10-31-2015 01:11 PM
1,892 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    1. Transitions on froyo have often been odd, but I believe are handled by the launcher. That launcher isn't exactly fantastic. Fast, but nothing more. Could also be a flash/download/wipe issue issue.

2. The wifi is probably more stable on this than any other rom, it's all stock LG. Could also be a flash/download/wipe issue issue.

3. sounds like an app or a flash/download/wipe issue issue.

This should run just like the original rom did, only better. It isn't a cobbled together hacked up rom, it's a rebuilt, highly tweaked stock, using updated factory drivers and all very thoroughly tested. If something doesn't run right, it's almost never the rom itself.
    Im sorry. I thought this was the 2.0 version. Yeah i have handcent. My main concern was the wifi issue. Guess i did it in the wrong thread
    02-25-2012 02:43 PM
    I will be flashing this rom rom my wife simi retired OV as in like forever!!!!!! I do not intent to flashing any more roms on this ov, before I flash it I have a couple of questions ...
    1 which recovery do YOU recommend (ov 2.2.1) for x.4 I have debugg.zip
    2.I will be checking md5
    3.I might want to flash one of the .bar.zip(with the battery %) will this affect anything?
    4. is English and Spanish on the rom.zip or will I have to flash the language. zip
    thanks!!!!!
    Iam interested in flash 1.7 or should I go with an older versions?
    p.s you might ask your self why not flash it and try it??
    A.. my SD card is full, I don't have a computer, I don't want to loose all my apps/data/system/message.and one more thing the phone has been pass down to my mom. which it's a 3 hour drive.. thanks!!!!!
    02-25-2012 09:59 PM
    I will be flashing this rom rom my wife simi retired OV as in like forever!!!!!! I do not intent to flashing any more roms on this ov, before I flash it I have a couple of questions ...
    1 which recovery do YOU recommend (ov 2.2.1) for x.4 I have debugg.zip
    2.I will be checking md5
    3.I might want to flash one of the .bar.zip(with the battery %) will this affect anything?
    4. is English and Spanish on the rom.zip or will I have to flash the language. zip
    thanks!!!!!
    Iam interested in flash 1.7 or should I go with an older versions?
    p.s you might ask your self why not flash it and try it??
    A.. my SD card is full, I don't have a computer, I don't want to loose all my apps/data/system/message.and one more thing the phone has been pass down to my mom. which it's a 3 hour drive.. thanks!!!!!
    For this rom I used xenonia which should be in the op. You are going to need to backup your apps and data with something like titanium backup and do a full wipe before flashing the rom. Then download titanium backup from the market and restore your apps. As for the version use whatever is the most up to date she has posted so you get all the modifications and fixes that have been put into it. As for the bar I never flashed it when I was on this rom so honestly I have no idea on that. To check the md5 there's a free app called check md5 it works great.
    Badboytoast likes this.
    02-25-2012 10:07 PM
    Can somebody explain how this rom managed to improve my camera? I have the Optimus V, not exactly famed for its dinky 3.2 MP shooter. It was horrible in low light and just passable otherwise. Since I flashed Harmonia, though, the phone takes stellar shots. Super crisp and the low light photos are actually useable. I just don't understand how a new OS can overcome the shortcomings of the built-in phone. Not like it can add megapixels. I know it's not my imagination – the proof is in my photo albums. How is it possible? If somebody tells me it's magic, I'll believe it.
    02-28-2012 12:26 AM
    It's magic.

All hardware is controlled by software. In the camera, software determines the low light reading and compensates based on what it reads. The same with everything else camera related. So yes, software can make a difference not just by changing how it reads settings, but also by changing how it responds to those readings.

As for Harmonia 1.7, it has parts of the original OV rom, the newer OV rom, a bit of updated/tweaked Optimus S Froyo rom and a custom kernel.
    02-28-2012 12:49 AM
    Well, I'd call that a form of magic. Magic to me, anyway. Thanks for the clear explanation. I'm off to let everybody know that I'm not crazy, after all.
    02-28-2012 12:53 AM
    I think I'm going to retire my ov as a music player/Web browser when I make the transition to the evo. Going to put this ROM on for the beast battery life.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-28-2012 01:17 AM
    Well, I'd call that a form of magic. Magic to me, anyway. Thanks for the clear explanation. I'm off to let everybody know that I'm not crazy, after all.
    Amazing what a good rom can do isn't it (and how bad the stock one is)?
    02-28-2012 01:36 AM
    ive been wanting to try a froyo rom this may be my go getter
    02-28-2012 01:47 AM
    ive been wanting to try a froyo rom this may be my go getter
    It's the best out there and to the best of my knowledge the only one still supported and developed.
    02-28-2012 09:36 AM
    There is another Froyo (Stock Overdrive), but it's not as sorted or complete yet.
    02-28-2012 02:41 PM
    Sorry, but is there a modified black version of the mms.apk for this particular rom/device? I'm coming from Harmonia 2, but I would like to use the stock messaging app as much as possible (Handcent always has trouble sending MMS). Thanks!
    02-28-2012 07:26 PM
    02-28-2012 07:53 PM
    Try these, they will work with this:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...heme-mods.html
    Thanks for the quick reply! However, I just read through the whole thread (flashed a theme and mods from there earlier), but nothing on a modified mms.apk. I even tried googling for it, but the links were either outdated or for other devices.
    02-28-2012 08:05 PM
    One really big bonus with this ROM is the internal space, which in my case nearly tripled. I assume that's a result of a lot of trimming of unnecessary files. Presently, I have 106 MB of available internal space where I was accustomed to hovering around 30-40. In spite of that, a few times in the past week, I've seen the "insufficient space" message when trying to install new apps. This baffles me. Is there another set of numbers I should look at when assessing how much free space I have to install new stuff?
    02-29-2012 01:11 PM
    Clear your cache and Dalvik cache when that happens and it should go away.
    Sometimes those load up and will give you that error
    02-29-2012 03:15 PM
    Easy at that. Thanks again, LeslieAnn.
    02-29-2012 04:27 PM
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to make a shout out to LeslieAnn, Picasticks, and all the devs involved in this lovely ROM. I started my journey with flashing about two weeks ago and have learned a lot. For the first time flasher, all the info on the internet and forums can be very confusing, especially when you are as old as I am (60ish). As such, I've made my share of mistakes. Things like having the Hitachi screen and trying to use ROM Manager to install the recovery. Learned a lot about using adb, and the Android filesystem and structure to get me out of that predicament.

I tried some of the CM7 ROMs, and while they seem to be getting very mature and bugfree, my battery life was quite bad (I use bluetooth a LOT and I suspect that may be the culprit).

Next I tried Harmonia 1.7 and was again met with the "black screen of death". I tried to flash the Picasticks kernel over the ROM and still no joy. After much reading of various threads and trial and error, I finally figured out that there is a difference between the picasticks-07a kernel referenced in this thread and the pica07remix kernel linked to by bigsupersquid in a different thread.

So I now have a working Harmonia 1.7 ROM on my Optimus V and the results have been very satisfying. Battery life, even with bluetooth running 24/7, has been wonderful (I use an XLink Bluetooth Gateway to link my Optimus V to all the extension phones around the house). The WiFi Hotspot seems to be very reliable and usable. And I have a lot more room on the phone for installing programs and such.

Again, I just wanted to say thanks to LeslieAnn and all the people involved in the assembly and tuning of this ROM. I am now quite proud of my little Android!

Red Oscar
    03-01-2012 08:21 AM
    The Pikasticks here is actually the same Picasticks rom, however it was reworked by BigSuperSquid to add support for newer screens (he released a patched version of Picasticks as well, but I don't know where it is off hand). Unfortunately newer phones are fickle in terms of memory and the kernel sometimes doesn't want to take (that is something I need to figure out). Otherwise it works fine on all OV's.

Glad you got it in and working (and like it).
    These phones aren't the newest or the fastest or... Well, almost anything really, but they are tough little things with very few bugs that just work well and only get better with a good rom.
    redoscar3 likes this.
    03-01-2012 02:49 PM
    I'm just glad I found the winning combination of steps necessary to get everything working on my Optimus V. As far as I'm concerned, this ROM is a keeper. Thanks for all your hard work on it. I only wish I had the skills necessary to produce such a fine product.
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    03-01-2012 07:59 PM
    any word on how we can get our market updated to the play store now?
    03-07-2012 01:23 PM
    any word on how we can get our market updated to the play store now?
    I would suggest downloading the apk then replacing the apk in system/app

03-07-2012 01:27 PM
    I would suggest downloading the apk then replacing the apk in system/app

If you install it like normal, it asks you if you want to replace the application. So, I could be wrong, but I think it ends up there anyway.

03-07-2012 03:42 PM
    Well, huh. I flashed one of the gray bars and everything seemed to go smoothly. On reboot though, it got stuck on the Virgin Mobile logo and that's all I've seen for roughly 15 minutes now. I know a slow boot is expected, but should I be giving up on the idea that it's just going to spring to life?

UPDATE: Stayed frozen on the logo for another ten minutes. I got impatient, did a battery pull, booted into recovery. Sweet relief when the recovery screen appeared. Restored from the backup I made just before attempting to install the new status bar and now everything seems perfectly fine. Very cool because I've never seen a nandroid backup in action. I'd still like to flash one of the status bars, but I probably should pin down what I did wrong before I give it another go. As I recall, all I did was boot into recovery, backed up and then clicked install from SD card (or however that's worded.) If anyone sees a glaring error in those steps, please let me know.
    03-09-2012 10:17 PM
    You need wipe the cache and then, under advanced, wipe the dalvik cache. Then flash the zip.
    03-09-2012 11:06 PM
1,892 ... 6162636465 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD