10-31-2015 02:11 PM
1,892 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    Just tried this and i thought i killed my phone. lol.

Blue screen, said fastreboot mode started, then some other jazz, blue screen. couldn't do anything. pulled the battery for a few minutes. and then booted ok into bumblebee. then i reflashed CWM from ROM Manager. Everything seems to be ok again. that was a little scary. lol.

Not sure what could have happened when trying to flash that other recovery.
    The same thing happen to me but when i re-flashed it with a fresh download it worked. I probably corrupted it when downloading the first time didn't check the md5 so have no idea.
    08-26-2011 07:47 PM
    Bummer, if you figure it out, let me know, please.
    So far I've been "testing out" other ROMs (I've flashed the IHO GB ROM and Bumblebee so far) thinking maybe I just need to clear the memory out by replacing it with something first...but I haven't put 1.5 back on yet. I was going to see how 2.0 ran first, and then return to 1.5, but I'll be sure to let you know.

While flashing the other ROMs I always had right around 170MB (Bumblebee says 176MB, so I'm gonna guess that IHO said roughly the same as well), so one would have to assume the problem is with the CWM/IHO recovery and Harmonia 1.5

EDIT: Just flashed the Harmonia 2.0 GB ROM, and it's very spiffy lol I could easily tell that it was quicker than the IHO GB ROM, and now I can't wait for the stable finished product! haha but so far everything seems to be good. I was able to get on wifi, browse the newer market, download angry birds and it ran pretty well too. This one also had 175MB free after flashing (before I installed angry birds).

EDIT #2: Flashed both Xionia Clockwork CWMA and the Thunderc (Optimus S because apparently the Optimus V one is buggy) recoveries and went through the usual wiping process each time before installing Harmonia 1.5, and still can't get anything other than 142MB of free space. The only way I haven't tried is wiping through ADB.
    08-26-2011 09:50 PM
    One weird thing I found...

When I try to move a movable app to the sd card via Android's own method in it's app management, I get a failed error the first try. If I do it again, even immediately after, it works.

I'm on the latest Harmonia version at the top of this thread. Just flashed it last night.
    I have the same problem. I just downloaded the newest version released a couple days ago.
    08-28-2011 01:42 AM
    I have the same problem. I just downloaded the newest version released a couple days ago.
    I am now running Bumblebee, and it has this quirk as well.
    08-28-2011 02:51 AM
    I am now running Bumblebee, and it has this quirk as well.
    The more we tweak Froyo, the more quirks they will have.
    We have been diving deeper and deeper into the files and Google is getting more and more particular about file signing, which we have broken. As soon as we modded the power button, we started breaking stuff.

This is why I have been working towards an IHO version where I can build it with Google compatibility in mind.
    08-28-2011 06:05 AM
    I am thinking about flashing Harmonia and was curious. I am rooted with Gingerbreak, no new ROM's flashed. You say this is "simplified", but it has both email and Gmail. If I use K9, do I need either of those installed (or goes K9 use one or the other of those?). I still have over 100mb free and running smoothly. I've had email and gmail in Quarantine for a week with no issues.

So once I flash Harmonia, are email and gmail considered "system" apps, or can I just delete them?
    Once I reinstall Maps from the Market, will cached maps on SD still be available? (or does a wipe get rid of SD cache as well)?
    08-28-2011 10:14 AM
    email and gmail can be deleted when you aren't using push notification email...
    if you're using k9 successfully with those quarantined, it probably doesn't have any dependencies on either app and they could be deleted. just save a backup copy of then in case you find they are necessary.
    tcat007 likes this.
    08-28-2011 10:26 AM
    is there any chance of getting the new market compatible with Harmonia 1.3?

I tried installing 1.5E but it didn't allow me nearly as much free space as 1.3 did. So I went back to 1.3.

Now I can't seem to install or update apps from the Market. The download starts, pauses on its own, starts again, pauses again, starts again and then cancels entirely.

Oddly enough I COULD install new ones shortly after I changed from the stock ROM to Harmonia. I got 4 or 5 installed and now this behavior.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Perhaps because I'm using the older Market that Harmonia 1.3 needs?

Thanks for the help

edit: I tried again, and it looked like it was going to install the update I requested. Then it forced a spontaneous reboot -- back to the green Harmonia screen, not the first white one.

edit: did some research, went to settings > applications > market and cleared cache. No dice. I'm using Market 2.3.6
    08-29-2011 05:47 PM
    Finally I took the plunge and tried again installing Harmonia. This time it worked a charm!

Now, how do I remove "News and Weather"?
    08-30-2011 01:55 AM
    Finally I took the plunge and tried again installing Harmonia. This time it worked a charm!

I used titaniumbackup to remove system apps , somehow gallery was eating my battery even after i would forcestop it. You can grab root uninstaller off of market and try that as well.
    08-30-2011 04:42 AM
    I tried installing 1.5E but it didn't allow me nearly as much free space as 1.3 did. So I went back to 1.3.
    I'm using link2sd on Harmonia 1.5E
    08-30-2011 04:51 AM
    is there any chance of getting the new market compatible with Harmonia 1.3?
    The power button mod messes with the file signing.
    The new Market has a new security system that checks the signing.

Until I can find a way around this, it's going to be iffy at best. The "easy" method means re-signing a bunch of files, including the Market app. However that breaks the next Market update.

A file manager with root can remove it.
    It's in system/app and it's called GenieWidget.apk
    mewikime likes this.
    08-30-2011 05:55 AM
    I am wondering if somebody can help me with my issue. I am new to all these root, backup, flash ROM thing. I rooted my Optimus V using Gingerbreak (after many tries thought) and then followed the instruction here. My phone randomly reboot itself from time to time. At first, I though it might because that I did not format everything except the MicroSD card. So I re-did everything again, strictly as suggested. It seems that the situation improved for the first couple of days. But yesterday and today the rebooting issue is getting worse.

What could be the causes? What should I do to solve this problem? Or should I just try another ROM? If so, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    09-02-2011 12:51 PM
    overclocking too high can cause reboots.
    if you've set an overclock, try turning it down a notch.
    sometimes bad sd cards can do it too.
    09-02-2011 01:28 PM
    Amazing ROM!
    09-02-2011 05:34 PM
    Eagerly awaiting new harmonia iho build! Is it in the works? First build was nice but it seems like it could be trimmed down a bit more.
    09-07-2011 06:18 PM
    I'm using link2sd on Harmonia 1.5E
    Me too. Its a good solution for now.

Sent from my VM670
    09-07-2011 06:53 PM
    Is there a specific thread for Harmonia 2.0? I've searched on my Android via Tapatalk and can't find it.

Sent from my iPod touch
    09-07-2011 08:37 PM
    Eagerly awaiting new harmonia iho build! Is it in the works? First build was nice but it seems like it could be trimmed down a bit more.
    It can be slimmed down more, that was just a first run.

The problem is that I rebuilt my server and therefor my build box. During the downtime, kernel.org was hacked and have shut everything down while they secure everything, which makes it impossible to build a rom now unless you already have it set up.

Once they get back online I will be cranking out another Harmonia 2 IHO.

Is there a specific thread for Harmonia 2.0? I've searched on my Android via Tapatalk and can't find it.
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Oh, and I found the issue with 1.5E storage, I just have to get it in a working rom. Probably by this weekend I will have it all fixed.
    Ticojpunk likes this.
    09-08-2011 12:59 AM
    It can be slimmed down more, that was just a first run.

The problem is that I rebuilt my server and therefor my build box. During the downtime, kernel.org was hacked and have shut everything down while they secure everything, which makes it impossible to build a rom now unless you already have it set up.

Once they get back online I will be cranking out another Harmonia 2 IHO.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Oh, and I found the issue with 1.5E storage, I just have to get it in a working rom. Probably by this weekend I will have it all fixed.
    Lots o' good news there! Looking forward to 1.5 with full storage. Also to 2.0. I'm a big fan of your approach to ROMs.

Sent from my VM670
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    09-08-2011 07:57 PM
    LeslieAnn, thanks again for another amazing ROM. I have been with you since Aphrodite 1.x, and am currently using your latest Harmonia release and I love it! With your ROMs I've never had a problem (that wasn't caused by myself, lol) and couldn't be happier. While I occasionally experiment with other ROMs on my secondary device, my primary device has been running nothing but your ROMs since I first fell in love with Aphrodite. I agree with you completely, this is how Virgin SHOULD have released this phone!!
    Ticojpunk likes this.
    09-09-2011 06:10 PM
    Thanks,
    There have been issues, but I try and keep it to a minimum and pull them once we know, so most never see them. Glad you like it though.

I hope to have the corrected 1.5 up this weekend.
    09-10-2011 02:04 AM
    Thanks,
    There have been issues, but I try and keep it to a minimum and pull them once we know, so most never see them. Glad you like it though.

I hope to have the corrected 1.5 up this weekend.
    Any ETA for an "official" 2.0? I wont hold ya to it.

Sent from my VM670
    09-10-2011 07:54 AM
    kernel.org is holding me up, but I found a prior install, so I may be able to get going again.
    09-10-2011 08:41 AM
    kernel.org is holding me up, but I found a prior install, so I may be able to get going again.
    had you seen this post of JerryScript's?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post1222678
    it worked to get my codeaurora repo back when I substituted in the right branch and manifest tags..
    didn't try it for stock aosp repo, or cm, but it might work for you.
    09-10-2011 11:24 AM
1,892 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD