10-31-2015 02:11 PM
1,892 ... 6465666768 ...
tools
    Haha oops, that was carried over when I updated the installer. And yeah, no big deal.
    Thanks, I made a note of it for next time. There is always something.
    04-14-2012 09:52 PM
    my screen is black and when i flash it said haronia 2
    04-14-2012 11:25 PM
    I flashed and got the normal harmonia boot. @ LeslieAnn I can verify that this rom will flash with touch recovery with no issues. Very nicely done.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-15-2012 12:06 AM
    i flashed it again and now i have sound but still cant see anything
    04-15-2012 12:12 AM
    i flashed it again and now i have sound but still cant see anything
    It's either a bad download or a stubborn phone.
    Check the MD5 on the file on your sdcard to make sure you have a good rom.zip and be sure to wipe everything except the sdcard. My Easy Wipe Zips make that easy to do.
    04-15-2012 12:36 AM
    how would i replace the launcher with the slider rom launcher
    04-15-2012 01:25 AM
    Just use a root file manager to copy the file over, there is no guarantee it will work though. I seem to think Slider was more of a port than just a launcher.
    04-15-2012 02:06 AM
    I think I've discovered something possibly broken. Under settings where you select a keyboard there is one called eyes free keyboard or something close. I was curious and selected it and instantly got the application force close message. While keeping that keyboard selected, there would be a force close about every 5 seconds. I did a complete wipe before installing, can anyone else confirm this?

I really like this rom by the way, great job!
    04-15-2012 12:47 PM
    I'm a noob who has been using the stock VM/LG build since I bought the phone over a year ago. I always thought it was a decent phone for the price and the only major point of unhappiness was the relatively small amount of available memory for apps.

I finally made the time to read up and understand the key concepts so I could root my phone with Gingerbreak, add the VM670NH_recovery and flash the Harmonia 1.7 ROM. (I updated to 1.8 yesterday.)

I had a decent phone before, but now I've got a great one! The improved performance is noticeable. The increased available memory is awesome - I've installed a ton of apps and still have a bunch of memory left. I'm really pleased that I don't have to look at all the icons and widgets for the crummy bloat apps that I never used.

I wish I had done this a long time ago, but I guess an advantage of showing up late to this party is that the code is mature and everything works perfectly!

So, thanks go to LeslieAnn and everyone else who's contributed to this ROM - you've done great work.
    04-15-2012 02:10 PM
    is there anyway someone can make this rom compatable with the new optimus v
    04-15-2012 02:48 PM
    I'm pretty sure it is.

This space intentionally left blank.
    04-15-2012 03:01 PM
    it is not
    04-15-2012 03:13 PM
    it is not
    I second that! And I would love to try this. However, when I flash all I get is black screen

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-15-2012 03:24 PM
    same here i flashed it over the bummlebee rom and i got sound working
    04-15-2012 03:28 PM
    It is. Just flash the picasticks remix kernel right after flashing the rom.

dobbs69 likes this.
    04-15-2012 03:36 PM
    Thanks, I'll try that now

Edit; Flashed and works great . I didn't see in instructions in op for picasticks remix for new ovs. Thanks again. Really nice rom
    04-15-2012 03:46 PM

Edit; Flashed and works great . I didn't see in instructions in op for picasticks remix for new ovs. Thanks again. Really nice rom
    You shouldn't have to but some of the new ov's have bad memory and the kernel doesn't stick, so you have to reflash it

dobbs69 likes this.
    04-15-2012 05:07 PM
    I think I've discovered something possibly broken. Under settings where you select a keyboard there is one called eyes free keyboard or something close.
    That is from something else you installed.
    Thanks!

I wish I had done this a long time ago, but I guess an advantage of showing up late to this party is that the code is mature and everything works perfectly!

So, thanks go to LeslieAnn and everyone else who's contributed to this ROM - you've done great work.
    You're welcome.
    Actually Harmonia has been around for quite a long time and always been a good stable rom. Glad you finally did it though, roms really make the OV come out of it's little shell.

It already is.

it is not
    Yes, it is.

You just flashed the same kernel as the rom comes with. The only difference is that your phone took it this time.

You shouldn't have to but some of the new ov's have bad memory and the kernel doesn't stick, so you have to reflash it
    Exactly.
    I need to take a look at the install script and see if it can be improved, maybe there is a way to make it stick better.
    dobbs69 likes this.
    04-15-2012 06:47 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tejer
    I think I've discovered something possibly broken. Under settings where you select a keyboard there is one called eyes free keyboard or something close.

That is from something else you installed.
    Thanks!
    Actually Leslie Ann, I don't think so, precisely - I think Google Play installs an updated TalkBack which installs this Eyes Free Keyboard. I deleted it with ES File Explorer (in system/app folder, from your own guide about gapss: com.google.android.marvin.talkback Provides keyboard feedback through voice. Safe to remove), rebooted and it was gone.

I also would like to give thanks for maintaining this ROM. I came here from BACKside because CM7 has bugs with using a phone headset, and this does not! Sure I miss some functionality but most of it I can get back with other apps, and it's a phone first, it needs to work well as a phone!
    04-15-2012 07:34 PM
    Strange, I will take a look when I get a chance.
    Thanks.

And I totally understand about it being a phone first.
    04-15-2012 08:11 PM
    Exactly.
    I need to take a look at the install script and see if it can be improved, maybe there is a way to make it stick better.
    I would test but I have the old screen, lucky me
    04-15-2012 09:49 PM
    Thanks Leslie Ann
    04-15-2012 10:31 PM
    Thank-you LeslieAnn! I just downloaded Harmonia 1.7 a few days ago, and was about to flash it. However; I checked the forum first a.d you have updated to 1.8? Great!
    04-15-2012 10:40 PM
    I am unable to get 1.8 to start. I tried coming from 1.7 and from 2.05, and in both cases, it just reboots to recovery after the Harmonia logo. I tried the fix recovery boot loop option as well. Any suggestions?
    04-16-2012 09:48 AM
    I am unable to get 1.8 to start. I tried coming from 1.7 and from 2.05, and in both cases, it just reboots to recovery after the Harmonia logo. I tried the fix recovery boot loop option as well. Any suggestions?
    Try flashing twice in a row. There's a problem with the kernel sticking.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-16-2012 10:00 AM
1,892 ... 6465666768 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD