10-31-2015 02:11 PM
1,892 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Is anyone using Link2SD with this ROM?

Previously I was using it with an EXT3 partitioned sdcard (on AOSP).
    Since installing Harmonia, Link2SD does not recognize the partition.

Should I reformat the partition? To EXT3 or a different format?

I'm stuck.

Thanks!
    06-24-2011 07:41 PM
    I'm trying to help someone install Harmonia on their phone without a computer. Finally got xionia recovery installed and working, but now she keeps getting errors when trying to install the ROM's zip file. She had a bad flash_image download (show 0 bytes in file manager) so she had to redownload and now it's working fine. This is the error she gets when attempting to install Harmonia from sdcard zip in xionia recovery:

installing: SDCARD:Harmonia 1.3.zip
    Finding update...
    Opening update...
    E:cannot open /sdcard/Harmonia 1.3.zip
    (bad)
    Installation aborted

I'm pretty sure it's due to the space in the filename, though she says she didn't rename it. I don't know if recoveries can handle spaces in filenames, or if it's another issue entirely.

And yes, I do recommend Harmonia to those uncomfortable with aospCM7, I may be a fan boy of asop, but I appreciate all the dev's hard work on ROMs for the OV.
    06-26-2011 12:12 AM
    The downloaded file is corrupt, the space doesn't matter, but if you think so, rename it, it won't break anything. Worst case, you will have to disable signature check.

I'm sure it's a corrupt download though. It clearly see it, just can't use it.

And thanks.
    It's not a competition though.

I've used work from others, and they have used mine. When there is an issue we often will work together. I try to recommend what I feel will work best for them or at least try and give an honest opinion of the options.
    JerryScript likes this.
    06-26-2011 03:53 AM
    LeslieAnn, testing now and working great so far - thanks for your work. JerryScript has a great write-up on how to edit/personalize the carrier name which worked well for me on aospcm7:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/show...16#post1031616

Can you tell me if there's a comparable .xml edit in Harmonia? Thanks!
    06-26-2011 01:18 PM
    LeslieAnn, testing now and working great so far - thanks for your work. JerryScript has a great write-up on how to edit/personalize the carrier name which worked well for me on aospcm7:

[How To] Change Your Carrier Name - Android Forums

Can you tell me if there's a comparable .xml edit in Harmonia? Thanks!
    With the Froyo roms, you can edit using build.prop to get the change you want. I forget which entry, but it is one of the lines that is "Virgin Mobile" by default. If you search the forum, I'm sure it'll turn up.

Update:

Here is the line -
    Code:
    ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Virgin Mobile
    bcrest1, LeslieAnn and JerryScript like this.
    06-26-2011 02:10 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks for this ROM. Quick, Frees up tons of memory, and everything works! Harmonia 1.2 + link2sd + VM = Best dang deal on the planet! Thanks much for your work and for being so active.

-Chris
    Is your sdcard formatted as an ext3, fat32, or other type of partition?

Thanks
    06-26-2011 04:42 PM

Oh, and in case you missed it: Nandroid backup.

Seriously, this would eliminate 99.999999% of bricked phones if people would just do this.
    this backup has saved me soooo many headaches..

i use it after every attempted mod that i do..
    u can rename the backups.. i found mine in /clockworkmod/backup.

get a basic clean install and then install all your apps and do a backup.
    if you screw something up, restore and you don't have to redownload everything.

its sooo easy to backup and restore
    06-26-2011 09:50 PM
    The downloaded file is corrupt, the space doesn't matter, but if you think so, rename it, it won't break anything. Worst case, you will have to disable signature check.

I'm sure it's a corrupt download though. It clearly see it, just can't use it...
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions, after several days, she finally got her phone rooted, installed xionia recovery, then Harmonia, all without a computer. The thread is an interesting lesson in how the details are everything, formatting on the computer doesn't show the same when viewed on a phone, which can lead to mistakes. And assumptions about what someone else knows and/or understands can be dangerous. She probably would have had it done sooner if someone with more knowledge of the process than I have had helped her, fortunately, it all works out in the end.

Root Optimus V without computer - Android Forums
    06-28-2011 03:21 AM
    LeslieAnn feel free to say no to this..By the way i love Harmonia its the only one i flashed and its the only one i need but do you think you will come out with any cool mods..
    06-28-2011 05:06 AM
    LeslieAnn feel free to say no to this..By the way i love Harmonia its the only one i flashed and its the only one i need but do you think you will come out with any cool mods..
    ...*Record scratch*

Wait, mods? In Harmonia?! My good man, that would be exactly like taking a beautiful, striking young lady to get pointless plastic surgery. Sure, it'd *look* nice outside, but so shallow and a mess inside...

I wouldn't presume to understand LeslieAnn's goals when volunteering her time and efforts for us to know what features and intended enhancements to the ROM are, but I sincerely hope beyond hope that it stays as minimal and snappy as possible. I'm very capable of slowing my phones down to a crawl with graphical pretties on my own

Oh,so yeah. A quick status update so I make my post somewhat constructive: Same install since beta (just under 2 weeks on ROM now): Average 1-1.5% idle battery time/hr - 4-6% with 'always-on(tm)' high power use. Overall, it's been an absolutely pleasure. If LeslieAnn makes ROM-making a long term deal, I'll have to get whatever devices she gets so I can just be assured I'd have a working phone.

No, I'm not a corporate shill - though I wouldn't be opposed to being one. *cough*

-K

Also: nandroid backups are never a good idea. Listen, you want to keep that adrenaline pumping when beta testing that experimental new ROM on a new recovery, so just be sure to NEVER have a working, known good backup.
    Because common sense is _______________.
    06-28-2011 02:05 PM
    Check post #2.

Otherwise, Harmonia is meant to stay as minimal as possible.
    It may get a small mod here or there, but only on features that are "must haves" that don't interfere with anything. The whole point of this is basic Froyo. You want it, YOU put it in. If I start adding features, it's going to add things that someone will like, but also put things in that others don't like.

In a perfect world, this is what Virgin should have had on the phone when you bought it.
    No Twitter, no extra "features" you don't want, just a good starting point to make it yours. Add some apps, add a theme, and *poof*, custom phone with no crap on it.
    06-28-2011 05:08 PM
    ....... She probably would have had it done sooner if someone with more knowledge of the process than I have had helped her, fortunately, it all works out in the end.

Root Optimus V without computer - Android Forums
    Not so JerryScript!! You did a great job walking me thru the process and more spent more than your fair share of time researching things! As far as I can tell, there *aren't* many people with more knowledge of the process, else there would be more (read:any) walkthrus and threads on the subject, wouldn't there be? Unless my search-fu sucks that bad and I just couldn't find them. Anyways, i appreciate your patience thru the process for sure!

LeslieAnn- loving the rom so far! Thanks for your hard work! Can't believe how much space I have and how snappy it is!

(sorry for the overuse use of the "! "-its all very exciting!)
    06-28-2011 10:47 PM
    ...*Record scratch*

-K

Also: nandroid backups are never a good idea. Listen, you want to keep that adrenaline pumping when beta testing that experimental new ROM on a new recovery, so just be sure to NEVER have a working, known good backup.
    Because common sense is _______________.
    LOL. That is one of the best lines ever!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-29-2011 01:02 AM
    Yeah..You are right i like the fact that all the crap is cleaned off my phone its a very amazing thing..Thank you..and thank you guys for answering my question
    06-29-2011 02:37 AM
    Love this ROM! So much faster than the stock garbage.

? What is the safest overclock to run at full time? I have been set at 806 (480 min) for several hours... Seems as though battery life is much better too. Apps load very quickly, and every action seems more precise than before.
    06-30-2011 01:03 PM
    Apologies in advance if this is a really dumb question. I got my sister an optimus t (she is on tmobile), this rom will not work on that right?
    06-30-2011 01:16 PM
    Apologies in advance if this is a really dumb question. I got my sister an optimus t (she is on tmobile), this rom will not work on that right?
    They are essentially the same phone but the button placement might be a little different. This is a pretty lean and clean ROM so I don't think it would give any problems on that version of the phone. Just make sure you back up the current stock ROM in case this one doesn't play nice with the phone. But I don't see why it shouldn't work LeslieAnn likes to run a clean and striped down version of froyo . If any thing you may just have to remap some buttons.

I just read on some of the spec's for the T and it looks like you may lose some features like the wifi hotspot but if its not one that won't be missed then its no biggie. As far a OS is the same as the one for the V. I say give it a try I was able to run optimus S roms on my phone before people here started making ROMs for this one I just had to remap a button. Just remember to BACKUP THE STOCK ROM FIRST!
    06-30-2011 03:25 PM
    They are essentially the same phone but the button placement might be a little different. This is a pretty lean and clean ROM so I don't think it would give any problems on that version of the phone. Just make sure you back up the current stock ROM in case this one doesn't play nice with the phone. But I don't see why it shouldn't work LeslieAnn likes to run a clean and striped down version of froyo . If any thing you may just have to remap some buttons.

I just read on some of the spec's for the T and it looks like you may lose some features like the wifi hotspot but if its not one that won't be missed then its no biggie. As far a OS is the same as the one for the V. I say give it a try I was able to run optimus S roms on my phone before people here started making ROMs for this one I just had to remap a button. Just remember to BACKUP THE STOCK ROM FIRST!
    Thanks for the info. I am going to give it a shot and report back. The optimus t community is sorely lacking in terms of rom choices and if this works it will be great for them. What is the best way to backup the stock rom?
    06-30-2011 05:42 PM
    Thanks for the info. I am going to give it a shot and report back. The optimus t community is sorely lacking in terms of rom choices and if this works it will be great for them. What is the best way to backup the stock rom?
    Nandroid backup?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-30-2011 07:01 PM
    Best overclock is a bit below max of what your phone can handle without random reboots.
    06-30-2011 11:08 PM
    Okay, this should work, at least enough to boot.
    (nandroid first and bear in mind, it won't be perfect, but will get you close)

Try it as is, but use your build.prop.

If that doesn't work, use your:
    Build.prop
    Boot.img
    system/etc/wifi/*
    system/etc/wl/*
    system/lib/hw/sensors.thunderc.so (accelerometer should now work)
    system/lib/modules/ everything labeled tun, tcp or wireless. (wifi should now work, but hotspot will likely reboot the phone)

Both of these to get hotspot working and fix a few things.
    system/bin/wl
    system/bin/wpa_supplicant

You will need "Quick Settings" from the market to enable the wifi hotspot.
    You can delete the selfhelp utility in system/apps as it's only for Virgin.

Let me know how it works out.
    06-30-2011 11:19 PM
    Love this ROM! So much faster than the stock garbage.

? What is the safest overclock to run at full time? I have been set at 806 (480 min) for several hours... Seems as though battery life is much better too. Apps load very quickly, and every action seems more precise than before.
    The safest overclock is one where your phone is completely stable. This means no restarts, freezes, Force Closures, etc. If your phone can do everything at 806 than keep it at that. 480 is a good min number too.
    07-01-2011 12:34 AM
    Okay, this should work, at least enough to boot.
    (nandroid first and bear in mind, it won't be perfect, but will get you close)

Try it as is, but use your build.prop.

If that doesn't work, use your:
    Build.prop
    Boot.img
    system/etc/wifi/*
    system/etc/wl/*
    system/lib/hw/sensors.thunderc.so (accelerometer should now work)
    system/lib/modules/ everything labeled tun, tcp or wireless. (wifi should now work, but hotspot will likely reboot the phone)

Both of these to get hotspot working and fix a few things.
    system/bin/wl
    system/bin/wpa_supplicant

You will need "Quick Settings" from the market to enable the wifi hotspot.
    You can delete the selfhelp utility in system/apps as it's only for Virgin.

Let me know how it works out.
    Once you've sorted out how to get it booting properly, go map your keys back to normal, link in sig
    07-01-2011 02:08 AM
    Once you've sorted out how to get it booting properly, go map your keys back to normal, link in sig
    Oops forgot that.
    You will need to keep your thunder_keypad.kl in the folder system\usr\keylayout
    May want to retain that whole folder.
    07-01-2011 04:18 AM
    The safest overclock is one where your phone is completely stable. This means no restarts, freezes, Force Closures, etc. If your phone can do everything at 806 than keep it at that. 480 is a good min number too.
    Actually I think that it was proven that you get far better battery life by setting it to a safe max for both min and max, and not to force it to jump around.
    07-01-2011 09:49 AM
1,892 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD