10-31-2015 02:11 PM
1,892 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    Leslie, I'm interested in trying out 2.0 beta. I know you've made it clear that its not done yet, but is there anything specific you've found to date that's not working properly or the way you'd like it to?

Sent via VM670
    09-15-2011 03:15 PM
    I wouldn't use ROM Manager for much of anything. Except to flash CWM Recovery (if you havent already).

Use MyBackup Root to backup your apps and their data. It's real intuitive, easy to use, and free. You can also use it to back up your call logs, texts, use dictionary, etc.

Do your backups. Reboot into recovery. Make a nandroid(backup from Backup and Restore menu). Then flash 1.6 (provided you currently have 1.5e installed. If not, do that first).

Sent from my iPod touch

Ticojpunk.... how did you upgrade from 1.5E to 1.6? did you wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik too and start from scratch rebuilding your home page and adding things and shortcuts back to the phone? thanks.
    09-15-2011 03:37 PM
    Ticojpunk.... how did you upgrade from 1.5E to 1.6? did you wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik too and start from scratch rebuilding your home page and adding things and shortcuts back to the phone? thanks.
    Yeah. I did factory reset and wiped cache and dalvik cache.

I did start from "scratch", always do... but...

I use Launcher Pro. And I also use Mybackup Root to Back up my apps and data. So basically, Launcher Pro gets backed up, along with its data (which includes my homescreen layout).

What you have to do is, first restore all your apps (except Launcher Pro), reboot after they are restored, then restore Launcher Pro. Then when you reboot, Launcher Pro will put everything where you had it. The only thing you'll have to manually add is your Widgets, but you'll see a placeholder in each place you had one.

It sounds long, but only takes a few minutes. I did it when I recently flashed BACKside. In a few minutes time I had BACKside set up exactly how I have Harmonia set up.

Definitely get Mybackup Root if you don't already have it. Its free, and works perfectly. Very intuitive too. I tried Titanium
    Backup for that, and I believe LeslieAnn said once it was a bit "geeky" for her taste. I agree with her. I still use Titanium to delete system apps when needed, but for app backup I think Mybackup rules.

Sent via VM670
    09-15-2011 03:54 PM
    Leslie, I'm interested in trying out 2.0 beta. I know you've made it clear that its not done yet, but is there anything specific you've found to date that's not working properly or the way you'd like it to?

Sent via VM670
    Gmail works, the normal email app does not.

Once I get caught up on sleep, and mental state I will get back on 1.6.
    I finally got the phone company straightened in the office I work at so things should mellow out.
    09-15-2011 07:45 PM
    Gmail works, the normal email app does not.

Once I get caught up on sleep, and mental state I will get back on 1.6.
    I finally got the phone company straightened in the office I work at so things should mellow out.
    I don't use the regular email anyway. Maybe I'll check it out. I played around with BACKside for a day and a half. Set it up the way I like it, nandroided, then went back to Harmonia 1.6 again for day to day stuff. Messing about in CM7 settings sure is fun though.

Sent via VM670
    09-15-2011 07:50 PM
    i installed it and for some reason my wifi keeps saying error when i try to turn it on...
    09-15-2011 08:42 PM
    i installed it and for some reason my wifi keeps saying error when i try to turn it on...
    What ROM did you have installed before flashing 1.6?

Some people were having problems going from anything but Harmonia 1.5e to 1.6.

I was running 1.5e, flashed 1.6, and everything works perfectly. Try flashing 1.5e, then flash 1.6 and see if it fixes your Wifi issues.
    09-15-2011 09:02 PM
    Upgraded earlier today from 1.3 to 1.6, and I've had no issues except for a random reboot while running lazydroid (but I since uninstalled it from lack of use). Factory reset/ wiped cache/wiped davlik cache. Have the old non-Optimus S screen. No issues so far. Awesome rom Leslie, thanks for all the hard work you've put into it.
    09-15-2011 11:56 PM
    I apologize in advance as I'm sure this has been covered but this thread is wayy too long and the search results aren't much help.

Is there a fix for the home and menu keys being swapped??

Other than that the rom seems sleek and fast, good work!
    09-16-2011 08:28 PM
    I apologize in advance as I'm sure this has been covered but this thread is wayy too long and the search results aren't much help.

I had the same problem, i used this Optimus_V_Key_Swap_signed.zip
    09-16-2011 08:33 PM

This ROM doesn't have that problem so something probably didn't install correctly.
    09-16-2011 08:46 PM
    Well, I'm back again and would REALLY appreciate some support.

I attempted to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 and after reboot was greeted with the blue fastboot screen. When I plug my phone in it says "STALL GET_DESCRIPTOR 128 6 1006 0 18
    Fastboot: Processing commands"

I'm at a loss on what to do next to get my phone working again. After spending the last three hours searching on here, androidforums, and google, I've found only vague information that doesn't seem to work and outdated links for software that supposedly fixes this. Judging by the lack of panic in the posts from those that have encountered this, I'm guessing its probably an easy fix and there's some good info on it somewhere.

Thanks in advance!
    09-16-2011 08:54 PM
    This ROM doesn't have that problem so something probably didn't install correctly.
    Well I did read that it's possibly due to discrepancies in older/newer versions of the phone. As far as I can tell everything installed just fine.
    09-16-2011 09:03 PM
    Either that or they're trying to flash this OV ROM to their OS.

Well, I'm back again and would REALLY appreciate some support.

I attempted to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 and after reboot was greeted with the blue fastboot screen. When I plug my phone in it says "STALL GET_DESCRIPTOR 128 6 1006 0 18
    Fastboot: Processing commands"

I'm at a loss on what to do next to get my phone working again. After spending the last three hours searching on here, androidforums, and google, I've found only vague information that doesn't seem to work and outdated links for software that supposedly fixes this. Judging by the lack of panic in the posts from those that have encountered this, I'm guessing its probably an easy fix and there's some good info on it somewhere.

Thanks in advance!
    I'd just try wiping everything, then installing 1.5E, then wiping everything but boot, and installing 1.6. We've narrowed the problem down to something with the booting process, and people have claimed this option works.
    09-17-2011 12:15 AM
    I'd just try wiping everything, then installing 1.5E, then wiping everything but boot, and installing 1.6. We've narrowed the problem down to something with the booting process, and people have claimed this option works.
    The problem is, I'm such an android noob that I don't know how to leave fastboot mode or wipe from this state and installing 1.5 again (Blue screen that says "fastboot mode started"). Is there something you have to do with abd command entries or am I completely off? If I could figure out how to get back to factory settings or the backup I made in clockworkmod, I'd be golden.
    09-17-2011 02:18 AM
    The problem is, I'm such an android noob that I don't know how to leave fastboot mode or wipe from this state and installing 1.5 again (Blue screen that says "fastboot mode started"). Is there something you have to do with abd command entries or am I completely off? If I could figure out how to get back to factory settings or the backup I made in clockworkmod, I'd be golden.
    Have you tried wiping from recovery? Just press and hold the home key, volume down key, and the power button until the LG logo appears. If you can get that far then you can just wipe and reflash a ROM.

However if you've borked your recovery, then you need to reflash a recovery through ADB. I'm not entirely sure how to do that but I know there's a thread on here that tells how to do it.
    Spiral_ouT#AC likes this.
    09-17-2011 02:44 AM
    Have you tried wiping from recovery? Just press and hold the home key, volume down key, and the power button until the LG logo appears. If you can get that far then you can just wipe and reflash a ROM.

However if you've borked your recovery, then you need to reflash a recovery through ADB. I'm not entirely sure how to do that but I know there's a thread on here that tells how to do it.
    Turns out all I had to do was pull my battery and then do the button combo to get into recovery. What an easy fix for all the hours I spent researching. Oh well, learned some useful info along the way.

Thanks for your support, jdcnosse!
    09-17-2011 03:09 AM
    Turns out all I had to do was pull my battery and then do the button combo to get into recovery. What an easy fix for all the hours I spent researching. Oh well, learned some useful info along the way.

Thanks for your support, jdcnosse!
    There's a thread on here that has all the different button combos and what they do (like how to boot into recovery, or like vol up and power pressed at the same time will reboot your device (similar to holding the power button down on a computer). I'd link to it but I'm on my phone lol but there is a reference guide in the sticky that should have it in it. I bookmarked that page right away since it's got links for everything! Roms, kernels, hacks etc

EDIT: Found the thread (now that I'm on my desktop)

The reference thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...t-started.html
    How to access different "modes" of the OV: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...on-combos.html
    09-17-2011 02:36 PM
    Harmonia is my first ROM, and I love it so much!
    09-17-2011 02:54 PM
    So what exactly is new in 1.6?
    Is the new market available yet?
    09-18-2011 01:10 AM
    1.6 is 1.5e with the full 176MB of user storage available. There was a bug in 1.5e limiting it to about 146MB. No other new features or anything.
    esploded likes this.
    09-18-2011 01:28 AM
    the new market probably won't ever be available, at least not on the froyo updates to Harmonia. LeslieAnn's explained earlier in the thread that all the mods they've done to the ROMs (like the power button mod and the TWS fix) and the fact that Google is upping their security is making it a lot harder for everything to co-exist. Like every time they change one file, they need to re-sign it, and when it gets updated, they have to re-sign it again, and huge things like the power button mod require re-signing many files, so it's possible that we'd have to wait for the GB version of Harmonia (if it's still called that) for the new market.

I personally like the old market, unless the old market doesn't have up to date apps. In which case, oh well I can live with it. lol
    09-18-2011 03:01 AM
    just installed harmonia 1.5e last night and its pretty epic. was gonna come here and ask if theres any reason to update to 1.6 and then i saw that the only difference is 1.6 has a little more storage which imnot worried about because of my 8gb micro sd card. oh one other question is there any good add on's or anything you guys recommend?
    09-18-2011 02:25 PM
    just installed harmonia 1.5e last night and its pretty epic. was gonna come here and ask if theres any reason to update to 1.6 and then i saw that the only difference is 1.6 has a little more storage which imnot worried about because of my 8gb micro sd card. oh one other question is there any good add on's or anything you guys recommend?
    -file manager. Doesn't matter which one, everyone has their preference (I've seen references to ES file manager, I like Root Explorer, etc etc)
    -backup app. TitaniumBackup and MyBackupRoot are the two I've heard of. I've tried TitaniumBackup, it allows you to back up your apps, and your data that go along with your apps.
    If you plan on messing around with your phone a lot I'd get a Terminal Emulator as well.

Other than that I think those are the only ones I'd recommend for everyone. My list after that varies depending on whatever you want to do with your phone.
    09-18-2011 04:10 PM
    I'm having trouble getting the LeslieDock theme to work. I feel like maybe a newer version of LauncherPro has come out since the OP was written?

I have the rar extracted as a directory in the root of my SD card. They appear in the Gallery. In LauncherPro settings, I go to Theme Settings and there's a Icon Pack setting that only has the option of "none." I can't see any other relevant option in the prefs.

Has LauncherPro removed the ability to install icons from directories?
    09-18-2011 06:16 PM
1,892 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD