[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

anon(365490)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.3.1 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 16July11 (2.2 bit

Simple question, am I imagining this... I could have sworn that before when I assigned a PIN to unlock my phone that it always displayed the slider unlock screen and then the enter PIN screen. I went ahead last night and assigned a PIN, and, now when I push the power button 'on' I automagically go to the enter PIN screen. I'd like the slider screen back, as I put my emergency contact info on that. Did I muck something up somewhere, or, is it my feeble mind playing tricks on me :)

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Simple question, am I imagining this... I could have sworn that before when I assigned a PIN to unlock my phone that it always displayed the slider unlock screen and then the enter PIN screen. I went ahead last night and assigned a PIN, and, now when I push the power button 'on' I automagically go to the enter PIN screen. I'd like the slider screen back, as I put my emergency contact info on that. Did I muck something up somewhere, or, is it my feeble mind playing tricks on me :)

It does this for me as well.

slyr114

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

is it supposed to show 2.2.1 in the about phone menu? did i get the update applied correctly?

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Leslieann can you please clarify what the issue is about Maps updates? There was an update in the Market today, and it seemed to work fine.

travisbickle

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Leslieann can you please clarify what the issue is about Maps updates? There was an update in the Market today, and it seemed to work fine.

It's just a convenience to save space on the internal storage. By updating the app every time it adds on to the filesize and doesn't remove the old version.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

It's just a convenience to save space on the internal storage. By updating the app every time it adds on to the filesize and doesn't remove the old version.

Ah I see! To be clear though:

• There is one copy of Maps that you install with the ROM.
  • If I update from the Market a second copy is made?
  • If I update from the Market again, a third copy is made, or does it overwrite the previous one?

So either I have 2 copies at most, or n copies where n is the number of updates?

Thanks!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Ah I see! To be clear though:

• There is one copy of Maps that you install with the ROM.
  • If I update from the Market a second copy is made?
  • If I update from the Market again, a third copy is made, or does it overwrite the previous one?

So either I have 2 copies at most, or n copies where n is the number of updates?

Thanks!

Normally...
Maps is shipped with a rom, this is in the file system and does not use up app space.
Whee an update comes out, it gets stored in app space, and therefore you end up with two copies. When another update comes out, the second one is replaced. You cannot update files in the system.

On Harmonia...
Maps is NOT shipped with the rom.
After you flash the rom, you have the option of flashing Maps into the system files.
When an update comes out, it goes into app storage, if you let it update.

However, within a few days I try to release an updated flasher.
This lets you uninstall any updates and replace the one in the system, saving your app storage for other apps.

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn, is there a solution to this?

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

On Harmonia...
After you flash the rom, you have the option of flashing Maps into the system files.

This lets you uninstall any updates and replace the one in the system, saving your app storage for other apps.

Thanks. In fact I never knew I had the option to flash maps (I probably missed it) so in my case after installing Harmonia I just downloaded Maps from the Market, which I'm assuming installs into app storage? So in my case I only have one copy, ever, right?

Yes it takes app storage, but I don't have a problem with that.

Thanks for the explanation, in any case!

anon(365490)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Normally...
Maps is shipped with a rom, this is in the file system and does not use up app space.
Whee an update comes out, it gets stored in app space, and therefore you end up with two copies. When another update comes out, the second one is replaced. You cannot update files in the system.

On Harmonia...

I'm attempting to understand how Android allocates space, as I understand it (which could be completely incorrect), there is a certain amount of space allocate to the system ROM area, and, then space allocated to cache(?), and then to data (apps). Harmonia allows you to install Maps to the system rom space, but, if you update from the Marketplace, it will install a 2nd copy in the 'data' (apps) space. So, is it possible to allocate less space to /system and more to /data, thus alleviating the issue of updating certain apps?

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I tried the black status bars LeslieAnn posted (black-normal-statusbar) in the first page with Harmonia 1.3.1 on my OV. I noticed that some of the icons were not looking good on the black background (e.g. alarm clock, upload, download, gps, sd card, vibration indicators). I have fixed them in the UOT kitchen using LeslieAnn's (I hope that's OK) framework-res.apk and replaced the battery icon with a fancy one :) I have also changed the notifications window a little bit to match with black status bar and reverted the boot animation to the original Android. You can see below

You can download the zip file here

If you want to use the zip file above, in the recovery first flash LeslieAnn's black-normal-statusbar from the first page and this file after that. If you want the Harmonia boot animation back (or save space), you can just delete /data/local/bootanimation.zip on the phone with a root filemanager. I hope LeslieAnn would not object posting this here. I can delete the post if requested.

Last edited:
Reactions: skitzles

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

I tried the black status bars LeslieAnn posted (black-normal-statusbar) in the first page with Harmonia 1.3.1 on my OV. I noticed that some of the icons were not looking good on the black background (e.g. alarm clock, upload, download, gps, sd card, vibration indicators). I have fixed them in the UOT kitchen using LeslieAnn's (I hope that's OK) framework-res.apk and replaced the battery icon with a fancy one :) I have also changed the notifications window a little bit to match with black status bar and reverted the boot animation to the original Android. You can see below

You can download the zip file here

If you want to use the zip file above, in the recovery first flash LeslieAnn's black-normal-statusbar from the first page and this file after that. If you want the Harmonia boot animation back (or save space), you can just delete /data/local/bootanimation.zip on the phone with a root filemanager. I hope LeslieAnn would not object posting this here. I can delete the post if requested.

Would you mind sharing your background from that screenshot? I really like it. :)

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I flashed Framirezferrer's bars to my phone. Looks really good. I like the full color icons. If I knew how screenshot worked I'd show you. I've thought about changing the battery back to the one on Leslie's black bar (upright). I used that one before and liked it.

Sent from my Op V using Tapatalk.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn, is there a solution to this?
I would look into what all you have installed.
If it;s not something you installed, then it is something that changed while adding the reboot menu, but I doubt that.

Thanks. In fact I never knew I had the option to flash maps (I probably missed it) so in my case after installing Harmonia I just downloaded Maps from the Market, which I'm assuming installs into app storage? So in my case I only have one copy, ever, right?

Yes it takes app storage, but I don't have a problem with that.

Thanks for the explanation, in any case!
Yes, you only have 1 copy.

I hope LeslieAnn would not object posting this here. I can delete the post if requested.
No worries, that looks good. :)

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

I would look into what all you have installed.
If it;s not something you installed, then it is something that changed while adding the reboot menu, but I doubt that.

I don't have any kind of abnormal app or lockscreen replacement installed. I haven't done anything extra to the ROM. Not sure what's causing it.

poppybe

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I reflashed Harmonia and everything is perfect. The cell reception is the same. I have better access in my room. However, in the drop down notification it still says Virgin Mobile. Did something not take? I thought it was supposed to say Harmonia.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance