[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Albert Ma

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 11Sept11 Storage Fi

Hey LeslieAnn, thanks for your work! I was on bumblebee, then IHO. Now I'm about ready to dip my feet in rolling my own (based on Hamonia 1.6) as a learning experience. Where do I find all the original source that you based your work on? I assume some of it is LG source, some of it is google source, some of it is from the stock rom. Also, could you put your modifications up somewhere? Finally could you post some build instructions (I have no experience in Android development but I'm comfortable with linux). Sorry if I missed this somewhere on page 1000 of this thread :)

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Hey LeslieAnn, thanks for your work! I was on bumblebee, then IHO. Now I'm about ready to dip my feet in rolling my own (based on Hamonia 1.6) as a learning experience. Where do I find all the original source that you based your work on? I assume some of it is LG source, some of it is google source, some of it is from the stock rom. Also, could you put your modifications up somewhere? Finally could you post some build instructions (I have no experience in Android development but I'm comfortable with linux). Sorry if I missed this somewhere on page 1000 of this thread :)

HAHAHA

Okay, let's go back to the beginning of the OV...
Revolution Red took essentially a stock rom and imported Zefies Xionia kernel from the Optimus S (OS), this became Stock + Xionia. The mother of most OV Froyo roms. When Revolution Red went back to school he had to abandon the project. At the same time I had been playing with it and created a new version of it I named Aphrodite for personal use, by pulling it apart and stripping it more and adding a few tweaks. He gave his blessing to the project as he wanted to see it continue. I maintained it and built on top of that for a bit, some with other kernels, some with the stock kernel. Then we got the OV source code (a hassle in itself) and everything changed.

Picasticks, Obijohn and a few others built new kernels (from source), allowing us to revert back from the OS kernels we had been using and build a clean, OV only kernel. Picasticks and I teamed up, I made the boot logos, he made the boot,img, I then combined this with Aphrodite and removed most of what was left from Stock + Xionia to bring the code back to pure LG. This worked, but from testing, I found some of the OS parts were more efficient and some parts of the OV were more efficient. So I used each part that was best. I attribute this to why Harmonia is so good on battery life. You can still trace bits of Harmonia back to Stock + Xionia, not just the files (don't ask which ones, I lost track), but the very concept of it as well.

There is no source code to build from like CM. Harmonia is built by pulling a bit of this, a bit of that, all rolled into a system that just works (using Open Office Writer and Winrar!). It's a mutt, built with more determination than skill. To my knowledge, there is no Froyo rom for the OV built entirely from source, only the kernel.

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I still can't get my bootsound to play on startup. It worked fine when I had BACKside and other roms I've tried. Any ideas on how to fix it?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm not at home so I can't check, but I forget if there is a switch in the build.prop to turn it on or off.

I know on IHO you had to turn it on, and if I remember right, waaaaaaay way back on Stock + Xionia it was turned off somehow, that has probably carried forward ever since. I can look later tonight if no one has any answer for you by then. It has been 8 months or more since I last used one (except for Jerry's IHO self destruct that I immediately removed).

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Does Harmonia (or the picasticks kernel for that matter) support the secondary ext partition on the sd card? I've got it partitioned from the IHO Recovery...but Links2SD says that it's not mounted...

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Does Harmonia (or the picasticks kernel for that matter) support the secondary ext partition on the sd card? I've got it partitioned from the IHO Recovery...but Links2SD says that it's not mounted...

I had a hell of a time with Link2SD when I was using it with the rooted stock, and with Harmonia.

What I ended up doing was download MiniTool for the PC. Plug in the phone to the computer, and used that to resize the current partition, and make a 1GB FAT32 partition. Then when I started Link2SD I told it the extended partition was FAT32 and everything worked.

Never could really get the ext3 to take or work right.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I had a hell of a time with Link2SD when I was using it with the rooted stock, and with Harmonia.

What I ended up doing was download MiniTool for the PC. Plug in the phone to the computer, and used that to resize the current partition, and make a 1GB FAT32 partition. Then when I started Link2SD I told it the extended partition was FAT32 and everything worked.

Never could really get the ext3 to take or work right.

sounds like I'll do that. Or use my ubuntu live usb to format it as FAT32

rkhanso

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I had trouble upgrading to 1.6.

I was on 1.2. Upgraded to 1.5e and then to 1.6. I followed these directions from a previous post on this thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Use MyBackup Root to backup your apps and their data. It's real intuitive, easy to use, and free. You can also use it to back up your call logs, texts, use dictionary, etc.

Do your backups. Reboot into recovery. Make a nandroid(backup from Backup and Restore menu). Then flash 1.6 (provided you currently have 1.5e installed. If not, do that first).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following those directions, I ended up with under 1MB of free space on the phone after restoring the apps. Something was wrong because I had around 40MB free prior to upgrading.I'm thinking there are missing steps above?

Since I couldn't mess things up any worse, I cleared the cache and the Dalvik cache in the recovery mode, re-installed the ROM, restored the apps - and still get the same result....no free memory left on the phone.

Is my only option to just re-install Harmonia 1.6 and then install the apps one-at-a-time?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't really understand this stuff, just try to follow someone else's previous successes.

edit:
later, I wondered if Link2SD just didn't install all the apps on the SD card, like I had before. I tried that and that may have been the missing step.

Did I do this correctly?

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I had trouble upgrading to 1.6.

I was on 1.2. Upgraded to 1.5e and then to 1.6. I followed these directions from a previous post on this thread:
You can flash 1.6.1c without 1.5.

Flashing over old versions should be okay, but remember 1.5 had storage issues, so it's very possibly the cause. 1.6.1c seems to have all of the older issues fixed (finally).

Also, if you haven't done a fresh/clean install in a while, it may be worth doing.

Delphis

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

Edit: Question removed. I'm trying a different rom, this one is no good for me

Last edited:

BlackBerryBoy8530

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

For some reason every time I flash a 2.1 based rom I run into issues with my launcher fc-ing... whats going on with that?? Anyone have any suggestions besides launcher pro or ADW?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

For some reason every time I flash a 2.1 based rom I run into issues with my launcher fc-ing... whats going on with that?? Anyone have any suggestions besides launcher pro or ADW?
Be sure to wipe everything very well.

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

silly question here...i was looking thru the wiki page on the different roms and their updated builds. I have harmonia 1.5 and love it. I also have bobzhome (forgot the version) and i love it as well. upon looking at the new builds for each one, both advertise an FM radio. does harmoina have this as well in the 1.5 build? thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol