[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
If you download it for the Market, it is 11 megs. That is 11 megs of app space gone that early on was unable to move to SD. That has changed and now you can move most of it, which is why I haven't updated it.

By using the zip, it placed the 11 megs into the system area of the rom, saving you 11 megs for apps. It was a space saving measure.

At this point, you are better off downloading it and moving it to the SD.

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and got it from the market. How does one move it to the SD card though? That option is grayed out.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.5E (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 10AUG11 Edify FIxe

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and got it from the market. How does one move it to the SD card though? That option is grayed out.

I thought they had fixed it, but maybe not.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Those of you using Harmonia/Picasticks, are you overclocking/underclocking at all? I'm wondering if it's worth it to save some battery and get a little performance kick. I can't help but fear though that it will add a layer of instability to an otherwise brilliantly stable ROM.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Those of you using Harmonia/Picasticks, are you overclocking/underclocking at all? I'm wondering if it's worth it to save some battery and get a little performance kick. I can't help but fear though that it will add a layer of instability to an otherwise brilliantly stable ROM.

Run what I recommend in the first post for overclock, you should be fine.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Still loving this Rom! Another question.

The first time I flashed, I'm pretty sure I had around 175mb free. The 2nd time I flashed I had about 146mb. I wiped everything before both flashes. Any ideas where that ~30MB went?

Edit: I tried flashing again cause the curiosity is killing me. Sure enough, I had 141mb free after flashing Harmonia. I should have 176, right? That's 25 precious megabytes gone. Any ideas on what happened or how to get it back?

Last edited:

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site

OK, so I think I screwed up my phone.

I used ROMtools, read all the literature, followed [How-To] Install a Custom Recovery, Install a Custom Kernel or ROM and change Boot Animation - Android Forums but something went wrong.

I used xionia cwma 12518.4 virgin.img and renamed it "vrecovery.img", used ROMtools okay, wiped and formatted everything like I was supposed to but when I went to 'choose zip from sdcard' and chose the Harmonia zip I got the message

E:Can't open /sdcard/Harmonia1.5E_Edify.zip
(Unknown error: 0)
Installation aborted.

I tried rewiping and reinstalling a couple of times but I still get the same message.

When I rebooted now all I get is a blue screen. Luckily I'm well within my return period at Target because I actually just exhcanged this handset with my old Optimus that had a scratched screen, so if that's what I have to do I will but what did I do wrong so I don't ruin the phone next time?

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Try downloading Harmonia 1.3.1, same rom different scripting. Boot into your recovery; remove battery, wait 10 seconds, replace the battery, press and hold volume down, home and power buttons. When the LG logo comes up release them. You should be in your recovery now.
Connect your phone to your computer with the usb cord. Under mounts and storage select mount usb storage. It should show up as a removable drive, now copy the rom zip to the card and then unmount.

Wipe everything you did before, then go to mounts and storage; format boot, system, data, and cache. Then flash the rom.

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Try downloading Harmonia 1.3.1, same rom different scripting. Boot into your recovery; remove battery, wait 10 seconds, replace the battery, press and hold volume down, home and power buttons. When the LG logo comes up release them. You should be in your recovery now.
Connect your phone to your computer with the usb cord. Under mounts and storage select mount usb storage. It should show up as a removable drive, now copy the rom zip to the card and then unmount.

Wipe everything you did before, then go to mounts and storage; format boot, system, data, and cache. Then flash the rom.

I tried doing that, although I used 1.3 not 1.3.1, and I still got the same error message. I wondered if it was a faulty download, but when it happened with both of them I'm not so sure. Anyway, I'll download them all again just to make sure. I already returned my messed up phone back to the store, so I'll try it with the new one.

Still, is there any explanation for why this happened in the first place?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

When u said "used ROMtools okay, wiped and formatted everything" did this include the SD card?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Still loving this Rom! Another question.

The first time I flashed, I'm pretty sure I had around 175mb free. The 2nd time I flashed I had about 146mb. I wiped everything before both flashes. Any ideas where that ~30MB went?

Edit: I tried flashing again cause the curiosity is killing me. Sure enough, I had 141mb free after flashing Harmonia. I should have 176, right? That's 25 precious megabytes gone. Any ideas on what happened or how to get it back?

Make sure you wipe dalvik cache in the advanced area as well.

OK, so I think I screwed up my phone.

I used ROMtools, read all the literature, followed [How-To] Install a Custom Recovery, Install a Custom Kernel or ROM and change Boot Animation - Android Forums but something went wrong.

I used xionia cwma 12518.4 virgin.img and renamed it "vrecovery.img", used ROMtools okay, wiped and formatted everything like I was supposed to but when I went to 'choose zip from sdcard' and chose the Harmonia zip I got the message

E:Can't open /sdcard/Harmonia1.5E_Edify.zip
(Unknown error: 0)
Installation aborted.

I tried rewiping and reinstalling a couple of times but I still get the same message.

When I rebooted now all I get is a blue screen. Luckily I'm well within my return period at Target because I actually just exhcanged this handset with my old Optimus that had a scratched screen, so if that's what I have to do I will but what did I do wrong so I don't ruin the phone next time?

Copy the zip file to your SDcard, boot into revcovery and then flash from there. Also, do not unzip the file, leave it just as it is. Also,make sure in recovery that is says xionia, otherwise, your recovery did not install.

Also, if you have a newer 2.2.2 Optimus, Romtools will not work.

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site

When u said "used ROMtools okay, wiped and formatted everything" did this include the SD card?

Well, no. That seems kinda weird. Like I said, I did my best to follow the step-by-step guide over at Android Forums that I linked to in my initial post. It said to run ROMtools and then move the rom to the sd card via usb, then do the necessary wiping and formatting. If I wiped the card, which the instructions didn't say to do, then it would have wiped the rom off the card, no?

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Make sure you wipe dalvik cache in the advanced area as well.

Copy the zip file to your SDcard, boot into revcovery and then flash from there. Also, do not unzip the file, leave it just as it is. Also,make sure in recovery that is says xionia, otherwise, your recovery did not install.

Also, if you have a newer 2.2.2 Optimus, Romtools will not work.

Yup, it wasn't unzipped. How do I make sure in recovery it says Xionia? Where's the menu option for that? Anyway, I returned that phone for a new one so now I just want to make sure it doesn't happen again, and I just checked and it's 2.2.1, so I'm good there. :)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Yup, it wasn't unzipped. How do I make sure in recovery it says Xionia? Where's the menu option for that? Anyway, I returned that phone for a new one so now I just want to make sure it doesn't happen again, and I just checked and it's 2.2.1, so I'm good there. :)

Most will say at the bottom while in recovery.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the ROM or my own stupidity...or possibly my recovery. lol I have the latest version of ClockworkMod Recovery (v.3.2.0.1) and I've flashed Harmonia 1.5E twice now (Harmonia, then back to stock, then Harmonia again) and I also have the "missing memory" problem. It's not a really big deal, ROM works and I'll have to play around with it tonight but when I go look on my phone it states there's only 142MB of space.

Judging from the posts above I'm thinking I was supposed to have more but if not then oh well (with stock I had around 160MB)

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the ROM or my own stupidity...or possibly my recovery. lol I have the latest version of ClockworkMod Recovery (v.3.2.0.1) and I've flashed Harmonia 1.5E twice now (Harmonia, then back to stock, then Harmonia again) and I also have the "missing memory" problem. It's not a really big deal, ROM works and I'll have to play around with it tonight but when I go look on my phone it states there's only 142MB of space.

Judging from the posts above I'm thinking I was supposed to have more but if not then oh well (with stock I had around 160MB)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I too have been flashing my ROMs with ClockworkMod Recovery 3.2.0.1. Not sure if we can pin the blame on CWM or not. Because when I flash Bumblebee 2.4 with CWM I have the full 176MB after a fresh flash. Hopefully someone might have an idea on this.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I too have been flashing my ROMs with ClockworkMod Recovery 3.2.0.1. Not sure if we can pin the blame on CWM or not. Because when I flash Bumblebee 2.4 with CWM I have the full 176MB after a fresh flash. Hopefully someone might have an idea on this.

I'm starting to suspect Clockwork has some issues with it.
It wasn't really designed for our phone, which doesn't help.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to suspect Clockwork has some issues with it.
It wasn't really designed for our phone, which doesn't help.

It's been reliable so far for me in regards to making backups and restoring them, including Harmonia. But maybe.

What recovery would you recommend?

And will another recovery be able to restore a backup made by ClockworkMod?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

It's been reliable so far for me in regards to making backups and restoring them, including Harmonia. But maybe.

What recovery would you recommend?

And will another recovery be able to restore a backup made by ClockworkMod?

I'm using the IHO recovery. Will it work on old backups, that I can't say.

I flash recoveries, make a nandroid. Flash a rom, make a new Nandroid.
This way I always have a compatible one right away. So long as you can get into one or the other, you will be fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20