[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

xabbott

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.5E (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 10AUG11 Edify FIxe

The only changed on them is the battery icon and/or color. That is all.
Something failed.
Yea, I'm using 1.5E and I've flashed those status bars just fine.

Also unrelated. This is the first time I've used Harmonia since probably version 1. I was using BB for so long. Anyway, the battery life on Harmonia is amazing! I love it.

I really liked BB and liked IHO even more. But at the end of the day battery life is the most important thing to me. This is part of my problem with so many Android phones out there. So much work on dual core, bigger screens, etc. while battery life gets worse.

tcat007

May 17, 2011
Visit site

I am debating whether to install Harmonia. Just rooted 2 days ago (took me 6 months to decide to do that!) With link2SD I'm now at 100mb free, wow! I'm happy with things like they are, my only concern with Harmonia is battery life. I get great life now (very light use), of 3-4 days. I am in airplane mode from 6PM to 9AM each day. I've seen a couple of these graphs, is this an app or built into Harmonia?
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2977/220battery210100.jpg

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

If you want stock harmonia works very good and removes all the bloat. I use link and had 150 mb free using over 90 apps. battery life is good.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I am debating whether to install Harmonia. Just rooted 2 days ago (took me 6 months to decide to do that!) With link2SD I'm now at 100mb free, wow! I'm happy with things like they are, my only concern with Harmonia is battery life. I get great life now (very light use), of 3-4 days. I am in airplane mode from 6PM to 9AM each day. I've seen a couple of these graphs, is this an app or built into Harmonia?
That chart is part of Cyanogen or Gingerbread, I'm not sure if there is an app for it or if it's even possible on Froyo.

Battery life on Harmonia is widely considered to be the best of any OV rom. A few have had bad life with it, but this can be attributed to their apps.

3-4 days is a lot.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm on the IHO CM7.1 ROM and could probably get 3-4 days with light use too, w/ airplane mode during sleep. The idle drain is about less than 1%/hour. I'm curious how the drains compare under active use between the two ROMs.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm on the IHO CM7.1 ROM and could probably get 3-4 days with light use too, w/ airplane mode during sleep. The idle drain is about less than 1%/hour. I'm curious how the drains compare under active use between the two ROMs.

I would expect about 20% better than you get with IHO, but it's just a guess.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I would expect about 20% better than you get with IHO, but it's just a guess.

Is there anything in Harmonia specifically that would account for the better battery drain? I'm pretty sure BACKside IHO (or any of the current builds) do not have any battery tweaks other than default CM7.1 stuff. I'm running a test kernel from blarf that lowers the DRAM voltage & CPU voltage, he may or may not include it in future kernels. I just prefer more concrete evidence than people's subjective impressions.

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there anything in Harmonia specifically that would account for the better battery drain? I'm pretty sure BACKside IHO (or any of the current builds) do not have any battery tweaks other than default CM7.1 stuff. I'm running a test kernel from blarf that lowers the DRAM voltage & CPU voltage, he may or may not include it in future kernels. I just prefer more concrete evidence than people's subjective impressions.

changlog in backside says it uses blarfs most current kernel with battery tweaks built in.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

changlog in backside says it uses blarfs most current kernel with battery tweaks built in.

I've been monitoring the source changes on github, "battery tweaks" is Jerry's words, it's probably referring to the slightly longer time between wifi scans when it doesn't have a recognized AP in range, or the slightly longer timeslices in the CPU scheduler, all of which are in kernel r1.2. The kernel I'm running is further based on r1.2 that isn't released yet with the lower voltage, I'm helping test its stability for blarf.

So unless Harmonia is running something like an undervolt kernel, or some power saving binaries from LG, there shouldn't be any differences compared to IHO's battery. It's most likely both are pushing the limits on what the hardware can do (radio, GPS, screen, CPU).

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Harmonia, same as Rodimus, is not pure LG OV code. Both are the top in terms of battery life. Both are using bits of Optimus S software (by way of Stock + Xionia). How much exactly is left on Harmonia, I have no idea to be honest. I also don't know every trick Picasticks used in the kernel.

The battery life however isn't entirely subjective, Marzz did do tests a while back with Aphrodite and Rodimus and others, both were ahead of the pack. Granted, the GB roms have improved, A LOT. As had Aphrodite, which shortly after became Harmonia. I doubt anyone will tell you they match Harmonia just yet though.

I just checked. I'm on route to a 36 hour life with my IHO under similar (maybe a tiny bit less) use as Harmonia where I got 44 hours. So my estimate isn't off a by a whole lot. I'm not going to complain about 36 hour battery life. is it Harmonia, nope, but it's more than enough. This build may not have the very latest tweaks though and it isn't as tweaked as I would like. I merely installed this over another build. I'll run another build tonight and see how it goes tomorrow.

And yes, I know Harmonia is pushing the limits on what the hardware can run on, at least without voltage adjustment. You can only go so low on software alone.

By the way, Harmonia 2.0 will not be called that, it will have another name. Still figuring it out though.

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

cant flash this rom anyone...let alone any rom. all this started after i flashed xionia recovery

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Will your iho have the theme app in it like backside does?
Yes, but it may not have ADW Launcher

cant flash this rom anyone...let alone any rom. all this started after i flashed xionia recovery
Your recovery is probably borked, re-flash it, or flash IHO recovery, since that now works fine with this.

magsslars

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

just wanted to say "grazie mille" to LeslieAnn!!

I live on a remote island off new england, and for the couple weeks after I bought my OV just assumed the sprint coverage was so bad that data did not appear once - but then got zero data in Boston and zero data in SF as well. so I tried the airplane mode fix and the cdma prl fix, as well as a couple other roms - but this is the only thing that made a 3G appear in the status bar for me!!

also also, it is teh_snappy!

thanks!!!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

just wanted to say "grazie mille" to LeslieAnn!!

I live on a remote island off new england, and for the couple weeks after I bought my OV just assumed the sprint coverage was so bad that data did not appear once - but then got zero data in Boston and zero data in SF as well. so I tried the airplane mode fix and the cdma prl fix, as well as a couple other roms - but this is the only thing that made a 3G appear in the status bar for me!!

also also, it is teh_snappy!

thanks!!!

You're very welcome.

This is why I kind of dismiss requests for lots of mods. The idea is mod it yourself, but also, it makes for a very reliable, stable rom that works.

I have a report of Xionia .4 recovery not liking the new statusbar flashers I made, can anyone confirm this so I'm not reloading my recovery and rom twice?

Thank you in advance.

opiomi

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

The only problem i'm getting is that I can't get tasker to install. Everything else is working perfectly.

magiccheeto

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Good job with this rom, LeslieAnn! :) Everything works better on 1.5 than it did on 1.2. For some reason, I'm getting a little bit better of a cell signal with 1.5 and the battery life is awesome (12 hours in and I still have 80% battery). I especially like that the TWS bug is fixed, I would find it very tedious to fix that at boot all the time because when I drop the phone the battery comes out a lot, so I have to reboot.

Thanks! I really appreciate all the hard work you guys put into it.

magsslars

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

You're very welcome.

This is why I kind of dismiss requests for lots of mods. The idea is mod it yourself, but also, it makes for a very reliable, stable rom that works.

yeah, it's nice to have something very spare and elegant, that just works. and then anyone can build on it.

I had an lg gt540 (lost/stolen, why I got the OV) and the various gingerbread roms for it were nice but just had way too much sprawl (more in a good way than what the vendors force on you, but still...)

my fiancee has an optimus T and I haven't wanted to mess with it, but if there were something this clean I totally would.

thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20