[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.3.1 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 16July11 (2.2 bit

LeslieAnn,

No offense to you and your awesome ROM, but I'm actually not a fan of "Harmonia" being in the notification window. Is there any way I can change that back to Virgin Mobile or something else?

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

@richasianman
i know your talking to LeslieAnn but i just wanna help:)
drag file from pc to your sd card
boot into recovery mode
go to install zip from sdcard
select choose zip from sdcard
find the zip
hit yes :)
i hope i helped you
Hello
I like this technique and am familiar with it but why did sharpe351 mention as few posts above about downloading directly to the phone????

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

You can download directly to your phone and go through the same steps. All it does is save you the time of transferring it to your phone.

Reactions: Timm129

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello
I like this technique and am familiar with it but why did sharpe351 mention as few posts above about downloading directly to the phone????

Because you can get a muddy copy from PC to phone at times. Happened to me when I was installing this ROM originally (see earlier posts). Decided to try to download directly into my phone and flash directly from the SD card inside phone. Basically cut out the "middle man" so-to-speak. I've had issues in the past with file transfers from PC to Mac, etc. Just don't want a paper weight.

Sent from a rooted SuperPAD clone with Android 2.2 :p

Reactions: Timm129

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Glad it's working for people.

I think the issue I am seeing is just something I created on my phone. It's sometimes difficult to keep track of what all I have done with changing things all of the time. If anyone has issues flashing this, let me know just so I have an idea as to whether or not I need to bother fixing it or if mine is an isolated incident.

I had no trouble flashing the update when I did this as a fresh flash wiping everything and using a new sdcard.

But this morning I had an odd sight when I saw the old market instead. I reflashed just the update and nothing changed. I very confused if I should restore my backup from when I finished the flashing the first time when it worked but will it just go back after sometime in an auto reset it seemed to of done alrdy?

EDIT: I deleted the vending.apk from /system/app and then reflashed the update and I got the new market back. Now I just hope it's not a chronic issue :)
EDIT 2: For some reason when ever I try to use the base email client it says my username or password is wrong every single time. I downloaded K-9 and set it up without fail just to see if my keyboard was messing up but it worked first try on both of my accounts.

Last edited:

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Glad it's working for everyone.

Possible issue with 1.3.1.

• Launched the new Market today, opened "My Apps", MyBackup Pro (MBP) listed with update pending:

snap20110718_125418.png

• Opening the MBP Market page gives no option to update:

snap20110718_125427.png

• Launching MBP says there is an update, takes me to the Market:

snap20110718_125438.png

• So I uninstalled MBP and reinstalled it.
  • Now MBP says it's not licensed. Not listed as "purchased" in the Market either.

This may be coincidental since it really does look like MBP just released an update but 1.3.1 is the only change I've made.

Also I was trying to post screenshots of this to Picasa using Gallery and getting these errors:

snap20110718_125246.png

I rebooted into recovery, cleared cache and Dalvik cache, and got the same error on restart and any time I try to upload from the Gallery.

Note that I haven't tried to post pics directly to Picasa via the Gallery for a while so this may also be coincidental (not specific to 1.3.1).

EDIT: fixed the pictures, sorry they were tiny.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I had the same thing happen a couple times lately, just try to update again later, it will work, its the market its self with the issues

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I had the same thing happen a couple times lately, just try to update again later, it will work, its the market its self with the issues

You're right, after the cache wipe and reboot I went back into the Market and the MBP update worked ok. Sorry for the noise LeslieAnn (thought the Gallery-to-Picasa issue may still be a problem).

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn,

No offense to you and your awesome ROM, but I'm actually not a fan of "Harmonia" being in the notification window. Is there any way I can change that back to Virgin Mobile or something else?
Just change it in the build.prop.
Next time you flash, use the 1.3, and then the Froyo patch I put out, that doesn't have the branding.

No offense taken.
I'm not sure if it will stay, depends on what others think. It was a nice idea, but I admit, it looks odd seeing it there so it will probably not stay.

You're right, after the cache wipe and reboot I went back into the Market and the MBP update worked ok. Sorry for the noise LeslieAnn (thought the Gallery-to-Picasa issue may still be a problem).

No worries, sometimes the market flakes, it has always has been an issue actually.

Reactions: Bigtuna00

JDMlvr22

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Im sure its been brought up on this thread. But is there a way to fix wifi from turning off when locking the phone. TIA
Ok nevermind. I found the option for wifi to turn off when screen sleeps. Next time ill look a little better before I write. Thanks anyway.
Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RavenSEAL

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Leslie strikes yet again! thank you for the patch! I love this ROM :)

richasianman

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

@richasianman
i know your talking to LeslieAnn but i just wanna help:)
drag file from pc to your sd card
boot into recovery mode
go to install zip from sdcard
select choose zip from sdcard
find the zip
hit yes :)
i hope i helped you

Thanks mr.faceman23 =] I'll try this out

richasianman

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

So I successfully flashed 1.3.1 to my phone, but I noticed, in the root of my SD card, there is a file called "mms_oom_hprof_data" and I'm wondering, wtf is that? lol That wasn't there before XD Is it ok for me to delete that?

wch_one

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, LeslieAnn for making this ROM -- it is a big improvement over the stock system.

Is it possible to add the USB tethering option to the Wireless&Networks menu?

I've managed to get USB tethering working with my Mac using the somewhat-complicated azilink method, and now I'm trying to get my Ubuntu Linux laptop to work as well. However, from what I can find, setting up the Linux computer with azilink is pretty invasive and requires modifying a bunch of system files by hand, which I dislike because it can lead to a messy, hard-to-manage system.

I've read that Android 2.2 supports USB tethering directly from the Wireless&Networks menu. I know this is true on some devices, but I don't see it on my Optimus V with Harmonia 1.3.1 installed. I recently flashed a friend's phone (an HTC Eris) with an Android 2.2 ROM with CM7, and the USB tethering option was there. My understanding is that this works totally differently from azilink, and when you enable the USB tethering and plug the phone into a Ubuntu Linux machine, the computer recognizes the phone as a USB network device, which can then be configured with the network manager GUI.

So, is it possible to enable this option in Harmonia?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, LeslieAnn for making this ROM -- it is a big improvement over the stock system.

Is it possible to add the USB tethering option to the Wireless&Networks menu?

I've read that Android 2.2 supports USB tethering directly from the Wireless&Networks menu.
So, is it possible to enable this option in Harmonia?

You're welcome.
Keep in mind that this is still 2.2.1, not 2.2.2, this is only a few bits of it, though there really isn't much more. Another thing to remember is that Virgin disabled all tethering on 2.2.2 for the OV and usb tethering is flakey on 2.2.1 (as far as I know).

At this point the only changes expected on Harmonia in the near future is the new radio.

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

I flashed Harmonia last night and love it so far! Everything is way smoother, but I'm seeing my battery draining quicker than the stock rom. I'm at 1.5 hours since unplugged and I'm already down to 90%. I used wifi for about 10 minutes this morning to download a couple games and played angry birds for about 5 minutes to see how smoothly it ran (it ran great btw). I now have wifi and 3g both turned off, screen brightness at 20%, auto-sync off, and my email app set so that I have to manually check it. I set the CPU to 600/748 min/max with no-frills CPU. Should I try a different CPU setting? Even with wifi and 3g off, will apps like words with friends and facebook still try to connect or does turning that off completely stop them from working?

Last edited: