[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I reflashed Harmonia and everything is perfect. The cell reception is the same. I have better access in my room. However, in the drop down notification it still says Virgin Mobile. Did something not take? I thought it was supposed to say Harmonia.

You also have to flash the patch to get the "Harmonia" in the notification drawer.

Sent from a disparaged guy with a SuperPAD...another happy customer.

Reactions: poppybe

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.3.1 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 16July11 (2.2 bit

LeslieAnn, I was wondering, there is a new map update just released today 7/28 Is there a simple way we can make the update to maps without you having to take the time to develop one? I have no idea how easy (or hard) it might be ...I thought if it were easy enough we could save you some time.

anon(365490)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn, I was wondering, there is a new map update just released today 7/28 Is there a simple way we can make the update to maps without you having to take the time to develop one? I have no idea how easy (or hard) it might be ...I thought if it were easy enough we could save you some time.

I believe that you can go ahead an update it from the Marketplace, it will take up space outside of the 'system' area (in your 'data' space). You'll have 2 copies, but will be running the newer. Once she comes out with the zip for it, you'll need to remove the updated one before applying the updated zipfile.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Use the current maps zip, open it with any decompressor, and overwrite the apk in it. Don't decomepress then recompress, just open and drop it in.

To flash it, you will have to turn off signature checking, but it will work.

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Use the current maps zip, open it with any decompressor, and overwrite the apk in it. Don't decomepress then recompress, just open and drop it in.

To flash it, you will have to turn off signature checking, but it will work.
Is it just an overwrite when flashing... no need to remove anything??????? I haven't let the market update it yet so I am solely running off of your zip file. Looks like GMAIL can out with an update as well. Its hard to keep up..... http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/28/gmail-v2-3-5-for-android-adds-label-specific-ringtones-and-sync/

Last edited:

itsnotadam

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Can somebody PLEASE help me... or something lol. I love Harmonia, but whenever I use it I have issues with Gmail, when I try SENDING an email, gmail force closes and will not let me send it. Everything else works though, I could save drafts, receive emails, etc... but sending is the only issue. Any Ideas?

I really don't want to install any other ROM, the battery life in those aren't as amazing as Harmonia <3

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Is it just an overwrite when flashing... no need to remove anything??????? I haven't let the market update it yet so I am solely running off of your zip file. Looks like GMAIL can out with an update as well. Its hard to keep up..... Gmail v2.3.5 for Android adds label-specific ringtones and sync priority mail only options -- Engadget
Yes, it will just overwrite.
I need to push out the updates, but I'm contemplating something more drastic. I should have it figured out this weekend.

Can somebody PLEASE help me... or something lol. I love Harmonia, but whenever I use it I have issues with Gmail, when I try SENDING an email, gmail force closes and will not let me send it. Everything else works though, I could save drafts, receive emails, etc... but sending is the only issue. Any Ideas?

I really don't want to install any other ROM, the battery life in those aren't as amazing as Harmonia <3
Try starting over with a fresh download. Something may have been corrupted.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Is it possible to remove gmail, Google search, voice search from Harmonia just like Maps? If they are initially installed from the market and updated from there, wouldn't it be simpler and more efficient spacewise?

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Is it possible to remove gmail, Google search, voice search from Harmonia just like Maps? If they are initially installed from the market and updated from there, wouldn't it be simpler and more efficient spacewise?

Sure can, just use an app called SDX App Remover. Make sure to make a backup (can do via the app) of the .apk (which I think forces you to) before removing. When you back them up you can always just delete them from the folder for the app and redownload them from the market anytime you want.

There are more apps like this but this one I found to be the most simple and it's free. Just go under Manage System Apps and scroll through the list and find the name of the .apk you want to remove. Such as Gmail.apk etc.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I removed Gmail with Titanium from /system and installed the latest version from the market. It is working fine. However, when I removed Google search from /system and reinstalled from the market in the same way, the search button would not start the search app anymore although I could still start it from the launcher. So I uninstalled Google Search and restored into /system with Titanium (good to have the backup). Apparently, the search button is hardwired to the Google Search in /system.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

At one point those were left out on Aphrodite and it created issues for people.

I left Gmail in because if you add it later, you have to go and manually tell it to auto sync. Just one more thing to do each time I reload the system. Leaving Gmail in was for personal reasons.

Google search breaks the search button. Even if you add it back later to the app storage, it has to be in the system area. The same happens with Voice, they have to be in the system in order for the buttons to function.

Really though, they aren't big and aren't using app space so it's not a big deal, but yes, you can remove them.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Really though, they aren't big and aren't using app space so it's not a big deal, but yes, you can remove them.

Thanks for the reply and I agree that those are not a big deal. I am just trying to tweak further but it seems you did not leave much to do :)

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Yes, it will just overwrite.
I need to push out the updates, but I'm contemplating something more drastic. I should have it figured out this weekend.

Try starting over with a fresh download. Something may have been corrupted.
"but I'm contemplating something more drastic" I like the sound of that........ don't let me interrupt you ... :).

itsnotadam

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Something REALLY weird is happening (well not that weird)... I cant install Facebook lol. It says that Facebook isn't compatible with my phone, the hell?

Also on the webmarket, it says that my phones carrier is Mid-Tex or something

EDIT: Ignore this, did a fresh install... AGAIN lol

Last edited:

iiturnull

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

As a few others have mentioned, I am also having insane battery drain. I am going to try reflashing and if that fails to help, I'll experiment with some other ROMs.

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn, I never got the updated maps to take on my phone I followed your instructions to the letter. The install process went fine (no errors) it just never updated the map version. any ideas?? One more ? whats the difference between "apply sdcard:update.zip" and "install zip from sdcard" options???

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
LeslieAnn, I never got the updated maps to take on my phone I followed your instructions to the letter. The install process went fine (no errors) it just never updated the map version. any ideas?? One more ? whats the difference between "apply sdcard:update.zip" and "install zip from sdcard" options???

Only use install zip from SDcard... update may do damage, depending on what is stored in there.

Sent from a SuperPAD via Tapatalk

Reactions: Timm129

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn, I never got the updated maps to take on my phone I followed your instructions to the letter. The install process went fine (no errors) it just never updated the map version. any ideas??
Are you sure it didn't update, it's often hard to tell without finding the actual version number.

Only use install zip from SDcard... update may do damage, depending on what is stored in there.
Correct.

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Are you sure it didn't update, it's often hard to tell without finding the actual version number.

Correct.
I finally got it to work. My first download must have been a bad .apk file. it didn't have all the files the update needed. The second .apk file that I got was bigger in size and it worked. If you like I can attach the update.zip file that I used.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie