10-31-2015 01:11 PM
1,892 ... 4849505152 ...
tools
    I found out what is making my power button stop working (long press power button goes to a reboot, without asking if I want to reboot, recover, airplane mode, power off).....

I re-installed everything on my phone and used it all day. It worked great (testing the power button many times today)....until I installed the black notification bar .zip file that I downloaded from the first page of this thread. It's the "Harmonia 1.3 black with large percent statusbar.zip" file. Immediately after installing that, the power button stopped working.

Is there a new black statusbar .zip I need to use instead?
    The 1.3 is the wrong one, you need the 1.3+
    10-06-2011 09:39 PM
    I'm glad it works for you, yet as soon as I installed the black status bar, it messed up my phone.

When I was on Harmonia 1.3, the black statusbar did not cause any trouble for me, either. As soon as I upgraded to 1.6c, it caused problems. Thinking back on the last few days, it wasn't until I installed the black status bar every time that caused the problem.

Can I back out of the statusbar change? Or, would I need to re-install everything again?
    Just pointing out that there isn't anything inherently wrong with the black status bar, or with 1.6.1c. Because I'm using both and haven't had your problems. I've also flashed the black status bars with 1.5c and 1.6 with no problems for what it's worth.

There's obviously something else going on.

Which recovery are you using? Also, did you make sure you flashed the newer 1.3+ bars? I only asked because I mistakenly downloaded the older ones (lower links) a week or two ago and had trouble flashing them until I realized what I did. Just trying to make some suggestions that may or may not help you out.

Edit: LeslieAnn beat me to it (one post up). Much less wordy too.
    10-06-2011 09:39 PM
    did u check that your using the new status bars?
    I was on Harmonia and accidentally used one of the older ones & it caused problems.
    I still use picasticks, and I am wondering what issues are supposed to exist as it states it's for Froyo, I have no problems, bt,wifi,gps,mms works.
    btw if anyone's interested the camera from the newest backside has no frame at all
    and a better options layout, Iwill add itto my4shared collection &search through more apps
    10-06-2011 09:40 PM
    It took a while to figure out what was causing the power button problem.
    I'm going to start from scratch tonight and see if it'll work with the newer status bar .zip.
    I appreciate the help. Didn't even think that there would have to be an updated status bar with an updated ROM.
    10-06-2011 10:09 PM
    I got into recovery to clear the cache and reset to factory. But after that, I'm having trouble again getting into recovery (Xionia). When I press home, down and power (and hold it til the LG shows up on the display), the warning "Android system recovery ... Do not pull the battery" comes up, a few more lines come up quickly - I think "Factory Reset" and then "Rebooting", but then it tries to boot the phone, not go into recovery mode. During bootup then, at some point during the green Harmonia text with white moving across the text, it freezes.

I'm getting the "Android System Recovery" message in yellowish letters, not the Xionia recovery that is in blueish letters.

That's all that happens. HELP!! Is my phone bricked?
    I did a nandroid backup a few days ago and assume it's still on the phone or SD card (not sure where it gets saved).

Whether I try the recovery mode startup (power, volume down and home buttons) or emergency mode (power, volume down and back buttons), I get the same boot results - "Android System Recovery" in yellowish letters, then the Harmonia/Picasticks/Aphrodite boot screen that ends up looping, then getting stuck.

Would the instructions HERE help me? I hope this can be recovered.
    10-06-2011 10:28 PM
    1st off THANK YOU!!! If for nothing else but the HUGE increase of internal storage this is fantastic!

First a little background.
    I installed the latest Picasticks kernel onto stock rom which made my Optimus V overclocked to 748mhz, then I found this and I installed it easier then heck with Rom manager! Only thing is its still only 748mhz, yet you said in the post about Harmonia that it wasn't natively overclocked, but that we CAN overclock it with a program to 864mhz.

So I have 2 questions,

1: My phone will not go higher then 748mhz, if it does it reboots every time, so how do I make it overclockable all the way?

2: I read everywhere that the best overclock speed for the V is 825mhz, is it SAFE to go to 864mhz? and/or is it worth it?

If you could answer those 2 questions I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks again!
    10-06-2011 11:45 PM
    Can someone help me out on post 1230 - I really can't be w/o my phone for the day (or longer)
    10-07-2011 05:51 AM
    I got into recovery to clear the cache and reset to factory. But after that, I'm having trouble again getting into recovery (Xionia). When I press home, down and power (and hold it til the LG shows up on the display), the warning "Android system recovery ... Do not pull the battery" comes up, a few more lines come up quickly - I think "Factory Reset" and then "Rebooting", but then it tries to boot the phone, not go into recovery mode. During bootup then, at some point during the green Harmonia text with white moving across the text, it freezes.

I'm getting the "Android System Recovery" message in yellowish letters, not the Xionia recovery that is in blueish letters.

That's all that happens. HELP!! Is my phone bricked?
    I did a nandroid backup a few days ago and assume it's still on the phone or SD card (not sure where it gets saved).

Whether I try the recovery mode startup (power, volume down and home buttons) or emergency mode (power, volume down and back buttons), I get the same boot results - "Android System Recovery" in yellowish letters, then the Harmonia/Picasticks/Aphrodite boot screen that ends up looping, then getting stuck.

Would the instructions HERE help me? I hope this can be recovered.
    Did you use the factory reset option in the advanced menu of the xionia recovery? If so, you weren't supposed to do that.
    10-07-2011 07:00 AM
    Did you use the factory reset option in the advanced menu of the xionia recovery? If so, you weren't supposed to do that.
    I'm 99% sure I did the LG-type reset, which I've done that before w/o any problems. I did NOT do the reset from the menu in the phone under normal operation. I did the reset from the Xionia recovery mode.

Is there a solution for getting the state my phone is in back to operational?
    10-07-2011 07:25 AM
    You should flash the recovery via adb
    . Your nandroid is on the microsd of course because the phone is written over when flashing it.
    just put the recovery somewhere you can find it easily and use flash_image
    rkhanso likes this.
    10-07-2011 07:42 AM
    thanks.
    just to confirm - when you say flash the recovery:

Is that the nandroid backup? The Xionia recovery? Or Harmonia?

I'm guessing Xionia....since that's not able to boot up, and I think I'll need that in the future.
    10-07-2011 08:18 AM
    Y
    I'm 99% sure I did the LG-type reset, which I've done that before w/o any problems. I did NOT do the reset from the menu in the phone under normal operation. I did the reset from the Xionia recovery mode.

Is there a solution for getting the state my phone is in back to operational?
    you're getting the same symptoms as a privacy menu factory reset.
    the solution for that is here:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ory-reset.html
    rkhanso likes this.
    10-07-2011 08:42 AM
    No success following the instructions at that link for the boot loop fix.

I get a bunch of popup errors when using SuperOneclick (Windows No Disk. Exception Processing Message (a bunch of numbers, letters) and Cancel, Try Again, Continue.

That error message pops up a bunch of times (the only way past is to click Continue) before I get to the following in SuperOneCLick:
    Code:
    SuperOneClick v2.1.1.0
    Checking drivers...
    Failed
    Killing ADB Server...

OK 69.34s

Starting ADB Server...
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *

OK 6.05s

Waiting for device...

OK 1.20s

Checking if rooted...
    True
    OK 1.03s
    I can't figure out how to put the flash_image and xionia_cwma_12518.6.img on the SD Card, since I can't browse it in Windows Explorer (get error, Please insert a disk into Drive I: when trying to browse the SD Card using Windows)

I did take the SD card out and put it in my Laptop and downloaded those 2 files and put it on the SD Card, then back in the phone, but when at SuperOneClick, still can't get the adb commands to do anything.

Will this work since my phone doesn't boot up, but gets stuck?

Also, now I can't get the phone to power up with any key combination (just power, or power vol down and home, etc). It only powers up with the USB cable connected.

I am lost on this. I have Teamviewer and would accept help if someone would be willing to remote into my PC. The trouble is likely me doing something wrong - lack of experience.
    10-07-2011 10:39 AM
    when following the instructions at THIS LINK,
    I get the following error:
    Code:
    # mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /sy
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /syst
    # cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
    cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
    /sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory
    #
    I'm following the directions under the black boxes/images of the Xionia recovery.
    See the error, can't find the file /sdcard/flash_image

I did follow the directions: Copy flash_image and xionia_cwma_12518.6.img to the root of your sdcard. <<--which I accomplished by putting the SD Card in a laptop, copying the files to the card, then re-installing it into my phone.
    10-07-2011 12:18 PM
    the link I posted should work but you have to paste the adb commands into the dos prompt, and your timing has to be perfect. you only have 2-3 seconds while rebooting where adb can get the commands through. it takes patience and persistence.
    good luck with the other methods you are trying.
    rkhanso likes this.
    10-07-2011 01:00 PM
    Which adb commands were you talking about?

adb shell strings /dev/mtd/mtd8
    adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8

or
    adb shell
    then
    # mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    # chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    # mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
    # mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    # flash_image recovery /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img
    # reboot recovery

I'll guess the first 2 lines above? But there's nothing telling me to reboot after those 2 lines. Not sure exactly what commands you want me to enter.

The link you gave said the first step was to flash the Xionia recovery and had another link to get Xionia installed. Since that link was in the thread you posted before those adb commands, I though I'd have to install Xionia first. That's where I'm having the problems that I mentioned above - # cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

Some of these threads contain links to other threads and I'm not sure what needs to be followed and what does not.
    10-07-2011 01:04 PM
    Bigsupersquid held my hand through the fix.
    A HUGE thanks to Bigsupersquid!!
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    10-07-2011 01:26 PM
    i cant get my voicemail to work with harmonia.
    I thought i read somewhere to change the shortcut number for *86 or something to my number
    but now i cant find where I read that..and i cant find anythign on phone to allow me to change it
    any help please?
    10-07-2011 01:34 PM
    i cant get my voicemail to work with harmonia.
    I thought i read somewhere to change the shortcut number for *86 or something to my number
    but now i cant find where I read that..and i cant find anythign on phone to allow me to change it
    any help please?
    I don't believe you should have to do this.
    Harmonia works just like a stock phone does.
    10-07-2011 02:01 PM
    I don't believe you should have to do this.
    Harmonia works just like a stock phone does.
    youre right im sorry it was friends phone the problem actually is..and my phone is doing this now also
    whenever you recieve or make a call the phone hangs up automatically. basically i can say hey and they can then the phone hangs up

sorry to bother you amazing rom i love it. Just hope I can fix this problem of call automatically hanging up
    after one or two seconds.
    10-07-2011 02:59 PM
    well now it seems to be working, maybe it was a service problem or something for a moment sorry to bother you so much thanks for your time
    10-07-2011 03:07 PM
    Hi, LeslieAnn, I tried reinstalling Pickasticks and got it to be stable a little higher at 787mhz, which is fantastic compared to 600mhz, but I would still like to know if you can help with the 2 questions I asked on my last post?

Do you have any advice on how to fix my problem? Should I maybe reinstall Harmonia?

If you don't know what I should do then thanks for the great rom even if I'm stuck at 787mhz!

(though I would appreciate any advice you could give on the matter)

Edit: nevermind I just read your reply on the pickasticks thread. Thanks! But please read my reply. Thanks!
    10-07-2011 04:37 PM
    Not every OV can get up to top speed. Some people can max it out, others can't just passed 750. I have run at 806 with little trouble, bit the highest/most stable speed for me seems to be 787. Every phone is different though.

Sent via VM670
    10-07-2011 04:49 PM
    whenever you recieve or make a call the phone hangs up automatically. basically i can say hey and they can then the phone hangs up

sorry to bother you amazing rom i love it. Just hope I can fix this problem of call automatically hanging up
    after one or two seconds.

I had this issue today as well while ordering carry out, it's not Harmonia as I was on an IHO rom at the time.

It's a Sprint issue.

Not every OV can get up to top speed. Some people can max it out, others can't just passed 750. I have run at 806 with little trouble, bit the highest/most stable speed for me seems to be 787. Every phone is different though.

Sent via VM670
    Your optimum setting is a notch or two from your most "stable". Just because it doesn't reboot doesn't mean the phone is not compensating for errors.
    10-07-2011 07:17 PM
    1: My phone will not go higher then 748mhz, if it does it reboots every time, so how do I make it overclockable all the way?

2: I read everywhere that the best overclock speed for the V is 825mhz, is it SAFE to go to 864mhz? and/or is it worth it?
    )
    #2 is completely bullsh*t and anyone saying that shouldn't be trusted because they don't have a clue wtf they are talking about.

Do I sound annoyed?
    Yes, because these idiots keep spreading these lies and others keep believing them.

As mentioned, just because you are not rebooting, it doesn't mean you are actually stable. The rebooting means you suffered a catastrophic error, minor errors are being compensated for. So while your highest may be "stable" it may not actually be running faster than you would at a lower speed. In fact it can be slower and running hotter since it is compensating and working harder to do less..

Every phone is different.
    Every processor is a bit different.
    You paid for a 600mhz processor, anything extra is just that, a bonus.

Let me explain overclocking as it will answer/explain both questions...
    When processors are made, they test them. Each is tested to see it's highest stable speed (up to current fastest speed offered), it's then labeled that (clock) speed, in our case, 600. Almost all chip makers do this, it's called binning. First runs of a processor tend to run at whatever speed advertised, some not even that and either get tossed or marked down from there. As production goes on, they get more and more higher quality and can ramp up the speeds. Some run much faster than expected (they may expect an 800 and get one that hits 1000, even though 800 is the fastest they offer), and sometimes while they may reach 800, they may have a shortage of those that only reach 600, so they mark down some 800's to be 600. Overclocking is the HOPE that you get a processor that has been marked down and then taking advantage of it. HOWEVER, you paid for a 600. Anything extra is just a bonus for you, they only guarantee you to run stable at 600. It's called OVER clocking for a reason.

In other words, stop expecting to run at 800.

This also means that anyone who claims 825 is best, has no freaking clue wtf they are talking about. Even hitting 825 is a rarity on a 600mhz Optimus, and even fewer will truly run proper at that speed. To really run stable there, you should be able to boot up at an even higher speed than that. 825 is optimal only on a phone that truly runs stable at that speed, that means lots of testing to be 100% sure. Most don't do this and feel whatever doesn't reboot equals "stable", which is why we say a few clocks down from the fastest without a reboot. It's a way of cheating all that testing.
    sharpe351 likes this.
    10-07-2011 07:44 PM
1,892 ... 4849505152 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD