10-31-2015 02:11 PM
1,892 ... 56789 ...
tools
    It would be great if we could figure out and fix the Time Without Signal problem on these phones. Of course, my TWS is always over 60% so I don't know if that's due to poor signal in my area or not. The phone supposedly scans for a signal even if it does have a signal already.
    You can try that PRL trick and have access to more towers. Might help battery life too.
    04-26-2011 01:21 AM
    You can try that PRL trick and have access to more towers. Might help battery life too.
    Yup, already did the PRL trick, but it didn't help me. Airplane mode toggle doesn't help either. I guess I'm screwed until I move to Denver this summer.
    04-26-2011 01:23 AM
    It would be great if we could figure out and fix the Time Without Signal problem on these phones. Of course, my TWS is always over 60% so I don't know if that's due to poor signal in my area or not. The phone supposedly scans for a signal even if it does have a signal already.
    That's a CDMA bug I think. Effects all CDMA android phones, regardless of OS version, as far as I know.
    04-26-2011 01:28 AM
    I believe that this is a display bug, because the phone will display 50% time without a signal immediately after boot.

There is a thread on the XDA forums with an app called xtr50fix. It sets the phone to airplane mode for 10 seconds after boot, which resets the radio and fixes the 50% problem. The thread says 2.1 only, but it works perfectly on my phone with 2.2.

Check it out - [APP] 50% time without a signal fix - 2/2/2011 - xda-developers
    04-26-2011 02:35 AM
    Recommended recovery:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...v-edition.html
    It is what is used in Mmmark111's RomTools found here:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...-features.html
    The recovery from the linked thread and the one included with RomTools are different sizes/dates. Is there one that's preferred?
    04-26-2011 04:51 AM
    The recovery from the linked thread and the one included with RomTools are different sizes/dates. Is there one that's preferred?
    They should work the same.
    04-26-2011 05:04 AM
    Harmonia 1.1 released

This should correct the battery issues.
    I encourage everyone to wipe and wipe Dalvik.

Changes:
    I dropped another .25 meg and Picasticks and I are confident we found the wifi battery issue and corrected it. Once I know for certain that it's fixed I'll let people in on what caused it and what we found out in turn.
    04-26-2011 06:47 AM
    Harmonia 1.1 released

This should correct the battery issues.
    I encourage everyone to wipe and wipe Dalvik.

Changes:
    I dropped another .25 meg and Picasticks and I are confident we found the wifi battery issue and corrected it. Once I know for certain that it's fixed I'll let people in on what caused it and what we found out in turn.
    I'm flashing it right now and can report back within a few hours. Thanks again for your efforts.

Cheers
    04-26-2011 10:18 AM
    Ok I flashed 1.1 will let you know
    04-26-2011 10:30 AM
    Wiping and flashing as I type this.

I cannot thank you enough for the continued support (and I'd imagine very long evenings).

Very much appreciated!

Edit: Phone functions are all working as expected, and I'm going to attempt to gauge some battery usage starting with a fully charged device. The extra space savings from the previous release (every bit helps!) is a nice bonus, as well!
    Onward!

Edit 2: WOW! I'm now averaging 1%-2% an hour average on my device with Harmonia 1.1. I've literally not had this kind battery conservation since Rodimus. Same 'everyday' usage I always go with (a bit more actually since I clean installed my apps and configured). Used Quadrant Standrard (mid/low 600's as I'd expected), Light phone-function usage, WiFi always on, 3G not enabled (someone else will have to run a 3G heavy test at some point, I have WiFi 90% daily).

I have no clue what was changed, but whatever it was, for me - YMMV - has been particularly noticeable and thus far just outstanding.

Thank you!

-K
    04-26-2011 10:35 AM
    I believe that this is a display bug, because the phone will display 50% time without a signal immediately after boot.

There is a thread on the XDA forums with an app called xtr50fix. It sets the phone to airplane mode for 10 seconds after boot, which resets the radio and fixes the 50% problem. The thread says 2.1 only, but it works perfectly on my phone with 2.2.

Check it out - [APP] 50% time without a signal fix - 2/2/2011 - xda-developers
    I rebooted the phone, and about a minute after reboot I checked stats again and it's still at 67%. I'll plug it in to a full charge, turn phone off before i disconnect the cable and then restart on battery power and see what it shows.
    04-26-2011 12:30 PM
    I rebooted the phone, and about a minute after reboot I checked stats again and it's still at 67%. I'll plug it in to a full charge, turn phone off before i disconnect the cable and then restart on battery power and see what it shows.
    Don't turn it off. Just plug in power for a moment. That will reset the stats. If you start on battery power, the 50% TWS bug can mess up your stats before the airplane toggle trick is implemented. After you remove the power, you'll see correct stats from that moment on.
    04-26-2011 12:46 PM
    Don't turn it off. Just plug in power for a moment. That will reset the stats. If you start on battery power, the 50% TWS bug can mess up your stats before the airplane toggle trick is implemented. After you remove the power, you'll see correct stats from that moment on.
    Gotcha.

Wow, TWS popped up at 25%. I'll update.
    04-26-2011 01:04 PM
    * SO FAR....

After an hour and a half of usage, I've dropped 1%. I've received a few emails and texts, that's about it so far. I leave wifi on all the time via y5 battery saver since I use sipdroid. I typically only use 3g while I'm driving or away from home/work.

I'll update again in a few hours.

Cheers
    04-26-2011 03:07 PM
    * SO FAR....

After an hour and a half of usage, I've dropped 1%. I've received a few emails and texts, that's about it so far. I leave wifi on all the time via y5 battery saver since I use sipdroid. I typically only use 3g while I'm driving or away from home/work.

I'll update again in a few hours.

Cheers
    I'm seeing approximately the same usage you are, jmel. I edited and noted my experiences a few posts up, and it seems we're seeing the same behavior. If anything changes or is noted, please update your findings, and I'll do the same.

So far, so awesome. Time is the only thing we really need now.

-K
    04-26-2011 03:15 PM
    With version 1.1 of harmonia, the yelp app force closes on launch every time. 1.0 worked fine, and I did a full format and wipe prior to flashing.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-26-2011 03:20 PM
    With version 1.1 of harmonia, the yelp app force closes on launch every time. 1.0 worked fine, and I did a full format and wipe prior to flashing.

Did you do a restore plus data or just reinstall the app?
    04-26-2011 03:26 PM
    I reinstalled the app through the market. When it first force closed, I installed and reinstalled, then tried running it without the SD card mounted. No change. I haven't done any restore, I always start new when I flash a new ROM.
    04-26-2011 03:35 PM
    See http://pastebin.com/5KtHSj5t for a snip of my alogcat section showing a bunch of warnings and errors in the dalvik VM
    04-26-2011 03:48 PM
    Yelp isn't an app I generally use, but I threw it on and installed to confirm.

Yelp is, indeed, FC'ing for me as well when attempting to launch it.

-K
    04-26-2011 03:49 PM
    Only problem I'm having is that the stock email app will not connect to yahoo any ideas?

04-26-2011 04:26 PM
    Only problem I'm having is that the stock email app will not connect to yahoo any ideas?

I have an old 'throw-away' yahoo email account and just tried logging in through the stock app. Before it attempts to connect, I receive:

!ATTENTION

Mailbox access is not supported for some types of Yahoo! mail accounts. If you have trouble connecting, visit yahoo.com for more information.

Are you not getting that pop up, wrath?

-K

Edit: Heh. My 69th post. Heh. Heh heh. I'm apparently 7 years old.
    04-26-2011 04:38 PM
    I have an old 'throw-away' yahoo email account and just tried logging in through the stock app. Before it attempts to connect, I receive:

!ATTENTION

Mailbox access is not supported for some types of Yahoo! mail accounts. If you have trouble connecting, visit yahoo.com for more information.

Are you not getting that pop up, wrath?

-K

Edit: Heh. My 69th post. Heh. Heh heh. I'm apparently 7 years old.
    Yep that's exactly what I get

04-26-2011 04:45 PM
    I am getting force close on the movies app as well...
    04-26-2011 04:52 PM
    Yelp! I can confirm and I suspect it has to do with me removing that last bit in the update.

Movies might too if it's tracking your location.
    I'll put one of the files back in, that I removed and re-test Yelp.

Yahoo.com doesn't support external mail programs and are always blocking anything that manages to do it. Yahoo.ca has no problems with it. Anyhow, I changed nothing in regards to email, but it's possible they too are using geolocation of sorts.
    04-26-2011 04:57 PM
1,892 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD