[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
[ROM] Harmonia 1.9 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

Updated 12June12
smlogo.png

Harmonia, daughter of Aphrodite, is the immortal goddess of harmony and concord.
This is the love child of the Aphrodite Rom series and Picasticks' Kernel, like any child she a mixture of her parents, we (Picasticks and I) took the best parts of the Aphrodite roms and mated it to the Picasticks kernel, the result is Harmonia. Being the next generation, I felt it deserved a next generational name.

About the Aphrodite Family:
The idea is pretty much a bare rom, based on the stock rom, but with updates/tweaks/and things that should have been included but weren't, that you add your themes and such to, You won't find any bloat, what is here is here because it needs to be and not much more. I do provide some theming elements and extras (see post #2) however they are optional. This allows you to create the phone you want without anything you don't want or need. Just a lean, mean phone, your way.

Screenshot.png
power.png
1.jpg

Options are in post #2

Warning
While I do all I can to ensure these work properly, but things do happen, so use it at your own risk.

Latest Download and Install:
If you are not running an older version, in recovery, make sure to "Wipe data/factory reset" and in advanced, "wipe Dalvik Cache".
This is highly recommended for all to avoid problems.
(warning this wipes your phone, make backups first, see below for tips on doing this)
Options and extras are located in post 2.

Download
http://www.vmroms.com/index.php?topic=5.0[/URL
Still uses the same statusbars.
[URL=https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=3OSuaKNxXyDzW9J14zEMvh3YgOGmn2d3xonnRNzpxxe4M8kvOF20diKc6MC&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d0b9dcb01a9b6dc564e45f62871326a5e]Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.

Changes:
Added Goo.Im updater information (not compatible yet)
Fixed WIfi
Fixed Installer, no more black screens for those on newer phones
Speed up installer
Fixed Network location
Added Harmonia Updater (removable through settings)
Added VMroms app (removable through settings)
Updated Superuser
Updated Play
Added a small boot Animation (very lightweight)

Rom Info
Google Play
Vmroms app
Small boot animation (lightweight)
AWESOME battery life!!
New installer, one of the rare Froyo roms with the newer Edify code to work with the newer recoveries.
Picasticks kernel (with OV based Ramdisk)
Mvdalvik, this gives you 170megs of storage space (about 40 more than previously available)
Time without signal fix (Thanks Obijohn!)
Power Button Reboot option (Thanks Obijohn!)
Optimized drivers
Internal wipe gone
Wifi hotspot built into menu system
Init.d support built-in
Updated email (from 2.2.2)
Updated MMS (from 2.2.2)
Updated Gmail
Swype!
Speed tweaks
Malware patch
Activate app.
CPU set to interactive, max speed is 864 (requires an overclock utility to exceed stock speeds)
De-branded (not themed) and cleared of junk.
New startup animations, wallpaper and logos (see post #2 for options)
Removed all but one ringtone (I renamed Guitar_Trip to Anthem so nothing breaks, saves 400k) Media pack available (see post #2 for options).
Removed alternate languages. Language pack available (see post #2).

Important Notes
Fixed flashing issues!!!!! (Let's hope)
This is NOT overclocked. You need an overclock utility for that.
The Activate shortcut auto deletes from the desktop on first boot, this
is expected.
This will take up to 5 minutes to boot the first time, sit back and enjoy the
show.
Double check your ringtones if you restore that info as they have changed.

Important Google apps info:
Many are removed, however those that pose installation issues
(Search) or config hassles (Gmail auto-sync) have been left in.
No wasted space or the need to wait for updates.
The only Google apps included are Gmail, mail, market search and voice dialer and search, all of which are up to date.
If you want Maps, install Maps, if you Street View, install Street View, etc.. If it is easily grabbed from the market, I removed it. Maps and a few other things are available as flashable zips to restore them, see post 2.

CPU overclock recommended settings:
I wouldn't recommend going below 400mhz, we are finding it
simply isn't efficient. If you tend to just listen to music and surf,
400 should be your baseline. Those who use navigation, play
videos and/or Angry Birds, you may find 600 better as a minimum.
If you find your phone getting warm during use, raising the
baseline may actually help. No, I did not write that backwards,
it's due to how the processor works. See this thread for more information:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/73290-optimus-v-battery-drain-optimization-tests-part-2-a.html

I owe a great deal to Picasticks, BigSuperSquid, Obijohn, RevolutionRed, Takenover83, Mmmark111 and Marzz, be it directly or indirectly, this rom wouldn't be here or as good without them all.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Replacement Parts (Now in Edify unless specified!!!)
Things removed that you may want to put back
Unless specified, these are placed back in the system area, saving space for you to install other apps. Flash these through Recovery, but expect a slow first boot after. Be sure to boot into Harmonia at least once before flashing these.
Other Language Files
Sounds and ringtones
Alternate sounds (Same as above, but meant for you to extract to your SDcard instead)

Options!!!
Wallpaper
Stock Wallpaper
Stock Wallpaper in various colors

LauncherPro Dock files
launcher.png

These are meant for use with LauncherPro, which is a free dock available in the Market.
LauncherPro Dock theme
The file includes Manup456's Clean (white) and dirty (black) Minimal Text icons, Orbz II center icon by H0CKEY, the bar (with button options). I included some variations of it. One has the bar higher or lower, another has shadows for each button. Another has a shadow for the bar. I don't claim credit for those other bits, I included them only for simplicity. The stainless bar and button options are mine however.

Statusbar Options: (These have been reworked as Edify)
Harmonia 1.3+ and Bumblebee 1.9+ ONLY, for older versions see below
Be sure to boot into Harmonia at least once before flashing these.
Flash these through recovery, just like a rom. You can flash one on top of the other without wiping or anything but expect a slow boot the first time, just like when you flashed the rom.
Black status bars

Gray status bars
(Flash this to return to stock)

More Statusbars and Themes
Framirezferrer's black bars will also work on this rom.

As do http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/103777-theme-custom-theme_team-themes-9-11-11-new-theme-mods.html

Older/other status bars (Harmonia 1.2 and earlier, Bumblebee 1.8 and earlier, all Aphrodite and Stock + Xionia)
(My thanks to Takenover83 for his help with these.)
Be sure to boot into Harmonia at least once before flashing these.
(These are NOT Edify!)
Flash these through recovery, just like a rom. You can flash one on top of the other without wiping or anything but expect a slow boot the first time, just like when you flashed the rom..
Black status bars

Gray status bars
(Flash this to return to stock)

Changelog:

1.0 initial release 23Apr11
1.0.1 released 24Apr11 (removed)
1.1 released 26Apr11 wifi/Battery fix
1.1.1 patch released 26Apr11 fixes geolocation based force close.
1.2 released 6may11, MVDalvik, Init.D, and possible improvements to bluetooth.
1.3 released 17June11 TWS, reboot menu, updated a few programs, minor tweaks here and there.
1.3 Statusbars 18june11 Added Harmonia 1.3 statusbar options and corrected minor graphical bugs in them, added links to various other applicable guides.
Page layout 03July11 changed visual layout
1.3.1 16July11 Harmonia 1.3.1 Update added email and MMS from 2.2.2 and new Market app. Also new Maps v5.7
1.5 9aug11 Harmonia 1.5 released, changed installer to Edify for universal installation. gave up on the new market for now. Added new maps to options.
1.5E 10Aug11 Harmonia 1.5E Edify released with corrected V.15 Edify.
1.6 11Sept11 Harmonia 1.6 released correcting storage space issues.
1.6.1 21Sept11 Harmonia 1.6.1c released, correcting installer issues.
1.7 23Sept11 Harmonia 1.7 released, updated Gvoice search, Su, Gmail
1.8 14Apr12 Harmonia 1.8 released, includes Google Play Store, SU, Gmail, and a few other internal file updates
1.85 10June12 Harmonia 1.85 released, includes updates SU, updater, fixed installer, Vmroms, and fixed network location.
1.87 12June1 Harmonia 1.87 fixed kernel flash issue. removed due to wifi issues
1.9 12June12 Harmonia 1.9 fixed wifi, added Goo.im info

Versions:
Harmonia_1.90_OV.zip
MD5: 3dd9a415e69f9ec8b1a1c517dcbfde08
Harmonia_1.85_OV.zip
MD5: c5c816cb58c2cf6f052cfaf35519665d
Harmonia_1.8_OV.zip
MD5: b3a6d83617596325e9465fc6982885c9
Harmonia_1.7_OV_1+2.zip
MD5: da2c2174eb2c369fca9519fa823a718a
Harmonia 1.6.1c_Edify
MD5: 9832a1fdced8a98b7cd07932a466e2b7
Harmonia 1.6
MD5: ee3f5eb33177fa4deab339976d887495
Harmonia 1.5E Edify installer (lacks proper storage space)
MD5: 8a7c4f9a847ad954519f0e247099d5af
Harmonia 1.5 Edify installer BAD!
MD5: 64819df805b02822aa0bcd26b8c4edbc
Harmonia 1.3
MD5: ffcc96637995a5f45027f2c8cf1797ee
Harmonia 1.3.1 patch
MD5: 41eab570e10116cff704f489f6255822
Harmonia1.2.zip
MD5: 1e53fd8eea6ca28a8f87a298f858347b
1.1.1 patch fixes a few programs force closing (Yelp! being one of them).
Harmonia 1.1 to 1.1.1 Patch
Harmonia 1.1
MD5: 374beccefc7e4c63a496cf1f6152d947
Harmonia 1.0
MD5: 46fdde6f41d0f4beb9720ada22166284

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Sweet, I loved using the Aphrodite versions so I'm sure this will be even better due to the V Kernel. Going to try this after I'm done punishing the Rodimus/Bumblebee setup I'm using now. Love all these new ROMs and Kernels popping up lately. :D

Question:
CPU set to interactive, max speed is 864
With it being set to interactive by default is there a min/max setup by default also?
I assume max just means the max you can go with SetCPU?

Yes. I am a noob with noob questions lol.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
i am inlove with the boot animation. ill post more as i use it

first minute of using it i could tell i was gonna love it. VERY snappy and VERY fast.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
i install titanium and keeps crashing. then i reinstall and it keeps crashing. :( :( :(

reinstalled.. then restarted my phone and it was working. no prob

Last edited:

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Been thinking of switch off of Rodimus for a native Vkernel rom. This might be it. Just have to round up my sounds. Does the extra space mean more room for apps?

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
AWSOME!!!!! Smooth. Cool boot animations. So far no problems but will post after a long test run. I think i found my everyday rom! Great job.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The kernel speeds work just like default, 240-600(?), you need an overclock utility to reach 864. Most phones cannot do 864.
I won't claim it's the fastest rom, but it's very nice and has a good look and feel.

Yes, Titanium has been having issues, I have been seeing reports all over. It's not the rom.

Glad you guys like the animations and such, Picasticks and I worked hard on those. They really seem to add a little shine to it.

Reactions: 00_wrath_00

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Without a doubt, the best community for Optimus V support shines again.

Thanks to everyone who invested their time and collaborative efforts for making this ROM. In my humble opinion, the best ROM and finest kernel made something beautiful. All over it.

It's going to be a late evening!

More later.

-K

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The kernel speeds work just like default, 240-600(?), you need an overclock utility to reach 864. Most phones cannot do 864.
I won't claim it's the fastest rom, but it's very nice and has a good look and feel.

Yes, Titanium has been having issues, I have been seeing reports all over. It's not the rom.

Glad you guys like the animations and such, Picasticks and I worked hard on those. They really seem to add a little shine to it.

I figured that it was default but thought I would ask since a few lately popped up with default OC in them. Love the Roms you have created thus far and cant wait to try this one. I keep hearing about these boot animations being great so I really need to see it. :D

For titanium its just todays update, which they will hopefully fix soon, so people will just have to get the previous versions apk or restore it from their back ups...

EDIT: When I say "you" I mean all of "you" that helped make this project possible. Sorry don't mean to single anyone above another just really tired. :)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who invested their time and collaborative efforts for making this ROM. In my humble opinion, the best ROM and finest kernel made something beautiful. All over it.

It's going to be a late evening!

I think a few are going to have a long weekend, there is lots of new stuff to play with.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
it would be cool if you could make a theme for this rom. really would give people a good reason to switch over.
No! lol. I like have something very streamed-lined that I can do what I want with. If you want a themed rom, then they are out there. This is not what Harmonia is (as stated several times).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton