10-31-2015 02:11 PM
1,892 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    Thanks for this post Leslie, we really need more of that dispelling myths around here. 806Mhz is stable as the high for me and I run 600Mhz as the low. Per your (and a few other) recommendations. Phone is pretty solid at this setting... and the battery life is great running IHO. Your ROM is great, I just needed to change things up a bit. My wife loves hers with Harmonia (1.3.1 I think).

*sidenote* Anyone having outages today is the product of Virgin Mobile issue. According to them, there is a nationwide issue with calls. Mine has been freaking out off and on today. Calls last for 4 seconds and then hang up. My wife's phone (on Harmonia) was doing the same thing. Data/web and text was working fine.

sent from my Calkulin+Clemsyn 7 Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
    10-07-2011 10:37 PM
    Wow thanks LeslieAnn for clearing that up It looks like mine and my brothers phones are from an earlier production than my Moms, as hers doesn't crash even at 864mhz. My phone is not crashing at 768mhz but does once in a while at 787mhz. But it is faster then 600mhz so I should be greatful

Thanks for the great Rom!
    10-08-2011 02:11 PM
    I've been wondering this for awhile:
    why isn't the most recent version of Android Market compatible with Harmonia?
    10-08-2011 03:21 PM
    I've been wondering this for awhile:
    why isn't the most recent version of Android Market compatible with Harmonia?
    It's been mentioned a few times, but the thread is big.

When Bumblebee and Harmonia added the power button we had to re-sign several APK's. Things were fine until Google release the new market, which increased security. It now requires all of the tile signatures to match, something not easily done when you do a mod as in depth as the power button mod.
    10-08-2011 04:11 PM
    Ah. Makes sense now. Thanks for answering my question!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    10-08-2011 04:18 PM
    I've been trying to get the latest netflix app to work on the phone, but the sound and video are always out of sync. Already tried to run it over wifi and still get the same problem. Anyone else having the same issue with netflix?
    10-09-2011 12:25 PM
    Anyone try this with the newer handsets yet? I ran into the "black screen" problem described here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...stom-roms.html

I ran into the black recovery screen first when using ROM Manager to flash the clockwork recovery, which resulted in the black screen. There was much cursing. I then re-flahed with the Xionia Redux listed in the thread.

This has been less than stable on both phones -- seems like a 50/50 toss up as to whether or not the phone boots past the logo or hangs on a blank backlit screen. I think I'm going back to the original Xionia recovery contained in the original post, rewiping everything, and trying again. Does this sound about right?
    10-10-2011 02:01 PM
    This has been less than stable on both phones -- seems like a 50/50 toss up as to whether or not the phone boots past the logo or hangs on a blank backlit screen. I think I'm going back to the original Xionia recovery contained in the original post, rewiping everything, and trying again. Does this sound about right?
    Almost every stability problem goes back to one of two things, too high of an overclock or bad download/flash.
    The fact that you keep seeing different results, makes me question the latter.
    olliedroid likes this.
    10-10-2011 03:26 PM
    Almost every stability problem goes back to one of two things, too high of an overclock or bad download/flash.
    The fact that you keep seeing different results, makes me question the latter.
    My bad, I should have been more clear -- the 50-50 is on the boot. Both phones are having similar issues -- it's just a matter of whether or not it makes it past the boot on a hard reset. I haven't overclocked either of them, as I hadn't made it that far yet. I used the same .zips on my older version phone without an issue. I'll try wipe/re-download/re-flash...that was what I was suspecting.

You might want to change the directions that lead to the ROM Manager version of how to flash though -- the ROM Manager recovery isn't compatible with the newest hardware, apparently. That's how the borking began, anyhow. I'll let you know how the re-flash goes!
    10-10-2011 07:27 PM
    Hello. Thank you LeslieAnn I enjoy this mod alot.

I'm using the latest version Harmonia 1.6.1.c and I'm having a small graphical problem on the lock screen. The background of the lock and sound tabs match the color of the text making the text unreadable. It's no big deal since it's only visual. I included screenshots.

Is there a way I can fix this? Is it as simple as editing a file in Photoshop and putting the resulting image in the right place?
    10-10-2011 08:56 PM
    Ugh, I'm sorry to keep coming back here, Leslie, I know you're busy.

So I followed these steps (I took notes!):

1. Sideloaded the gingerbread.apk. Got root, phone rebooted.
    2. Dumped the recovery image onto the sdcard along with the ROM and associated files. Using xionia cwma 12518.4 virgin.rar from the OP.
    3. Used terminal emulator to move the a.img from the sdcard to /system/bin
    mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system # remount /system rw
    cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image # copy flash_image to /system/bin
    chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image # chmod flash_image executable
    mount -o ro,remount /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system # remount /system ro
    (no error messages) and flashed the image
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/a.img
    4. Booted to Xionia recovery successfully
    5. Wiped data/cache using recovery.
    6. Used the recovery to flash the 1.6.1c Edify version of your rom, as linked from OP.
    7. Xionia asks me to reboot. I reboot from the recovery menu option "reboot phone now".
    8. When the phone comes back "on", The LG logo appears -- and then I only get a backlit black screen. Holding the phone, I feel the vibrations that normally occur on boot -- one for the first logo, and one at the end of the end of the boot.
    9. After the second vibration and waiting a while to see if the screen would come up (it didn't), the screen eventually timed out and went dark. Pressing the power button would result again in a black backlit screen.
    10. I hard reset the phone by removing and replacing the battery. Booted into Xionia again successfully, reflashed the ROM. #9 repeats.

So I'm going to download the .zip a third time and cross my fingers. But, just so I'm keeping all my notes in the same place, here's what I think the next attempt will be:

This sounds exactly like what is described here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...stom-roms.html

In a nutshell, new and refurbished Optimus V phones are apparently starting to be shipped out with display hardware from the newer Optimus S, which shows a black screen with kernels built from LG Optimus V or older Optimus S source code.

If, when booting your 'new' phone into a custom recovery, your phone only seems to boot to the silver LG logo and then goes black- but doesn't reboot- you may have this problem. If you already installed Xionia CWMA recovery, and it works, but your custom ROM boots into the black screen right after the silver LG logo, you probably are in the same boat.
    If I'm understanding correctly, the Pikasticks kernel is Optimus V stock. Is that correct? If I'm understanding that post correctly, since this is a new phone I'll need to flash the Xionia Kernel on top of the ROM? The recovery you recommend in the OP has one of the older kernels, so I can't just use that.

My next attempt will be to flash the Xionia kernel here: [KERNEL] Xionia Kernel (v014 - v008, & v005) Ported to Optimus V (4/13/2011) - xda-developers (v14 AnyKernel) per the instructions regarding the blank screen fix.

edit: flashed the new kernel on top. came up with a blank screen. rebooted I get to see both Harmonia logos now. Phone boots normally. I'll retry the new zip, but I have to eat something now.

edit2: re-downloaded, re-wiped, re-flashed, same instance occurred. solved by flashing the Xionia AnyKernel v14. Will let you know re: stability after my wife uses it for the day.
    10-11-2011 12:52 AM
    My next attempt will be to flash the Xionia kernel here: [KERNEL] Xionia Kernel (v014 - v008, & v005) Ported to Optimus V (4/13/2011) - xda-developers (v14 AnyKernel) per the instructions regarding the blank screen fix.

edit: flashed the new kernel on top. came up with a blank screen. rebooted I get to see both Harmonia logos now. Phone boots normally. I'll retry the new zip, but I have to eat something now.

edit2: re-downloaded, re-wiped, re-flashed, same instance occurred. solved by flashing the Xionia AnyKernel v14. Will let you know re: stability after my wife uses it for the day.
    You have a newer phone and therefore need the newer kernel, as you saw.
    Picasticks was designed and optimized for the older screens. We BigSuperSquid is trying to rebuild the Picasticks kernel to work with the newer screens in his spare time, but we don't know how soon that will be.
    olliedroid likes this.
    10-11-2011 04:00 AM
    Any idea on what my odds for stability on one of the new phones will be? Would it be better just to flash another ROM?

edit: and would there be a more stable kernel than the one I'm using? any other considerations with a non-Pica kernel?

/noob, thanks.
    10-11-2011 09:36 AM
    It should be plenty stable with the Xionia kernel.
    Harmonia has traditionally been the most stable rom for the phone.
    olliedroid likes this.
    10-11-2011 03:09 PM
    That's why I love it on mine (and why I'm busy rooting my wife's and my friend's). Thankfully, I didn't have to figure this out the first time.

(might be worth a link or two in the OP? happy to clean up those directions if it'd save you a minute)
    10-11-2011 08:43 PM
    They will need to be modded again soon anyhow, but I will try and add something tomorrow.
    olliedroid likes this.
    10-12-2011 04:33 AM
    /sigh

Xionia AnyKernal v.14 is apparently killing the phone's ability to access the sdcard via USB.
    10-12-2011 09:21 AM
    try drew's xionia redux from the sprint side of the forum.
    I believe he's fixed that issue.
    10-12-2011 11:56 AM
    USB currently broken.

Download
    Multi Mount SD-Card Lite

from market to use sd through usb again.
    10-15-2011 03:59 AM
    disregard
    10-15-2011 05:17 AM
    Iv been a long time lurker on this forum. I think I am running Harmonia 1.1 but not really sure since its been a while. I absolutely love the ROM and have have been running it without any problems. I do however believe its a bit out of date. Iv been checking this page like 3 times a day over the last 4 days for any updates.
    I am very grateful for the work you've done so far and am eagerly awaiting any news regarding the status of this ROM
    10-16-2011 12:17 PM
    If you are happy with 1.1, keep running it.

The major differences on Harmonia are that at 1.3, the power menu was added making it easier to reboot into recovery. At 1.6, the installer was made to work on newer recoveries.

However, I am working on 1.7, it will have updated apps, and work on old and new OV's.
    It might support the new market, but that remains to be seen.
    mustafu and jdcnosse like this.
    10-16-2011 04:15 PM
    If you are happy with 1.1, keep running it.

The major differences on Harmonia are that at 1.3, the power menu was added making it easier to reboot into recovery. At 1.6, the installer was made to work on newer recoveries.

However, I am working on 1.7, it will have updated apps, and work on old and new OV's.
    It might support the new market, but that remains to be seen.
    Great thanks! 1.1 is running perfect.
    10-16-2011 08:53 PM
    I'm looking forward to 1.7 and the IHO version whenever your kernel.org problem is fixed
    10-16-2011 11:06 PM
    I'm looking forward to 1.7 and the IHO version whenever your kernel.org problem is fixed
    I have the build box up and going, I just haven't had a chance to build a new version yet.
    10-17-2011 01:11 AM
1,892 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD