[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.3.1 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 16July11 (2.2 bit

I finally got it to work. My first download must have been a bad .apk file. it didn't have all the files the update needed. The second .apk file that I got was bigger in size and it worked. If you like I can attach the update.zip file that I used.
You can if you like.
You will need to remind people that it is unsigned though.

wch_one

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

I updated to Harmonia 1.3.1 when it came out. Just yesterday my phone started showing a sync notification icon all the time, and it comes back even after I reboot.

I suspect it has something to do with the new Market. Perhaps not the version of Market (3.0.26) that was included with Harmonia 1.3.1, but the version that has since been released, version 3.0.27. It seems to automatically update to 3.0.27 without any intervention on my part, and I can't find a way to stop it.

I don't have much evidence that it's the Market, but I haven't installed any apps recently, and I have updated only a few apps recently (I haven't turned on auto-update for any apps). So I want to see if it's the Market app.

I have two questions:
Has anyone else encountered this persistent sync notification thing?
Does anyone know what the least painful way is to roll it back to the old (pre-3.0) version of the Market app?

Thanks!

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone know what the least painful way is to roll it back to the old (pre-3.0) version of the Market app?

Thanks!
You can uninstall the updates in Application settings. When I installed Harmonia 1.3.1, it came with Market 2.3.6 not 3.0.26.

Market updated itself OTA to 3.0.27 two-three days ago. I have never seen 3.0.26 on my OV.

wch_one

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

You can uninstall the updates in Application settings. When I installed Harmonia 1.3.1, it came with Market 2.3.6 not 3.0.26.

Market updated itself OTA to 3.0.27 two-three days ago. I have never seen 3.0.26 on my OV.

I actually did uninstall it from the Application settings, and that took me back to 3.0.26.

I know that Harmonia 1.3 had the old market, and I'm pretty sure that the Harmonia 1.3.1 update changed the market to 3.0.x.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I actually did uninstall it from the Application settings, and that took me back to 3.0.26.

I know that Harmonia 1.3 had the old market, and I'm pretty sure that the Harmonia 1.3.1 update changed the market to 3.0.x.

You are correct! I just checked the 1.3.1 patch file and found the Market update in it. Although I had installed the patch file, apparently the market update was not done.I have put 3.0.27 in the patch file, uninstalled the update, and reflashed the 1.3.1 as an unsigned package. It worked this time.

To roll back to 2.3.6. You can copy /system/app/com.android.vending-1.apk from Harmonia 1.3 package to 1.3.1 package (just drag and drop with zip program on your PC, don't unzip and repackage). Uninstall the update and flash 1.3.1 again as an unsigned package in the recovery. Still the Market can update it to 3.0.27 again without asking you as it happened on my phone.

Last edited:

veeRob

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I just installed Harmonia recently, and I love it, but I'm having camera focus issues when using the Chase app. Is this a known problem? I have looked around for a fix for this, but I don't see one. Would appreciate the help if I'm overlooking something.

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

This is my favorite "bug free" rom after trying most if not all available in our forums..

I've gone and made some "theme" adjustments and thought i'd share them for those that are interested.
i can only confirm that they will work with Harmonia 1.3 so i'm posting them here

I used ADB to pull the related apks and then used 7-Zip to open the apks and then dragged the attached files into the apks then pushed the apks back to the phone via ADB, with the screen off, then rebooted the phone to customized success

I found the Icons HERE and resized them to "our" sizes with PhotoShop and renamed the extensions to match the extensions in the related apks(some vary depending on the apk). I also took some of the "settings" icons from Reborn ROM.

I am attaching the "icons" in a zip and also screenshots of my changes.

I highly recommend making a "backup" before you do any changes.
I also advise making a copy of the apks (before any changes) that you pull via adb, so that if you have any problems, you can simply push the original apk back to your phone, or startover.

If you are experienced in ADB commands and in using 7zip, this process should take less than an hour to complete.

I figured i'd post my changes so others can enjoy a bit of a "themed" Harmonia 1.3 :D

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

After updating the maps to 5.8.0 version. (I used the update.zip method through recovery not through the market) I've noticed that every morning after I power up the phone maps shows ver. 5.7.0. If I reboot.. the maps ver changes to 5.8.0. I must have both version on my phone even after the update. Is there a way to go in and find the older version and delete in manually. In other words I would like to delete google maps completely on my phone and start over.

Last edited:

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

This is my favorite "bug free" rom after trying most if not all available in our forums..

I've gone and made some "theme" adjustments and thought i'd share them for those that are interested.
i can only confirm that they will work with Harmonia 1.3 so i'm posting them here

I used ADB to pull the related apks and then used 7-Zip to open the apks and then dragged the attached files into the apks then pushed the apks back to the phone via ADB, with the screen off, then rebooted the phone to customized success

I found the Icons HERE and resized them to "our" sizes with PhotoShop and renamed the extensions to match the extensions in the related apks(some vary depending on the apk). I also took some of the "settings" icons from Reborn ROM.

I am attaching the "icons" in a zip and also screenshots of my changes.

I highly recommend making a "backup" before you do any changes.
I also advise making a copy of the apks (before any changes) that you pull via adb, so that if you have any problems, you can simply push the original apk back to your phone, or startover.

If you are experienced in ADB commands and in using 7zip, this process should take less than an hour to complete.

I figured i'd post my changes so others can enjoy a bit of a "themed" Harmonia 1.3 :D

I really like the changes. Good work. Hopefully I'll find the time to make the changes.

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

i think i'm going to try to make an "update.zip" later today, hopefully

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I tried to upload my .zip file but the server wouldn't take it for some reason.

waynebeep

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I just installed Harmonia recently, and I love it, but I'm having camera focus issues when using the Chase app. Is this a known problem? I have looked around for a fix for this, but I don't see one. Would appreciate the help if I'm overlooking something.
Its likely the app, not the ROM, since everyone seems to have this problem according to the comments in the Market.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

New Patches...

Maps 5.8 flasher (uninstall any updates first)
Maps_5.8_patch.zip

Market 3.0.27 flasher (uninstall any updates first)
Market_3.0.27_patch.zip
This may fix FC's for some of you when purchasing, but is still not perfect. It worked once for me, but not after I tried a second time. A similar thing happened with the last patch as well so it may work for you.

Gmail 2.3.5 flasher (uninstall any updates first)
Gmail_2.3.5_patch.zip
Be warned, this will break email notification for Launcher Pro and ADW, possibly others, Launcher Pro is working on a fix.

Note these are not on the first post yet.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

LesliAnn, have you thought about building a ROM based on IHO? I have been using BACKside-IHO since several days. It is very close to IHO/CM7.1. It is very stable and everything works AFAIK. You could build a highly customized/optimized ROM based on IHO, I think.

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

LesliAnn, have you thought about building a ROM based on IHO? I have been using BACKside-IHO since several days. It is very close to IHO/CM7.1. It is very stable and everything works AFAIK. You could build a highly customized/optimized ROM based on IHO, I think.

I also would like to see this. Stripping it down like Harmonia would been make for an excellent ROM.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

As far as I know, there isn't really anything in it to remove.
Granted, Harmonia has evolved beyond just being a stripped out rom, but essentially that is what it is.

The problem with ALL of the CM7 ports are that they are are all based on the same files.
Not happy with the accelerometer? Too bad.
Not happy with battery life? Too bad.

Other than bug tweaks here or there, they are essentially the same underpinnings. You can cherry pick fixes, but you can't cherry pick much beyond that. You are at the mercy of the people writing code, something I can't do.

Besides that, I really don't have the time or drive to dive into another Android project, it's tedious. Then even once it's done, you have the support end of it. I don't want to make one and then not support it, it's not in my nature.

If you doubt the amount of effort it takes, consider this, Harmonia is 4 months old. It's one of the oldest roms still being used, supported and developed and that I'm one of the older devs for the OV. Within 2 months, most of the current roms will have faded into the distance. Most have only been supported for about a month. Even the devs themselves leave after only a short time.

Who knows though, I could get bored next week and make one. :p

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

If you doubt the amount of effort it takes, consider this, Harmonia is 4 months old. It's one of the oldest roms still being used, supported and developed and that I'm one of the older devs for the OV. Within 2 months, most of the current roms will have faded into the distance. Most have only been supported for about a month. Even the devs themselves leave after only a short time.

Who knows though, I could get bored next week and make one. :p
The emphasis is mine and the main reason I would try a GB based rom by you.
I have respected and appreciated you are still here chugging along with all of us.
Unlike many of the devs that got bored and/or broke their phone you are still around giving to the people.

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

New Patches...

Maps 5.8 flasher (uninstall any updates first)
Maps_5.8_patch.zip

Market 3.0.27 flasher (uninstall any updates first)
Market_3.0.27_patch.zip
This may fix FC's for some of you when purchasing, but is still not perfect. It worked once for me, but not after I tried a second time. A similar thing happened with the last patch as well so it may work for you.

Gmail 2.3.5 flasher (uninstall any updates first)
Gmail_2.3.5_patch.zip
Be warned, this will break email notification for Launcher Pro and ADW, possibly others, Launcher Pro is working on a fix.

Note these are not on the first post yet.

Hello
I updated the maps and the version shows 5.8 but when I go to market it still says I need an update for maps.. why??

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Do you have a flash for the updated swype?
When I flashed 1.3.1 I still have the old market, and had to update the gmail. I don't mind that but I wanted to know what was different about the mms and how to know if it updated. My system does say 1.3.1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz