10-31-2015 01:11 PM
1,892 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    Thanks,
    There have been issues, but I try and keep it to a minimum and pull them once we know, so most never see them. Glad you like it though.

I hope to have the corrected 1.5 up this weekend.
    Corrected? I don't see what's wrong with it right now
    09-10-2011 11:47 AM
    Corrected? I don't see what's wrong with it right now
    There is approximately 30MB of user storage missing when the ROM is flashed. Other than that, yes, its perfect IMO. But with a phone with as little storage as the OV, that 30MB matters.
    09-10-2011 12:47 PM
    had you seen this post of JerryScript's?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post1222678
    it worked to get my codeaurora repo back when I substituted in the right branch and manifest tags..
    didn't try it for stock aosp repo, or cm, but it might work for you.
    I'm still learning what a lot of this stuff is and does. I need to comprehend it a little better before I start messing with things like that.

I forgot that the first build box I did was an older Sony notebook I had laying around. I completely forgot that this box still had a working dev system. It has what I need and I have it copying over right now. Once I get it all up to date and such, I'm making a backup of all of it so I don't get stuck like this again.
    09-10-2011 04:18 PM
    I hope to have the corrected 1.5 up this weekend.
    I may have to hold off on my project if 1.5 will be updated this weekend. lol I'm currently using your ROM as the basis of a custom creation with my own apps added, new wallpapers, etc but still the Harmonia boot screen and kernel, but I was going to use 1.3 since it has more space, at least for now.
    09-11-2011 01:11 AM
    I've been looking all over this ROM but can't find where the default wallpaper is stored...I'll continue looking but hopefully someone can give me an idea of where to look
    09-11-2011 05:42 PM
    It's built into the framework apk.
    If you look at post #2 you can download a new copy to place on the sdcard as well as several color variations of it.
    09-11-2011 06:10 PM
    oohh so there's not really an easy way to change the default wallpaper without editing the framework apk?
    09-11-2011 07:04 PM
    Nope
    09-11-2011 07:32 PM
    hows the rom coming Leslie? ive been hoping all day long id have something to look forward to when i get off work at 11 ^_^
    09-11-2011 07:39 PM
    hows the rom coming Leslie? ive been hoping all day long id have something to look forward to when i get off work at 11 ^_^
    +1. All backed up and ready to go!

Sent via VM670
    09-11-2011 07:55 PM
    I've started backing up my phone so I can do testing.
    If all goes well, it will be up later tonight.
    jsngonz and Ticojpunk like this.
    09-11-2011 08:14 PM
    Sweet.

Sent via VM670
    09-11-2011 08:23 PM
    Sounds good!

I found out editing the framework.apk wasn't as hard as I thought...at least with the help of this: Apk Manager 4.9 - Makes Modifying Ur Apk A Breeze (Windows/Linux) - xda-developers I was able to simply replace the default wallpaper with my own and it worked! (all my custom apps showed up as well).

Now I just gotta figure out why the boot animation was still the default Harmonia one instead of the one I copied out of bumblebee's ROM (once I know how that works I can try my hand at making my own)

But I look forward to the fixed 1.5
    09-11-2011 08:41 PM
    Sounds good!

I found out editing the framework.apk wasn't as hard as I thought...at least with the help of this: Apk Manager 4.9 - Makes Modifying Ur Apk A Breeze (Windows/Linux) - xda-developers I was able to simply replace the default wallpaper with my own and it worked! (all my custom apps showed up as well).

Now I just gotta figure out why the boot animation was still the default Harmonia one instead of the one I copied out of bumblebee's ROM (once I know how that works I can try my hand at making my own)

But I look forward to the fixed 1.5
    You're inspiring me to start mess around with my own tweaks. I'm definitely going to look into this. Are you essentially modifying Harmonia and making your "own" version of the ROM to flash? Or are you flashing Harmonia and then modifying certain elements?
    09-11-2011 08:43 PM
    is this an update for this rom or the gingerbread one?
    09-11-2011 09:00 PM
    is this an update for this rom or the gingerbread one?
    I believe this should be 1.5 with the missing storage bug fixed.

Sent via VM670
    09-11-2011 09:18 PM
    you just made my night ^_^
    09-11-2011 09:29 PM
    Yes, it will be for this one.

Be careful with the APK's, the problem may not show up right away. It can just be random crashes, failure to boot, or apk's not installing later. This is why the new market is hinky in terms of getting it to work or not. The problem becomes even more pronounces when modifying the rom zip. Sometimes it will not flash with the rom. If you remember, Bumblebee had to be installed in two parts for a while, this was why, the file signing had to match between files. And now, with the increased Market security (more coming for others), you risk breaking more and more. This is why I started on GB, we don't have this problem since we can build from source.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from messing with it, just pointing out the realities of working with Froyo and the power button mod (and TWS fix), as this is where we broke the signing. It wasn't such an issue until the new market came out.
    09-11-2011 09:37 PM
    i kinda prefer the old market anyways...
    09-11-2011 11:23 PM
    Harmonia 1.6 is here!

Harmonia 1.6
    Storage space verified working.
    1.3+ statusbars will work with this.

Updating:
    Those on 1.3 or 1.5 can probably wipe Dalvik and install over the old with no loss, but no guarantees, backup first!

Notes:
    Market is older market and will not update unless Google slackens security. I will see about adding the new one at some point, but for now it's just not liking it and my focus will be on Harmonia 2.
    briguyy, joshgee, jdcnosse and 1 others like this.
    09-11-2011 11:49 PM
    Leslie you rock! *runs off to install*
    09-12-2011 12:11 AM
    Harmonia 1.6 is here!

Harmonia 1.6
    Storage space verified working.
    1.3+ statusbars will work with this.

Updating:
    Those on 1.3 or 1.5 can probably wipe Dalvik and install over the old with no loss, but no guarantees, backup first!

Notes:
    Market is older market and will not update unless Google slackens security. I will see about adding the new one at some point, but for now it's just not liking it and my focus will be on Harmonia 2.
    Wow! and i just got done installing 1.3 for some reason it runs better than 1.5 but now that this is out im going to flash it!
    Thanks
    09-12-2011 12:11 AM
    tried flashing 1.6 over 1.3 and wifi and mobile hotspot not working so wiped everything and started fresh...same problem so i tried a different kernel one that works with the new black screen issue ( link can be found in stickies) and is working now..just FYI
    09-12-2011 01:07 AM
    You're inspiring me to start mess around with my own tweaks. I'm definitely going to look into this. Are you essentially modifying Harmonia and making your "own" version of the ROM to flash? Or are you flashing Harmonia and then modifying certain elements?
    The former actually. My goal is to have a modified Harmonia base that has all of my own apps that I always install on every ROM, sort of like a nandroid but a fresh start. I'd like to leave something as stock Harmonia or add it to my creation, to give respect and thanks to who did all the hard work lol
    09-12-2011 01:16 AM
    tried flashing 1.6 over 1.3 and wifi and mobile hotspot not working so wiped everything and started fresh...same problem so i tried a different kernel one that works with the new black screen issue ( link can be found in stickies) and is working now..just FYI
    Hmm, I will take a look.
    Switching this code has been a hassle.

Briguyy,
    The only reason it could possibly run better is something may have been left out, I'm not sure.
    09-12-2011 03:26 AM
1,892 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD