[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

w0rd#AC

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.5E (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 10AUG11 Edify FIxe

My Google maps won't update from the market. I used the 5.8 Map Patch.zip posted earlier in this thread to initially install it.

I tried deleting the maps.apk file but it seems to be locked. Tried deleting from file expert and a force remove from Titanium backup.

Maybe I should have just installed it from the market to begin with.

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

My Google maps won't update from the market. I used the 5.8 Map Patch.zip posted earlier in this thread to initially install it.

I tried deleting the maps.apk file but it seems to be locked. Tried deleting from file expert and a force remove from Titanium backup.

I never flashed it but I did download it from market and had no issues with the update. Try going into the app manager going to market and clear the markets data and cache then restart the market. Then look for maps and see if it will update.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I plan on making a change to that soon.
I beleive at this point it can move at least most of the app to the SD, making the whole flashing pointless. I have to check though. If it does, I'm going to make a remove tool and have people just do that.

Use a root file manager and delete the maps file in system/apps, then you should be able to download the file from the Market.

If it is still sucking down 10 megs, then I will just make a new flasher.

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

I plan on making a change to that soon.
I beleive at this point it can move at least most of the app to the SD, making the whole flashing pointless. I have to check though. If it does, I'm going to make a remove tool and have people just do that.

Use a root file manager and delete the maps file in system/apps, then you should be able to download the file from the Market.

If it is still sucking down 10 megs, then I will just make a new flasher.

Maps will link to sd using link2sd making it take virtually no space.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Switched from BACKside to Harmonia. A couple of questions:

1) Is there some replacement in the market for the battery status graph in Gingerbread?

2) I found a zip on XDA that allowed installation of CM7's 'DSP Manager' on other roms (specifically Froyo roms) and got a scripting error when trying to flash. Is there any way to get this on Froyo? Battery life be damned, I need that thing, so I might have to go back if the answer is no.

Thanks!

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
So do i just need the edify installer to flash this rom? How to i restore apps that linked to sd? Did i see that the black notification bar from bumblebee rom works here?

Thanks

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

w0rd#AC

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Figured it out. Tried deleting maps.apk, deleting classes.dex for maps in dalvik cache. Tried wiping dalvik cache.

Went into the cache folder, and deleted 7 files called downloadfile.apk (1-7) and now it works.

So I guess this wasn't a problem with flashing the maps? Just a random market problem? I don't know.

Regardless, thanks for the great rom and support.

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

What can be done in Xionia recovery to "freshin" things up??? such as deleting all old cache and temp files. If I remember right, I can't use the factory reset option.

TIA

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I just installed and everything looks great. Uses link2sd and all apps linked. I did not install all of my applications that I had installed on bumblebee and I have 107 megabytes left.. With bumblebee I have more applications installed on 140 megabytes left. I am not complaining I just wanna make sure I don't have some weird issue.. Any ideas?

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

I just installed and everything looks great. Uses link2sd and all apps linked. I did not install all of my applications that I had installed on bumblebee and I have 107 megabytes left.. With bumblebee I have more applications installed on 140 megabytes left. I am not complaining I just wanna make sure I don't have some weird issue.. Any ideas?

Recheck your links sometimes the lib files will move back to the phone on reboot. That's a problem with all roms.

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I also have been having trouble installing maps 5.9. I install it through the recovery .zip method. I clear both maps and market data through the application menu and it shows up fine as 5.9. The next morning my phone will be back to ver 5.8 again. I'm wondering if I clear the cache parition and the dalvik cache before installing would help? Will clearing these two things affect anything else??

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

You could always backup all your apps with titanium backup, then reformat through the recovery and reflash the rom but don't flash maps and download it from market and restore your apps with titanium backup but don't restore system settings only your apps and data not system.

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Recheck your links sometimes the lib files will move back to the phone on reboot. That's a problem with all roms.

I did that twice and it stayed the same... Very weird.. Could it be something with the way titanium restored?? Also i applied the black bar that was made for bumblebee but did not realize i would lose the harmonia boot screen.. Not a big deal but is there a easy way to get that back? I like the rom so far.. Loved bumblebee but seems like it is not maintained anymore.. Looks like i will use this until they can figure the bug i have in gingerbread..

Sent from my GtabComb using Tapatalk

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

this is off the current subject...i like harmonia's rom. one thing i have noticed though is certain launchers will not completely work. i have used adw, adw ex, go launcher ex and launcher pro. the one thing that i use with all 4 off these is the sms, email and phone reminders. the only one that i have to work 100% of the time is adw ex. has anyone else had a similar experience? i loved zeam's launcher when my phone was stock...but zeam doesnt have the missed notifications, but you can download something to work with zaem but it wont work in the dock :/

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

this is off the current subject...i like harmonia's rom. one thing i have noticed though is certain launchers will not completely work. i have used adw, adw ex, go launcher ex and launcher pro. the one thing that i use with all 4 off these is the sms, email and phone reminders. the only one that i have to work 100% of the time is adw ex. has anyone else had a similar experience? i loved zeam's launcher when my phone was stock...but zeam doesnt have the missed notifications, but you can download something to work with zaem but it wont work in the dock :/

I use Go Launcher EX and it's been great, no issues.

studiompd

May 29, 2011
Visit site

I'm having problems installing Harmonia 1.5. Its stuck on the stylized Harmonia boot image and is no longer animated. I'm using the clockworkmod recovery which may be the problem but for whatever reason I can not flash the xionia image using terminal or romtools.

Edit: Finally able to install correctly. I had to get flash_image to /system/bin, but in order to do that I needed busybox installed so I could cp to the right folder. Thanks again, was using bb, will try out this.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I have been using Launcher since almost day one. No problems.

boxerboxer

May 14, 2011
Visit site

I just checked. I'm on route to a 36 hour life with my IHO under similar (maybe a tiny bit less) use as Harmonia where I got 44 hours. So my estimate isn't off a by a whole lot. I'm not going to complain about 36 hour battery life. is it Harmonia, nope, but it's more than enough. This build may not have the very latest tweaks though and it isn't as tweaked as I would like. I merely installed this over another build. I'll run another build tonight and see how it goes tomorrow.

How on earth are you getting that much battery life? Can you say a little about your usage habits? I can't last even 12-14 hours even if I restrict myself to a few short calls a day plus some texting and social media stuff.

I've been running Harmonia 1.3.1 for the past month or so on my Optimus V that's about 3 months old. GPS/Wifi/Bluetooth are off always, other than if I use Nav or map a bike ride or something. Screen is always on dimmest setting.

Last edited:

blestou

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

How can I restore the magic smoke wallpaper?
placing the files back into system/app and setting permissions to 644 does not seem to work. I love my magic smoke!
Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie