[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Actually I think that it was proven that you get far better battery life by setting it to a safe max for both min and max, and not to force it to jump around.
My settings are based on the battery drain thread on here somewhere and LeslieAnn's suggested numbers. I may raise the baseline if issues arise. So far I ran all day on one charge with heavy use. Especially wifi. Charged overnight, and now seeing what battery life I get from using 3g at work all day.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]Harmonia 1.3 (Aphrodite + Picasticks) 17June11

Actually I think that it was proven that you get far better battery life by setting it to a safe max for both min and max, and not to force it to jump around.
Unless you do streaming radio or similar, then battery life suffers when you set a high min/max.

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
i love this rom/kernel combo!
Harmonia 1.3 (Aphrodite + Picasticks)
-its my new fav!
-the battery life is amazing, the interface has no lag at all, with 81 apps installed, lol.
-its so slick and fast!
-love the data2ext support!
-its flawless!

thank you soo much for your time and hard work LeslieAnn!!! <3

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Now i am officially a flashing addict. Bought my wife a brand new Optimus V today. Got it home, activated it, rooted, flashed Harmonia 1.3! Set up her phone with the basics, and let her run with it. Special thanks to everyone on the forum for making great roms and software! I even went as far as to buy a stand alone Tablet. Can't wait to dig in to that. I really appreciate the informative people on here that make this so simple.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm glad you all are liking it. :)
This version works really well, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

UPDATE:
Changed the layout of the first posts.
Added some details about the rom as well.

By the way,
I have to say that I'm a bit annoyed that some people are going around claiming that this is just a stripped down stock rom. Maybe this is my fault that people think this because I keep the description simple, but please, don't mistake this for something you can put together in a few hours by merely hacking up a stock rom. I think maybe some people have gotten drunk on custom rom features and have forgotten what stock is really like. Remember, a feature you don't want, or use (or doesn't actually do jack), isn't a feature, it's bloat. Harmonia may have a few less features, but it also has less bloat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinan

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

The new front layout is very well done and presented. Everything seemed pretty clean and concise, and should be a great reference when curious people have questions about the ROM.

Speaking of curious people; LeslieAnn - Are there any features/changes you're considering for the future of Harmonia? I ask not to request or bug you, I'm genuinely curious if you feel it's rather complete (barring software updating and so forth), but otherwise, what's your feeling on it?

-K

"Creating my own phone themes since 2011"

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

The new front layout is very well done and presented. Everything seemed pretty clean and concise, and should be a great reference when curious people have questions about the ROM.

Speaking of curious people; LeslieAnn - Are there any features/changes you're considering for the future of Harmonia? I ask not to request or bug you, I'm genuinely curious if you feel it's rather complete (barring software updating and so forth), but otherwise, what's your feeling on it?

-K

"Creating my own phone themes since 2011"

Until something new and "killer" comes out, like the reboot mod and TWS fix, nothing for the time being. I haven't seen anything "must have" lately,
I am planing to bring a little 2.2.2 into it though.

waynebeep

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Hello! I've been lurking the forums for several months and finally decided to root and rom my phone. This was the first time I ever tried anything like this and it went as smooth as I hoped. I'm enjoying the overclock and extra storage space. My only (minor) problem is the stock live wallpaper is gone and I can't seem to restore it from my titanium backup. Any suggestions?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

That was all removed and Titanium can't restore it.
Look on the market there are nicer ones or let me know, give me a day or so and I can make it available as a flashable file to put them back.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

This will take a moment to boot the first time, sit back and enjoy the
show.

How long is "a moment"? I'm at the "Harmonia" logo; it was animating but has not stopped...it's been at least 20 minutes.

EDIT: pulled battery, wiped data and cache, installed using recovery instead of ROMTools. Worked ok. I think the problem with ROMTools is that you can't really wipe and install a ROM at the same time (or the instructions aren't clear enough :)

EDIT2: WOW! This thing is smoooooooth! I should have done this months ago. Big thanks LeslieAnn!

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

How long is "a moment"? I'm at the "Harmonia" logo; it was animating but has not stopped...it's been at least 20 minutes.

EDIT: pulled battery, wiped data and cache, installed using recovery instead of ROMTools. Worked ok. I think the problem with ROMTools is that you can't really wipe and install a ROM at the same time (or the instructions aren't clear enough :)

EDIT2: WOW! This thing is smoooooooth! I should have done this months ago. Big thanks LeslieAnn!

Glad you like it. :)
I guess I could put a time, since many seem to wait 20 minutes. It definitely doesn't take that long.

Nibble

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

I love Harmonia, love it all, and yes I am new to this.
There's just one thing I don't understand. (extra credit if you know the movie that's a quote from)
Its probably really simple, how do I get LauncherPro to use the LeslieDock theme? LauncherPro doesn't seem to see it, recovery doesn't see the rar, converting it to a zip doesn't seem to help... I'm not sure what else I should try...

Nibble

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I love Harmonia, love it all, and yes I am new to this.
There's just one thing I don't understand. (extra credit if you know the movie that's a quote from)
Its probably really simple, how do I get LauncherPro to use the LeslieDock theme? LauncherPro doesn't seem to see it, recovery doesn't see the rar, converting it to a zip doesn't seem to help... I'm not sure what else I should try...

Nibble

Download LauncherPro from the marketplace.
Download and extract the files to your sdcard.
Then in preferences for LauncherPro, point to the files.

Those files are not flashed as a zip, they are just the raw files.

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

After rooting my phone several weeks ago I felt the need to flash a new ROM. I chose Harmonia... it was a very good choice. Everything went as planned except ROM tools would not flash the ROM. Lucky for me the recovery flashed and didn't leave me with a brick. I had to put it on the SD card and flash from recovery. I tried several times with ROM tools but no go. Anyway this ROM frees up a LOT of space.... My one question is... I downloaded google maps from the market and installed. What is the "Harmonia maps patch late may patch" for in the second post?

PS I also need a different ringtone ... :)))

Last edited:

gasman89

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for this. Just installed this morning n so far so good. I think i have run into a bug although I cant be sure. I am unable to add my facebook account to the accounts & sync settings. Anyone else have this problem?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for this. Just installed this morning n so far so good. I think i have run into a bug although I cant be sure. I am unable to add my facebook account to the accounts & sync settings. Anyone else have this problem?

I've only seen that when I forgot to install Facebook lol. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling fb.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

After rooting my phone several weeks ago I felt the need to flash a new ROM. I chose Harmonia... it was a very good choice. Everything went as planned except ROM tools would not flash the ROM. Lucky for me the recovery flashed and didn't leave me with a brick. I had to put it on the SD card and flash from recovery. I tried several times with ROM tools but no go. Anyway this ROM frees up a LOT of space.... My one question is... I downloaded google maps from the market and installed. What is the "Harmonia maps patch late may patch" for in the second post?

PS I also need a different ringtone ... :)))

Most apps are relatively small, Maps however is quite big, so I left it as an option.

The problem is, if I install it with the rom and an update comes out, you lose space for apps and not everyone wants it. So I made it as an option. By putting it in the system folder it leaves you more room for apps, at least until an update comes out. I'm trying to keep up with it though. It just saves you 10 megs by using it this way instead.

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Most apps are relatively small, Maps however is quite big, so I left it as an option.

The problem is, if I install it with the rom and an update comes out, you lose space for apps and not everyone wants it. So I made it as an option. By putting it in the system folder it leaves you more room for apps, at least until an update comes out. I'm trying to keep up with it though. It just saves you 10 megs by using it this way instead.
That makes sense. 10 megs is a big saving on this phone ..Thanks ....