[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

cpshelley

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
when i reflashed my boot partition from 1.5e i didnt reboot before flashing 1.6. not quite sure if that answers your question but i didnt have any issues.

matthewrknoll

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 11Sept11 Storage Fi

hmm all this talk about failing flashes and me here with my 1.6 working perfectly.... maybe i should tell my flashing story.

i did have some issues flashing this, and i thought it was my fault, i still think it is, and absolutely nothing against you Leslie, but if it is pertinent information then I'd rather post it if it would help you debug.

i wiped all and started fresh, using xionia cwma recovery, not sure on the version, but i wiped factory/data, cleared dalvik, then just for good measure i went into mounts and wiped EVERYTHING, including boot.... i know on other roms I've been told to wipe boot, didnt think it would be any different here, but after wiping boot and flashing, my phone hung at the lg logo and would not go any farther. i really thought i was screwed, since i have no computer right now... i do all my modding from the phone itself, including rooting, flashing, tweaking, etc., so i thought i was bricked until i had access to a computer, but then i remembered my backups, i did a custom restore and restored the boot partition only since i had a hunch thats where id gone wrong and sure enough, after restoring my boot partition, which was from a backup of harmonia 1.5e, everything worked just fine.

again, not sure if this is related to any of the issus that others are experiencing, and also, notuing against you or the rom, Leslie, but i just thought id give the "full disclosure" details on my experience just in case it i somehow related and could help with the dev.

I also wiped my boot partition before flashing 1.6. This, I think, is what caused the fastboot blue screen I was getting. Flashing 1.5E and then 1.6 did allow me to boot into 1.6. Hope this is helpful.

Reactions: jsngonz

jsngonz

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Hi again Leslie! Hope your enjoying your day off! I just wanted to share and update what I had experienced last night. I had tried to figure out what was causing the blue screen to occur and it all comes down to something associated with the boot. matthewrknoll is right. I had formatted (in Xionia) boot, system, data, cache, then wiped the Dalvik Cache and after installing 1.5E, it boots up without problems, but when I do the same for 1.6, I get a blue screen (Fastboot). I reinstalled 1.5E, formatted system, data, cache, then wiped the Dalvik Cache and installed 1.6 without getting the blue screen. I did not format boot after installing 1.5E and 1.6 works like a charm. Thanks for everything Leslie! Your ROM is the best!

Reactions: jdcnosse

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Hi again Leslie! Hope your enjoying your day off! I just wanted to share and update what I had experienced last night. I had tried to figure out what was causing the blue screen to occur and it all comes down to something associated with the boot. matthewrknoll is right. I had formatted (in Xionia) boot, system, data, cache, then wiped the Dalvik Cache and after installing 1.5E, it boots up without problems, but when I do the same for 1.6, I get a blue screen (Fastboot). I reinstalled 1.5E, formatted system, data, cache, then wiped the Dalvik Cache and installed 1.6 without getting the blue screen. I did not format boot after installing 1.5E and 1.6 works like a charm. Thanks for everything Leslie! Your ROM is the best!

Day off? What is that...
Seriously, my day was like a bad tech support soap opera... that ran for 16 hours, only to end with a "to be continued".

Thanks for the info, with luck I will have some time soon.

phoboscmc

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

How do you upgrade from 1.5E to 1.6 without losing everything and without having to re-do everything again? thanks.

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

How do you upgrade from 1.5E to 1.6 without losing everything and without having to re-do everything again? thanks.

I too would greatly appreciate if someone could list the steps for upgrading to 1.6 using Rom Manager and without losing data.

Leslie, thanks for this amazing rom! Before I found it, I was strongly considering returning my OV due to the signal dropping and horrible battery life. Your rom fixed that and has allowed me to enjoy my new phone. So.. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

It must be something to do with installing the boot image. I tried just copying over the boot.img file from 1.5E zip to the 1.6 zip...didn't work.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I too would greatly appreciate if someone could list the steps for upgrading to 1.6 using Rom Manager and without losing data.

Leslie, thanks for this amazing rom! Before I found it, I was strongly considering returning my OV due to the signal dropping and horrible battery life. Your rom fixed that and has allowed me to enjoy my new phone. So.. Thanks a bunch!

I wouldn't use ROM Manager for much of anything. Except to flash CWM Recovery (if you havent already).

Use MyBackup Root to backup your apps and their data. It's real intuitive, easy to use, and free. You can also use it to back up your call logs, texts, use dictionary, etc.

Do your backups. Reboot into recovery. Make a nandroid(backup from Backup and Restore menu). Then flash 1.6 (provided you currently have 1.5e installed. If not, do that first).

Sent from my iPod touch

Last edited:

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm guessing that 1.5E must be installed first before updating. I'm running 1.3 .... can I jump right to 1.6 without any problems. I dont need to save any data just want a fresh install.

TIA

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing that 1.5E must be installed first before updating. I'm running 1.3 .... can I jump right to 1.6 without any problems. I dont need to save any data just want a fresh install.

TIA

Some people on here had trouble going from 1.3 to 1.6. But it seems nobody had any trouble going from 1.5e to 1.6 (including me). I'd play it safe and flash 1.5e first.

Sent via VM670

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Leslie, I'm interested in trying out 2.0 beta. I know you've made it clear that its not done yet, but is there anything specific you've found to date that's not working properly or the way you'd like it to?

Sent via VM670

phoboscmc

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't use ROM Manager for much of anything. Except to flash CWM Recovery (if you havent already).

Use MyBackup Root to backup your apps and their data. It's real intuitive, easy to use, and free. You can also use it to back up your call logs, texts, use dictionary, etc.

Do your backups. Reboot into recovery. Make a nandroid(backup from Backup and Restore menu). Then flash 1.6 (provided you currently have 1.5e installed. If not, do that first).

Sent from my iPod touch

Ticojpunk.... how did you upgrade from 1.5E to 1.6? did you wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik too and start from scratch rebuilding your home page and adding things and shortcuts back to the phone? thanks.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Ticojpunk.... how did you upgrade from 1.5E to 1.6? did you wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik too and start from scratch rebuilding your home page and adding things and shortcuts back to the phone? thanks.

Yeah. I did factory reset and wiped cache and dalvik cache.

I did start from "scratch", always do... but...

I use Launcher Pro. And I also use Mybackup Root to Back up my apps and data. So basically, Launcher Pro gets backed up, along with its data (which includes my homescreen layout).

What you have to do is, first restore all your apps (except Launcher Pro), reboot after they are restored, then restore Launcher Pro. Then when you reboot, Launcher Pro will put everything where you had it. The only thing you'll have to manually add is your Widgets, but you'll see a placeholder in each place you had one.

It sounds long, but only takes a few minutes. I did it when I recently flashed BACKside. In a few minutes time I had BACKside set up exactly how I have Harmonia set up.

Definitely get Mybackup Root if you don't already have it. Its free, and works perfectly. Very intuitive too. I tried Titanium
Backup for that, and I believe LeslieAnn said once it was a bit "geeky" for her taste. I agree with her. I still use Titanium to delete system apps when needed, but for app backup I think Mybackup rules.

Sent via VM670

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Leslie, I'm interested in trying out 2.0 beta. I know you've made it clear that its not done yet, but is there anything specific you've found to date that's not working properly or the way you'd like it to?

Sent via VM670

Gmail works, the normal email app does not.

Once I get caught up on sleep, and mental state I will get back on 1.6.
I finally got the phone company straightened in the office I work at so things should mellow out.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Gmail works, the normal email app does not.

Once I get caught up on sleep, and mental state I will get back on 1.6.
I finally got the phone company straightened in the office I work at so things should mellow out.

I don't use the regular email anyway. Maybe I'll check it out. I played around with BACKside for a day and a half. Set it up the way I like it, nandroided, then went back to Harmonia 1.6 again for day to day stuff. Messing about in CM7 settings sure is fun though.

Sent via VM670

eniigma90

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

i installed it and for some reason my wifi keeps saying error when i try to turn it on...:-\

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

i installed it and for some reason my wifi keeps saying error when i try to turn it on...:-\

What ROM did you have installed before flashing 1.6?

Some people were having problems going from anything but Harmonia 1.5e to 1.6.

I was running 1.5e, flashed 1.6, and everything works perfectly. Try flashing 1.5e, then flash 1.6 and see if it fixes your Wifi issues.

dasartis

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Upgraded earlier today from 1.3 to 1.6, and I've had no issues except for a random reboot while running lazydroid (but I since uninstalled it from lack of use). Factory reset/ wiped cache/wiped davlik cache. Have the old non-Optimus S screen. No issues so far. Awesome rom Leslie, thanks for all the hard work you've put into it.

photonik

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I apologize in advance as I'm sure this has been covered but this thread is wayy too long and the search results aren't much help.

Is there a fix for the home and menu keys being swapped??

Other than that the rom seems sleek and fast, good work!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1