10-31-2015 01:11 PM
1,892 ... 5354555657 ...
tools
    Hey, question, something is very wrong with our phones, my entire family has optimus Vs and we all have Harmonia 1.6.1c, at 1st we were delighted, but now we can't update apps or install new ones, when we go to the market and click install it starts the download then pauses, then starts and says download unsuccessful, and says the same thing with updates. what do we do? is this resolved in 1.7?

it almost never installs new apps or updates, if it is for some reason able to download it, then most of the time it says installation was not successful, and sometimes it even resets our phones, and I know its not the overclock that is doing it as I even tried limiting it to 600mhz and it still reset when it started installing.

HELP!!!
    11-15-2011 12:13 PM
    Pretty sure someone a few posts back was having this issue (although they were not using Harmonia at the time) and flashing to Harmonia 1.7 solved the problem, so it couldn't hurt to try.

Also -- any updates on Harmonia 2.0?
    11-15-2011 01:07 PM
    I broke my old Optimus V that was running Harmonia 1.3, and got a new one last month. After trying unsuccessfully to root it with the method I used on the old one, I finally got it to work with Gingerbreak. However, when I flash any custom rom, it boots to the silver LG logo, and then goes to a black screen. I understand there is an issue with the new OV phones and the older roms because of the video drivers, but I thought the kernel included with Harmonia 1.7 took that into account....I flashed it and it's doing the same thing. Am I doing something wrong?
    11-15-2011 04:58 PM
    I broke my old Optimus V that was running Harmonia 1.3, and got a new one last month. After trying unsuccessfully to root it with the method I used on the old one, I finally got it to work with Gingerbreak. However, when I flash any custom rom, it boots to the silver LG logo, and then goes to a black screen. I understand there is an issue with the new OV phones and the older roms because of the video drivers, but I thought the kernel included with Harmonia 1.7 took that into account....I flashed it and it's doing the same thing. Am I doing something wrong?
    a lot of stories of newer ov's seem to show they don't take well to flashing.
    your recovery working? sounds like it.
    sometimes you need to format boot and reflash the rom.
    others have had success flashing the picasticks-rebuild anykernel (has its own thread buried here somewhere, and it's in the blackscreen sticky) after harmonia, which is odd because it's the same kernel.
    the anykernel does have a different update-binary in the zip, and I don't know if that matters, but the combination of rom and anykernel does work for some people.
    11-15-2011 06:12 PM
    a lot of stories of newer ov's seem to show they don't take well to flashing.
    Some theorize this is half the problem with the Triumph as well.
    I am starting to think some bad memory was sent out to manufacturers. It works, but is stubborn.
    11-15-2011 06:16 PM
    Hey, question, something is very wrong with our phones, my entire family has optimus Vs and we all have Harmonia 1.6.1c, at 1st we were delighted, but now we can't update apps or install new ones, when we go to the market and click install it starts the download then pauses, then starts and says download unsuccessful, and says the same thing with updates. what do we do? is this resolved in 1.7?
    1.7 may fix it, but if it was working and suddenly stops, that often points to data issues or market issues. It usually clears up in a few days.

Market issues are more common than people realize. We have seen it happen on stock roms as well.
    linzoill likes this.
    11-15-2011 06:17 PM
    Agreed...on my stock Unrooted OV I had the same problem ....Harmonia 1.6 & Harmonia 1.7 and BACKside IHO have had the same problems so I agree that this is a network error rather than a rom issue. Does clear up after a few hours ...maybe days ;( suxzs but we can't complain ...overall better roms here!
    Shotout out BACKside team!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    11-16-2011 09:09 AM
    Just flashed to 1.7 from stock. It's awesome. Speedier, more room, more battery. You rock!
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    11-18-2011 01:30 AM
    Target have the Optimus V on sale for $50 tomorrow for Black Friday. If I were to return my current OV and exchange it for a new one, will Harmonia 1.7 allow hotspot with the brand new phones? From what I've read, I think they're 2.2.2 or 2.2.3 or something, whereas my current handset is 2.2.1.
    11-24-2011 08:59 AM
    Harmonia works fine with new ov's
    why would you want to trade for a new one?
    the new Hitachi screens don't look as good as the old Novatek, and the newer firmware disables access to the bootloader for fastboot.
    yuk.
    11-24-2011 11:54 AM
    because I can get one for $50 and get back a bunch of money..
    Also, what is bootloader for fastboot?
    11-24-2011 01:42 PM
    Do I install this the same way like I do like with IHO?

wipe cache dalvik cache
    format boot data system cache?
    11-24-2011 04:08 PM
    Do I install this the same way like I do like with IHO?

wipe cache dalvik cache
    format boot data system cache?
    Yes, but don't flash gapps.
    11-24-2011 06:11 PM
    Looks like this ROM might be done with. I have not seen any updates in a while and New Market is still a no go. I am using the Reborn ROM, everything works perfect including the New Market. I get about 1% bat drain per 3 hours Also, TTS works and there is no maps log in issues. The trick is however to flash Reborn then flash the Bumblebee NO OC Kerel. If you do this you will have 175 Megs of internal storage Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there, who knows when you will be forced to use only the New Market...
    11-25-2011 05:23 PM
    Well the only thing that I can think of that LeslieAnn would update are the included apps, everything else in the ROM works perfectly, and there's not really anything to add to it...
    11-25-2011 07:55 PM
    I just dislike the kernels, rom is perfect, but drains battery.

@Leslieann, Do you have plans for gingerbread?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    11-26-2011 01:35 AM
    As Jdcnosse said, it works well, and yes, all it mostly gets is app updates.
    The Market is an issue that may or may not be fixed. It works, you just can't buy with it. I would hardly consider that the final nail in the coffin. It's not done, it just had some major changes made to it (updated install system and apps). It's also the ONLY Froyo rom still being developed for the OV, if I remember right, it's also the only OV rom that will install properly using Rom Manager, due to that new installer. It's just at a point that there is little to update. Right now the only thing outdated is Superuser and the Market, the latter of which some people prefer.

You have to remember Harmonia is a barebones rom. It's not supposed to have a ton of features, the feature is NOT having a bunch of useless features.

I did one Gingerbread/ IHO version of Harmonia, before Kernel.org went down and my system had to be reloaded. I built a few tests ones since, but I no sooner get the build going and something breaks it again. The build process is extremely fragmented and annoying, take a look at the problems and how they change with each new release to see what I mean.

When I get it working again I plan to release another IHO based GB Harmonia. I have tried stripping out the CM code, but it's very problematic. I can't really put a lot of effort into that, when I can't even get it to build stock CM.
    11-26-2011 01:59 AM
    As Jdcnosse said, it works well, and yes, all it mostly gets is app updates.
    The Market is an issue that may or may not be fixed. It works, you just can't buy with it. I would hardly consider that the final nail in the coffin. It's not done, it just had some major changes made to it (updated install system and apps). It's also the ONLY Froyo rom still being developed for the OV, if I remember right, it's also the only OV rom that will install properly using Rom Manager, due to that new installer. It's just at a point that there is little to update. Right now the only thing outdated is Superuser and the Market, the latter of which some people prefer.

You have to remember Harmonia is a barebones rom. It's not supposed to have a ton of features, the feature is NOT having a bunch of useless features.

I did one Gingerbread/ IHO version of Harmonia, before Kernel.org went down and my system had to be reloaded. I built a few tests ones since, but I no sooner get the build going and something breaks it again. The build process is extremely fragmented and annoying, take a look at the problems and how they change with each new release to see what I mean.

When I get it working again I plan to release another IHO based GB Harmonia. I have tried stripping out the CM code, but it's very problematic. I can't really put a lot of effort into that, when I can't even get it to build stock CM.
    I understand. xP
    Most people should be grateful for what they have. :s
    11-26-2011 02:02 AM
    LeslieAnn, because I only ever get free apps and not paid ones from the Android Market, can I use the current market at all with Harmonia? If so, where/how do I get the current version?

Second, if I wanted to replace the boot animations (both the white and green images) with This Star Trek boot animation, what do I need to do? Is it a matter of replacing files in certain folders, or does it need to be flashed in recovery or something else?

Thanks..
    11-27-2011 09:09 PM
    LeslieAnn, because I only ever get free apps and not paid ones from the Android Market, can I use the current market at all with Harmonia? If so, where/how do I get the current version?

Second, if I wanted to replace the boot animations (both the white and green images) with This Star Trek boot animation, what do I need to do? Is it a matter of replacing files in certain folders, or does it need to be flashed in recovery or something else?

Thanks..
    You can place a bootanimation.zip file in /system/media and it'll replace the green "Harmonia" screen, but I forgot how to edit the white one. It's in the boot image somewhere.
    mewikime likes this.
    11-27-2011 09:43 PM
    I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but I wanted to double check.

If for whatever reason you need to activate an inactivated Optimus V that is running IHO, can you activate it by loading the Harmonia RIM or do you have to go back to stock to do that?

Sent via VM670
    11-28-2011 09:03 AM
    harmonia will work fine to activate. no need for stock to ever touch your phone again unless you need to return it!
    11-28-2011 09:19 AM
    Does this support ext3? If not could you please add this. Could you also remove the kernel boot image? Thanks I love your ROM.
    11-28-2011 12:00 PM
    yes, the picasticks kernel should support ext3.
    if you remove the boot.img it won't flash. it's easier to flash it intact and then flash the anykernel.zip of your choice over the top... it needs the ramdisk iin the boot.img to work right.
    btw, it's the kernel that supports ext3 or not, check the one you want to install for filesystem support.
    11-28-2011 12:06 PM
    yes, the picasticks kernel should support ext3.
    if you remove the boot.img it won't flash. it's easier to flash it intact and then flash the anykernel.zip of your choice over the top... it needs the ramdisk iin the boot.img to work right.
    btw, it's the kernel that supports ext3 or not, check the one you want to install for filesystem support.
    Boot image is meant to be the kernel splash screen sorry for the confusion.
    11-28-2011 12:15 PM
1,892 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD