[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

RavenSEAL

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
@LeslieAnn I must say your rom looks great I'm thing about changing from aosp to yours. but i like CWR can i use it to flash your rom?

You won't be able to, but switching is very easy. With the mess AOSP has turned into, i would suggest you do the same thing i did, switch over to harmonia.

I don't miss aospCM7 at all.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Its funny listening to the aosp fanboys say how great it is. Its not horrible, but these 2.2 roms are definately better, has anyone tried the reborn custom themes on this rom?

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
And once Bumblebee releases the 2.3 ROM there shouldn't be a reason to use the AOSP ROM either. I'm sure Harmonia won't be far behind BB either. These guys are great!

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Quick question dose anyone know who to remove the boot sound when this ROM starts up. I was never a fan of the "Virgin Mobile" voice that plays on the stock ROM and I just don't want anything at all.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
And once Bumblebee releases the 2.3 ROM there shouldn't be a reason to use the AOSP ROM either. I'm sure Harmonia won't be far behind BB either. These guys are great!
Don;t expect anything major to Harmonia unless some new must have feature comes out. It's quite complete as it stands. I know people are throwing out ideas on what to add, but it's meant to be minimal by design. If that turns people off then they should be on a different rom.

Well I am rooted only way I can have the ROM I don't mind the animation I just don't like the annoying "Virgin mobile"
Most custom roms have that changed. Well, at least, I know Harmonia does.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Don;t expect anything major to Harmonia unless some new must have feature comes out. It's quite complete as it stands. I know people are throwing out ideas on what to add, but it's meant to be minimal by design. If that turns people off then they should be on a different rom.

What about pure android 2.3, no add ons or frills? I don't use that extra crap anyways.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey LeslieAnn, is there a setting or something that determines how often the phone will hunt for a cell signal when it doesn't have reception?

I reported that the Froyo roms used their radios when they were in airplane mode, but the same doesn't appear to be true of AOSP's CM7. So it appears that this is controlled by the kernel or rom and not by the radio firmware. There are also reports that Bumblebee uses up more battery when the TWS is high than AOSP's CM7 does. I'm wondering if we can improve the amount of battery drain when the phone is without a reliable signal much in the same way that increasing the wifi scan interval drastically improved battery life from the early versions of Harmonia.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Quick question dose anyone know who to remove the boot sound when this ROM starts up. I was never a fan of the "Virgin Mobile" voice that plays on the stock ROM and I just don't want anything at all.
Wrong thread?
This rom doesn't have that, in fact you will be hard pressed to find much Virgin branding at all.

What about pure android 2.3, no add ons or frills? I don't use that extra crap anyways.
I thought about it, and would but AOSP isn't very loaded down, but more importantly there isn't a great working 2.3 to work from. AOSP is the only place to start and it has issues (work in progress). I'm not releasing a rom that runs that way with no hope of me fixing it.

IF they release 2.3 for this phone before I upgrade, I will do a build of it, or if someone gets GB running 100%, but not before.

Hey LeslieAnn, is there a setting or something that determines how often the phone will hunt for a cell signal when it doesn't have reception?

I reported that the Froyo roms used their radios when they were in airplane mode, but the same doesn't appear to be true of AOSP's CM7. So it appears that this is controlled by the kernel or rom and not by the radio firmware. There are also reports that Bumblebee uses up more battery when the TWS is high than AOSP's CM7 does. I'm wondering if we can improve the amount of battery drain when the phone is without a reliable signal much in the same way that increasing the wifi scan interval drastically improved battery life from the early versions of Harmonia.
I believe that is what the supplicant scan interval is (scan rate) and as you probably know, that doesn't do anything in the build prop.

There is a menu setting to disable that feature entirely (wifi settings/network notification) and there are apps that will switch you to wifi based on location. Supposedly these work well.

Will this kill your signal entirely? I have no idea.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I thought about it, and would but AOSP isn't very loaded down, but more importantly there isn't a great working 2.3 to work from. AOSP is the only place to start and it has issues (work in progress). I'm not releasing a rom that runs that way with no hope of me fixing it.

IF they release 2.3 for this phone before I upgrade, I will do a build of it, or if someone gets GB running 100%, but not before.

/QUOTE]

Bumblebee was, at one point, a week out from releasing a 2.3 ROM. I don't know how far out it is now though.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
/QUOTE]Bumblebee was, at one point, a week out from releasing a 2.3 ROM. I don't know how far out it is now though.[/QUOTE]

The 2.3 Kernel ;)

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I believe that is what the supplicant scan interval is (scan rate) and as you probably know, that doesn't do anything in the build prop.

There is a menu setting to disable that feature entirely (wifi settings/network notification) and there are apps that will switch you to wifi based on location. Supposedly these work well.

I'm not talking about the wifi radio. I'm talking about the cellular radio. When there is no cell tower nearby, the phone will hunt for a new tower. I'm wondering if there is anything built into the rom that controls how aggressive that tower hunting is. With the stock roms, turning on airplane mode does not kill the tower hunting (from what I observed during battery tests), but users of AOSP's CM7 report that their phone can stay on for weeks at a time with airplane mode enabled which leads me to believe that their rom is truly disabling the radio while the stock roms are not.

olliedroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not talking about the wifi radio. I'm talking about the cellular radio. When there is no cell tower nearby, the phone will hunt for a new tower. I'm wondering if there is anything built into the rom that controls how aggressive that tower hunting is. With the stock roms, turning on airplane mode does not kill the tower hunting (from what I observed during battery tests), but users of AOSP's CM7 report that their phone can stay on for weeks at a time with airplane mode enabled which leads me to believe that their rom is truly disabling the radio while the stock roms are not.
I'm interested in this too, just out of curiosity. I work in a basement where there's no cell coverage available, and as soon as I get into work the battery starts being drained pretty hardcore -- no apps running outside of what's stock on this ROM. Whether I'm in WiFi or airplane mode, it doesn't seem to matter.

At the house, where I also have WiFi but decent cell coverage, the same battery will last a day and a half.

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
You won't be able to, but switching is very easy. With the mess AOSP has turned into, i would suggest you do the same thing i did, switch over to harmonia.

I don't miss aospCM7 at all.

yes i found out that i could not use CWR. I installed Harmonia for like a day and went back to aosp. I really like GB. But i think ill try BB also just so i can try it. I really liked Harmonia....its a great rom love the kernel(it rocks) . I would run it with aosp but it mess with the accelerometer and how know i could go back to this rom if aosp does not shape up. time will tell.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Wrong thread?
This rom doesn't have that, in fact you will be hard pressed to find much Virgin branding at all.

Ah you know what I was the one that add it back on the phone by flashing the stock sounds you had in the second post, sorry I didn't clarify that on my post. I just wanted some of the alarm ringtones I had gotten use to and instead got things back that I didn't want also