10-31-2015 01:11 PM
1,892 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    Er....my bad I was looking at the wrong app in the settings. I was looking at words with friends. YouTube is still showing up as 1.7mb, though. Even at that I understand it's not worth the trouble for you.
    I looked at mine, granted it's linked to my ext3 partition with link2sd but mine shows a size of 1.28 mb for the app itself. With cache it's 1.29.
    07-21-2011 12:45 PM
    I've been having an issue since applying the 1.3.1 update. In the new market I am able to download and install free apps and apps I've previously purchased but when I try to buy a new app the market force closes. I've reapplied 1.3.1 a few times with no change.
    Have you tried a fresh download of the patch?
    It can be corrupted any time it is moved from first download to when you actually flash it.
    07-21-2011 04:04 PM
    Have you tried a fresh download of the patch?
    It can be corrupted any time it is moved from first download to when you actually flash it.
    Just downloaded and applied another fresh copy of 1.3.1, then tried to buy and app and got the same force close. Has anyone else bought any new apps since applying the update?
    07-21-2011 04:30 PM
    I will try and check on it later tonight.
    07-21-2011 04:39 PM
    +1 on FC when trying to buy an app from Market.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-21-2011 05:21 PM
    no new market?? is there any change or is it just an improved version of the old one
    07-21-2011 08:21 PM
    I looked at mine, granted it's linked to my ext3 partition with link2sd but mine shows a size of 1.28 mb for the app itself. With cache it's 1.29.
    App is 1.28mb for mine as well but 1.7 with cache. That explains it, I must not have been paying attention on that one. Either way, it's not as big as I thought it was when I was looking a words with friends.
    07-21-2011 09:11 PM
    App is 1.28mb for mine as well but 1.7 with cache. That explains it, I must not have been paying attention on that one. Either way, it's not as big as I thought it was when I was looking a words with friends.
    That's why I use quick app cleaner (or something to that effect) as it goes through and cleans all my cache for me. I have it set to clean every 3 hours and it's constantly showing 5 to 10 mb of cache cleaned lol.

no new market?? is there any change or is it just an improved version of the old one
    It isn't "improved" just new. I would suggest using the "old" one until the bugs are ironed out with the new one.
    07-21-2011 10:10 PM
    I'll have to look for that...thanks!
    07-21-2011 11:10 PM
    My market has been working great. Not sure where the problem may be here. I did the download directly to the phone (for the update). Been perfect every time I changed something.

Sent from a rooted SuperPAD clone with Android 2.2 :P
    07-22-2011 06:07 PM
    First - nice job on the ROM, this is my first flash, after reading numerous posts here & elsewhere, I decided to take the plunge. I've only had Harmonia 1.3.1 on for about an hour so far, but it looks good. This leads to a couple of simple questions...

Installation of the 'optional' zips mentioned in post 2 under Things removed...
    Maps - i haven't installed this yet, you mention that it goes into the system area, thus freeing space up. What happens when Google releases an update to maps?

Sounds & ringtones, I installed this, but now I have the standard Virgin Mobile sound at boot time (which I hate). Can I fix this easily (I'd just as soon have a simple 'plunk' sound. Is there an easy way to backout this flash, or should I just reload the Harmonia 1.3 - 1.3.1 ROM?

That's it - gotta say it's making me love the Optimus V, I tried a Moto Triumph out for a week, for me, just not worth the $$$ and, I like the smaller size of the V anyways. The Moto is going back tomorrow....

Keep it up & many thanks for your hard work...
    07-23-2011 09:23 AM
    For backup just boot into recovery, go to restore and backup, and just click backup
    07-23-2011 03:04 PM
    I have just updated the stock ROM with Harmonia 1.3.1. This is another prime example of how a small group of motivated and skilled people can do so much better job than a large team of paid professionals. This had to be the stock Optimus V ROM. Thank you LeslieAnn and all of the collaborators, thank you.
    07-23-2011 04:22 PM
    I've been reading a lot of threads/posts but since I can no longer use ThunderC recovery, I need to start using ROMtools. Just to clarify how to install Harmonia 1.3: Can I.....
    1) Use gingerbreak 1.2 to root phone
    2) download ROMtools on to computer and flash recovery to phone (?)
    3) download Harmonia, put it on SD card, and then use ROMtools to flash it?

Is this right? I used to do it the long way by typing adb commands but I want to keep up with the times haha.
    07-23-2011 06:14 PM
    I've been reading a lot of threads/posts but since I can no longer use ThunderC recovery, I need to start using ROMtools. Just to clarify how to install Harmonia 1.3: Can I.....

Is this right? I used to do it the long way by typing adb commands but I want to keep up with the times haha.
    Sounds right to me.
    07-23-2011 06:16 PM
    Installation of the 'optional' zips mentioned in post 2 under Things removed...
    Maps - i haven't installed this yet, you mention that it goes into the system area, thus freeing space up. What happens when Google releases an update to maps?

Sounds & ringtones, I installed this, but now I have the standard Virgin Mobile sound at boot time (which I hate). Can I fix this easily (I'd just as soon have a simple 'plunk' sound. Is there an easy way to backout this flash, or should I just reload the Harmonia 1.3 - 1.3.1 ROM?
    You can remove sounds using a rooted file manager, but it may just be easier to reload things. Once you get batter at backups, it becomes easy to just reload.

As for the Maps updates, you can disable auto update and wait for me to release the latest in flash form, or let it install the update, then remove the update and flash when I release the updated flash. I try to keep it up to date within a few days.

My market has been working great. Not sure where the problem may be here. I did the download directly to the phone (for the update). Been perfect every time I changed something.
    It works fine until you click purchase then it FC's. It doesn't even complete the purchase.

The best way (in my opinion) is install one of the Xionia recoveries (which are the better ones anyhow), copy the zip to the SDCard, reboot to recovery and flash the zip there. No need for a computer.
    07-23-2011 08:48 PM
    Is there an advantage of flashing Maps? AFAIK, it has no space advantage compared to installing from Market. When it is updated from Market, it takes double space if it was flashed compared to installation from Market.

Similarly, there is an update on the Market for Voice Search. Instead of applying the update, I have deleted it using Titanium Backup from ROM and installed it again from the Market to avoid wasting space. It is still working fine. Is it possible to exclude Voice Search in the main ROM (just like Google Search) and move into a package along with Maps?
    07-24-2011 08:45 AM
    I just went through & reflashed starting at 1.3. Before applying 1.3.1 with the new market i tried to purchase an App and the market worked fine. After applying 1.3.1 I tried the new market app and got the Force Close error.
    I'll try again in a bit and download 1.3.1 direct to the phone and apply it...

BTW - I double-checked the MD5's on both zips and they matched...
    07-24-2011 11:57 AM
    Not sure if this will help, I did a logcat while trying to purchase from the Market:

I/wifi ( 124): [android_net_wifi_getRssiHelper] rssi -40
    D/dalvikvm( 625): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 6391 objects / 1197496 bytes in 109ms
    E/Finsky ( 625): [1] AppPermissionAdapter.<init>: Invalid group name:null
    W/Finsky ( 625): [1] CarrierParamsAction.run: Saving carrier billing params failed.
    D/Finsky ( 625): [1] CarrierProvisioningAction.shouldFetchProvisioning: Required CarrierBillingParams missing. Shouldn't fetch provisioning.
    W/AccountManagerService( 124): caller uid 10038 is different than the authenticator's uid
    D/AndroidRuntime( 625): Shutting down VM
    W/dalvikvm( 625): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40020968)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 625): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    E/AndroidRuntime( 625): java.lang.SecurityException: caller uid 10038 is different than the authenticator's uid
    E/AndroidRuntime( 625): at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1247)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 625): at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1235)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 625): at android.accounts.IAccountManager$Stub$Proxy.peekAuthToken(IAccountManager.java:610)
    07-24-2011 12:45 PM
    Not sure if this will help, I did a logcat while trying to purchase from the Market:
    That confirms that it's a signing error. Thanks.
    Now I just need the time to deal with it.
    07-24-2011 03:40 PM
    I just wanted to say that I love this rom. Thank you for making it. This was the first one I flashed to my phone. I have tried a few others but I am always back on Harmonia with in a day or two. I wonder if there will be a Gingerbread Harmonia some day.
    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-24-2011 06:55 PM
    That confirms that it's a signing error. Thanks.
    Now I just need the time to deal with it.
    Glad to help, I've downloaded free apps using it, so it appears to only effect attempts at purchasing. I suspect that people could always purchase an app from the marketplace website and then proceed to download it on their phone if they really needed something.

Out of curiosity, can I simple modify the MANIFEST.MF file removing the references to the Marketplace piece and re-zip the directory structure minus that apk and flash that to my phone? I'm not trying to 'rush' you, I appreciate all you've done, just trying to understand this a little better.
    07-24-2011 09:45 PM
    With Harmonia 1.3.1 installed on my OV, I just made a purchase on the Market today (SVOX US English Grace Voice) and it went fine; payment, download, installation, etc. Just wanted to let you know that I had no signing error here.
    07-25-2011 11:58 AM
    I guess I won't be updating when and if it comes out! I like wifi tethering for my tablet at work.
    I'm not sure I entirely followed the tethering questions, but....

The tethering code is there. I use Harmonia 1.3.1, and an app called QuickSettings -- among other cool features, it includes a link to the native tethering app. I used it this weekend, and it worked fine (though it took two tries for my laptop to connect, for some reason).

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out what piece of the conversation I was misunderstanding. I'm not talking about USB tethering, but wireless tethering. USB tethering would be cool, too, but if it ain't gonna happen I'm fine with the wireless tethering, personally.

On a different note...I was having several crashes that were forcing me to pull the battery -- I think it's from pushing the envelope on memory, installing more apps than I have room for (the new app store has friendlier warnings, and stops you from trying to download something you don't have room for, which is nice, but I still managed to push the limits). After one crash I cleared the cache and davlick cache from recovery mode -- and when I came back, I was back to the old market. Nothing I've done since has brought back the new market -- cache clearing, re-applying the 1.3.1 patch, trying to delete /system/app/Vending.apk (which fails even with su permissions using file manager apps on the phone - I suspect I'll have to do it from a console?). Everything else seems to be working fine, though (haven't tried purchasing an app through the "old" market, but I don't have the cash for it anyway).

Note that I have noticed some glitches logging into various things using my google account -- had to complete a captcha on the phone this morning to get into gmail today, and the syncing of read messages seems to be broken (PC doesn't see that I've read messages on the phone). I'm not blaming that on the ROM, though -- I had an oddity on a different PC logging in with Chrome last night, too, so I think something is up with Google's authentications, perhaps starting this weekend and floating into today. Or maybe it's just my account.
    07-25-2011 01:19 PM
    Nothing I've done since has brought back the new market -- cache clearing, re-applying the 1.3.1 patch, trying to delete /system/app/Vending.apk (which fails even with su permissions using file manager apps on the phone - I suspect I'll have to do it from a console?). Everything else seems to be working fine, though (haven't tried purchasing an app through the "old" market, but I don't have the cash for it anyway).
    This was the problem I had right after releasing this, deleting vending.apk was what fixed it, and yes, you need a rooted file manager to do it, try Super Manager.
    RobN likes this.
    07-25-2011 05:59 PM
1,892 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD