10-31-2015 01:11 PM
1,892 ... 7172737475 ...
tools
    Hey. So I made a big mistake and flashed a custom ROM onto my LG Optmius V and then attempted to activate it...which did not work...as I couldn't do the Virgin Mobile shortcuts to activate (and doing it online didn't help either). Anywho...I was looking around trying to figure out how to activate my phone again and found a link directing me to your ROM. It says that your ROM should allow me to activate the phone, but when I click on the activate app...it goes to a white screen, the phone signal cuts out and displays an X, then it goes back to main menu screen (the one with all the apps) and the phone signal comes back on. however...there is no activation...no 3G...no nothing. can you help?

-Cody
    06-20-2012 10:56 PM
    The only thing I can figure is a bad flash.
    06-21-2012 01:42 AM
    Okay. I will attempt to reflash today, the Harmonia ROM, and let you know if it helps.

-Cody
    06-21-2012 06:46 AM
    Searched around and can't find an answer to this...

Is anybody on this ROM able/unable to log in to the Google Voice Android app? I sure can't. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Error is Google Voice sign-in: There was a network error...

All in all, I am really liking this ROM.
    06-21-2012 04:29 PM
    I use the Google voice fully for both my calls and text. I use the Aeneas ROM which is same as this

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-21-2012 05:10 PM
    I use the Google voice fully for both my calls and text. I use the Aeneas ROM which is same as this
    Thanks for the feedback.

This was a complicated issue having to do with another app that I use ... and I'm not 100% sure of what was going on. Anyway, on a hunch, I went to an open wi-fi that did not go through a super-secure firewall, and I got right in to Google Voice. Then, as I had hoped, when I came back here to the secure wifi, I could still get in to GV ... so all is well.
    06-21-2012 05:19 PM
    Not exactly a Harmonia question but....

Backup your sdcard to your computer,. then format it IN YOUR PHONE.
    Copy your info back.

If it's still unstable, install a fresh rom (do an md5 check first), and install your apps directly from the market and then restore ONLY the app data, call log and messages. NEVER restore system settings.

If all of this went right and still does it, then your phone is probably bad.
    How would I do the md5 check? Sorry i'm such a noob to this.
    06-21-2012 07:45 PM
    How would I do the md5 check? Sorry i'm such a noob to this.
    First of all, you need to write down the md5 checksum from where you download the ROM. Most sites have it right under the download link.

Secondly, there are other ways, but I check md5 sums in ES Explorer, a free app on the market. Find your ROM in ES File Explorer on your device, long press it, then select Properites. Then there is a button or checkbox named "Show checksums" ... click that. Then select the md5 checksum box and click Calculate.
    06-21-2012 07:50 PM
    First of all, you need to write down the md5 checksum from where you download the ROM. Most sites have it right under the download link.

Secondly, there are other ways, but I check md5 sums in ES Explorer, a free app on the market. Find your ROM in ES File Explorer on your device, long press it, then select Properites. Then there is a button or checkbox named "Show checksums" ... click that. Then select the md5 checksum box and click Calculate.
    What do I do after I calculate? the checksum is the same as the one under the link.
    06-21-2012 08:23 PM
    What do I do after I calculate? the checksum is the same as the one under the link.
    Well, you just verified that you had a good download ... that's the point of checking the md5. It's just a safety precaution that LeslieAnn was encouraging you to take. It's not uncommon to be short-changed on a downloaded file that is not complete. You flash an incomplete ROM file, and you will have serious issues on your device, of course.

Anyway, you are now good to move forward with whatever you were planning to do with the downloaded ROM.
    06-21-2012 11:21 PM
    Just flashed 1.9. Love it. Been on this since July '11. Harmonia 1.x rules. I don't really like anything besides Froyo on the OV. IMHO I don't see how Gingerbread is better, I've tried a bunch of them on mine. Anyways LeslieAnn, thank you for giving me a ROM I can believe in!
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    06-24-2012 03:35 AM
    Will I be able to use the Netflix app with this rom? I currently have a stock rom loaded and do not want to switch out roms if Netflix is not compatible with this rom and kernel.
    06-27-2012 12:21 PM
    ok i got a noob question and seeing that theres 73 pages i went through bout 20 of them and didnt find my answer.if i update harmonia from 1.6 to 1.9 do i still need to wipe the data/factory reset and the dalvik cache?

i know it said that if i wasn't updating from a previous version then to wipe the data/factory reset and dalvik cache but wasnt sure if i had to wipe the dalvik cache weather i was updating from an older version or not.
    06-27-2012 06:15 PM
    Wipe Dalvik and cache, and cross your fingers. LOL
    06-27-2012 07:36 PM
    ok so i got everything flashed right,now another problem is i got a md5 mismatch when trying to recover my data.im pretty sure its because i named the recovery with spaces in.

nvm fixed it.guess i cant put spaces in the recovery file name.
    06-27-2012 08:43 PM
    could i recover just my data from 1.6 onto the 1.9 instead of having to start fresh? or would that cause to many problems.
    06-28-2012 03:44 PM
    could i recover just my data from 1.6 onto the 1.9 instead of having to start fresh? or would that cause to many problems.
    Recover? You mean restore? Of course.

Flashing over the top works too (again wipe cache and dalvik), but make a backup first, many times doing that results in a loss of about 30megs of app storage.
    06-28-2012 04:40 PM
    ok sweet,well i kinda screwed sumthing up somewere along the line and now i finally got 1.9 flashed but when i go to restore the data from 1.7 i get like less then a mb of internal space on ym fone and i wiped the data and dalvik before i restored.did i miss something?
    06-28-2012 04:50 PM
    Like I said, sometimes it happens, we don't know why.
    06-28-2012 11:50 PM
    ohh ok thats what you were talking about.well,glad it wasn't something i did then.i just had to delete some apps and clean some caches to make up for the lost space.now i can get back to playing gurk and not have to start all over wewt!
    06-28-2012 11:58 PM
    ok i think i figured out why it takes up so much memory and how to fix it. basically when u restore the data i think all the apps that are supposed to be on ur sd card end up on your internal memory so all i did was move what ever apps my phone said was on my sd card back onto my phone and then back onto the sd card and it cleared up some internal memory space.im not sure if this will work for everyone but it worked for me hopefully ital work for you.
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    06-29-2012 12:40 PM
    This is a great rom so thanks to everyone who put in time to make it run so well. I successfully have this rom up and running, but am having some difficulties. After installing Apps2sd I am no longer able to transfer apps listed under "Phone Only" to the sd card. I am not sure how to go about fixing this problem. If anyone can help me is there a setting or something I need to change? This program did not request root permissions if that might affect why it is not allowing me to move apps. I tryed another program as well with no success. Thanks for any help!
    07-01-2012 01:58 AM
    They are listed as phone only because they can only be run from the phone.
    07-01-2012 03:27 AM
    I was able to do this on my previous rom, but after installing this one I am unable to. They are just generic apps such as HBO GO.I have also tryed reflashing the whole rom, but have had the same results.
    07-01-2012 04:42 AM
    Remember, this is Froyo, your other roms were probably GB which does have different abilities.
    07-01-2012 03:41 PM
1,892 ... 7172737475 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD