[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

CM7.1 includes a FM Radio app and it in some of the IHO ROM but yes the OV does not have the hardware to support such an app for use.

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the IHO ROM's exclusively since they've been available, but I've been itching to try this one, so I'm making the plunge tonight. Many thanks to you LeslieAnn for making this possible!

Edit: Up and running, love how it's so smooth and everything just works. Think I'll stay here for awhile.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: LeslieAnn

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the IHO ROM's exclusively since they've been available, but I've been itching to try this one, so I'm making the plunge tonight. Many thanks to you LeslieAnn for making this possible!

Edit: Up and running, love how it's so smooth and everything just works. Think I'll stay here for awhile.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Harmonia definitely feels like home to me. Sometimes I get the itch for some adventure, then I toy around with IHO for a day or two. But I always come back.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I've toyed around with Backside, MIUIHO, and Harmonia 2.0b (based on IHO). The only one I could see myself sticking with would be Harmonia 2.0.

Right now I've got my custom "build" of 1.6.1c and I love it

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I've toyed around with Backside, MIUIHO, and Harmonia 2.0b (based on IHO). The only one I could see myself sticking with would be Harmonia 2.0.

Right now I've got my custom "build" of 1.6.1c and I love it

Do you find Harmonia 2.0b just as useable as any of the other current IHO ROMs, are does it look/feel/function roughly in some way due to it's "betaness"?

I'm sure LeslieAnn wouldn't mind adding what she feels is missing or what's on her short list of things to do to bring it to a non-beta status.

Sent via VM670

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Do you find Harmonia 2.0b just as useable as any of the other current IHO ROMs, are does it look/feel/function roughly in some way due to it's "betaness"?

I'm sure LeslieAnn wouldn't mind adding what she feels is missing or what's on her short list of things to do to bring it to a non-beta status.

Sent via VM670

It needs a bit more tweaking, as there is a bit more that can be removed otherwise it was pretty good. Certain parts I want improved are a matter of how IHO is, but I plan to experiment a bit and see if I can improve it more (like battery life). I have some ideas so we will see.

Unfortunately, the biggest holdup is kernel.org
I know others are building from various repositories but I gave up due to frustration, the system simply won't build no matter how many guides and tips I follow.

Until I can get a build box running again, the only way I can build Harmonia 2 is to build off someone else's rom, which I would prefer not to do, but I may resort to it soon. I have a nice stable rom I am using personally at the moment, I would just need to weak it. Maybe sometime this week I will, just so people can get on it.

The other issue is IHO itself, it essentially is beta. I can call Harmonia 2.0 a non-beta if I am happy with it, and few would have issues though. Which is probably what it will come down to.

Reactions: Ticojpunk

djyellowperil

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone elses using data2ext with harmonia? If so have you been able to get it to work on anything beyond harmonia 1.3.1?

I'm using the modified data2ext that takenover83 posted a while back and while it works on harmonia 1.3.1 as well as bumblebee 2.4 and the few iho builds (to include harmonia 2.0b), it locks on the splash screen on any Harmonia build past 1.3.1 that I've tried during the first reboot after enabling data2ext.

Thanks for any help any can give.

Last edited:

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

It needs a bit more tweaking, as there is a bit more that can be removed otherwise it was pretty good. Certain parts I want improved are a matter of how IHO is, but I plan to experiment a bit and see if I can improve it more (like battery life). I have some ideas so we will see.

Thanks again for taking the time to explain stuff. Is it recommended to flash gapps along with 2.0b?

The one time I tried 2.0b (admittedly, briefly), the Google account setup thing ran twice, even though I did it the same as when I installed BACKside. So I assumed something was up with that. Though I did NOT flash gapps along with Harmonia 2 that time. I just flashed the Harmonia 2.0b zip.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I didn't have to do it twice, I think that happened when people flashed Gapps, which it didn't need.

The only real issues are so so battery, and the email apk was bad, gmail worked fine though. Otherwise it ran/runs well.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Sent via VM670

From when I was playing with it, it seemed just as usable. Of course I didn't really do a full review of the ROM (you know, use it for a couple days, install all your apps on it, etc etc).

But from what I could tell, it was definitely very "snappy."

I will probably make another update to my custom mod when 2.0 is un-beta-ed. lol Of course this will have to completely change since the base ROM is a big difference.

BTW (somewhat off topic) the froyo theme for CM7 that watskyhotsky found and it does a pretty damn good job of turning your android "retro" ;)

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

i have 1.5c installed...do i need 1.6.1c or is it just nice to have the latest build? lol

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

i installed 1.6.1 but cant get the BBblacknotification.zip to work :/ im using rom manager to take care of the backup/restore and clockwork to handle the recovery. i saw somewhere that BBblacknotification only works with xionia recovery...

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
i installed 1.6.1 but cant get the BBblacknotification.zip to work :/ im using rom manager to take care of the backup/restore and clockwork to handle the recovery. i saw somewhere that BBblacknotification only works with xionia recovery...

Yes, I believe you will have to switch to xionia recovery to flash those. I'm going to try using UOT Kitchen myself to whip up something, packages from that will flash in clockworkmod.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Deal Trees

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for this ROM, booting up for the first time now, looks impressive. :) IHO kept bugging up for me and it was just horrible.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Cool. Thanks!

Just for you :p

Picasa Web Albums - James Cnossen - Harmonia 2.0 ... (screenshots of Harmonia 2.0b with the RetroDroid (froyo) theme.)

[CM7 Theme Chooser] RetroDroid - Froyo Theme for CM7 (HDPI/MDPI) (Updated 20/5) - xda-developers (RetroDroid theme)

Of course some of the things I changed to make it seem more like froyo, like in the ADW settings, setting the App drawer to display 4 across, black background, and setting the lock screen to slide.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney