10-31-2015 02:11 PM
1,892 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Yes, the new market app is slow to load, at least at first.
    If you can't get it working and you have a file manager installed, go into /system/app and delete vending.apk, that will fix the issue.

I'll try and get a better installer for it in the next day or so.
    07-16-2011 11:43 PM
    Thank you so much for this rom. I love it
    07-17-2011 03:03 AM
    Latest update works great for me so far. I love this ROM. It has given me the best stability and battery life of all the ROMs I've tried. Thanks!
    07-17-2011 03:05 PM
    Glad it's working for people.

I think the issue I am seeing is just something I created on my phone. It's sometimes difficult to keep track of what all I have done with changing things all of the time. If anyone has issues flashing this, let me know just so I have an idea as to whether or not I need to bother fixing it or if mine is an isolated incident.
    07-17-2011 06:15 PM
    I am starting to pick out the new radio and add that, which will likely be Harmonia 1.4, but I assume it's a pretty big project and I haven't gotten far yet. I am working on it though. Until then, here is some 2.2 goodies. To be honest, I'm not concerned with the kernel. This has the malware patch, so really the only added benefit of 2.2.2 is a new activation app (no big deal, and doesn't play well with Harmonia) and the radio, which I am working on. The radio could be why it doesn't work. Meh. Harmonia runs wonderful without the radio so no rush.

Enjoy
    Leslie

1.3.1 patch released, now with 2.2.2 goodness
    Harmonia 1.3.1 patch
    Flash over current 1.3, no muss no fuss.
    MD5: 41eab570e10116cff704f489f6255822
    This may not take the first time you flash it, it's fickle.

Changes:
    Adds email and MMS from 2.2.2 and the new Market app. Also changes phone branding in the statusbar dropdown now says Harmonia instead of Virgin Mobile. MMS has better compatibility (I got messages form places I couldn't before) and inline pics as opposed to some where you used to have to download to see them. Supposedly email and MMS have bug fixes for incorrect addressing as well.

Note:
    This will most likely work work just fine on all 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 based roms but will make your phone info read Harmonia 1.3.1 and statusbar dropdown read Harmonia.

Also, I updated the maps patch to be current.
    Both can just be flashed over your current install. Be sure to remove any Maps updates before you install.
    Just some fyi... download this directly to the phone (not through PC)! Patch worked for my phone first shot!

Sent from a rooted SuperPAD clone with Android 2.2 :P
    07-17-2011 08:54 PM
    Nice. About to patch up to the 1.3.1 right now. First time patching over an existing install (1.3) instead of nuking from orbit and starting fresh, but I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

Thanks for the continued support and improvements as always.

Edit: A quick flash worked just fine the first time. Testing of the new Market and Email client worked superbly. Did not experience additional 'slowness' or strange behavior with the Market, incidentally.
    Have not received any new MMS yet, so haven't scoped it. Otherwise, worked like a peach and as good as always.

-K
    07-17-2011 09:28 PM
    Glad it's working for everyone.

Kiernon, I don't usually like patch updates, but this is only a few files and nothing significant, so it made sense to just patch. Nuking is better when it involves anything significant. I didn't want anyone thinking they needed to do that here.
    07-17-2011 11:43 PM
    *snip* Nuking is better when it involves anything significant. I didn't want anyone thinking they needed to do that here.
    Absolutely hear you. I'm a habitual 'format' type of person when testing thing tech-related, and it's only a personal preference. I also don't want to give the impression it's needed, and if that's the impression I gave, I apologize.

-K
    07-17-2011 11:56 PM
    Dear LeslieAnn,

I recently bought my Optimus 3 weeks ago, and last week, I looked up how to root and install custom ROMs. I bricked my phone. I somehow got it to work again and restored my stock backup, and now I'm running Harmonia 1.3. And my question is, how exactly do I flash this 1.3.1? You say just flash it over 1.3 no muss no fuss, but I'm still unsure how to do that lol I don't wanna end up bricking my phone again cuz I'm traumatized of my previous experience lol

Thank you =]
    07-18-2011 12:16 AM
    Dear LeslieAnn,

I recently bought my Optimus 3 weeks ago, and last week, I looked up how to root and install custom ROMs. I bricked my phone. I somehow got it to work again and restored my stock backup, and now I'm running Harmonia 1.3. And my question is, how exactly do I flash this 1.3.1? You say just flash it over 1.3 no muss no fuss, but I'm still unsure how to do that lol I don't wanna end up bricking my phone again cuz I'm traumatized of my previous experience lol

Thank you =]
    @richasianman
    i know your talking to LeslieAnn but i just wanna help:-)
    drag file from pc to your sd card
    boot into recovery mode
    go to install zip from sdcard
    select choose zip from sdcard
    find the zip
    hit yes :-)
    i hope i helped you
    07-18-2011 02:33 AM
    LeslieAnn,

No offense to you and your awesome ROM, but I'm actually not a fan of "Harmonia" being in the notification window. Is there any way I can change that back to Virgin Mobile or something else?
    07-18-2011 09:15 AM
    LeslieAnn,

No offense to you and your awesome ROM, but I'm actually not a fan of "Harmonia" being in the notification window. Is there any way I can change that back to Virgin Mobile or something else?
    Jerryscript's tutorial on how-to-change-your-carrier-name-now-scrolling
    07-18-2011 11:58 AM
    @richasianman
    boot into recovery mode
    find the zip
    i hope i helped you
    Hello
    I like this technique and am familiar with it but why did sharpe351 mention as few posts above about downloading directly to the phone????
    07-18-2011 01:15 PM
    You can download directly to your phone and go through the same steps. All it does is save you the time of transferring it to your phone.
    Timm129 likes this.
    07-18-2011 01:18 PM
    Hello
    I like this technique and am familiar with it but why did sharpe351 mention as few posts above about downloading directly to the phone????
    Because you can get a muddy copy from PC to phone at times. Happened to me when I was installing this ROM originally (see earlier posts). Decided to try to download directly into my phone and flash directly from the SD card inside phone. Basically cut out the "middle man" so-to-speak. I've had issues in the past with file transfers from PC to Mac, etc. Just don't want a paper weight.

Sent from a rooted SuperPAD clone with Android 2.2 :P
    Timm129 likes this.
    07-18-2011 01:20 PM
    Glad it's working for people.

I think the issue I am seeing is just something I created on my phone. It's sometimes difficult to keep track of what all I have done with changing things all of the time. If anyone has issues flashing this, let me know just so I have an idea as to whether or not I need to bother fixing it or if mine is an isolated incident.
    I had no trouble flashing the update when I did this as a fresh flash wiping everything and using a new sdcard.

But this morning I had an odd sight when I saw the old market instead. I reflashed just the update and nothing changed. I very confused if I should restore my backup from when I finished the flashing the first time when it worked but will it just go back after sometime in an auto reset it seemed to of done alrdy?

EDIT: I deleted the vending.apk from /system/app and then reflashed the update and I got the new market back. Now I just hope it's not a chronic issue :-)
    EDIT 2: For some reason when ever I try to use the base email client it says my username or password is wrong every single time. I downloaded K-9 and set it up without fail just to see if my keyboard was messing up but it worked first try on both of my accounts.
    07-18-2011 02:04 PM
    Glad it's working for everyone.
    Possible issue with 1.3.1.

• Launched the new Market today, opened "My Apps", MyBackup Pro (MBP) listed with update pending:

• Opening the MBP Market page gives no option to update:

• Launching MBP says there is an update, takes me to the Market:

• So I uninstalled MBP and reinstalled it.
    • Now MBP says it's not licensed. Not listed as "purchased" in the Market either.

This may be coincidental since it really does look like MBP just released an update but 1.3.1 is the only change I've made.

Also I was trying to post screenshots of this to Picasa using Gallery and getting these errors:

I rebooted into recovery, cleared cache and Dalvik cache, and got the same error on restart and any time I try to upload from the Gallery.

Note that I haven't tried to post pics directly to Picasa via the Gallery for a while so this may also be coincidental (not specific to 1.3.1).

EDIT: fixed the pictures, sorry they were tiny.
    07-18-2011 04:15 PM
    I had the same thing happen a couple times lately, just try to update again later, it will work, its the market its self with the issues
    07-18-2011 04:30 PM
    I had the same thing happen a couple times lately, just try to update again later, it will work, its the market its self with the issues
    You're right, after the cache wipe and reboot I went back into the Market and the MBP update worked ok. Sorry for the noise LeslieAnn (thought the Gallery-to-Picasa issue may still be a problem).
    07-18-2011 04:31 PM
    LeslieAnn,

Just change it in the build.prop.
    Next time you flash, use the 1.3, and then the Froyo patch I put out, that doesn't have the branding.

No offense taken.
    I'm not sure if it will stay, depends on what others think. It was a nice idea, but I admit, it looks odd seeing it there so it will probably not stay.

You're right, after the cache wipe and reboot I went back into the Market and the MBP update worked ok. Sorry for the noise LeslieAnn (thought the Gallery-to-Picasa issue may still be a problem).
    No worries, sometimes the market flakes, it has always has been an issue actually.
    Bigtuna00 likes this.
    07-18-2011 07:09 PM
    No worries, sometimes the market flakes, it has always has been an issue actually.
    Just to be clear, the Gallery-to-Picasa error has always been an issue, or just the Market updates?
    07-18-2011 08:24 PM
    Im sure its been brought up on this thread. But is there a way to fix wifi from turning off when locking the phone. TIA
    Ok nevermind. I found the option for wifi to turn off when screen sleeps. Next time ill look a little better before I write. Thanks anyway.
    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-18-2011 08:26 PM
    Just to be clear, the Gallery-to-Picasa error has always been an issue, or just the Market updates?
    Just the market issue.
    I have never used Picasa
    07-18-2011 09:36 PM
    Leslie strikes yet again! thank you for the patch! I love this ROM
    07-18-2011 10:02 PM
    @richasianman
    boot into recovery mode
    find the zip
    i hope i helped you
    Thanks mr.faceman23 =] I'll try this out
    07-19-2011 01:37 AM
1,892 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD