10-31-2015 01:11 PM
1,892 ... 5253545556 ...
tools
    I'm having a problem with this rom. Everytime I go into the market to get my apps back; it says the market and google frameworks has stopped unexpectedly. I can recieve phone calls; but can't find the phone app on my phone. I'm thinking I did something wrong but not sure what it is. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
    11-08-2011 12:40 PM
    i have 1.7 flashed and currently have android lost installed. when i choose the option to snap a rear facing camera pic, the phone reboots...every time. lol. any ideas? thanks
    Are you overclocking your phone? If so, try setting it a step lower until you find that your phone stops rebooting. This is one of the easiest and fastest ways to find out if your overclock speed is truly "stable."

I'm having a problem with this rom. Everytime I go into the market to get my apps back; it says the market and google frameworks has stopped unexpectedly. I can recieve phone calls; but can't find the phone app on my phone. I'm thinking I did something wrong but not sure what it is. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
    To be honest I'd suggest reflashing, unless someone else can offer you and easier solution.
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    11-08-2011 03:05 PM
    I figured it out. I just booted into recovery and did a wipe and restarted. Now its working; I'm overclocked and my phone is very smooth. Thanks for the advice though!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    11-09-2011 12:35 PM
    Awesome rom....best out there. Smooth...fast....and sexy.

LeslieAnn likes this.
    11-09-2011 08:30 PM
    Is anyone using Google Music Beta with Harmonia 1.7? I cannot get it to stream at all. I came across this problem on Bumblebee a while back. But I've never had a problem on Harmonia 1.6 or 1.5, nor any of the IHO ROMs.

Sent via VM670
    11-10-2011 12:24 PM
    Nothing I updated should have effected it. Try re-flashing.
    11-10-2011 03:00 PM
    Anyone have any pointers for theming this ROM with UOT Kitchen? Bootanimation won't change, neither will the lockscreen, and status bar icons work, but they're screwy, the status bar icons flash alternating with the icons I picked in the kitchen. I use the update-binary file from the ROM and move it to the UOT file, as well as wiping cache and D-cache before flashing it. Thanks in advance
    11-10-2011 03:43 PM
    There is no boot animation.
    What you see first is the LG firmware (LG Icon, you won;t change this), then the kernel animation (B&W, good luck), then the framework slider (green, sort of a pain, but do-able). The framework slider is normally hidden by any bootanimation you install.

Harmonia does not use a bootanimation.
    They take up space, slow down boot, and the only time you see it, is when you reboot. The goal is to have a stable rom that doesn't need to be rebooted and when it does, why do you want to wait around for it?

The lockscreen, get Widget Locker to change it. It adds a lot of functionality.
    The flashing icons.. Odd, I can only imagine it's a poor flash.
    mustafu and linzoill like this.
    11-10-2011 04:41 PM
    I'm not sure if this is a feature with the ROM, or it was always included with the phone and I've never noticed, but when I go to Wireless & Network Settings > Wi-Fi Settings > [Menu button] > Advanced it gives me the options for using a static IP and entering an IP address, Gateway, Netmask and Name Servers.

How do I find out what these are? Do I need to connect it to my computer and run ip/config?
    11-11-2011 10:48 AM
    I'm not sure if this is a feature with the ROM, or it was always included with the phone and I've never noticed, but when I go to Wireless & Network Settings > Wi-Fi Settings > [Menu button] > Advanced it gives me the options for using a static IP and entering an IP address, Gateway, Netmask and Name Servers.

How do I find out what these are? Do I need to connect it to my computer and run ip/config?
    It is very important to setup a static ip address, if you are going to use port forwarding. When you have port forwarding setup, your router forwards ports to an ip address that you specify. This will probably work when you initially set it up, but after restarting your computer it may get a different ip address. When this happens the ports will no longer be forwarded to your computer's ip address. So the port forwarding configuration will not work.

What is an ip address?

IP addresses are four sets of numbers separated by periods that allow computers to identify each other. Every computer has at least one ip address, and two computers should never have the same ip address. If they do, neither of them will be able to connect to the internet. There is a lot of information at the following link. You don't need all of it. But if you want to know more about how networks work, you'll find it there. For more information on ip addresses, subnets, and gateways go here

Dynamic vs Static IPs

Most routers assign dynamic IP addresses by default. They do this because dynamic ip address networks require no configuration. The end user can simply plug their computer in, and their network will work. When ip addresses are assigned dynamically, the router is the one that assigns them. Every time a computer reboots it asks the router for an ip address. The router then hands it an ip address that has not already been handed out to another computer. This is important to note. When you set your computer to a static ip address, the router does not know that a computer is using that ip address. So the very same ip address may be handed to another computer later, and that will prevent both computers from connecting to the internet. So when you asign a static IP addresses, it's important to assign an IP address that will not be handed out to other computers by the dynamic IP address server. The dynamic IP address server is generally refered to as the dhcp server.

This option does not need configuring in most cases since the router or your modem will be setup for Dynamic IP and your phone grab a random IP address from your router.
    11-11-2011 10:57 AM
    Not to mention when you set up a static IP on a wireless network like, say your house...and then you go somewhere else (library, friends, mcdonalds lol) you probably won't get wifi on your phone because the settings for those networks could be different.

That's one of the main reasons I keep all my wireless devices with the default (dynamic IP) setting.
    11-11-2011 01:55 PM
    Everything works great with 1.7, except any app that uses maps will crash frequently causing a reboot. Google Maps, Navigation, cGeo etc. The only deviation from standard procedures was to flash a new kernel to solve the black screen issue (the included one didn't work for my brand spanking new Opt V)

I tried wiping the Dalvik cache, deleting and reinstalling Maps but that didn't help.

So is this likely a ROM issue? kernel issue? or something with Google Maps?

Sometimes it works great for 30 min or so, but then it causes multiple reboots. memory issue?
    11-13-2011 09:49 AM
    Everything works great with 1.7, except any app that uses maps will crash frequently causing a reboot. Google Maps, Navigation, cGeo etc. The only deviation from standard procedures was to flash a new kernel to solve the black screen issue (the included one didn't work for my brand spanking new Opt V)

I tried wiping the Dalvik cache, deleting and reinstalling Maps but that didn't help.

So is this likely a ROM issue? kernel issue? or something with Google Maps?

Sometimes it works great for 30 min or so, but then it causes multiple reboots. memory issue?
    Id like to confirm the whole black screen thing. I had to flash picasticks v7 remix over the rom before I could see what I was doing. Before I flashed the kernel I connected to android screencast and I could see my screen and control it from there so I know it was the screen. I dont use google maps or anything but ill test that. Also I flashed from IHO recovery since it has my screen drivers but I don't think that's super important.

EDIT: I tested google maps and when I first opened it, it force closed on me but after re-opening it, it worked fine.
    11-13-2011 12:43 PM
    1.7 does NOT need a new kernel, it works natively with newer screens. I can't change the thread title.
    This could be causing the crashes

Otherwise, odds are, you need to lower your overclock.

Also, Picasticks 7 does NOT support the new screen and was exactly the same kernel as Harmonia 1.6.1c
    Picasticks 7 recompiled will however, which is the same as what is in Harmonia 1.7.

If you have to re-flash the kernel, you either have a bad download or bad flash.
    11-13-2011 03:12 PM
    1.7 does NOT need a new kernel, it works natively with newer screens. I can't change the thread title.
    This could be causing the crashes

Otherwise, odds are, you need to lower your overclock.

Also, Picasticks 7 does NOT support the new screen and was exactly the same kernel as Harmonia 1.6.1c
    Picasticks 7 recompiled will however, which is the same as what is in Harmonia 1.7.

If you have to re-flash the kernel, you either have a bad download or bad flash.
    Well I don't know what to tell you but I downloaded from the link in your first post and flashed it and I got a black screen. After that I flashed the picasticks v7 remix.zip file from bigsupersquids black screen fix thread and everything works great.
    11-14-2011 12:25 AM
    Well I don't know what to tell you but I downloaded from the link in your first post and flashed it and I got a black screen. After that I flashed the picasticks v7 remix.zip file from bigsupersquids black screen fix thread and everything works great.
    your recovery had some borking going on when it flashed Harmonia. it's the exact same kernel.
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    11-14-2011 08:59 AM
    Hi there all! I've used your ROM in the past Leslie when CM7 was still in the works and aospcmod wasn't up to snuff. A wonderful ROM this was. I couldn't have chosen a better one. Been wanting to play with Froyo again but can't see a reason to go back. Gingerbread just seems to be better in performance, features, etc. Basically I'm posting to see what peoples opinions are between 2.2 and 2.3 and why people have chosen to stay with Froyo (Harmonia) and not move on to Gingerbread (IHO). I'd love to see some feedback from your dedicated followers.
    linzoill likes this.
    11-14-2011 04:28 PM
    your recovery had some borking going on when it flashed Harmonia. it's the exact same kernel.
    Exactly.
    From the man who made both kernels.

It's not that I doubt what you guys are saying when you have a problem, it's just that this rom is one of the oldest, most tested, and generally considered the most stable, efficient, reliable and compatible rom for the OV available.

I often refer to it as the Honda or Toyota of OV roms, boring, but it always gets you to work and back.
    bdieu17 likes this.
    11-14-2011 04:48 PM
    Hi there all! I've used your ROM in the past Leslie when CM7 was still in the works and aospcmod wasn't up to snuff. A wonderful ROM this was. I couldn't have chosen a better one. Been wanting to play with Froyo again but can't see a reason to go back. Gingerbread just seems to be better in performance, features, etc. Basically I'm posting to see what peoples opinions are between 2.2 and 2.3 and why people have chosen to stay with Froyo (Harmonia) and not move on to Gingerbread (IHO). I'd love to see some feedback from your dedicated followers.
    This is probably best left to a new thread.
    11-14-2011 04:49 PM
    This is probably best left to a new thread.
    Ya you're probably right. Sorry about that. XD
    11-14-2011 06:03 PM
    Ya you're probably right. Sorry about that. XD
    I agree with LeslieAnn, but it could make for an interesting discussion. Go ahead and make a new thread if you haven't already.

Sent via VM670
    11-14-2011 06:30 PM
    Exactly.
    From the man who made both kernels.

It's not that I doubt what you guys are saying when you have a problem, it's just that this rom is one of the oldest, most tested, and generally considered the most stable, efficient, reliable and compatible rom for the OV available.

I often refer to it as the Honda or Toyota of OV roms, boring, but it always gets you to work and back.
    I guess I should flash a new recovery then :P
    11-14-2011 06:41 PM
    I guess I should flash a new recovery then :P
    sometimes you just have to reflash the rom multiple times to get it all to take.
    I like to format boot as well as system, data, and cache, to make it less likely that there are any leftovers to get in the way of a new flash.
    if something is still uppity after a complete wipe and flash, I wipe 2x all the above and flash again. that usually takes care of things.
    11-14-2011 07:08 PM
    LeslieAnn,

Though it's been said many times before THANK YOU for Harmonia 1.7! I was using Bumblebee with no problems until several weeks ago...suddenly I could not update large apps (such as Google Maps) without getting the error "package file is invalid". Smaller apps would update correctly and my internal storage was showing 132 MB free (I use Link2SD). So I switched over to Harmonia, restored all apps and their associated data (with MyBackUp Root) and voila ALL apps updated with no errors. And the battery life is just fantastic! Anyway, thanks again for all your hard work.
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    11-14-2011 11:34 PM
    LeslieAnn,

Though it's been said many times before THANK YOU for Harmonia 1.7! I was using Bumblebee with no problems until several weeks ago...suddenly I could not update large apps (such as Google Maps) without getting the error "package file is invalid". Smaller apps would update correctly and my internal storage was showing 132 MB free (I use Link2SD). So I switched over to Harmonia, restored all apps and their associated data (with MyBackUp Root) and voila ALL apps updated with no errors. And the battery life is just fantastic! Anyway, thanks again for all your hard work.
    Thanks.. I too came from bumblebee.. Any issues i had there is fixed here.. Awesome rom..

11-15-2011 10:31 AM
1,892 ... 5253545556 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD