[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.5E (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 10AUG11 Edify FIxe

It's built into the framework apk.
If you look at post #2 you can download a new copy to place on the sdcard as well as several color variations of it.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

oohh so there's not really an easy way to change the default wallpaper without editing the framework apk?

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Sounds good!

I found out editing the framework.apk wasn't as hard as I thought...at least with the help of this: Apk Manager 4.9 - Makes Modifying Ur Apk A Breeze (Windows/Linux) - xda-developers I was able to simply replace the default wallpaper with my own and it worked! (all my custom apps showed up as well).

Now I just gotta figure out why the boot animation was still the default Harmonia one instead of the one I copied out of bumblebee's ROM (once I know how that works I can try my hand at making my own)

But I look forward to the fixed 1.5 :)

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Sounds good!

I found out editing the framework.apk wasn't as hard as I thought...at least with the help of this: Apk Manager 4.9 - Makes Modifying Ur Apk A Breeze (Windows/Linux) - xda-developers I was able to simply replace the default wallpaper with my own and it worked! (all my custom apps showed up as well).

Now I just gotta figure out why the boot animation was still the default Harmonia one instead of the one I copied out of bumblebee's ROM (once I know how that works I can try my hand at making my own)

But I look forward to the fixed 1.5 :)

You're inspiring me to start mess around with my own tweaks. I'm definitely going to look into this. Are you essentially modifying Harmonia and making your "own" version of the ROM to flash? Or are you flashing Harmonia and then modifying certain elements?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Yes, it will be for this one.

Be careful with the APK's, the problem may not show up right away. It can just be random crashes, failure to boot, or apk's not installing later. This is why the new market is hinky in terms of getting it to work or not. The problem becomes even more pronounces when modifying the rom zip. Sometimes it will not flash with the rom. If you remember, Bumblebee had to be installed in two parts for a while, this was why, the file signing had to match between files. And now, with the increased Market security (more coming for others), you risk breaking more and more. This is why I started on GB, we don't have this problem since we can build from source.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from messing with it, just pointing out the realities of working with Froyo and the power button mod (and TWS fix), as this is where we broke the signing. It wasn't such an issue until the new market came out.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Harmonia 1.6 is here!

Harmonia 1.6
Storage space verified working.
1.3+ statusbars will work with this.

Updating:
Those on 1.3 or 1.5 can probably wipe Dalvik and install over the old with no loss, but no guarantees, backup first!

Notes:
Market is older market and will not update unless Google slackens security. I will see about adding the new one at some point, but for now it's just not liking it and my focus will be on Harmonia 2.

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

Harmonia 1.6 is here!

Harmonia 1.6
Storage space verified working.
1.3+ statusbars will work with this.

Updating:
Those on 1.3 or 1.5 can probably wipe Dalvik and install over the old with no loss, but no guarantees, backup first!

Notes:
Market is older market and will not update unless Google slackens security. I will see about adding the new one at some point, but for now it's just not liking it and my focus will be on Harmonia 2.

Wow! and i just got done installing 1.3 for some reason it runs better than 1.5 but now that this is out im going to flash it!
Thanks

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 11Sept11 Storage Fi

tried flashing 1.6 over 1.3 and wifi and mobile hotspot not working so wiped everything and started fresh...same problem so i tried a different kernel one that works with the new black screen issue ( link can be found in stickies) and is working now..just FYI

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

You're inspiring me to start mess around with my own tweaks. I'm definitely going to look into this. Are you essentially modifying Harmonia and making your "own" version of the ROM to flash? Or are you flashing Harmonia and then modifying certain elements?

The former actually. My goal is to have a modified Harmonia base that has all of my own apps that I always install on every ROM, sort of like a nandroid but a fresh start. I'd like to leave something as stock Harmonia or add it to my creation, to give respect and thanks to who did all the hard work lol

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 11Sept11 Storage Fi

tried flashing 1.6 over 1.3 and wifi and mobile hotspot not working so wiped everything and started fresh...same problem so i tried a different kernel one that works with the new black screen issue ( link can be found in stickies) and is working now..just FYI

Hmm, I will take a look.
Switching this code has been a hassle.

Briguyy,
The only reason it could possibly run better is something may have been left out, I'm not sure.