10-31-2015 02:11 PM
1,892 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    this is the best rom for the OV. From the clarity to the actual tweeks.
    07-27-2011 09:50 PM
    Normally...
    Maps is shipped with a rom, this is in the file system and does not use up app space.
    Whee an update comes out, it gets stored in app space, and therefore you end up with two copies. When another update comes out, the second one is replaced. You cannot update files in the system.

On Harmonia...
    Maps is NOT shipped with the rom.
    After you flash the rom, you have the option of flashing Maps into the system files.
    When an update comes out, it goes into app storage, if you let it update.

However, within a few days I try to release an updated flasher.
    This lets you uninstall any updates and replace the one in the system, saving your app storage for other apps.
    I'm attempting to understand how Android allocates space, as I understand it (which could be completely incorrect), there is a certain amount of space allocate to the system ROM area, and, then space allocated to cache(?), and then to data (apps). Harmonia allows you to install Maps to the system rom space, but, if you update from the Marketplace, it will install a 2nd copy in the 'data' (apps) space. So, is it possible to allocate less space to /system and more to /data, thus alleviating the issue of updating certain apps?
    07-27-2011 10:40 PM
    I tried the black status bars LeslieAnn posted (black-normal-statusbar) in the first page with Harmonia 1.3.1 on my OV. I noticed that some of the icons were not looking good on the black background (e.g. alarm clock, upload, download, gps, sd card, vibration indicators). I have fixed them in the UOT kitchen using LeslieAnn's (I hope that's OK) framework-res.apk and replaced the battery icon with a fancy one I have also changed the notifications window a little bit to match with black status bar and reverted the boot animation to the original Android. You can see below

You can download the zip file here

If you want to use the zip file above, in the recovery first flash LeslieAnn's black-normal-statusbar from the first page and this file after that. If you want the Harmonia boot animation back (or save space), you can just delete /data/local/bootanimation.zip on the phone with a root filemanager. I hope LeslieAnn would not object posting this here. I can delete the post if requested.
    skitzles likes this.
    07-28-2011 01:00 AM
    I tried the black status bars LeslieAnn posted (black-normal-statusbar) in the first page with Harmonia 1.3.1 on my OV. I noticed that some of the icons were not looking good on the black background (e.g. alarm clock, upload, download, gps, sd card, vibration indicators). I have fixed them in the UOT kitchen using LeslieAnn's (I hope that's OK) framework-res.apk and replaced the battery icon with a fancy one I have also changed the notifications window a little bit to match with black status bar and reverted the boot animation to the original Android. You can see below

You can download the zip file here

If you want to use the zip file above, in the recovery first flash LeslieAnn's black-normal-statusbar from the first page and this file after that. If you want the Harmonia boot animation back (or save space), you can just delete /data/local/bootanimation.zip on the phone with a root filemanager. I hope LeslieAnn would not object posting this here. I can delete the post if requested.
    Would you mind sharing your background from that screenshot? I really like it.
    07-28-2011 11:50 AM
    Would you mind sharing your background from that screenshot? I really like it.
    Sure, you can find it at the link below.

htc_wallpaper_05 - Droid Wallpapers, Droid Gallery
    07-28-2011 12:11 PM
    Sure, you can find it at the link below.

htc_wallpaper_05 - Droid Wallpapers, Droid Gallery
    Thanks! And good job on the black status bar. I personally prefer the Froyo status bar, but I'm sure some people will love what you did.
    07-28-2011 12:27 PM
    I flashed Framirezferrer's bars to my phone. Looks really good. I like the full color icons. If I knew how screenshot worked I'd show you. I've thought about changing the battery back to the one on Leslie's black bar (upright). I used that one before and liked it.

Sent from my Op V using Tapatalk.
    07-28-2011 01:16 PM
    LeslieAnn, is there a solution to this?
    I would look into what all you have installed.
    If it;s not something you installed, then it is something that changed while adding the reboot menu, but I doubt that.

Thanks. In fact I never knew I had the option to flash maps (I probably missed it) so in my case after installing Harmonia I just downloaded Maps from the Market, which I'm assuming installs into app storage? So in my case I only have one copy, ever, right?

Yes it takes app storage, but I don't have a problem with that.

Thanks for the explanation, in any case!
    Yes, you only have 1 copy.

I hope LeslieAnn would not object posting this here. I can delete the post if requested.
    No worries, that looks good.
    07-28-2011 05:10 PM
    I would look into what all you have installed.
    If it;s not something you installed, then it is something that changed while adding the reboot menu, but I doubt that.
    I don't have any kind of abnormal app or lockscreen replacement installed. I haven't done anything extra to the ROM. Not sure what's causing it.
    07-28-2011 05:35 PM
    I reflashed Harmonia and everything is perfect. The cell reception is the same. I have better access in my room. However, in the drop down notification it still says Virgin Mobile. Did something not take? I thought it was supposed to say Harmonia.
    07-28-2011 07:36 PM
    I reflashed Harmonia and everything is perfect. The cell reception is the same. I have better access in my room. However, in the drop down notification it still says Virgin Mobile. Did something not take? I thought it was supposed to say Harmonia.
    You also have to flash the patch to get the "Harmonia" in the notification drawer.

Sent from a disparaged guy with a SuperPAD...another happy customer.
    poppybe likes this.
    07-28-2011 08:16 PM
    LeslieAnn, I was wondering, there is a new map update just released today 7/28 Is there a simple way we can make the update to maps without you having to take the time to develop one? I have no idea how easy (or hard) it might be ...I thought if it were easy enough we could save you some time.
    07-28-2011 09:55 PM
    LeslieAnn, I was wondering, there is a new map update just released today 7/28 Is there a simple way we can make the update to maps without you having to take the time to develop one? I have no idea how easy (or hard) it might be ...I thought if it were easy enough we could save you some time.
    I believe that you can go ahead an update it from the Marketplace, it will take up space outside of the 'system' area (in your 'data' space). You'll have 2 copies, but will be running the newer. Once she comes out with the zip for it, you'll need to remove the updated one before applying the updated zipfile.
    07-29-2011 12:14 AM
    Use the current maps zip, open it with any decompressor, and overwrite the apk in it. Don't decomepress then recompress, just open and drop it in.

To flash it, you will have to turn off signature checking, but it will work.
    07-29-2011 01:35 AM
    Use the current maps zip, open it with any decompressor, and overwrite the apk in it. Don't decomepress then recompress, just open and drop it in.

To flash it, you will have to turn off signature checking, but it will work.
    Is it just an overwrite when flashing... no need to remove anything??????? I haven't let the market update it yet so I am solely running off of your zip file. Looks like GMAIL can out with an update as well. Its hard to keep up..... http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/28/g...ones-and-sync/
    07-29-2011 01:15 PM
    Can somebody PLEASE help me... or something lol. I love Harmonia, but whenever I use it I have issues with Gmail, when I try SENDING an email, gmail force closes and will not let me send it. Everything else works though, I could save drafts, receive emails, etc... but sending is the only issue. Any Ideas?

I really don't want to install any other ROM, the battery life in those aren't as amazing as Harmonia <3
    07-29-2011 05:05 PM
    Is it just an overwrite when flashing... no need to remove anything??????? I haven't let the market update it yet so I am solely running off of your zip file. Looks like GMAIL can out with an update as well. Its hard to keep up..... Gmail v2.3.5 for Android adds label-specific ringtones and sync priority mail only options -- Engadget
    Yes, it will just overwrite.
    I need to push out the updates, but I'm contemplating something more drastic. I should have it figured out this weekend.

Can somebody PLEASE help me... or something lol. I love Harmonia, but whenever I use it I have issues with Gmail, when I try SENDING an email, gmail force closes and will not let me send it. Everything else works though, I could save drafts, receive emails, etc... but sending is the only issue. Any Ideas?

I really don't want to install any other ROM, the battery life in those aren't as amazing as Harmonia <3
    Try starting over with a fresh download. Something may have been corrupted.
    07-29-2011 05:16 PM
    Is it possible to remove gmail, Google search, voice search from Harmonia just like Maps? If they are initially installed from the market and updated from there, wouldn't it be simpler and more efficient spacewise?
    07-29-2011 06:09 PM
    Is it possible to remove gmail, Google search, voice search from Harmonia just like Maps? If they are initially installed from the market and updated from there, wouldn't it be simpler and more efficient spacewise?
    Sure can, just use an app called SDX App Remover. Make sure to make a backup (can do via the app) of the .apk (which I think forces you to) before removing. When you back them up you can always just delete them from the folder for the app and redownload them from the market anytime you want.

There are more apps like this but this one I found to be the most simple and it's free. Just go under Manage System Apps and scroll through the list and find the name of the .apk you want to remove. Such as Gmail.apk etc.
    07-29-2011 06:24 PM
    I removed Gmail with Titanium from /system and installed the latest version from the market. It is working fine. However, when I removed Google search from /system and reinstalled from the market in the same way, the search button would not start the search app anymore although I could still start it from the launcher. So I uninstalled Google Search and restored into /system with Titanium (good to have the backup). Apparently, the search button is hardwired to the Google Search in /system.
    07-29-2011 06:45 PM
    At one point those were left out on Aphrodite and it created issues for people.

I left Gmail in because if you add it later, you have to go and manually tell it to auto sync. Just one more thing to do each time I reload the system. Leaving Gmail in was for personal reasons.

Google search breaks the search button. Even if you add it back later to the app storage, it has to be in the system area. The same happens with Voice, they have to be in the system in order for the buttons to function.

Really though, they aren't big and aren't using app space so it's not a big deal, but yes, you can remove them.
    07-29-2011 08:51 PM
    Really though, they aren't big and aren't using app space so it's not a big deal, but yes, you can remove them.
    Thanks for the reply and I agree that those are not a big deal. I am just trying to tweak further but it seems you did not leave much to do
    07-30-2011 11:28 AM
    Thanks for the reply and I agree that those are not a big deal. I am just trying to tweak further but it seems you did not leave much to do
    That was the idea.
    07-30-2011 06:07 PM
    Yes, it will just overwrite.
    I need to push out the updates, but I'm contemplating something more drastic. I should have it figured out this weekend.

Try starting over with a fresh download. Something may have been corrupted.
    "but I'm contemplating something more drastic" I like the sound of that........ don't let me interrupt you ... .
    07-30-2011 09:00 PM
    Something REALLY weird is happening (well not that weird)... I cant install Facebook lol. It says that Facebook isn't compatible with my phone, the hell?

Also on the webmarket, it says that my phones carrier is Mid-Tex or something

EDIT: Ignore this, did a fresh install... AGAIN lol
    07-30-2011 11:45 PM
1,892 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD