10-31-2015 01:11 PM
1,892 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    I reloaded Harmonia from scratch this afternoon, but, this time I erased everything I could get m hands on, except for boot and the SD card. After the install and flashing 1.3.1 I tried out the 'new' market & I was able to purchase an app with it.
    07-25-2011 07:54 PM
    I just wanted to say that I love this rom. Thank you for making it. This was the first one I flashed to my phone. I have tried a few others but I am always back on Harmonia with in a day or two. I wonder if there will be a Gingerbread Harmonia some day.
    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    If an official release is made, yes.

I reloaded Harmonia from scratch this afternoon, but, this time I erased everything I could get m hands on, except for boot and the SD card. After the install and flashing 1.3.1 I tried out the 'new' market & I was able to purchase an app with it.
    Well, that is an interesting twist.
    mrg666 likes this.
    07-25-2011 10:11 PM
    EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out what piece of the conversation I was misunderstanding. I'm not talking about USB tethering, but wireless tethering. USB tethering would be cool, too, but if it ain't gonna happen I'm fine with the wireless tethering, personally.
    The free app PDAnet will allow you to USB tether with your OV.
    07-25-2011 11:15 PM
    I just installed Harmonia and I am really liking it. Thanks for making this available. I was very nervous about installing a recovery and flashing a custom rom but after a few tries, it finally worked.
    07-26-2011 02:16 AM
    Hi LeslieAnn, thanks so much for putting all of this together, I am really enjoying the increase space and speed.

One issue has to do with the status bar upgrades. I have flashed both of the gray bars with success and booted into the phone and all is fine except for the power button will not give a menu any longer. It will sleep the phone when depressed and let go, but if held, no menu will come up (as usual) and if held long enough it looks as if the ROM reboots because the Harmonia splash screen comes up and then goes back to homescreen.

I reflashed 1.3 after this first happened and checked each time booting in and trying the power menu. I checked just 1.3, 1.3.1 patch and then maps, all three working fine, but once I flashed either gray bar (I did not try the black bars), no dice.

Let me know if there is any information you might need from me.
    07-26-2011 09:17 AM
    I hope the OV gets an official Gingerbread update, cuz I'm looking forward to a Gingerbread version of Harmonia. :-)
    07-26-2011 10:17 AM
    Well, that is an interesting twist.
    Well, I tried re-flashing again last night - and market would not work - got a FC on it. Arghh, one simple question, is it safe to Wipe boot (that sort of makes me nervous). I should have taken notes yesterday when I re-flashed everything. Wish xionia had a flash it for a new ROM menu selection

I'll try again later when I get time, is it 'safe' to replace stuff in /system/app - like maybe the market Vending.apk using adb from my desktop?
    07-26-2011 10:48 AM
    Hmm... well, I noticed that my signal dropped to zero and my tws jumped from 70% to 100%. I do have bad coverage at my house but I usually have 1-2 bars. I uninstalled this rom and now my coverage is back. Strange. Perhaps, I should try and flash it again.
    07-26-2011 04:15 PM
    I went ahead and reflashed once again - market works again. I'm using Xionia CWMA v1.2518.4 for recovery. Here's what I did, perhaps a little overkill, but, I wanted to make sure that I wiped anything that might be hanging around (this wipe/format/wipe again stuff makes me think of waving a bag of chicken bones over my head, to me, a wipe or format should do it, not having to do it multiple times)....
    1. wipe data/factory reset
    2. wipe cache partition
    3. mounts and storage: format boot, system, data, cache
    4. advanced: wipe Dalvik Cache
    5. wipe data/factory reset again
    6. wag the bag of chicken bones over my head
    7. install zip Harmonia 1.3.zip
    8. install zip Harmonia_1.3.1.zip
    9. install zip Harmonia_1.3.1.zip (yes, again)
    10. install zip Harmonia_Maps_Patch_July_5.7.zip
    11. advanced - wipe Dalvik Cache (again)
    12. reboot
    13. connect to WiFi
    14. run Market, and attempt a purchase - it worked!!!
    15. Reboot into Recovery and made a backup so I can always come back here when I want to...

In between the last run, I had played with IHO Backside ROM - which is pretty cool, but, LeslieAnn - this ROM rocks! It's a lean mean machine - and solid as a rock.
    07-26-2011 06:52 PM
    I went ahead and reflashed once again - market works again. I'm using Xionia CWMA v1.2518.4 for recovery. Here's what I did, perhaps a little overkill, but, I wanted to make sure that I wiped anything that might be hanging around (this wipe/format/wipe again stuff makes me think of waving a bag of chicken bones over my head, to me, a wipe or format should do it, not having to do it multiple times)....
    1. wipe data/factory reset
    2. wipe cache partition
    3. mounts and storage: format boot, system, data, cache
    4. advanced: wipe Dalvik Cache
    5. wipe data/factory reset again
    6. wag the bag of chicken bones over my head
    7. install zip Harmonia 1.3.zip
    8. install zip Harmonia_1.3.1.zip
    9. install zip Harmonia_1.3.1.zip (yes, again)
    10. install zip Harmonia_Maps_Patch_July_5.7.zip
    11. advanced - wipe Dalvik Cache (again)
    12. reboot
    13. connect to WiFi
    14. run Market, and attempt a purchase - it worked!!!
    15. Reboot into Recovery and made a backup so I can always come back here when I want to...

In between the last run, I had played with IHO Backside ROM - which is pretty cool, but, LeslieAnn - this ROM rocks! It's a lean mean machine - and solid as a rock.
    Yes --- "solid as a rock" I've been running this now for several weeks and have never had a bit of trouble with this ROM. "Lean and mean" is also very descriptive of this ROM... This is the ROM VM should be shipping their phones with . I haven't gone for the update 1.3.1 yet it seems like maybe few bugs need to be fixed first but I am looking forward to 1.3.1
    07-26-2011 09:03 PM
    Under "important notes" in the first post, it says, "This is NOT overclocked. You need an overclock utility for that." However, when I installed setCPU, the default main page was set at 245 Mhz min and 748 Mhz max (interactive). So is the rom (or kernel) already set at this level?

Even after clearing the data and uninstalling setCPU, the CPU range seems to be the same, and it has not even changed after I did a complete wipe (I did everything crpeck outlined) and reinstalled the rom. So is 245 Mhz min and 748 Mhz max (interactive) the default setting on the CPU? If not, how do i revert it back to the way it was before (it seems I have tried everything)?
    07-26-2011 09:47 PM
    One issue has to do with the status bar upgrades. I have flashed both of the gray bars with success and booted into the phone and all is fine except for the power button will not give a menu any longer. It will sleep the phone when depressed and let go, but if held, no menu will come up (as usual) and if held long enough it looks as if the ROM reboots because the Harmonia splash screen comes up and then goes back to homescreen.
    It sounds like you flashed the old statusbars, not the 1.3 ones.

Under "important notes" in the first post, it says, "This is NOT overclocked. You need an overclock utility for that." However, when I installed setCPU, the default main page was set at 245 Mhz min and 748 Mhz max (interactive). So is the rom (or kernel) already set at this level?
    No idea, maybe you had another overclock utility installed.
    07-26-2011 10:55 PM
    No idea, maybe you had another overclock utility installed.
    First of all, I want to thank you, LeslieAnn for putting together such an awesome rom! I know I should have read more on overclocking before I tried it. Most of what I did was just follow this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-profiles.html

The only overclock utility I installed was setCPU (unless one was included in the rom, which I don't think there was). Currently setCPU is uninstalled, but there's still a backup of it in "titanium backup." I am detecting CPU status with the "Temp+CPU V2" widget.
    In trying to revert to original settings, II have done everything crpeck listed below, but the CPU setting still remain:

wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    mounts and storage: format boot, system, data, cache
    advanced: wipe Dalvik Cache
    wipe data/factory reset again
    wag the bag of chicken bones over my head
    install zip Harmonia 1.3.zip
    install zip Harmonia_1.3.1.zip
    install zip Harmonia_1.3.1.zip (yes, again)
    install zip Harmonia_Maps_Patch_July_5.7.zip
    advanced - wipe Dalvik Cache (again)
    reboot

I suppose the only way to control it will be to use setCPU...
    Any idea what the default settings are? maybe i can just set them to default with setCPU or make better profiles on it.
    07-26-2011 11:33 PM

Even after clearing the data and uninstalling setCPU, the CPU range seems to be the same, and it has not even changed after I did a complete wipe (I did everything crpeck outlined) and reinstalled the rom. So is 245 Mhz min and 748 Mhz max (interactive) the default setting on the CPU? If not, how do i revert it back to the way it was before (it seems I have tried everything)?
    I also saw this when I first flashed. I installed no frills cpu and it had 245/748 listed as the current setting.
    07-27-2011 12:28 AM
    Odd, it should be 600 and on demand I beleive.
    07-27-2011 02:02 AM
    Simple question, am I imagining this... I could have sworn that before when I assigned a PIN to unlock my phone that it always displayed the slider unlock screen and then the enter PIN screen. I went ahead last night and assigned a PIN, and, now when I push the power button 'on' I automagically go to the enter PIN screen. I'd like the slider screen back, as I put my emergency contact info on that. Did I muck something up somewhere, or, is it my feeble mind playing tricks on me
    07-27-2011 09:15 AM
    Simple question, am I imagining this... I could have sworn that before when I assigned a PIN to unlock my phone that it always displayed the slider unlock screen and then the enter PIN screen. I went ahead last night and assigned a PIN, and, now when I push the power button 'on' I automagically go to the enter PIN screen. I'd like the slider screen back, as I put my emergency contact info on that. Did I muck something up somewhere, or, is it my feeble mind playing tricks on me
    It does this for me as well.
    07-27-2011 12:56 PM
    is it supposed to show 2.2.1 in the about phone menu? did i get the update applied correctly?
    07-27-2011 01:56 PM
    is it supposed to show 2.2.1 in the about phone menu? did i get the update applied correctly?
    Yes. This is not a 2.2.2 rom, Leslieann only added some of the 2.2.2 bits.
    07-27-2011 03:36 PM
    Leslieann can you please clarify what the issue is about Maps updates? There was an update in the Market today, and it seemed to work fine.
    07-27-2011 03:38 PM
    Leslieann can you please clarify what the issue is about Maps updates? There was an update in the Market today, and it seemed to work fine.
    It's just a convenience to save space on the internal storage. By updating the app every time it adds on to the filesize and doesn't remove the old version.
    07-27-2011 07:22 PM
    It's just a convenience to save space on the internal storage. By updating the app every time it adds on to the filesize and doesn't remove the old version.
    Ah I see! To be clear though:

• There is one copy of Maps that you install with the ROM.
    • If I update from the Market a second copy is made?
    • If I update from the Market again, a third copy is made, or does it overwrite the previous one?

So either I have 2 copies at most, or n copies where n is the number of updates?

Thanks!
    07-27-2011 07:27 PM
    Ah I see! To be clear though:

• There is one copy of Maps that you install with the ROM.
    • If I update from the Market a second copy is made?
    • If I update from the Market again, a third copy is made, or does it overwrite the previous one?

So either I have 2 copies at most, or n copies where n is the number of updates?

Thanks!
    Normally...
    Maps is shipped with a rom, this is in the file system and does not use up app space.
    Whee an update comes out, it gets stored in app space, and therefore you end up with two copies. When another update comes out, the second one is replaced. You cannot update files in the system.

On Harmonia...
    Maps is NOT shipped with the rom.
    After you flash the rom, you have the option of flashing Maps into the system files.
    When an update comes out, it goes into app storage, if you let it update.

However, within a few days I try to release an updated flasher.
    This lets you uninstall any updates and replace the one in the system, saving your app storage for other apps.
    07-27-2011 07:41 PM
    LeslieAnn, is there a solution to this?
    07-27-2011 07:59 PM
    On Harmonia...
    Maps is NOT shipped with the rom.
    After you flash the rom, you have the option of flashing Maps into the system files.
    When an update comes out, it goes into app storage, if you let it update.

However, within a few days I try to release an updated flasher.
    This lets you uninstall any updates and replace the one in the system, saving your app storage for other apps.
    Thanks. In fact I never knew I had the option to flash maps (I probably missed it) so in my case after installing Harmonia I just downloaded Maps from the Market, which I'm assuming installs into app storage? So in my case I only have one copy, ever, right?

Yes it takes app storage, but I don't have a problem with that.

Thanks for the explanation, in any case!
    07-27-2011 08:49 PM
1,892 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD