10-31-2015 01:11 PM
1,892 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    So I successfully flashed 1.3.1 to my phone, but I noticed, in the root of my SD card, there is a file called "mms_oom_hprof_data" and I'm wondering, wtf is that? lol That wasn't there before XD Is it ok for me to delete that?
    07-19-2011 01:20 AM
    Thanks, LeslieAnn for making this ROM -- it is a big improvement over the stock system.

Is it possible to add the USB tethering option to the Wireless&Networks menu?

I've managed to get USB tethering working with my Mac using the somewhat-complicated azilink method, and now I'm trying to get my Ubuntu Linux laptop to work as well. However, from what I can find, setting up the Linux computer with azilink is pretty invasive and requires modifying a bunch of system files by hand, which I dislike because it can lead to a messy, hard-to-manage system.

I've read that Android 2.2 supports USB tethering directly from the Wireless&Networks menu. I know this is true on some devices, but I don't see it on my Optimus V with Harmonia 1.3.1 installed. I recently flashed a friend's phone (an HTC Eris) with an Android 2.2 ROM with CM7, and the USB tethering option was there. My understanding is that this works totally differently from azilink, and when you enable the USB tethering and plug the phone into a Ubuntu Linux machine, the computer recognizes the phone as a USB network device, which can then be configured with the network manager GUI.

So, is it possible to enable this option in Harmonia?
    07-19-2011 01:34 AM
    Thanks, LeslieAnn for making this ROM -- it is a big improvement over the stock system.

Is it possible to add the USB tethering option to the Wireless&Networks menu?

I've read that Android 2.2 supports USB tethering directly from the Wireless&Networks menu.
    So, is it possible to enable this option in Harmonia?
    You're welcome.
    Keep in mind that this is still 2.2.1, not 2.2.2, this is only a few bits of it, though there really isn't much more. Another thing to remember is that Virgin disabled all tethering on 2.2.2 for the OV and usb tethering is flakey on 2.2.1 (as far as I know).

At this point the only changes expected on Harmonia in the near future is the new radio.
    07-19-2011 03:36 AM
    Another thing to remember is that Virgin disabled all tethering on 2.2.2 for the OV and usb tethering is flakey on 2.2.1 (as far as I know).
    I guess I won't be updating when and if it comes out! I like wifi tethering for my tablet at work.
    07-19-2011 05:25 AM
    I flashed Harmonia last night and love it so far! Everything is way smoother, but I'm seeing my battery draining quicker than the stock rom. I'm at 1.5 hours since unplugged and I'm already down to 90%. I used wifi for about 10 minutes this morning to download a couple games and played angry birds for about 5 minutes to see how smoothly it ran (it ran great btw). I now have wifi and 3g both turned off, screen brightness at 20%, auto-sync off, and my email app set so that I have to manually check it. I set the CPU to 600/748 min/max with no-frills CPU. Should I try a different CPU setting? Even with wifi and 3g off, will apps like words with friends and facebook still try to connect or does turning that off completely stop them from working?
    07-19-2011 09:09 AM
    Did you calibrate your battery? Don't go by first day results, your battery will be better in a couple days. This rom will definately be better than stock battery wise
    07-19-2011 09:54 AM
    Did you calibrate your battery? Don't go by first day results, your battery will be better in a couple days. This rom will definately be better than stock battery wise
    Is there something I need to do to calibrate the battery or is calibrating just letting it go for a few days?
    07-19-2011 10:10 AM
    You can do it through recovery, by erasing battery stats, or there's a free battery calibrating app in the market
    07-19-2011 10:17 AM
    To calibrate your battery, first charge it all the way up, then reboot into recovery and under advanced wipe battery stats, then reboot.
    07-19-2011 10:17 AM
    Thanks for adding the most important part for me Jerry, I thaught it, just did t type it
    07-19-2011 10:29 AM
    Awesome, thanks for the help guys! Another question...I used the kitchen to change the unlock slider and the battery icon. I flashed it and the battery icon changed, but the slider didn't. Is there something special you have to do to get the slider to change?
    07-19-2011 10:32 AM
    Thanks for adding the most important part for me Jerry, I thaught it, just did t type it
    LOL, great minds think alike, we both posted at the same time!
    07-19-2011 10:36 AM
    Is there something I need to do to calibrate the battery or is calibrating just letting it go for a few days?
    Calibrating ur battery in no way will change the life span of the battery it only effects how the battery meter within the phone reads the output feed from the battery. ie What mV, mAh, etc equal to in terms of % for display purposes.only.

Re-calibrating ur battery should only be done when switching to a different capacity battery or if it is being read wildly out of range. example: a full charge showing like 10% or it never dropping below 80% with use.
    07-19-2011 12:23 PM
    Calibrating ur battery in no way will change the life span of the battery it only effects how the battery meter within the phone reads the output feed from the battery. ie What mV, mAh, etc equal to in terms of % for display purposes.only.

Re-calibrating ur battery should only be done when switching to a different capacity battery or if it is being read wildly out of range. example: a full charge showing like 10% or it never dropping below 80% with use.
    Some roms read the information differently than others.
    07-19-2011 03:14 PM
    Older/other status bars (Harmonia 1.2 and earlier, Bumblebee 1.8 and earlier, all Aphrodite and Stock + Xionia)"](My thanks to Takenover83 for his help with these.)

Would it be possible for somebody (or LeslieAnn) to reupload this black status bar? I keep getting invalid file from Mediafire.
    07-19-2011 04:29 PM
    Just the market issue.
    I have never used Picasa
    Understood. Then please consider this an official bug report When attempting to upload a photo to Picasa from the Gallery in Harmonia I get a FC dialog:

Anyone else have this issue? Should be easy to test, you automatically have access to Picasa if you have a Google account.
    07-19-2011 04:34 PM
    Older/other status bars (Harmonia 1.2 and earlier, Bumblebee 1.8 and earlier, all Aphrodite and Stock + Xionia)"](My thanks to Takenover83 for his help with these.)

Would it be possible for somebody (or LeslieAnn) to reupload this black status bar? I keep getting invalid file from Mediafire.
    Odd, a bunch of the older links failed, should be working now.

Understood. Then please consider this an official bug report When attempting to upload a photo to Picasa from the Gallery in Harmonia I get a FC dialog:

Anyone else have this issue? Should be easy to test, you automatically have access to Picasa if you have a Google account.
    I'll wait for some other reports on it, usually this sort of thing is isolated due to a bad flash, bad download or bad data restore. The last being most likely, as even Google Reader doesn't like being backed sometimes. This is especially likely since 1.3.1 didn't go anywhere near anything related to that and if 1.3 was an issue, we would have other reports by now. I'm not trying to brush your report off, it's just that there are lots of other reasons, and few complaints.

Do a nandbackup, wipe, then put a fresh install of the rom and Picasa, without using data restore from Titanium or any other backup and see if it works. My bet is that it will.
    07-19-2011 05:55 PM
    Odd, a bunch of the older links failed, should be working now.
    Thanks much Leslie. Great ROM of yours.
    07-19-2011 08:10 PM
    This might not be directly related to this rom but is there a way to get YouTube back in the system directory to free up space?
    07-19-2011 10:43 PM
    This might not be directly related to this rom but is there a way to get YouTube back in the system directory to free up space?
    Isn't it a movable file to your sd card? Granted I don't know how big your sd card is to begin with but should be able to move it off your phone.
    07-19-2011 10:55 PM
    Isn't it a movable file to your sd card? Granted I don't know how big your sd card is to begin with but should be able to move it off your phone.
    I have a 16gb SD card but the move to SD option is greyed out.
    07-19-2011 10:57 PM
    It's 800k.
    I did maps because it was 10megs, when Youtube hits 2 or 3 megs, I'll consider it.

By including it, it leaves me open to having to keep updating, just as I do with Maps, which updates often enough as it is and really, 800k isn't a big deal. It might be if you are low I guess, but you might want to petition app makers to support Apps2sd instead, since they use much more space.
    07-19-2011 10:59 PM
    I have a 16gb SD card but the move to SD option is greyed out.
    Hmm...should already be on your sd card then? I use link2sd but I removed that link and then had the option to move youtube to my sd card through the manage apps section of our phone settings.
    07-19-2011 11:01 PM
    Er....my bad I was looking at the wrong app in the settings. I was looking at words with friends. YouTube is still showing up as 1.7mb, though. Even at that I understand it's not worth the trouble for you.
    07-19-2011 11:04 PM
    I've been having an issue since applying the 1.3.1 update. In the new market I am able to download and install free apps and apps I've previously purchased but when I try to buy a new app the market force closes. I've reapplied 1.3.1 a few times with no change.
    07-21-2011 12:42 PM
1,892 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD