[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

GMan66

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I usually download them from market and then restore the data. I used to get corrupted apps a lot restoring from tb. I usually use an app called app list backup that gives me a list of my apps I had and then clicking on them takes you to their download location in market...pretty handy for me.
Kreatur, I like the idea of reinstalling the apps fresh rather than restoring them from a backup of a possibly completely different ROM/kernel. What's your procedure for getting your data restored?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Kreatur, I like the idea of reinstalling the apps fresh rather than restoring them from a backup of a possibly completely different ROM/kernel. What's your procedure for getting your data restored?

Well I don't always install everything depending on the rom. Especially for apps that have features already built into some roms like power widget on reborn or cm7. I install my apps and then open tb and go down the list. When I see an app I installed I hit restore and then data. You can probably also batch restore but not sure if the free version of tb lets you do it.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I had lots of trouble with restoring backups when I had Titanium. I also found it complex and annoying, instead of telling me file names and junk, I just need to know what app it is and where the data for it is. Mybackup pro does exactly that. Granted it's a bit slower, but so far I have only had 3 apps have problems with it (Beautiful Widgets, which is fixed, SetCPU, this once, and Lookout Mobile Security, which I believe is fixed). Not bad considering the convenience.

I too had a program that let me link and download direct from the market, but when you get over 30 apps or so, that gets tedious and time consuming.

If you only replace roms once every couple weeks or something, that's fine, but when you flash several a week, that time adds up very fast. I have been known to flash 20 roms in a single day, and do multiple restores, so no, I'm not going to sit there for an hour clicking back and forth.

My restore method (using Mybackup Pro):
Go to settings
Setup my wireless
Set screen timeout (2 minutes)
Setup my account
Go into accessibility and set "power button ends call" (major pet peeve)

Now I start Mybackup and restore my alarms, call log and mms log.
Restore all of the apk's first minus Apps2sd and Lookout. Go grab a drink while this works.
Apps2sd creates too many interruptions and Lookout wants to scan everything, it significantly slows things down. I don't even use Apps2SD anymore.
Then go get Lookout from the market (it works this way from Mybackup, but I still get it direct)
Lastly, go back and install the app data (I manually set Setcpu, just in case)

Total time, 10 minutes, much of it waiting for the APK's to install.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kreatur3

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I flash a few times a week and your way does sound more streamlined than the way I do it. I guess old habits die hard lol. I have mybackup * root but havent really used it. Created back ups with it a few times but when I did try to restore it said there was no data yet I could find the backup files on my sd card. Have you run into that Leslie?

I do my "slow" way with probably 30 apps or so but so used to it that it might take me 15 min tops. Then again that's at my house with my wifi. A bit longer on my 3g out and about but I usually don't flash roms while walking down the street. :)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I flash a few times a week and your way does sound more streamlined than the way I do it. I guess old habits die hard lol. I have mybackup * root but havent really used it. Created back ups with it a few times but when I did try to restore it said there was no data yet I could find the backup files on my sd card. Have you run into that Leslie?

I do my "slow" way with probably 30 apps or so but so used to it that it might take me 15 min tops. Then again that's at my house with my wifi. A bit longer on my 3g out and about but I usually don't flash roms while walking down the street. :)

I haven't had that issue.

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Hi Kreatur,

I use MyBackup Root to restore all my apk's and their associated data when changing ROM's...I've had no problems to date and ALL market links work after the re-installation. I think LeslieAnn's idea of not loading Lookout is very apropos as it slows down the entire process. Total time for my re-installation (using batch mode) is around 9 minutes but I might not have as many apps as LeslieAnn...anyway hope this post might encourage you to try MyBackup Root. And my experience with TB was similar to hers...good luck!

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I will have to try MyBackup Root next time for my data. I assume you can back up data only? That's one thing that bothered me about TB is I never had an option for just data. I don't need the apps backed up and while I have plenty of space it isn't space I want dedicated to something I don't need. :)

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I will have to try MyBackup Root next time for my data. I assume you can back up data only? That's one thing that bothered me about TB is I never had an option for just data. I don't need the apps backed up and while I have plenty of space it isn't space I want dedicated to something I don't need. :)

You can back up any of the following: apk's; data; OR apk's and (their associated) data. You can also backup a number of other items, such as mms, system settitngs, etc. but I just backup the apk's (and associated data) when migrating to a different ROM. When you go to re-install your backup you can ALSO choose to restore (only) the: apk; data; or apk's and associated data...your choice. Might give it a try and see if it meets your needs!

Reactions: Kreatur3

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
As long as I can get it to work properly this time it does indeed sound like a good option. I prefer redownloading all of my apps from market, hence app list backup, but would love the option to restore all my data in one fell swoop. Thanks you two for your insight. :)

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Using mybackup root to backup data seems to take forever, if not freeze completely, does this process normally take forever or is there something wrong with my install?

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Using mybackup root to backup data seems to take forever, if not freeze completely, does this process normally take forever or is there something wrong with my install?

Hmmm...no takes around 8-9 minutes to backup my apps AND all data...I would suggest uninstalling and then a fresh re-install. I walk away (I batch backup all my apps and data) and then return to my phone in about 10 minutes...backup complete! Sorry you're having this issue.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to Obijohn, 1.3 is done!
Please make sure to wipe everything including Dalvik cache if you are not on Harmonia 1.2
While not required, I recommend wiping anyhow.
Harmonia 1.3
MD5:ffcc96637995a5f45027f2c8cf1797ee

While not confirmed, it seems to have a slight battery advantage over 1.2, probably due to the TWS fix.
Stability seems the same, as does all else.

Changes...
Time without signal fix (Thanks Obijohn!)
Power Button Reboot option (Thanks Obijohn!)
Internal wipe gone (no more noob complaints)
Wifi hotspot in menu
Superuser updated
Voice updated
Build ID updated (I got it this time!)

DO NOT USE 1.2 STATUSBARS WITH THIS.
It will more or less put you back to Harmonia 1.2.
I'm currently testing and uploading the various statusbars.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
1.3 status bars are up.
Check post 2.

These may work and provide the same benefit to almost all Froyo roms, but are only guaranteed to work on Harmonia 1.3 and Bumblebee 2.x

Irate Iguana

Boss Status
Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Quick bug when using the third black status bar. When I plug the phone into the charger, the little battery symbol displays a frozen orange 1/4th full bar, even though I'm at 91%.

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
This rom kicks so much ass! Like a ninja with 8 legs

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Haha! That is one seriously awkward looking ninja. :p

As always, exceptional work once more, LeslieAnn. A quick update on my personal battery life has so far.
Unplugged 6 hours, 43 minutes - 95%. This scenario is under light usage so far (some texts, a few calls, and Tweetcaster and Beautiful Widgets the only running/updated apps that refresh), but generally idle with my overclock.

The TWS bug is thankfully abolished and Harmonia is as snappy as ever. :)

Great job, and thanks again.

-K

Also: Big shoutouts to Obijohn for contributing to this project and being a prime example of why everyone wins with a strong, unified community. You are a God among insects, sir.

Last edited:

nemirn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
What is the proper way to update from Harmonia 1.2 to 1.3 ?

I tried it, but now several apps are missing, and the Market FC's so I can't re-download them.

Here's what I did:
Used SAMBA file server to transfer Harmonia1.3.zip to the sdcard's main folder.
Reboot into recovery (Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6).
Updated to Harmonia1.3.zip

Thanks.