10-31-2015 02:11 PM
1,892 ... 5859606162 ...
tools
    the picasticks remix anykernel is the preferred kernel for new screen types, built into Harmonia 1.7
    just for some reason the boot.img doesn't flash right on all the newer OV's.

if you'd like to be a tester, I've wanted to see for a while if using the update-binary from that anykernel in the Harmonia zip would make it work on picky phones like yours.

Didnt work without the link to the kernel ... thanks !
    12-21-2011 05:30 PM
    I'm happy to test if you'd find it useful.

For the most recent poster: did you just flash the kernel atop your ROM installation? Might try that.
    12-22-2011 12:17 PM
    I'm happy to test if you'd find it useful.

For the most recent poster: did you just flash the kernel atop your ROM installation? Might try that.
    ok, today I'll put a harmonia 1.7 zip with the different update-binary on my 4shared account for testing.
    Will edit this post with a link when it's done.

@Leslieann, if you don't approve, I'll remove it.

edit: later, still busy, but I'll get it posted here sometime tonight. @Leslieann, thanks.
    12-22-2011 12:35 PM
    yes atop, that is correct!
    12-22-2011 05:57 PM
    ok, today I'll put a harmonia 1.7 zip with the different update-binary on my 4shared account for testing.
    Will edit this post with a link when it's done.

@Leslieann, if you don't approve, I'll remove it.
    Sure, no problem. I would like to figure out what is happening.
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    12-22-2011 06:15 PM
    I'm sorry that i haven't got the test zip up yet.
    life is getting in my way again.
    call me a humbug, if you want, but in december and January every year since 1991 a disproportional amount of unpleasant and inconvenient things happen to me, and it really drains and/or depresses me.
    I'll get the time and energy together to work on projects (like this one, which is at least a simple one to make) as soon as i can.
    notufatjesus likes this.
    12-24-2011 10:09 AM
    Hey LeslieAnn, I just made a Fantastic, easy to follow, Step by step guide to rooting and installing Harmonia onto an Optimus V.
    If you want you can list it on your main page for people wanting to know how to flash it with a brand new Optimus V in there hands (even with the newer screens)

Here it is

Guide: step by step rooting of optimus v

And someone posted saying my guide wouldn't work with Gingerbread roms because of needing "gapps and a wiper zip"? is this true? and does this mean the newer GB Harmonia would have that problem?
    if so is there a thread where I can learn about it, to add that info into my guide? Thanks!

P.S. Do you have any estimates about when the GB Harmonia will be out?
    12-24-2011 02:34 PM

And someone posted saying my guide wouldn't work with Gingerbread roms because of needing "gapps and a wiper zip"? is this true? and does this mean the newer GB Harmonia would have that problem?
    if so is there a thread where I can learn about it, to add that info into my guide? Thanks!

P.S. Do you have any estimates about when the GB Harmonia will be out?
    GB roms require Gapps to be installed. Wiper is used because many fail to wipe necessary areas which can lead to issues. If you tell them how to wipe everything then no, you don't need wiper. Harmonia 2 is the exception, I throw in the basic Gapps as I hate two step processes and like giving people a basic ready to go rom and I tell them what needs to be wiped when I do.

As for when, I was hoping this weekend, but I installed a bad driver and am reloading my desktop. YAY. It still may happen this weekend, it's done, except for an issue with (I suspect) the build.prop messing with Mybackup Pro. Once that is fixed it will be released.
    linzoill likes this.
    12-24-2011 10:54 PM
    GB roms require Gapps to be installed. Wiper is used because many fail to wipe necessary areas which can lead to issues. If you tell them how to wipe everything then no, you don't need wiper. Harmonia 2 is the exception, I throw in the basic Gapps as I hate two step processes and like giving people a basic ready to go rom and I tell them what needs to be wiped when I do.

As for when, I was hoping this weekend, but I installed a bad driver and am reloading my desktop. YAY. It still may happen this weekend, it's done, except for an issue with (I suspect) the build.prop messing with Mybackup Pro. Once that is fixed it will be released.
    Sweet! Cant wait for it!
    But question, since this is a harmonia update that's changing to gingerbread instead of just updating froyo, do I have to do a data wipe and all that? Or just run it as a update without wipeing anything?

And will the custom themes and custom notification bars not work? Or is pretty much nothing bad gonna result, but everything that happens is good?

Thanks for your efforts! Merry Christmas!
    12-25-2011 02:52 PM
    Sweet! Cant wait for it!
    But question, since this is a harmonia update that's changing to gingerbread instead of just updating froyo, do I have to do a data wipe and all that? Or just run it as a update without wipeing anything?

And will the custom themes and custom notification bars not work? Or is pretty much nothing bad gonna result, but everything that happens is good?

You will have to do a full wipe, and the themes and notification bars will no longer work.
    12-25-2011 03:14 PM
    Sweet! Cant wait for it!

Harmonia 2 is not an extension or update of Harmonia 1, they run parallel, not in a series.
    12-25-2011 04:11 PM
    Harmonia 2 is not an extension or update of Harmonia 1, they run parallel, not in a series.
    So it will be like an entirely new rom? so I will have to wipe EVERYTHING and then restore it via my backup pro?

And are you guys sure none of them will work? I only care about the notification bar I use which is this one. (the 2nd notification bar option) And when I was trying to solve the issue of the Market not wanting to update anything (because of a glitchy .Android_secure folder) I flashed Bumblebee, which is a gingerbread rom, and it worked on it as well.

Since it worked on another Gingerbread rom, and it works on Harmonia 1.7 shouldn't it work on a GB Harmonia 2.0? And if not. Could you... maybe... get it working?

If you can and will, then THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH!

If you can't... that's... okay... i guess...

I WAY prefer that Notification Bar to the Stock one, its not even funny!

Thanks!

Looking forward to the update either way

Merry Christmas!
    12-25-2011 09:38 PM
    So it will be like an entirely new rom? so I will have to wipe EVERYTHING and then restore it via my backup pro?

And are you guys sure none of them will work? I only care about the notification bar I use which is this one. (the 2nd notification bar option) And when I was trying to solve the issue of the Market not wanting to update anything (because of a glitchy .Android_secure folder) I flashed Bumblebee, which is a gingerbread rom, and it worked on it as well.
    Yes, it is an entirely new rom.

Bumblebee is a Froyo rom, not Gingerbread, and you should not be flashing Froyo statusbars onto Gingerbread roms. You can use UOT Kitchen to make your own statusbars for GB or Froyo, but do not mix them, you never know what will happen, though typically it simply will not start.
    12-25-2011 10:05 PM
    [HL]Harmonia 2 is out.[/HL]
    Check here (direct link):
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post1513220 - Bottom of page 350.

[HL]All support for H2 is provided there, not here!!![/HL]
    They are different roms and support shall not be mixed.
    12-25-2011 10:14 PM

Where will you release the finished version? Cause I noticed you posted on the IHO thread saying it was released. But that was 20 minutes before you told me that it was having the issues you said. So i'm guessing you posted an unfinished version?

And will it in a nutshell be Harmonia 1.7 only GB? With no TWS bug, and the 40MB of extra free space, and everything working as it should without any known glitches? And all the other improvements listed on Harmonia 1.6.1c thread?

I know i have a lot of questions, sorry but i'm excited and worried at the same time, excited for the GB upgrade, but worried it will somehow be inferior to Harmonia 1.7

After looking up what Gingerbread is i'm getting more excited but still worried

Thanks again for making Harmonia!

Merry Christmas!
    12-25-2011 11:36 PM
    Where will you release the finished version? Cause I noticed you posted on the IHO thread saying it was released. But that was 20 minutes before you told me that it was having the issues you said. So i'm guessing you posted an unfinished version?

And will it in a nutshell be Harmonia 1.7 only GB? With no TWS bug, and the 40MB of extra free space, and everything working as it should without any known glitches? And all the other improvements listed on Harmonia 1.6.1c thread?

I know i have a lot of questions, sorry but i'm excited and worried at the same time, excited for the GB upgrade, but worried it will somehow be inferior to Harmonia 1.7

After looking up what Gingerbread is i'm getting more excited but still worried

Thanks again for making Harmonia!

Merry Christmas!
    The one just posted is the finished version and it was posted after I replied. If it shows otherwise, the board got confused.

If there is something seriously wrong I pull them down. I don;t want people trying to use something with serious problems, especially since all I get after is question about why it doesn't work.

As for inferior, I am running it right now as opposed to 1.7.
    There is no TWS problem, no market problems, and battery life is close enough to 1.7 at this point, and it has some nice features. Yes, my goal was to make 1.7 but as GB.

My advice, give it a shot.
    And you are welcome.
    12-26-2011 03:49 AM
    I love your rom so much i am hesitant to move to the gb one. What's the best reason to move to it? Can i use a cassette adapter And be able to answer the phone without unplugging like other gb roms? Thanks so much

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    12-26-2011 09:03 AM
    The one just posted is the finished version and it was posted after I replied. If it shows otherwise, the board got confused.

If there is something seriously wrong I pull them down. I don;t want people trying to use something with serious problems, especially since all I get after is question about why it doesn't work.

As for inferior, I am running it right now as opposed to 1.7.
    There is no TWS problem, no market problems, and battery life is close enough to 1.7 at this point, and it has some nice features. Yes, my goal was to make 1.7 but as GB.

My advice, give it a shot.
    And you are welcome.
    Oh I see! I posted on dec 25th my time but it was past midnight forum time, so it considered my post to be on the 26th, so it said your IHO post was posted yesterday, which to me was the 24th but to the forum was the 25th, and it said your post, regarding it not being ready, was on the 24th, but that was my 23rd, so it confused me, when you actually posted, you happened to post it 20 minutes short of 24hrs from telling me it wasn't ready. Lol. Glad thats cleared up! Lol.

Yay its ready! I'll try it and decide if i'll keep it or not thanks! Also, I think you should make it its own thread, cause its only one of dozens of IHO roms on that thread. And as I think harmonia is the best froyo rom for the v, I think harmonia 2 is, or will become, the best gingerbread rom for it also.

Thanks, and i'll let you guys know what happens.
    12-26-2011 11:36 AM
    I love your rom so much i am hesitant to move to the gb one. What's the best reason to move to it? Can i use a cassette adapter And be able to answer the phone without unplugging like other gb roms? Thanks so much
    All IHO roms have this issue, I'm not sure how it could be remedied easily, but I don't like it either.

The best reasons?
    More security, the power widget and of course the new Market functions properly. Otherwise there isn't much different.

I think you should make it its own thread, cause its only one of dozens of IHO roms on that thread. And as I think harmonia is the best froyo rom for the v, I think harmonia 2 is, or will become, the best gingerbread rom for it also.
    It probably will at some point.
    There is only half a dozen IHO roms actually.
    Only 3, maybe 4 are actually active, and are not generic builds.
    notufatjesus likes this.
    12-26-2011 04:15 PM
    Thanks for the response.. Have to stay with froyo until someone can figure that out.

12-26-2011 08:37 PM

I love everything about IHO except for the fact that I can't use the internal mic while something is plugged into the headphone jack. But I do find that for me, at the end of the day, the benefits outweigh that one minus.

In the car I use bluetooth for calls, but i like to use the mic to speak a destination into Navigation. Typing while driving is bad news. Lol. So while also listening to music I have to pull out the cable to speak. Then plug it back in. Fiddling with cables while driving is also bad news.

Sent via VM670
    12-27-2011 05:43 PM
    LeslieAnn, or whoever might be able to help: I gave Harmonia 2 a try but had battery issues (as noted in the H2 thread), so flashed back to my 1.7 backup (complete wipe). Now my Power button does not work, in that it does nothing at all.

Is there a fix? How do I restore/flash or get into recovery now?

Thank you.

~~

Edit. I installed the Terminal app, so I'm all set with flashing, etc. But is there a fix for the Power Button, or do I do a warranty return?
    12-29-2011 11:50 AM
    Wipe out as much as possible and then re-install. The problems you are seeing are unrelated (so not hardware) and not a problem on other phones (so not software). Odds are you are getting a bad flash/download.
    12-29-2011 08:43 PM
    Wipe out as much as possible and then re-install. The problems you are seeing are unrelated (so not hardware) and not a problem on other phones (so not software). Odds are you are getting a bad flash/download.
    Yeah. I understand that the battery issue in v2, and the Power Button in v1.7 are unrelated, but I flashed back to 1.7 so that the battery would last longer.

I did do a complete wipe before installing v2, but used a backup to go back to v1.7. I will try a complete wipe and reinstall of v1.7 and see if it helps. I did find others on the web that had Power Button issues with the OV though. I'll update to this thread after more effort.

Optimus V without Power Button = day without sunshine. Heh.

Thank you, and Happy New Year.
    12-29-2011 09:49 PM
    Well, I did everything that I could imagine. Even went back to stock and removed root. Power button is dead. Sigh. I called Virgin and they're sending me a refurb as a replacement. It will likely be v2.2 (double sigh) but I'll do what I can with it. May be time to find another phone to play with.
    12-30-2011 11:15 AM
1,892 ... 5859606162 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD