10-31-2015 02:11 PM
1,892 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I do understand that this is a new rom and by no means complaining about glitches just fyi.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-26-2011 04:57 PM
    Harmonia_1.1.1_patch.zip

This fixes Yelp, probably the others too.
    Expect a slow boot the first time after flashing.

I'll post a full rom later tonight.

Flash this in recovery, you won't lose anything, it simply puts back a file I removed.
    04-26-2011 05:05 PM
    Updated to 1.1.1 and tested yelp as well as movies, both are now working for me.

-K
    04-26-2011 05:16 PM
    One minor problem, the Build Number still shows Harmonia 1.0 after the updates. Thanks for the great work!

Harmonia_1.1.1_patch.zip

This fixes Yelp, probably the others too.
    Expect a slow boot the first time after flashing.

I'll post a full rom later tonight.

Flash this in recovery, you won't lose anything, it simply puts back a file I removed.
    04-26-2011 05:21 PM
    Thank you for the quick turnaround, Leslie. Now that's customer service!
    04-26-2011 05:28 PM
    Great work fixing the issue's. I will likely be giving this a spin later today. Maybe I can add init.d support, and add the mount commands for the ext modules to the apps2ext script. That way, I can use the picasticks kernel. I also hear BumbleBee might be releasing a update today to his/her rom/kernel. So much stuff to play with!
    04-26-2011 05:30 PM
    Decided to replace the stock email with yahoo mail apk to keep it in the system.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-26-2011 05:47 PM
    So here is what actually happened....

Normally we add things into the build.prop. Marzz found that some of these had no effect and were being over-written. Picasticks came up with the idea to leave the wifi. scan interval out of the kernel, that way, the build.prop wouldn't be over-written at boot each time. This would allow me to easy tune it the way I wanted, we thought it was a great idea.

While I set a wifi.supplicant_scan in the build prop, the system ignored it, and the scan was running as fast as possible. It turns out the build.prop is pretty useless.

Here is where the confusion began... Pikasticks knew his kernel was good, I knew Harmonia was good.It turns out, that when we flashed the Xionia kernel in, we were re-inserting the scan interval. Then when we re-flashed Picastick's kernel, we were stuck with the xionia wifi. Giving the impression that it was the wifi system giving us the problem.

Seriously, he and I were at our wits end trying to figure this out.
    We knew Harmonia was good, it has only minimal changes to Aphrodite to return to stock Virgin, and we also knew his kernel was good. We ran differential upon differential trying to find what was the issue was and each time everything checked out. Finally he had a though that it could be the scan interval and asked me to run a check. As soon as I saw what he asked me to check, I knew right away where the problem was.

Live and learn.
    jmel likes this.
    04-26-2011 06:24 PM
    Yelp! I can confirm and I suspect it has to do with me removing that last bit in the update.

Movies might too if it's tracking your location.
    I'll put one of the files back in, that I removed and re-test Yelp.

Yahoo.com doesn't support external mail programs and are always blocking anything that manages to do it. Yahoo.ca has no problems with it. Anyhow, I changed nothing in regards to email, but it's possible they too are using geolocation of sorts.
    Yes, movies uses location based search. I will load your fix. Thanks for all of your efforts.
    04-26-2011 07:38 PM
    Tweetdeck was force closing before the fix, thanks!!
    04-26-2011 08:46 PM
    Great work fixing the issue's. I will likely be giving this a spin later today. Maybe I can add init.d support, and add the mount commands for the ext modules to the apps2ext script. That way, I can use the picasticks kernel. I also hear BumbleBee might be releasing a update today to his/her rom/kernel. So much stuff to play with!
    Those are good ideas, I think especially init.d support because then it makes it easy for people to insmod the modules, mount disk, tweak cpufreq, or do whatever they want on boot. (Without having to un/repack the boot image which is a PITA if you're not already a dev!)

I am going to be doing some fiddling on my own phone so I'll implement that and submit it to LeslieAnn for possible future inclusion.

(unless I brick my phone, then all bets are off. Am going to try to use the LG updater and/or KP500/whatever thingy to flash it back to stock. )
    04-26-2011 09:25 PM
    Those are good ideas, I think especially init.d support because then it makes it easy for people to insmod the modules, mount disk, tweak cpufreq, or do whatever they want on boot. (Without having to un/repack the boot image which is a PITA if you're not already a dev!)

I am going to be doing some fiddling on my own phone so I'll implement that and submit it to LeslieAnn for possible future inclusion.

(unless I brick my phone, then all bets are off. Am going to try to use the LG updater and/or KP500/whatever thingy to flash it back to stock. )
    Good luck and please do not brick your phone lol. BTW, I used the rom kitchen to add init.d support. Might save you some time. Or if you have a better way, then by all means Somehow the Nameless rom has init.d support, and uses your kernel. They might of used the kitchen to add it I guess or some other method.

Either way, I look forward to the update. Thanks.
    04-26-2011 09:39 PM
    Thank you for sharing some insight with how this rom is developed, LeslieAnn. While some people may find it something to glance over, I definitely think it brings a little bit of clarity and understanding - especially to a newer and inquisitive person such as myself.

Obviously you are under no obligation to explain anything to anyone, but the fact you take a bit of time and do share your findings with the creative process is a testament as to why this is such a great community.

Keep on keepin' on.

-K
    04-26-2011 10:25 PM
    Does this not support Link2sd? I get a mount error every time I try. Card is partitioned properly and ext partition can be mounted in the recovery.
    04-27-2011 09:36 AM
    So here is what actually happened....

...As soon as I saw what he asked me to check, I knew right away where the problem was.

Live and learn.
    So what did the fix end up being? Did you reinsert the setprop of the wifi scan interval back into the kernel?
    04-27-2011 10:59 AM
    Does this not support Link2sd? I get a mount error every time I try. Card is partitioned properly and ext partition can be mounted in the recovery.
    You have to load the ext modules. If you are using ext4, this is how you would do it.

Code:
    insmod /system/lib/modules/mbcache.ko
    insmod /system/lib/modules/jbd2.ko
    insmod /system/lib/modules/ext4.ko
    04-27-2011 01:46 PM
    So what did the fix end up being? Did you reinsert the setprop of the wifi scan interval back into the kernel?
    Correct.
    Near as I can tell, none of these are being passed from the build.prop.
    ro.telephony.default_network=4
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=200
    mot.proximity.delay 25
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec 60

It seems it's really only good for what shows up in the about page.

You have to load the ext modules. If you are using ext4, this is how you would do it.

Code:
    insmod /system/lib/modules/mbcache.ko
    insmod /system/lib/modules/jbd2.ko
    insmod /system/lib/modules/ext4.ko
    Next kernel revision will likely have it built in.

Picasticks has his hands full at the moment.
    04-27-2011 04:49 PM
    First off would like to say great work on this rom!
    Having switched over from Aphrodite 1.3.3, Harmonia feels a tad bit quicker but more importantly much, much more stable
    I have the latest Harmonia along with the patch and my battery life does not seem up to par with the few reports I have seen on here. I am getting 3-4% drops per hour while idle (screen off). This has gone down from about 6% after fixing the TWS bug. This was under all 3g conditions, with all else shut off for the day. Is this normal?

Also just now, in the process of charging my phone I saw that it was complete. This was a pleasant surprise because it was not charging for long at all, but when I unplugged the phone the battery went down to 75%. Anybody experience this?
    Oh and in regards to the battery charge rate (ignoring this little bug), it is fantastic!! Much much better than Aphrodite w/ Xionia 005
    04-28-2011 12:03 AM
    Wipe your battery stats in recovery (once you are at 100%).
    04-28-2011 12:40 AM
    My experience is very different than yours, gbeaguilar. I'm still at about roughly 2% hour drain on my device.

I watched Back to the Future (my own blu-ray xvid rip) with Vitalplayer last night and for 2 hours with the screen on, running a video at 806mhz, and it was almost exactly 14% drain on my device.

The only difference (besides whatever widgets that refresh/apps you may be running) is the 3g variable. I have 3g on for an average for an hour a day while travelling, the rest of the time is never-sleep policy WiFi.

I'll have to spend a day on 3g sometime to compare it up.

-K
    04-28-2011 01:07 AM
    Charging to 100% (after doing the TWS bug fix) seems to have fixed my battery drain. With the screen mostly off for just about an hour and a half, and minimal texting, my battery is still at 100%. Looking good so far!
    I anticipate having better luck with battery life tomorrow

Kiernon, I admire your mileage. I only turn on wifi when I feel like my 3g data connection is lagging, because I assume that wifi eats up more battery. I'll have to try a day with wifi always on since my school campus has wifi hotspots throughout.
    04-28-2011 02:20 AM
    2% per hour seems to about what I'm on track for, even after some light usage.

For me, that's great!
    I'm not saying I wouldn't mind going days without a charge, but 2-3 days with light use is more than plenty really.
    04-28-2011 02:23 AM
    Y'know, if only the next version of Harmonia actually charged the phone while it was idle...

-K
    04-28-2011 02:29 AM
    Y'know, if only the next version of Harmonia actually charged the phone while it was idle...

-K
    Actually...
    I have been eyeballing the Palm Touchstone modifications for a while now. I have it all pretty much figured out how, I just need the parts.

Yes, I'm a mad scientist and total geek.
    04-28-2011 02:56 AM
    Im runing Asop rom, can I boot in recovery and wipe delvik and all and then install from there?
    04-28-2011 03:39 AM
1,892 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD