10-31-2015 01:11 PM
1,892 ... 6869707172 ...
tools
    I just installed Harmonia 1.6.1c.... FLAWLESSLY. Everything went exactly as she stated, as if she just performed everything on MY phone and then told me how to do it. Now, I didn't use EVERY SINGLE app she mentioned. I used others based on reviews and results, but I definitely used her guidance. Now, I have a phone that works faster that when I bought it new! All the bloatware is gone! When I hold my OV now, it feels like I'm sitting in a finely tuned sports car with the engine at idle.

Thank you so much for all that you do, LeslieAnn! I really appreciate your hard work and willingness to share your expertise.
    Glad to see another happy user.

I wish more people would take the plunge (and willing to read!), we wouldn't have phone companies acting the way they do, and we wouldn't have as many bricks as we get if everyone demanded rooted phones. Not to mention how much more they would enjoy their phones.

When the OV came out it was okay, rooting it made it truly spectacular. Today, stock is absolutely pathetic, especially after a year of use, as you found out. It's amazing what a nice rom does to this cheap little phone.

Virgin seems to be learning about bloat, which is good, but they should still lighten up on the rooting.
    05-21-2012 02:08 PM
    I just installed Harmonia 1.6.1c.
    Just curious. Why would you install Harmonia 1.6.1c vs. Harmonia 1.8?
    05-22-2012 04:29 AM
    Sorry. My mistake. That was the build number in the thread name, but I actually downloaded/installed 1.8.
    05-22-2012 09:03 AM
    Hi ppl (and LeslieAnn),

I am using Harmonia 1.8. Absolutely love it, except for one small annoyance. When I have a voice call active, and I switch to another app (to find some information on my phone the caller may need for example), it is very hard to bring back the voice call screen. Trying to pull down the notification bar results (annoyingly) in the lockscreen being pulled up. This glitch happens repeatedly. Trying to open the dialer app opens the phone/contacts screen but not the dialpad. Trying to hold down the Home button and switch doesnt work either. Its very frustrating because I can't get back to my call after pressing buttons frantically for some time.

Has anyone encountered this issue, and perhaps a workaround?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-22-2012 03:43 PM
    I also love this rom - much faster with much better battery life - but I do have one issue:

If I am in maps and then choose navigate or doing a lot of swiping in gallery - my phone locks up and then reboots.

I have searche d thru this thread and some other froyo threads and cannot find anything. Isanyone else seeing this?

Getting a little frustrated because all the roms I have tried have just one or two things broken (at least on my device)

GB roms can't keep my place on podcasts
    Froyo roms have been rebooting

Tried cleaning phone out - used Leslie's wipe zip before

VERY grateful for all the work and knowledge put in here - just wondering if this is just my device or a rom issue.

THanks again
    05-29-2012 07:33 AM
    @leslieann--- saw this and thought youd like it... already resized it... ;-)
    05-29-2012 08:00 AM
    I also love this rom - much faster with much better battery life - but I do have one issue:

If I am in maps and then choose navigate or doing a lot of swiping in gallery - my phone locks up and then reboots.

I have searche d thru this thread and some other froyo threads and cannot find anything. Isanyone else seeing this?

Getting a little frustrated because all the roms I have tried have just one or two things broken (at least on my device)

GB roms can't keep my place on podcasts
    Froyo roms have been rebooting

Tried cleaning phone out - used Leslie's wipe zip before

VERY grateful for all the work and knowledge put in here - just wondering if this is just my device or a rom issue.

THanks again
    Turn down your overclock
    05-29-2012 08:11 AM
    Turn down your overclock
    Holy crap - that seems like it did it. Never occurred to me to do this as I leave it at the default setting. Will keep messing with this, but what seems to be the fastest I can get away with and be stable? Or is this just one of those things that I need to tinker with for my device?

-looks like 600 is it for me - If i even go to 729 the reboots return.

Thats OK with me - I like stability over speed
    05-29-2012 09:09 AM
    [EDIT] Nevermind. I didn't even consider that this was for Novateks until I booted up and had no screen XDD

Isn't there a kernel to use this with new screens?
    05-29-2012 11:16 AM
    [Edit] that was strange. Oh well either way I got it to work. Flashed pica07remix

Btw insanely fast boot time. Like I am amazed at how fast it boots.
    05-29-2012 12:25 PM
    @leslieann--- saw this and thought youd like it... already resized it... ;-)
    Thanks

[Edit] that was strange. Oh well either way I got it to work. Flashed pica07remix
    That is the same kernel as in the rom, only overclocked.

Newer phones have crap memory in them that does not take well to flashing, they are stubborn.
    05-29-2012 02:54 PM
    Is a newer phone the one with the newer screen? Or is there one even newer than that?

Tapatalkin' from my Harmonious HoneyCombSandwich
    05-29-2012 03:13 PM
    Is a newer phone the one with the newer screen? Or is there one even newer than that?

Tapatalkin' from my Harmonious HoneyCombSandwich
    The newest OV would be the Hitachi screen. Other than that, updates have been the radio flash OTA, not hardware. The Optimus has morphed into the Slider and the Elite

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    randomosity117 likes this.
    05-29-2012 07:26 PM
    One issue I found was the network location doesn't pop up with the "agree" or "disagree" disclaimer when activating "use mobile networks" in location and security settings. Pulling the networklocater.apk from the previous build and putting it in system/app and changing the permissions to rw-r-r seemed to have done the trick, just figured I'd put it out there. Love this rom, not as shiny as IHO, but 100 percent stable, no rotation lag, freaking AWESOME battery life. Good job leslieann! Your work is immensely appreciated

Tapatalkin' from my wickedly fast Froyoized V
    LeslieAnn and droidmyme like this.
    06-02-2012 04:45 AM
    Yay!
    Mr. Streater got the thread title working again!

Title updated!
    sellers86, jru and anthonycr like this.
    06-03-2012 12:38 AM
    Having 1 issue. Home button isn't working. Any ideas why?
    06-03-2012 05:33 PM
    Try that button remapper app

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-03-2012 06:50 PM
    Looking for an answer so I am asking around.

I am going to be in puerto rico for two weeks. Virgin Mobiles site says they have coverage in PR. I currently have a Sprint PRL on my phone. Do you know if I would have to have the Virgin Mobile PRL for my phone to work in PR?

Does anyone know a definite answer?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-03-2012 08:07 PM
    Looking for an answer so I am asking around.

I am going to be in puerto rico for two weeks. Virgin Mobiles site says they have coverage in PR. I currently have a Sprint PRL on my phone. Do you know if I would have to have the Virgin Mobile PRL for my phone to work in PR?

Does anyone know a definite answer?

Please stop spamming threads.
    06-03-2012 08:31 PM
    Please stop spamming threads.
    Yea I tried deleting the post but couldn't. How do you delete posts within the app?

06-03-2012 08:38 PM
    Yea I tried deleting the post but couldn't. How do you delete posts within the app?

Click on it. Click modify. Click edit

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-03-2012 08:39 PM
    Click on it. Click modify. Click edit

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Tried that already. There is no option to delete posts.

06-03-2012 08:51 PM
    Probably a bad flash.
    Unless you are on an Optimus S.

Tried that already. There is no option to delete posts.
    You may not be able to with the app.
    06-04-2012 12:49 AM
    Recommendation for a screenshot app? That's the one built-in feature I miss from IHO ROMs.

I've used Bumblebee, Harmonious Bumblebee, and various IHO ROMs. Harmonia 1.8 is the only ROM I've been happy with...fast, stable, and doesn't cause me any grief. Thanks LeslieAnn!
    06-06-2012 04:53 AM
    I have only added thing everyone trends to use daily. More specifically things I used daily.

screenshots just aren't used enough, it's handy, just not necessary. Don't expect Amy new features on this rom.
    06-06-2012 02:41 PM
1,892 ... 6869707172 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD