[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I came back to Harmonia a couple weeks ago. Also from aosp. Got tired of waiting for fixes that just weren't coming. You know, fix one thing, break something else. Love the clean, smooth functionality of Harmonia.

That is why I try not to mess with it now that it;s at the stage it is.
It;s a great working rom, it doesn't need much updating because, well, frankly, there isn't much to improve. It will probably remain a good standby for as long as people use this phone.

The only thing I really miss is the DSP Manager. If I could find a functioning one it would be perfect.
ps. Tried the one posted in this form and it doesn't do anything.
This one?
http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/93129-app-dspmanger-2-2-a.html

I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to.

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I used MyBackup Root after I installed bumblebee 2.3. Since this ROM maximizes internal storage space (by moving Dalvik-cache to /cache) I had 140 MB free AFTER reinstalling all my apps (and I do have many apps). So not quite sure why you need Titanium backup "so all the apps that I put on the sd card are restored to the sd card"...unless Harmonia 1.2 does not use this cache transfer technique. One more thing, I performed a clean install prior to bumble installation. Hope this helps!

I know how much internal space this rom gives, since I've installed it before. I've installed and tried out all roms. And you're unsure why I need more space than this because you've never asked and don't know me. You have no idea about my my app setup or how much space I need. Sorry, but your rush to judgement post was not helpful to me.

hyruu

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
&
I know how much internal space this rom gives, since I've installed it before. I've installed and tried out all roms. And you're unsure why I need more space than this because you've never asked and don't know me. You have no idea about my my app setup or how much space I need. Sorry, but your rush to judgement post was not helpful to me.

Whoa calm down dude he sounds like he is trying to help.

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
&

Whoa calm down dude he sounds like he is trying to help.

Its just strange for someone who doesn't know me to tell me I don't know something I do know, or don't need something I do need. To assume I didn't know about the dalvik to cache when it already knew about it and have used it for months before many of these current roms have included it is not helpful. And to question whether or not I really need the "restore to original location" option in titanium backup is a bit annoying, as if I really don't know what I need. There was way too much assuming in that post, and it didn't even address the main issue I had, which was the market issue that Lesieann herself, and others had. I find asking people is always better than assuming. And btw I'm plenty calm :)

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes that's the one. Tried it out and had no difference at all. I'm not sure where they got that one from, but tried a couple of DSP apk's and could not get any of them to work. Maybe you would have better luck.

Last edited:

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Its just strange for someone who doesn't know me to tell me I don't know something I do know, or don't need something I do need. To assume I didn't know about the dalvik to cache when it already knew about it and have used it for months before many of these current roms have included it is not helpful. And to question whether or not I really need the "restore to original location" option in titanium backup is a bit annoying, as if I really don't know what I need. There was way too much assuming in that post, and it didn't even address the main issue I had, which was the market issue that Lesieann herself, and others had. I find asking people is always better than assuming. And btw I'm plenty calm :)

So sorry you took such great offense, I really was just trying to help and no I don't know you personally (or ANY posters). As I am new to these forums, I will refrain from making any comments to you in the future...sorry again.

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

So not quite sure why you need Titanium backup "so all the apps that I put on the sd card are restored to the sd card"

Great offense? No :) A bit annoying? Yes. Its just, if someone says "I need option x of app z" its not helpful to then respond "well, I'm not quite sure why you really need option x of app z." Huh? I really don't need what I said I needed? Don't be discouraged from posting, but realize that your needs and setup may be very different from others, and an option you have absolutely no need for may be used regularly by someone else. I mean, obviously people use the "restore to original location" option in titanium backup, or else why would the developer have created it and continued to include it? You don't need to "know" me or anyone else, that's why asking questions is nice. Sorry if I sounded like I took great offense.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
1.3 beta has gone out to a few people for testing.
MANY thanks to Obijohn for his help. I had the right idea, but was missing a few key things.

In the beta:
Superuser updated
Voice updated
TWS fix
Power button mod

Give the testers and myself a day or two and if things go well, I will have it up shortly. Normally I do private testing, and just post it, but these mods required a lot of minor changes and it took me a few tries to get it right so I'm being a bit more cautious.

RobN

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Which apps are doing it or is it just when you try to install updates?
It was happening for any app I tried to update, no matter what it was, and for some new apps.

I think I may have tracked down the issue, at least a little. Based on some other threads here somewhere (which I didn't bookmark, unfortunately) it seems that the cache can get full even when there's plenty of RAM available. Clearing the cache and/or removing some apps is supposed to help. So I tried it. Sure enough, it seems to work.

If I uninstall some apps (even when free RAM is shown as 60-70M or more before I uninstall), then I can install/update existing apps -- and THEN I can restore my uninstalled apps from backups. And it all works, at least until the next time I need to update an app. Then I have to repeat -- uninstall some apps, download/apply update, restore app from backup. It seems that clearing the cache is sometimes enough, but not always.

I don't understand how the cache, davlick cache, and total free memory are all related to each other, so my paraphrase of what I've read should be considered suspect -- but the end result is that uninstalling unrelated apps, installing the update, and restoring the unrelated apps seems to work. It also seemed to fix the bug with Tweetdeck no longer posting to Facebook, but I can't tell if that's just coincidence that it happened around the same time. Could Tweetdeck or other apps have functionality problems if the cache is full?

shawayne21

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
@theboundless;997612

woahh, calm yourself. he was only trying to help. if nobody knows you here how about YOU find out yourself or ask someone who 'knows' you, or dont post at all.

Last edited:

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I guess no one really understands what I'm saying, but in any case I did overreact, sorry everyone.

And shawayne, I'll post when I want.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
1.3 beta has gone out to a few people for testing.
MANY thanks to Obijohn for his help. I had the right idea, but was missing a few key things.

In the beta:
Superuser updated
Voice updated
TWS fix
Power button mod

Give the testers and myself a day or two and if things go well, I will have it up shortly. Normally I do private testing, and just post it, but these mods required a lot of minor changes and it took me a few tries to get it right so I'm being a bit more cautious.
Sweet I will be waiting on pins and needles, any idea how stable it is in the overclocking department?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Sweet I will be waiting on pins and needles, any idea how stable it is in the overclocking department?

So far...
Battery life for me today has been same as before, maybe a little better actually.

Marzz had a problem with gtalk, but it works fine for me, could be a bad flash or just some app conflicting. He also ran speed tests and it performs as expected. He also had some issue with ADB, but that seems to be an issue with these phones as a rule.

As for me,
No troubles with fc's other than Setcpu, which needed a re-install, probably a bad restore from my backups.

The other testers haven't seemed to have gotten the PM yet, hopefully they will tonight. I'm waiting on more feedback, but so far things look good. IF things continue as they have there will be a new toy for people this weekend.

mr.faceman23

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
hey guys i have a question...im running harmonia by the way. well i just recently got titanium back up and i used it and i was trying to install the swype 3.0 beta thing and i deleted my android keyboard by mistake and i the back up for it is gone as well i was wondering is there anyway to get the android keyboard back

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My advice, install the GB keyboard from the marketplace, it's better than the stock one.
Otherwise you could just reflash Harmonia. It may lose a few settings, but your apps and such should be fine (backup first just in case).

Reactions: mr.faceman23

greg_t

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Looking forward to the new rom. Currently running bumblebee - should I just backup and restore the apps? or should I reinstall them?
-gt

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I usually download them from market and then restore the data. I used to get corrupted apps a lot restoring from tb. I usually use an app called app list backup that gives me a list of my apps I had and then clicking on them takes you to their download location in market...pretty handy for me.

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
A new, shiny version of Harmonia on the horizon?! Huzzah!

VERY exciting, and looking forward to seeing the new pretties!

-K