10-31-2015 01:11 PM
1,892 ... 4748495051 ...
tools
    Make a nandroid backup then without wiping re-install, you shouldn't lose anything, but should fix it.
    Thanks, that worked....wait a minute.... it worked once, but then trying it again brings the same results. Just an instant reboot, no asking if I want to go into airplane mode, reboot, recovery, etc. After trying a couple times, I can now get the power button problem solved consistently by re-installing the ROM, but after that I get the following issues:

I did a backup with Titanium Backup prior to the nandroid backup and re-installing the ROM. But, Titanium Backup was installed on the SD card, so it's not there after I re-installed the ROM. I went to the market using the internet/web browser - in an attempt to re-install Titanium backup, but the market thinks it's installed and wont' let me install it again. I also used the market on the phone, and it doesn't download it. It looks like it's starting to download Titanium backup, but it stops right away and it never gets installed. I've had this trouble with the Market before. Can't figure out what the problem is making Titanium Backup not get downloaded/installed. I tried downloading a couple different apps to see if it may have just been trouble with Titanium Backup, but they won't download/install either. I get the same result.

If I go restore the nandroid backup and get back to where I was before (power button not working, all my apps back, etc) and install an app off of the market, it works fine.

I'm beginning to be sorry I ever bought an Android phone.
    10-04-2011 10:19 PM
    For kicks, I charged my OV to 100% before bed last night. I took it off the charger, and set it down for the night. Had Wifi on, and signal bars were about 4/6. In the morning, I looked, and was running 9 hours, 27 minutes and I lost 2% battery. Yes, I was at 98%. I could hardly believe it. Harmonia pretty much rules.
    Unfortunately, that is a false reading, the phone hardware itself needs about 1.5 percent per hour just to remain on. Harmonia can do just about that, but 2% for 7 hours, no way. Charge up fully, when full let it remain on the charger for a few more hours, then while still connected go into recovery and wipe the battery stats.

Expect 1.5 to 2% per hour drain. That still equates to 2 full days, plus.
    Best I got while using was 44 hours. Still plenty.

Thanks, that worked....wait a minute.... it worked once, but then trying it again brings the same results. Just an instant reboot, no asking if I want to go into airplane mode, reboot, recovery, etc. After trying a couple times, I can now get the power button problem solved consistently by re-installing the ROM, but after that I get the following issues:

I did a backup with Titanium Backup prior to the nandroid backup and re-installing the ROM. But, Titanium Backup was installed on the SD card, so it's not there after I re-installed the ROM. I went to the market using the internet/web browser - in an attempt to re-install Titanium backup, but the market thinks it's installed and wont' let me install it again. I also used the market on the phone, and it doesn't download it. It looks like it's starting to download Titanium backup, but it stops right away and it never gets installed. I've had this trouble with the Market before. Can't figure out what the problem is making Titanium Backup not get downloaded/installed. I tried downloading a couple different apps to see if it may have just been trouble with Titanium Backup, but they won't download/install either. I get the same result.

If I go restore the nandroid backup and get back to where I was before (power button not working, all my apps back, etc) and install an app off of the market, it works fine.

I'm beginning to be sorry I ever bought an Android phone.
    Titanium backup is probably the problem, it is/has probably replacing a needed setting.
    The download issue is a market bug, it will be fixed shortly, probably already.

Don't let it get to you, once you get it figured out, all will be well.

One bit of advice, look into MyBackup, either root or pro. It is much less complex than Titanium Backup. Titanium is great if you are really geeky at Android, but most of it;s functions you will never use and you can easily backup and restore things you are unaware of because it isn't always clear.

I had a similar problem as you and found I was restoring a bad setting. I switched and haven't had a problem since. You hear a lot about Titanium Backup, people praising it, and also it causing a lot of issues. It's a wonderful program, but it's very easy to get into trouble with it as well.
    10-05-2011 05:03 AM
    Can MyBackup root put the apps where it found them (on the SD Card) like Titanium can? I searched the web and looked at the options and nothing jumped out at me for that ability. I need that ability since all the apps I have won't fit on the phone.

Now another thing, after I re-installed the ROM, I tried to download Titanium backup from the Market, but the phone complained that the Market app wasn't installed on my phone. Boy, it's one thing after another. The market on the web won't let me install it because it thinks it's already installed. I may just have to live with the lack of options when long-pressing the power button.
    10-05-2011 06:20 AM
    Nope - still can't get anything downloaded from the Market with my phone. I re-installed Harmonia and now can use the Market again, but I'm back to the no-download of the apps from the Market. I've tried it both immediately after booting after re-installing the ROM, and after re-activating the phone. Same result.

So, I can't even start with a fresh-ROM install and then re-install all my apps again (which I really don't want to do again, anyway)

It has to be something with the ROM, doesn't it? After I restore the nandroid backup, I can download/install apps from the Market.

Would I have to try installing the ROM again, but wiping the cache?
    10-05-2011 06:42 AM
    Unfortunately, that is a false reading, the phone hardware itself needs about 1.5 percent per hour just to remain on. Harmonia can do just about that, but 2% for 7 hours, no way. Charge up fully, when full let it remain on the charger for a few more hours, then while still connected go into recovery and wipe the battery stats.

Darn. Lol. I'll definitely do as you suggest and wipe the battery stats and try it again. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent via VM670
    10-05-2011 12:14 PM
    tico- were you in airplane mode? afaik, the radios are the powersuckers. I've gotten over a week of light use on under 30% battery discharge in airplane mode while I couldn't afford to pay vm for service
    and, that wasn't even an optimized rom like harmonia, it was aospCmod!
    10-05-2011 01:26 PM
    tico- were you in airplane mode? afaik, the radios are the powersuckers. I've gotten over a week of light use on under 30% battery discharge in airplane mode while I couldn't afford to pay vm for service
    and, that wasn't even an optimized rom like harmonia, it was aospCmod!
    Nope. Wifi active all night. Wifi set to never sleep. Maybe a glitch. I'm going to try to wipe battery stats tonight and do an overnight test again to see what it gives me.
    10-05-2011 03:45 PM
    Nope - still can't get anything downloaded from the Market with my phone. I re-installed Harmonia and now can use the Market again, but I'm back to the no-download of the apps from the Market. I've tried it both immediately after booting after re-installing the ROM, and after re-activating the phone. Same result.

So, I can't even start with a fresh-ROM install and then re-install all my apps again (which I really don't want to do again, anyway)

It has to be something with the ROM, doesn't it? After I restore the nandroid backup, I can download/install apps from the Market.

Would I have to try installing the ROM again, but wiping the cache?
    Wipe as much as you can in recovery and try it. Something seems odd.
    You could also try Bumblebee and see what happens.
    10-05-2011 03:59 PM
    Wipe as much as you can in recovery and try it. Something seems odd.
    You could also try Bumblebee and see what happens.
    I really have problems now. I did a factory reset, wiped the cache partition, re-installed Harmonia 1.6c and now am in a recovery boot loop. I chose the option to fix the recovery boot loop and it doesn't change anything. I keep booting into recovery mode.
    Then, I tried restoring the nandroid backup I had from yesterday...it got me back to an operating phone, but still without the working power button.
    10-05-2011 10:25 PM
    i dont understand how people get like over a day of use.. are you people just not using your phones or what? lol
    10-05-2011 10:34 PM
    can I safely do an "LG-Style Factory Wipe" from the recovery mode?
    I saw where it's not recommended to do a factory wipe when the phone is booted up as normal.
    10-05-2011 11:42 PM

I've been running IHO CM7.1 for a while now (Latest is Mrg666's 0930 build). I often can leave just cell signal on all night (Data, BT, GPS, Wifi off) and it would drain 2-3%. So that's less than 1%/hr idling. I believe the OV is capable of very low drain while idling, but you'd have to make darn sure there are no apps that keeps a 'wakelock' that prevents it from going into deep sleep mode.

Currently I'm going to try to beat my last record of 7 days off the charger. So far it's 3 days, and I'm at 83% left. I have everything off & toggle on when I need them (3G data/wifi/BT/GPS). Airplane mode mostly when sleeping & at the office. Occasional short call, SMS, or check email through browser during the other times. Using 122-480 Mhz InteractiveX governor. Animations, vibration, beeps, ticks, all off (except ringtone & notification).

I do notice the battery indicator is not always linear. Around 50%, the slope is a bit steeper than at the top or at the bottom. And sometimes it gets stuck at a percentage for a while, then same usage pattern drops it 2% or more as if it was "catching up". Probably explains why most stock battery indicators don't use 1% increments, just a limitation of battery stats.
    10-06-2011 12:30 AM
    after much futzing with the phone, I think it's back to where I'd like it. Running Harmonia 1.6c, all my apps are there (152 all together in the app drawer - but I'll have to weed some of them out), there is 85MB free on the phone and the power button works.
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    10-06-2011 01:39 AM
    I've been running IHO CM7.1 for a while now (Latest is Mrg666's 0930 build). I often can leave just cell signal on all night (Data, BT, GPS, Wifi off) and it would drain 2-3%. So that's less than 1%/hr idling. I believe the OV is capable of very low drain while idling, but you'd have to make darn sure there are no apps that keeps a 'wakelock' that prevents it from going into deep sleep mode.
    When I say 1.5 to 2% that means 3g or wifi, basically a fully working phone.

Other than the screen, Wifi is the biggest battery sucker, followed by 3g.
    10-06-2011 01:43 AM
    After using the phone for a little while, the power button again stopped working like it's supposed to. It is back to not giving any options after long-pressing the power - just a power down.
    10-06-2011 03:10 AM
    When I say 1.5 to 2% that means 3g or wifi, basically a fully working phone.

Other than the screen, Wifi is the biggest battery sucker, followed by 3g.
    So I did as you suggested. Charged to 100%, left it on power for a couple hours, then went into recovery and wiped battery stats.

This morning, after over 9 hours idling with Wifi on, I still had 98% left. What's going on here?

Screenshot below. Percentage indicated by Quicker icon in left side of notification bar.

http://db.tt/XT8C31y9

Sent via VM670
    10-06-2011 07:22 AM
    After using the phone for a little while, the power button again stopped working like it's supposed to. It is back to not giving any options after long-pressing the power - just a power down.
    I started from scratch again. And again, it appears to be working for now.
    10-06-2011 10:06 AM
    So in an hour and 22 minutes I managed to use 6% battery! Alls I was doing was texting a friend but I wasnt just like leaving the screen on. 3g is still on. I'd wipe the battery stats but I hear thats bad to do, unless someone can tell me otherwise...

Heres a pic:

downloading Google maps from 3g took 2%.. so sad lol
    10-06-2011 10:52 AM
    You should only wipe battery stats after charging your phone to 100%
    10-06-2011 02:08 PM
    You should only wipe battery stats after charging your phone to 100%
    If that was for me... that's what I did.
    10-06-2011 02:40 PM
    So I did as you suggested. Charged to 100%, left it on power for a couple hours, then went into recovery and wiped battery stats.

This morning, after over 9 hours idling with Wifi on, I still had 98% left. What's going on here?

Screenshot below. Percentage indicated by Quicker icon in left side of notification bar.

Click to view quoted image

http://db.tt/XT8C31y9

Sent via VM670
    Watch it for longer.
    10-06-2011 04:07 PM
    so when i was trying to drain the battery from 100% my phone rebooted twice. is that gonna be a problem? should i redo the whole process of wiping my batt stats?
    10-06-2011 06:06 PM
    I found out what is making my power button stop working (long press power button goes to a reboot, without asking if I want to reboot, recover, airplane mode, power off).....

I re-installed everything on my phone and used it all day. It worked great (testing the power button many times today)....until I installed the black notification bar .zip file that I downloaded from the first page of this thread. It's the "Harmonia 1.3 black with large percent statusbar.zip" file. Immediately after installing that, the power button stopped working.

Is there a new black statusbar .zip I need to use instead?
    10-06-2011 07:20 PM
    I have the black statusbar installed and my button options are all there.
    10-06-2011 07:48 PM
    I have the black statusbar installed and my button options are all there.
    I'm glad it works for you, yet as soon as I installed the black status bar, it messed up my phone.

When I was on Harmonia 1.3, the black statusbar did not cause any trouble for me, either. As soon as I upgraded to 1.6c, it caused problems. Thinking back on the last few days, it wasn't until I installed the black status bar every time that caused the problem.

Can I back out of the statusbar change? Or, would I need to re-install everything again?
    10-06-2011 08:19 PM
1,892 ... 4748495051 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD