[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.3.1 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 16July11 (2.2 bit

Er....my bad I was looking at the wrong app in the settings. I was looking at words with friends. YouTube is still showing up as 1.7mb, though. Even at that I understand it's not worth the trouble for you.

I looked at mine, granted it's linked to my ext3 partition with link2sd but mine shows a size of 1.28 mb for the app itself. With cache it's 1.29.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I've been having an issue since applying the 1.3.1 update. In the new market I am able to download and install free apps and apps I've previously purchased but when I try to buy a new app the market force closes. I've reapplied 1.3.1 a few times with no change.

Have you tried a fresh download of the patch?
It can be corrupted any time it is moved from first download to when you actually flash it.

glowshi

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried a fresh download of the patch?
It can be corrupted any time it is moved from first download to when you actually flash it.
Just downloaded and applied another fresh copy of 1.3.1, then tried to buy and app and got the same force close. Has anyone else bought any new apps since applying the update?

dnizzle91

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

no new market?? is there any change or is it just an improved version of the old one

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

I looked at mine, granted it's linked to my ext3 partition with link2sd but mine shows a size of 1.28 mb for the app itself. With cache it's 1.29.

App is 1.28mb for mine as well but 1.7 with cache. That explains it, I must not have been paying attention on that one. Either way, it's not as big as I thought it was when I was looking a words with friends.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

App is 1.28mb for mine as well but 1.7 with cache. That explains it, I must not have been paying attention on that one. Either way, it's not as big as I thought it was when I was looking a words with friends.

That's why I use quick app cleaner (or something to that effect) as it goes through and cleans all my cache for me. I have it set to clean every 3 hours and it's constantly showing 5 to 10 mb of cache cleaned lol.

no new market?? is there any change or is it just an improved version of the old one

It isn't "improved" just new. I would suggest using the "old" one until the bugs are ironed out with the new one.

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
My market has been working great. Not sure where the problem may be here. I did the download directly to the phone (for the update). Been perfect every time I changed something.

Sent from a rooted SuperPAD clone with Android 2.2 :p

anon(365490)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

First - nice job on the ROM, this is my first flash, after reading numerous posts here & elsewhere, I decided to take the plunge. I've only had Harmonia 1.3.1 on for about an hour so far, but it looks good. This leads to a couple of simple questions...

Installation of the 'optional' zips mentioned in post 2 under Things removed...
Maps - i haven't installed this yet, you mention that it goes into the system area, thus freeing space up. What happens when Google releases an update to maps?

Sounds & ringtones, I installed this, but now I have the standard Virgin Mobile sound at boot time (which I hate). Can I fix this easily (I'd just as soon have a simple 'plunk' sound. Is there an easy way to backout this flash, or should I just reload the Harmonia 1.3 - 1.3.1 ROM?

That's it - gotta say it's making me love the Optimus V, I tried a Moto Triumph out for a week, for me, just not worth the $$$ and, I like the smaller size of the V anyways. The Moto is going back tomorrow....

Keep it up & many thanks for your hard work...

Last edited:

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

For backup just boot into recovery, go to restore and backup, and just click backup

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I have just updated the stock ROM with Harmonia 1.3.1. This is another prime example of how a small group of motivated and skilled people can do so much better job than a large team of paid professionals. This had to be the stock Optimus V ROM. Thank you LeslieAnn and all of the collaborators, thank you.

bymotion

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I've been reading a lot of threads/posts but since I can no longer use ThunderC recovery, I need to start using ROMtools. Just to clarify how to install Harmonia 1.3: Can I.....
1) Use gingerbreak 1.2 to root phone
2) download ROMtools on to computer and flash recovery to phone (?)
3) download Harmonia, put it on SD card, and then use ROMtools to flash it?

Is this right? I used to do it the long way by typing adb commands but I want to keep up with the times haha.

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading a lot of threads/posts but since I can no longer use ThunderC recovery, I need to start using ROMtools. Just to clarify how to install Harmonia 1.3: Can I.....

Is this right? I used to do it the long way by typing adb commands but I want to keep up with the times haha.

Sounds right to me.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Installation of the 'optional' zips mentioned in post 2 under Things removed...
Maps - i haven't installed this yet, you mention that it goes into the system area, thus freeing space up. What happens when Google releases an update to maps?

Sounds & ringtones, I installed this, but now I have the standard Virgin Mobile sound at boot time (which I hate). Can I fix this easily (I'd just as soon have a simple 'plunk' sound. Is there an easy way to backout this flash, or should I just reload the Harmonia 1.3 - 1.3.1 ROM?
You can remove sounds using a rooted file manager, but it may just be easier to reload things. Once you get batter at backups, it becomes easy to just reload.

As for the Maps updates, you can disable auto update and wait for me to release the latest in flash form, or let it install the update, then remove the update and flash when I release the updated flash. I try to keep it up to date within a few days.

My market has been working great. Not sure where the problem may be here. I did the download directly to the phone (for the update). Been perfect every time I changed something.
It works fine until you click purchase then it FC's. It doesn't even complete the purchase.

The best way (in my opinion) is install one of the Xionia recoveries (which are the better ones anyhow), copy the zip to the SDCard, reboot to recovery and flash the zip there. No need for a computer.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Is there an advantage of flashing Maps? AFAIK, it has no space advantage compared to installing from Market. When it is updated from Market, it takes double space if it was flashed compared to installation from Market.

Similarly, there is an update on the Market for Voice Search. Instead of applying the update, I have deleted it using Titanium Backup from ROM and installed it again from the Market to avoid wasting space. It is still working fine. Is it possible to exclude Voice Search in the main ROM (just like Google Search) and move into a package along with Maps?

anon(365490)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

I just went through & reflashed starting at 1.3. Before applying 1.3.1 with the new market i tried to purchase an App and the market worked fine. After applying 1.3.1 I tried the new market app and got the Force Close error.
I'll try again in a bit and download 1.3.1 direct to the phone and apply it...

BTW - I double-checked the MD5's on both zips and they matched...

Last edited:

anon(365490)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Not sure if this will help, I did a logcat while trying to purchase from the Market:

I/wifi ( 124): [android_net_wifi_getRssiHelper] rssi -40
D/dalvikvm( 625): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 6391 objects / 1197496 bytes in 109ms
E/Finsky ( 625): [1] AppPermissionAdapter.<init>: Invalid group name:null
W/Finsky ( 625): [1] CarrierParamsAction.run: Saving carrier billing params failed.
D/Finsky ( 625): [1] CarrierProvisioningAction.shouldFetchProvisioning: Required CarrierBillingParams missing. Shouldn't fetch provisioning.
W/AccountManagerService( 124): caller uid 10038 is different than the authenticator's uid
D/AndroidRuntime( 625): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 625): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40020968)
E/AndroidRuntime( 625): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 625): java.lang.SecurityException: caller uid 10038 is different than the authenticator's uid
E/AndroidRuntime( 625): at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1247)
E/AndroidRuntime( 625): at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1235)
E/AndroidRuntime( 625): at android.accounts.IAccountManager$Stub$Proxy.peekAuthToken(IAccountManager.java:610)