10-31-2015 02:11 PM
1,892 ... 6566676869 ...
tools
    Cool. I did it twice (or 4 times? lol) and it worked. Thanks.
    04-16-2012 10:21 AM
    Leslieann,

Thanks for the update. I am running 1.8 since I have done the V9 radio update and was getting the reboots while sending SMS. Once I did a clean install of the ROM, I could not get geolocation to work in either browser or beautiful widgets. I checked the setting in Location & Security and had a check next to "use wireless networks". Usually upon unchecking that setting and rechecking that setting, I would get a location consent popup. With your latest update I did not. I pulled the NetworkLocation.apk from the Harmonious Bumblebee Rom and replaced it in System/App, set permissions to rw-r-r and rebooted the phone. After going in and checking the setting in Location & Security, I now get the location consent popup and geolocation works in all my apps. Just thought I would let you know that it may be broken in the latest update, but it is easily fixable or maybe I am the only one running into the issue. Either way, thank you for the great Rom.
    04-16-2012 11:59 AM
    I am running 1.8 with the V9 radio update, it is working great, I have much better coverage!

However this morning in my pocket I had the lockscreen unlocked and my pocket changed the wallpaper on me. I'd like to get it back to the black & grey default (brambles background? don't know what you'd call it) but it doesn't show up in the stock wallpaper picker. How can I get it back? I searched, couldn't come up with the answer (just a lot of folks asking for the file itself).
    04-16-2012 01:04 PM
    I am running 1.8 with the V9 radio update, it is working great, I have much better coverage!

However this morning in my pocket I had the lockscreen unlocked and my pocket changed the wallpaper on me. I'd like to get it back to the black & grey default (brambles background? don't know what you'd call it) but it doesn't show up in the stock wallpaper picker. How can I get it back? I searched, couldn't come up with the answer (just a lot of folks asking for the file itself).
    Its located in framework.apk/res/drawable/default_wallpaper.png there's no way on the phone to get it back unless you reset or extract the wallpaper png from the apk.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    makingmark likes this.
    04-16-2012 01:10 PM

I'm uploading this from tapatalk so I'm not sure if its full resolution, but there you are

04-16-2012 02:46 PM
    Leslieann,

Thanks for the update. I am running 1.8 since I have done the V9 radio update and was getting the reboots while sending SMS. Once I did a clean install of the ROM, I could not get geolocation to work in either browser or beautiful widgets. I checked the setting in Location & Security and had a check next to "use wireless networks". Usually upon unchecking that setting and rechecking that setting, I would get a location consent popup. With your latest update I did not. I pulled the NetworkLocation.apk from the Harmonious Bumblebee Rom and replaced it in System/App, set permissions to rw-r-r and rebooted the phone. After going in and checking the setting in Location & Security, I now get the location consent popup and geolocation works in all my apps. Just thought I would let you know that it may be broken in the latest update, but it is easily fixable or maybe I am the only one running into the issue. Either way, thank you for the great Rom.
    Hmm, yeah I swapped a few files, their signing was what caused the Play issues before, seems that may be one I should have left.

While not much actually changed, quite a few file signings did. Once I get more of an idea of what needs to go back, I'll post a new build hopefully correcting those and with luck, a better installer.

The default wallpaper acts weird because of how stripped down the rom is.
    The wallpaper and optional colors are in post #2.
    04-16-2012 04:08 PM
    Just want to report I also have the issue reported by krowley3. It showed up as my News & Weather widget not being able to find my location. No biggie for now, I can try krowley's fix.
    04-16-2012 08:20 PM
    If you can't get it to work, let me know and I will make a patch.

I still want to look into the installer before I do an update, which should fix that issue.
    04-16-2012 08:44 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a way to make Harmonia 1.8 compatible with the ext3 file system? I'd like my SD-EXT partition to be formatted ext3.

Edit: Never mind. It looks like it has to built into the kernel.

Jim
    04-16-2012 08:55 PM
    I'm a bit confused right now. I'm on a non-OV (old/orig) LG Opitmus. I'm running harmonia 2.06. Should I be using this instead? I understand that one is gingerbread and this is still froyo, but what do you guys recommend overall?!
    04-17-2012 01:39 AM
    I'm a bit confused right now. I'm on a non-OV (old/orig) LG Opitmus. I'm running harmonia 2.06. Should I be using this instead? I understand that one is gingerbread and this is still froyo, but what do you guys recommend overall?!
    What is your goals and needs?

Harmonia 1 has better stability and bluetooth compatibility.
    Harmonia 2 has better security, and faster speed for gaming.

Both have excellent battery life, but Harmonia 1 is pretty much the battery king.
    04-17-2012 01:51 AM
    Thank you for laying it out like that. It begs to ask one question.
    I'm using v2, and I've used bluetooth headset & file-xfer (via ES) with no issues. I didn't know it was 'broken' in v2, certainly not for me! =).

After reading your breakdown I'll safely conclude v2 is where I should be, thank you very much for the response!.
    04-17-2012 03:14 AM
    Thank you for laying it out like that. It begs to ask one question.

I'm using v2, and I've used bluetooth headset & file-xfer (via ES) with no issues. I didn't know it was 'broken' in v2, certainly not for me! =).

After reading your breakdown I'll safely conclude v2 is where I should be, thank you very much for the response!.
    I said better, not that it was broken. LOL
    04-17-2012 03:48 AM
    What is your goals and needs?

Harmonia 2 has better security, and faster speed for gaming.

Both have excellent battery life, but Harmonia 1 is pretty much the battery king.
    Harmonia is a guy? I always thought of it as a girl.
    droidmyme likes this.
    04-17-2012 01:00 PM
    I almost said queen, but by (stupid and outdated) patriarchal definitions, a king is higher than a queen.

Harmonia was actually a goddess, so technically she would be higher than a king.
    jru likes this.
    04-17-2012 03:16 PM
    Hi, I just flashed 1.6 edify and i will boot it up into a black screen, the phone works because i can feel it vibrate when i slide my finger across, the back light works but no picture shows up? Im going from MIUI to this ROM, Recovery still works and all, i have backup ROMS on my SD card that work i just wanna know if i can get this ROM on my phone, or if you can suggest any other 2.2 ROMs? Thanks!
    04-17-2012 10:58 PM
    Hi, I just flashed 1.6 edify and i will boot it up into a black screen, the phone works because i can feel it vibrate when i slide my finger across, the back light works but no picture shows up? Im going from MIUI to this ROM, Recovery still works and all, i have backup ROMS on my SD card that work i just wanna know if i can get this ROM on my phone, or if you can suggest any other 2.2 ROMs? Thanks!
    Well one page back there is an answer to this just flash the picasticks remix kernel. You may want to put this in the OP LeslieAnn
    04-17-2012 11:24 PM
    YOu had a bad install, and why are you flashing 1.6? That is really old.
    04-18-2012 01:22 AM
    Lul me 2. Harmonia the queen of battery.

Although, now that it mentions it my battery lasts for about 2 or 3 hrs then I recharge... Is this typical?

04-18-2012 01:35 AM
    Lul me 2. Harmonia the queen of battery.

Although, now that it mentions it my battery lasts for about 2 or 3 hrs then I recharge... Is this typical?

That is not typical at all. I can use my phone for 2 days running this ROM before needing to recharge. Looks like its time for a new battery.
    droidmyme likes this.
    04-18-2012 01:40 AM
    That or time to reset battery stats.
    droidmyme likes this.
    04-18-2012 03:34 AM
    YOu had a bad install, and why are you flashing 1.6? That is really old.
    Because I tried the newest one but it didnt work either, im running Harmonia 2, all i need is the Remix Kernel? and flash that like a regular ROM?
    04-18-2012 03:43 PM
    Because I tried the newest one but it didnt work either, im running Harmonia 2, all i need is the Remix Kernel? and flash that like a regular ROM?
    That should fix it.
    Odd that 1.6 worked but not 1.8, the only files changed are in the system/app folder, and minor text changes in build.prop and the installer. Nothing that could effect that changed.
    04-18-2012 04:14 PM
    Harmonia 1.8 released!
    Now includes Google Play Store, which now works for purchases (verified!).
    Other updates include Superuser, Gmail and a few other internal files.

That was a pain was getting Google Play store to work, but it does, all that work with Gapps on ICS and such really paid off. It was sort of a combination of things, wrong files, wrong signatures, missing files... Once I started rebuilding things I was able to work out where the issue was.

Oh, and the statusbars still work.
    Updaters can probably just wipe Dalvik, but as usual, you may lose space and will have to re-flash your statusbar. Backup first because there is no guarantees.
    This is great! Thank you for your hard work, LeslieAnn.

I do have a question about 1.8. U say the CPU is at stock speed and needs an app. But doesn't the Picasticks kernel automatically overclock the CPU?

04-18-2012 05:04 PM
    This is great! Thank you for your hard work, LeslieAnn.

I do have a question about 1.8. U say the CPU is at stock speed and needs an app. But doesn't the Picasticks kernel automatically overclock the CPU?
    Some say the stand alone does, this one does not, not every phone can overclock.
    04-18-2012 07:02 PM
1,892 ... 6566676869 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD