10-31-2015 02:11 PM
1,892 ... 45678 ...
tools
    By the way...
    Anyone wanting relatively good functioning Harmonia, here is how...
    You will lose the nice animation, and some underlying tweaks, but for the most part, it will function as intended. No guarantees on the charging bug.

Put in Harmonia,
    Restart
    Flash Marzz's 005 kernel
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...13-2011-a.html
    Restart
    Flash Picasticks kernel.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...optimus-v.html

I would recommend this if you want to run Bumblebee or Bluesphere as well.
    04-24-2011 10:30 PM
    thats strange because if I go back to the first build i can use it. Now I get incorrect user name and pass word and i know its correct. Ive tryed flashing it twice with no success. Not sure if anyone else is having the problem or its just me. Thought I would put it out there.
    Second build is hosed, ignore it.
    04-24-2011 10:31 PM
    Not a problem. I'll wait for the next build. Thanks for the info.
    04-24-2011 10:33 PM
    Put in Harmonia,
    Restart
    Flash Marzz's 005 kernel
    Restart
    Flash Picasticks kernel.

Curious but would this help if I'm flashing any other rom that uses the new kernels too?
    04-24-2011 10:35 PM
    Curious but would this help if I'm flashing any other rom that uses the new kernels too?
    If you are going to use a Virgin based rom, yes.
    If you are starting with a Xionia based rom, it's not needed.

Xionia replaces the wifi driver.
    04-24-2011 10:40 PM
    By the way...
    Anyone wanting relatively good functioning Harmonia, here is how...
    You will lose the nice animation, and some underlying tweaks, but for the most part, it will function as intended. No guarantees on the charging bug.

Put in Harmonia,
    Restart
    Flash Marzz's 005 kernel
    Restart
    Flash Picasticks kernel.

will this fix the battery drain issue?
    04-24-2011 10:56 PM
    Quick run in again for a super-quick question.

I believe you already answered this with the install list a few posts back, and I believe we only have issues if the initial ROM is stock and then needs the xionia middle flash process, but if I flashed a clean Aphrodite 1.3.3 (which, as we know already, has xionia 005), flashing pickasticks .7 on top doesn't revert to the horrid stock wi-fi drivers, correct?

I'm just rechecking to be sure. Otherwise, I'm more than content with 1.3.3 until an update is available.

-K
    04-24-2011 11:02 PM
    will this fix the battery drain issue?
    Yes, it should.

Quick run in again for a super-quick question.

I believe you already answered this with the install list a few posts back, and I believe we only have issues if the initial ROM is stock and then needs the xionia middle flash process, but if I flashed a clean Aphrodite 1.3.3 (which, as we know already, has xionia 005), flashing pickasticks .7 on top doesn't revert to the horrid stock wi-fi drivers, correct?

I'm just rechecking to be sure. Otherwise, I'm more than content with 1.3.3 until an update is available.

-K
    Yes, that is fine. Aphrodite uses a Xionia kernel, which removes the crappy wifi driver.
    04-24-2011 11:40 PM
    B
    Put in Harmonia,
    Restart
    Flash Marzz's 005 kernel
    Restart
    Flash Picasticks kernel.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by this for Bumblebee kernel? I'm running Romidius with the Bumblebee kernel and the black and white theme--so far everything seems to be working well enough except for a bit of strangeness with the WiFi so I would definitely appreciate something that brings the rom from 98% to a full 100% for me.

Thanks!

--bornagainpenguin
    04-24-2011 11:42 PM
    Could you please elaborate on what you mean by this for Bumblebee kernel? I'm running Romidius with the Bumblebee kernel and the black and white theme--so far everything seems to be working well enough except for a bit of strangeness with the WiFi so I would definitely appreciate something that brings the rom from 98% to a full 100% for me.

Thanks!

--bornagainpenguin
    You should already be ok since the 005 Kernel is what rodimus uses by default (I believe).
    But what she means is flash the 005 Xionia kernel, then reboot your phone, then go back into recovery and flash bumblebee again. This is of course after you have your rom in place, which you do.
    bornagainpenguin likes this.
    04-24-2011 11:46 PM
    Yes, that is fine. Aphrodite uses a Xionia kernel, which removes the crappy wifi driver.
    Perfect, thank you.
    +1 Easter egg for you!

-K
    04-24-2011 11:47 PM
    wifi still works fine for me. Piggy with the battery but I only use wifi at home. On top of that the 3g is working better lately, VM must have been doing some work on the service in my area.

I look forward to further developments.
    04-25-2011 02:57 AM
    wifi still works fine for me. Piggy with the battery.
    That's why we are flashing 005 and then the new kernel again.
    I hate my battery dying just because I'm on wifi. I typically only use wifi at home, or at a friends house, but I don't want to have to sit next to the wall to use it.
    04-25-2011 03:31 AM
    That's why we are flashing 005 and then the new kernel again.
    I hate my battery dying just because I'm on wifi. I typically only use wifi at home, or at a friends house, but I don't want to have to sit next to the wall to use it.
    I'm patient and can wait for a formal fix other than a workaround.
    04-25-2011 03:35 AM
    OK, I have just unzipped Harmonia 1.0.1 and the tun.ko and wireless.ko modules are not correct. I don't know where they came from but they're not the ones from my kernel build.

Flash picasticks kernel and it will fix this, while leaving everything else about Harmonia intact.

I'm sure LeslieAnn will put a new ROM image up soon, but just flashing picaticks .zip will accomplish the same thing, since it's an AnyKernel updater.

EDIT: Although this problem exists in 1.0.1, the modules in 1.0 were fine. So, this issue is not the battery drain issue. LeslieAnn is still tracing that problem.
    jmel likes this.
    04-25-2011 04:44 PM
    OK, I have just unzipped Harmonia 1.0.1 and the tun.ko and wireless.ko modules are not correct. I don't know where they came from but they're not the ones from my kernel build.

Flash picasticks kernel and it will fix this, while leaving everything else about Harmonia intact.

I'm sure LeslieAnn will put a new ROM image up soon, but just flashing picaticks .zip will accomplish the same thing, since it's an AnyKernel updater.
    Thanks. I think the original issue was the wireless eating up too much battery, and so she attempted a fix in harmonia 1.0.1.

I am guessing that is why you say the files are not correct.

She was saying that to fix the wireless battery usage, it must be done at the kernel level (in picasticks). Someone please correct me if I am mistaken (or go back and read the last few pages of this thread).

EDIT: It is worth noting that the bumblebee dev says he isn't having this issue with his rom:

Code:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/79309-mod-harmonia-1-0-bumblebee-kernel-1-13-init-d-apps2ext-status-bar-mods.html#post851860
    04-25-2011 05:02 PM
    There's no battery issue in the kernel AFAIK.

Flashing either bumblebee kernel or picasticks kernel over top of Harmonia should fix the kernel module mismatch issue, because either one will use its AnyKernel updater to replace the kernel and kernel modules with ones that match each other.

I'm just catching up to this thread now after 1.5 days or so, so I don't know the whole history of what fixes may have been attempted, and the only link I have to Harmonia is one LeslieAnn sent me which downloads Harmonia_1.0.1.zip, md5sum e08976184b5ea371f3fc40f2cdf0b6ef. And I can tell you for sure that tun.ko and wireless.ko are incorrect in that file.

I'm sure LeslieAnn will check in soon and clarify.

My tendency (since this same kernel config has been running for nearly a month on both S and V, with no one reporting a battery issue) is to say that the battery problem (if it isn't as simple as mismatched kernel driver) is probably not in the kernel. Most of the wifi twiddling is done by the OS (i.e. ROM) not inside the driver, and for sure I haven't touched either the broadcom driver code or its configuration.

That doesn't rule out every possibility, so if there somebody with Rodimus + Picasticks or another combo like that, and you are also having this problem, and think you have traced it to the kernel, by all means please report it in the picasticks kernel thread.
    04-25-2011 05:21 PM
    LeslieAnn took the wifi drivers from the S source, and tried to implement them into Harmonia-1.0.1, to fix the wifi drain issue. That is my understanding. 1.0, did have the drivers from the V source (the original V wifi drivers from stock, were not that great from my understanding).
    04-25-2011 05:27 PM
    Picasticks misunderstood what I sent him, which is why he was saying the drivers were wrong. They were, on purpose.

Anyhow, I double checked the files, 1.0 is using his drivers, I used everything he included. I'm checking to make sure I didn't miss something else or that something else I carried over from Virgin is breaking something.

Question...
    Anyone who was using Picasticks with Aphrodite, did it have this problem?

I don't think it did. (just trying to nail down a cause).
    04-25-2011 05:58 PM
    LeslieAnn took the wifi drivers from the S source, and tried to implement them into Harmonia-1.0.1, to fix the wifi drain issue. That is my understanding. 1.0, did have the drivers from the V source (the original V wifi drivers from stock, were not that great from my understanding).
    OK, yes, both LeslieAnn and I have verified now that the original drivers are correct (in the Harmonia.zip linked in post#2).

So, the battery drain issue is likely somewhere else and LeslieAnn is working on it!

Please remember this is a 1.0 release of a new ROM and try to be patient.

In future, if you think there is a problem with the picasticks kernel (including kernel modules), please report it in the kernel thread! It doesn't do anyone any good to post reports in an unrelated thread like this one, it just wastes everybody's time. (Takenover I'm not talking to/about you, just trying to clarify. )

Like I said there are no issues reported to date with the kernel wifi driver. My kernel doesn't go near the Broadcom code or config, or anything affecting the battery ... the whole philosophy of the picasticks kernel is not to screw with these things in the first place (unless there is a *totally confirmed* bug + *ironclad* patch).

In any case, the Harmonia 1.0.1 release was borked because of the file mismatch. Linux kernel modules are tied to the kernel build they were compiled with.
    04-25-2011 06:27 PM
    I thought it was the wifi only because I used it alot. But I have experienced a strange battery drop. Using juiceplotter from the market I noticed 5% after long periods of idle, the plot looked like a cliff drop. I don't know what it is but I tested for a whole 24 hours and it has made me move back to my rodimus backup.
    04-25-2011 07:37 PM
    We have the issue narrowed down somewhat, but it's going to take a bit to figure out where the exact conflict is.

I'll know more later tonight.
    04-25-2011 07:51 PM
    Looks like we found the problem.
    I want to do a bit longer test to make absolutely sure, but so far, it looks like we got it.

I'll post more once I know for sure.
    04-26-2011 12:15 AM
    Excellent news!

Looking forward to hearing your findings and to inject my phone with some... Harmonia... goodness...um...

Huh. Well, this is awkward.

That sounded much dirtier than I had anticipated... *cough*

-K
    04-26-2011 12:28 AM
    It would be great if we could figure out and fix the Time Without Signal problem on these phones. Of course, my TWS is always over 60% so I don't know if that's due to poor signal in my area or not. The phone supposedly scans for a signal even if it does have a signal already.
    04-26-2011 12:37 AM
1,892 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD