Updated to 1.85.

Fixed Installer (I hope) no more black screens for those on newer phones
    Faster installer
    Fixed Network location
    Added Harmonia Updater
    Added VMroms app
    Updated Superuser
    Updated Play
    Added a small boot Animation (very lightweight)

This will probably be the last update for Harmonia 1.x, but I will still provide support.
    The main reason is that there is just not much to update anymore.
    droidmyme and mlson like this.
    06-10-2012 07:03 PM
    still need to flash picasticks remix on newer phones, gonna test if it crashes on zv9

update: still crashing on zv9, maybe a new kernel is needed?
    06-10-2012 07:44 PM
    still need to flash picasticks remix on newer phones, gonna test if it crashes on zv9

update: still crashing on zv9, maybe a new kernel is needed?
    Give Rhode a try and see if that flashes properly.
    Frankly, I'm at a loss as to why this happens. Also, what recovery are you using?
    06-10-2012 07:54 PM
    Give Rhode a try and see if that flashes properly.
    Frankly, I'm at a loss as to why this happens. Also, what recovery are you using?
    CWM-green and trying now.

update: blackscreen on rhode as well, had to flash picasticks remix

home key doesnt work on rhode, its not needed for the rom's purpose anyways, just wanted to report
    06-10-2012 07:57 PM
    CWM-green and trying now.

update: blackscreen on rhode as well, had to flash picasticks remix

home key doesnt work on rhode, its not needed for the rom's purpose anyways, just wanted to report
    The home key error is part of the flash issue.
    What roms are flashing properly for you? That way I can tear apart the installer and hopefully fix this once and for all.
    06-10-2012 11:37 PM
    Just FYI some of the build prop edits do not take place. Need to link the values with the equal sign. On that note as well, there are two lines for the WiFi scan interval rate. More than likely non issues but something I noticed.
    06-11-2012 02:25 AM
    I have only added thing everyone trends to use daily. More specifically things I used daily.

screenshots just aren't used enough, it's handy, just not necessary. Don't expect Amy new features on this rom.
    Oh yes, I meant I was looking for a recommendation on a screenshot app I can install separately...not that I wanted it built into the ROM.
    06-11-2012 03:05 AM
    What roms are flashing properly for you? That way I can tear apart the installer and hopefully fix this once and for all.
    IHO and ics roms flash perfectly
    06-11-2012 03:59 AM
    Just FYI some of the build prop edits do not take place. Need to link the values with the equal sign. On that note as well, there are two lines for the WiFi scan interval rate. More than likely non issues but something I noticed.
    Actually, on Froyo, A WHOLE BUNCH of the build.prop is worthless (probably GB as well).

Wifi scan is one such line that is completely useless. Init thunder.rc in the kernel over-rides it on boot. You can change and delete those lines in the build prop and it will do nothing.

I'm not saying the whole thing is useless and some setting it handles are important, but people think it's a master config file and it's not. Believing the build.prop did all it claims it did, caused a ton of issues on Harmonia's launch. We left wifi scan out of the kernel hoping I could tune it with the build.prop, instead it ran wild and drained batteries insanely fast.

IHO and ics roms flash perfectly
    I'll try and put together an installer based on that then. Ugh, ton of work.
    06-11-2012 05:04 AM
    Well some do work, and the other one that does (max_events for the windowsmgr) isn't activated because of the mishap. Gives it a nice smoothness boost though. I myself use 100 for the value.
    06-11-2012 05:07 AM
    I know that on bumblebee resurrected Anthony had to flash the origional kernel then flash the pikastix kernel over that. Without the double kernel flash it did the exact same black screen until pikastix anykernel flash thing as harmonia does. ( hope I got that right Anthony correct me if I did not)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-11-2012 05:23 AM
    Nope you got it right. I since then have figured out how to put together a proper boot image with the right kernel, but seeing the problems people with newer ovs have, it almost seems like double flashing the kernel might actually not be a problem.
    06-11-2012 06:34 AM
    Sounds like the remix boot image is the issue then. Hmmmm, that is good and bad.

Saves me some work on Rhode at least.
    06-11-2012 07:55 AM
    I have a question on zv9.

To start with I was unrooted and on stock as I got the phone from Virgin Mobile. I appled the update.zip for zv9 following the instructions as given on Virgin Mobile site. The phone was back in working condition. This was probably a month ago. I unrooted using jCase rooting method and I succeeded in rooting the phone. GingerBreak never worked for me. I am on earlier Optimus V by the way, the novatech screen.
    I went through Harmonia 1.x, 2.x, various IHO ROMs, both Quatrimus ROM, Cold as Ice. All this while the phone calls were very clear. Now, I am finally back to Harmonia 1.8 last week. I installed HOLO launcher and have almost everything I need in Froyo and the phone seems more stable and responsive. I do not think I am missing GingerBread or ICS, OK maybe a little.
    OK enough of the history and the actual question

I notice the following in
    Settings --> About
    Model Number --> VM670
    Android Version 2.2.1
    Baseband Version --> VM670ZV4_60401001
    Kernel Version --> 2.6.32-picasticks-07 wicket@endor #2
    Build Number --> Harmonia 1.8
    SW Version --> VM670ZV9
    HW Version --> 1.2

I notice that the SW version has ZV9 in it but the baseband version says ZV4. Does that mean I do not have the ZV9 update software on my phone?
    06-11-2012 10:25 AM
    I applied the ZV9 update using [Guide] How to flash the ZV9 update, for the technically challeng and got it to ZV9 level. However, when I restored the Harmonia 1.8 backup it went back to the ZV4 version. So, maybe the Harmonia contains the ZV4 version of the s/w and it is going back to it.
    06-11-2012 06:53 PM
    I tried to apply the ZV9 update using [Guide] How to flash the ZV9 update, for the technically challeng and got it to ZV9 level. However, when I restored the Harmonia 1.8 backup it went back to the ZV4 version. So, maybe the Harmonia contains the ZV4 version of the s/w and it is going back to it.
    I could be wrong about this, but I think that correct reporting of the radio version is a pretty recent development on the IHO side. It wouldn't surprise me if correct reporting of the radio version has not been implemented in Harmonia 1.x.

This space intentionally left blank.
    06-11-2012 07:39 PM
    Its still ZV9. It's just the sata left over from the backup.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-11-2012 07:40 PM
    I will assume so. As even the Froyo version is supposed to be a mix of 2.2.1 and 2.2.2. Right now it reports it as 2.2.1. I guess it should say "2.2.1 and a half"
    06-11-2012 07:43 PM
    Froyo can't read the radio, it only reports what is in a file.
    You could make it say bad words if you want, but it won't change the radio.

As for 2.2.1 and 2.2.2, this rom has a few files from, um, well let's see...

Short version:
    There were a ton of changes and file swaps, done by several people. So no one really knows 100% what is what. It just works.

Long version...
    This rom has a bit from the original OV, a bit from the refresh, a few bits from the Optimus S.. and a few others probably, but I forget and some I am simply unaware of.

This rom started out as Stock + Xionia, it used a lot of Optimus S files and kernel. It was put together by Revolution Red with some help and/or advise from Zefie (the guy who did Xionia) and a few other OS users. Rev went back to school not long after starting the rom and couldn't work on it, I continued to tweak on it here and there, then released it as Aphrodite with his consent.

When we got the source code, several people started making kernels, Pikasticks was one of them. He and I collaborated to create Harmonia, which was a tweaked Aphrodite plus his kernel. His kernel was pure OV, but some of the boot image was a mix (I think, we did a bunch of small changes and had some issues). While making it, I purged as much Optimus S files and re-inserted the original Optimus V files. Some caused issues and were put back to whatever was in Aphrodite, soem of which came from Stock = Xionia, which means probably Optimus S (but which version?). I also swapped files back and forth trying to optimze bluetooth. Some are OV, some are OS. Some of all of these files are likely absolutely identical on both phones so it didn't matter. Eventually we got the Optimus V refresh (2.2.2, not ZV9), and I robbed some files from that as well. Some of which worked, some of which didn't and were reverted back to whatever was used prior.

Basically, I would swap out to whatever new files I could get ahold of, and if they worked they were kept, if they didn't I would yank them to what worked before. Harmonia has from the start been one big file swapping orgy. This is also why it works so well though, it has the best from all of them. This was also why I was known to flash 20 times a day over a weekend, just seeing how file swaps worked out.

So what is Harmonia? A MUTT!
    driya2010 and daffy_duck_nj like this.
    06-11-2012 09:45 PM
    I'm trying to build a new kernel for the froyo roms, one that works with the zv9 radio, but that is proving troublesome. LeslieAnn, would pulling the kernel config file from the Pikasticks kernel help with that, cause all i need to do is get the ums to work.
    06-11-2012 11:13 PM
    for some reason i have issues flashing harmonia 1. Once i flashed the remix kernel, all was fine. I think its because of the hitachi screen...Im not an expert but when i flash bumblebee (the new one) no issues at boot at all, works just fine without remix....& also no FC Maybe its something you guys can look into

EDIT: I did this about a week or so ago. so some new (if any) changes to the harmonia rom might have fixed this.
    06-11-2012 11:19 PM
    I'm trying to build a new kernel for the froyo roms, one that works with the zv9 radio, but that is proving troublesome. LeslieAnn, would pulling the kernel config file from the Pikasticks kernel help with that, cause all i need to do is get the ums to work.
    I know very little about actual code and such, especially kernels, sorry.

for some reason i have issues flashing harmonia 1. Once i flashed the remix kernel, all was fine. I think its because of the hitachi screen...Im not an expert but when i flash bumblebee (the new one) no issues at boot at all, works just fine without remix....& also no FC Maybe its something you guys can look into

EDIT: I did this about a week or so ago. so some new (if any) changes to the harmonia rom might have fixed this.
    The screen issue is a kernel issue in regards to all new screen phones.
    Yeah, I have a feeling I may know what has happened.
    06-12-2012 02:42 AM
    1.87 is now up.

This SHOULD fix the kernel flash problem once and for all!!!!
    This removes the fancy Aphrodite + Picasticks logo, but it should fix the problem.
    notown likes this.
    06-12-2012 04:53 AM
    The flash worked with no black screen

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-12-2012 01:10 PM
    What happened to the status bars?
    06-12-2012 01:30 PM
1,892 ... 6970717273 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD