a shot.
    Realistically, it should work, but sometimes things go wonky.
    It's always better to start fresh regardless.
    06-20-2011 05:03 PM
    hey, have had this rom installed for all of today "first day with the phone" and it has been great, battery life has been really good too, i was reading the changelog of bumblebee and ones of the items was "TWS 50% bug fixed in Android Framework" i was wondering if this was fixed in this rom as well thanks!?
    06-20-2011 09:30 PM
    hey, have had this rom installed for all of today "first day with the phone" and it has been great, battery life has been really good too, i was reading the changelog of bumblebee and ones of the items was "TWS 50% bug fixed in Android Framework" i was wondering if this was fixed in this rom as well thanks!?
    Latest update includes it, I believe

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-20-2011 09:32 PM
    awesome thanks
    06-20-2011 09:40 PM
    Yep, same bit of code.
    Bumblebee and Harmonia are quite similar really, both based on stripped down stock.

The big difference is their focus.
    Obijohn is after the never ending quest for speed and tweaks while Harmonia is focused on stability and compatibility.
    dansho likes this.
    06-21-2011 12:10 AM
    @LeslieAnn I must say your rom looks great I'm thing about changing from aosp to yours. but i like CWR can i use it to flash your rom?
    06-21-2011 08:45 AM
    @LeslieAnn I must say your rom looks great I'm thing about changing from aosp to yours. but i like CWR can i use it to flash your rom?
    You won't be able to, but switching is very easy. With the mess AOSP has turned into, i would suggest you do the same thing i did, switch over to harmonia.

I don't miss aospCM7 at all.
    06-21-2011 08:53 PM
    Its funny listening to the aosp fanboys say how great it is. Its not horrible, but these 2.2 roms are definately better, has anyone tried the reborn custom themes on this rom?
    06-21-2011 09:18 PM
    And once Bumblebee releases the 2.3 ROM there shouldn't be a reason to use the AOSP ROM either. I'm sure Harmonia won't be far behind BB either. These guys are great!
    06-21-2011 09:31 PM
    Quick question dose anyone know who to remove the boot sound when this ROM starts up. I was never a fan of the "Virgin Mobile" voice that plays on the stock ROM and I just don't want anything at all.
    06-21-2011 09:42 PM
    If you're rooted, you can remove the boot animation completely or download silent boot from the market.
    06-21-2011 10:01 PM
    If you're rooted, you can remove the boot animation completely or download silent boot from the market.
    Well I am rooted only way I can have the ROM I don't mind the animation I just don't like the annoying "Virgin mobile"
    06-22-2011 12:13 AM
    And once Bumblebee releases the 2.3 ROM there shouldn't be a reason to use the AOSP ROM either. I'm sure Harmonia won't be far behind BB either. These guys are great!
    Don;t expect anything major to Harmonia unless some new must have feature comes out. It's quite complete as it stands. I know people are throwing out ideas on what to add, but it's meant to be minimal by design. If that turns people off then they should be on a different rom.

Well I am rooted only way I can have the ROM I don't mind the animation I just don't like the annoying "Virgin mobile"
    Most custom roms have that changed. Well, at least, I know Harmonia does.
    06-22-2011 01:45 AM
    Don;t expect anything major to Harmonia unless some new must have feature comes out. It's quite complete as it stands. I know people are throwing out ideas on what to add, but it's meant to be minimal by design. If that turns people off then they should be on a different rom.
    What about pure android 2.3, no add ons or frills? I don't use that extra crap anyways.
    06-22-2011 07:30 AM
    so smooth and sexy, I have to take it into the bedroom for a bit! Thanks for this fabulous ROM!
    06-22-2011 07:34 AM
    Hey LeslieAnn, is there a setting or something that determines how often the phone will hunt for a cell signal when it doesn't have reception?

I reported that the Froyo roms used their radios when they were in airplane mode, but the same doesn't appear to be true of AOSP's CM7. So it appears that this is controlled by the kernel or rom and not by the radio firmware. There are also reports that Bumblebee uses up more battery when the TWS is high than AOSP's CM7 does. I'm wondering if we can improve the amount of battery drain when the phone is without a reliable signal much in the same way that increasing the wifi scan interval drastically improved battery life from the early versions of Harmonia.
    06-22-2011 10:52 AM
1,892 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD