10-31-2015 01:11 PM
1,892 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    Hey LeslieAnn, thanks for your work! I was on bumblebee, then IHO. Now I'm about ready to dip my feet in rolling my own (based on Hamonia 1.6) as a learning experience. Where do I find all the original source that you based your work on? I assume some of it is LG source, some of it is google source, some of it is from the stock rom. Also, could you put your modifications up somewhere? Finally could you post some build instructions (I have no experience in Android development but I'm comfortable with linux). Sorry if I missed this somewhere on page 1000 of this thread
    HAHAHA

Okay, let's go back to the beginning of the OV...
    Revolution Red took essentially a stock rom and imported Zefies Xionia kernel from the Optimus S (OS), this became Stock + Xionia. The mother of most OV Froyo roms. When Revolution Red went back to school he had to abandon the project. At the same time I had been playing with it and created a new version of it I named Aphrodite for personal use, by pulling it apart and stripping it more and adding a few tweaks. He gave his blessing to the project as he wanted to see it continue. I maintained it and built on top of that for a bit, some with other kernels, some with the stock kernel. Then we got the OV source code (a hassle in itself) and everything changed.

Picasticks, Obijohn and a few others built new kernels (from source), allowing us to revert back from the OS kernels we had been using and build a clean, OV only kernel. Picasticks and I teamed up, I made the boot logos, he made the boot,img, I then combined this with Aphrodite and removed most of what was left from Stock + Xionia to bring the code back to pure LG. This worked, but from testing, I found some of the OS parts were more efficient and some parts of the OV were more efficient. So I used each part that was best. I attribute this to why Harmonia is so good on battery life. You can still trace bits of Harmonia back to Stock + Xionia, not just the files (don't ask which ones, I lost track), but the very concept of it as well.

There is no source code to build from like CM. Harmonia is built by pulling a bit of this, a bit of that, all rolled into a system that just works (using Open Office Writer and Winrar!). It's a mutt, built with more determination than skill. To my knowledge, there is no Froyo rom for the OV built entirely from source, only the kernel.
    Ticojpunk and jdcnosse like this.
    09-23-2011 05:11 PM
    I still can't get my bootsound to play on startup. It worked fine when I had BACKside and other roms I've tried. Any ideas on how to fix it?
    09-23-2011 05:49 PM
    I'm not at home so I can't check, but I forget if there is a switch in the build.prop to turn it on or off.

I know on IHO you had to turn it on, and if I remember right, waaaaaaay way back on Stock + Xionia it was turned off somehow, that has probably carried forward ever since. I can look later tonight if no one has any answer for you by then. It has been 8 months or more since I last used one (except for Jerry's IHO self destruct that I immediately removed).
    09-23-2011 05:58 PM
    09-23-2011 06:20 PM
    Does Harmonia (or the picasticks kernel for that matter) support the secondary ext partition on the sd card? I've got it partitioned from the IHO Recovery...but Links2SD says that it's not mounted...
    09-23-2011 10:40 PM
    Does Harmonia (or the picasticks kernel for that matter) support the secondary ext partition on the sd card? I've got it partitioned from the IHO Recovery...but Links2SD says that it's not mounted...
    I had a hell of a time with Link2SD when I was using it with the rooted stock, and with Harmonia.

What I ended up doing was download MiniTool for the PC. Plug in the phone to the computer, and used that to resize the current partition, and make a 1GB FAT32 partition. Then when I started Link2SD I told it the extended partition was FAT32 and everything worked.

Never could really get the ext3 to take or work right.
    09-23-2011 10:58 PM
    I had a hell of a time with Link2SD when I was using it with the rooted stock, and with Harmonia.

What I ended up doing was download MiniTool for the PC. Plug in the phone to the computer, and used that to resize the current partition, and make a 1GB FAT32 partition. Then when I started Link2SD I told it the extended partition was FAT32 and everything worked.

Never could really get the ext3 to take or work right.
    sounds like I'll do that. Or use my ubuntu live usb to format it as FAT32
    09-24-2011 02:38 AM
    I had trouble upgrading to 1.6.

I was on 1.2. Upgraded to 1.5e and then to 1.6. I followed these directions from a previous post on this thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use MyBackup Root to backup your apps and their data. It's real intuitive, easy to use, and free. You can also use it to back up your call logs, texts, use dictionary, etc.

Do your backups. Reboot into recovery. Make a nandroid(backup from Backup and Restore menu). Then flash 1.6 (provided you currently have 1.5e installed. If not, do that first).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following those directions, I ended up with under 1MB of free space on the phone after restoring the apps. Something was wrong because I had around 40MB free prior to upgrading.I'm thinking there are missing steps above?

Since I couldn't mess things up any worse, I cleared the cache and the Dalvik cache in the recovery mode, re-installed the ROM, restored the apps - and still get the same result....no free memory left on the phone.

Is my only option to just re-install Harmonia 1.6 and then install the apps one-at-a-time?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't really understand this stuff, just try to follow someone else's previous successes.

edit:
    later, I wondered if Link2SD just didn't install all the apps on the SD card, like I had before. I tried that and that may have been the missing step.

Did I do this correctly?
    09-24-2011 07:22 AM
    I had trouble upgrading to 1.6.

I was on 1.2. Upgraded to 1.5e and then to 1.6. I followed these directions from a previous post on this thread:
    You can flash 1.6.1c without 1.5.

Flashing over old versions should be okay, but remember 1.5 had storage issues, so it's very possibly the cause. 1.6.1c seems to have all of the older issues fixed (finally).

Also, if you haven't done a fresh/clean install in a while, it may be worth doing.
    09-24-2011 05:00 PM
    Edit: Question removed. I'm trying a different rom, this one is no good for me
    09-24-2011 11:56 PM
    I can't exactly make it work for you if I don't know the issue.
    09-25-2011 01:47 AM
    For some reason every time I flash a 2.1 based rom I run into issues with my launcher fc-ing... whats going on with that?? Anyone have any suggestions besides launcher pro or ADW?
    09-25-2011 02:25 AM
    For some reason every time I flash a 2.1 based rom I run into issues with my launcher fc-ing... whats going on with that?? Anyone have any suggestions besides launcher pro or ADW?
    Be sure to wipe everything very well.
    09-25-2011 03:15 AM
    silly question here...i was looking thru the wiki page on the different roms and their updated builds. I have harmonia 1.5 and love it. I also have bobzhome (forgot the version) and i love it as well. upon looking at the new builds for each one, both advertise an FM radio. does harmoina have this as well in the 1.5 build? thanks
    09-25-2011 07:53 AM
    Neither have an FM radio, as the OV doesn't have FM radio hardware. Where did you see them list FM radio as a feature?
    09-25-2011 08:21 AM
    CM7.1 includes a FM Radio app and it in some of the IHO ROM but yes the OV does not have the hardware to support such an app for use.
    09-25-2011 11:54 AM
    lol...i feel like a dork :/ its under the "REMOVED" section

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary
    09-25-2011 05:48 PM
    I've been using the IHO ROM's exclusively since they've been available, but I've been itching to try this one, so I'm making the plunge tonight. Many thanks to you LeslieAnn for making this possible!

Edit: Up and running, love how it's so smooth and everything just works. Think I'll stay here for awhile.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    09-26-2011 08:35 PM
    I've been using the IHO ROM's exclusively since they've been available, but I've been itching to try this one, so I'm making the plunge tonight. Many thanks to you LeslieAnn for making this possible!

Edit: Up and running, love how it's so smooth and everything just works. Think I'll stay here for awhile.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Harmonia definitely feels like home to me. Sometimes I get the itch for some adventure, then I toy around with IHO for a day or two. But I always come back.
    jdcnosse likes this.
    09-26-2011 10:26 PM
    I've toyed around with Backside, MIUIHO, and Harmonia 2.0b (based on IHO). The only one I could see myself sticking with would be Harmonia 2.0.

Right now I've got my custom "build" of 1.6.1c and I love it
    09-26-2011 10:45 PM
    I've toyed around with Backside, MIUIHO, and Harmonia 2.0b (based on IHO). The only one I could see myself sticking with would be Harmonia 2.0.

Right now I've got my custom "build" of 1.6.1c and I love it
    Do you find Harmonia 2.0b just as useable as any of the other current IHO ROMs, are does it look/feel/function roughly in some way due to it's "betaness"?

I'm sure LeslieAnn wouldn't mind adding what she feels is missing or what's on her short list of things to do to bring it to a non-beta status.

Sent via VM670
    09-27-2011 02:13 PM
    Do you find Harmonia 2.0b just as useable as any of the other current IHO ROMs, are does it look/feel/function roughly in some way due to it's "betaness"?

I'm sure LeslieAnn wouldn't mind adding what she feels is missing or what's on her short list of things to do to bring it to a non-beta status.

Sent via VM670
    It needs a bit more tweaking, as there is a bit more that can be removed otherwise it was pretty good. Certain parts I want improved are a matter of how IHO is, but I plan to experiment a bit and see if I can improve it more (like battery life). I have some ideas so we will see.

Unfortunately, the biggest holdup is kernel.org
    I know others are building from various repositories but I gave up due to frustration, the system simply won't build no matter how many guides and tips I follow.

Until I can get a build box running again, the only way I can build Harmonia 2 is to build off someone else's rom, which I would prefer not to do, but I may resort to it soon. I have a nice stable rom I am using personally at the moment, I would just need to weak it. Maybe sometime this week I will, just so people can get on it.

The other issue is IHO itself, it essentially is beta. I can call Harmonia 2.0 a non-beta if I am happy with it, and few would have issues though. Which is probably what it will come down to.
    Ticojpunk likes this.
    09-27-2011 04:26 PM
    Is anyone elses using data2ext with harmonia? If so have you been able to get it to work on anything beyond harmonia 1.3.1?

I'm using the modified data2ext that takenover83 posted a while back and while it works on harmonia 1.3.1 as well as bumblebee 2.4 and the few iho builds (to include harmonia 2.0b), it locks on the splash screen on any Harmonia build past 1.3.1 that I've tried during the first reboot after enabling data2ext.

Thanks for any help any can give.
    09-27-2011 04:49 PM
    It needs a bit more tweaking, as there is a bit more that can be removed otherwise it was pretty good. Certain parts I want improved are a matter of how IHO is, but I plan to experiment a bit and see if I can improve it more (like battery life). I have some ideas so we will see.
    Thanks again for taking the time to explain stuff. Is it recommended to flash gapps along with 2.0b?

The one time I tried 2.0b (admittedly, briefly), the Google account setup thing ran twice, even though I did it the same as when I installed BACKside. So I assumed something was up with that. Though I did NOT flash gapps along with Harmonia 2 that time. I just flashed the Harmonia 2.0b zip.
    09-27-2011 09:09 PM
    I didn't have to do it twice, I think that happened when people flashed Gapps, which it didn't need.

The only real issues are so so battery, and the email apk was bad, gmail worked fine though. Otherwise it ran/runs well.
    09-28-2011 02:47 AM
1,892 ... 4445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD