[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

You can use newer recoveries to flash the statusbars, just be sure to grab the newest ones as there are two sets.

rkhanso

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 11Sept11 Storage Fi

You can flash 1.6.1c without 1.5.

Flashing over old versions should be okay, but remember 1.5 had storage issues, so it's very possibly the cause. 1.6.1c seems to have all of the older issues fixed (finally).

Also, if you haven't done a fresh/clean install in a while, it may be worth doing.

I did end up doing a fresh install. I had over 100 apps and it took a while, but everything seems to be working OK again. Thanks.

I did have a question about restoring texts from either the backup I did with Titanium Backup (also did one with My Backup Root) and/or the nandroid backup I did before re-flashing.

Is it possible to restore just the texts I had on the phone before I re-flashed it? No, I was not smart enough to do it from GoSMS beforehand. :'(

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

you can:
backup your new install
restore your last backup, use the tool to save your txts, and then reinstall the new backup.

rkhanso

May 22, 2011
Visit site

you can:
backup your new install
restore your last backup, use the tool to save your txts, and then reinstall the new backup.
I really don't think that this will work.

The reason I rooted my phone was to install apps on the SD card - the phone has under 200MB available for apps (as we all know). I was constantly fighting the low memory message. After rooting and then running Link2SD, nearly all the apps have been moved to the SD Card. I have over 100 apps on that backup.

When I tried to restore the backup, it put everything back on the phone, which does not have enough memory to restore everything. Unless, there's a way to tell Titanium backup to restore the app to the SD Card, I think this won't work.

But you got me thinking, I suppose I can restore just GoSMS and that may bring back the texts?
I'm not sure how to tell Titanium backup to go back and read a previous backup file, but will check it out.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I really don't think that this will work.

The reason I rooted my phone was to install apps on the SD card - the phone has under 200MB available for apps (as we all know). I was constantly fighting the low memory message. After rooting and then running Link2SD, nearly all the apps have been moved to the SD Card. I have over 100 apps on that backup.

When I tried to restore the backup, it put everything back on the phone, which does not have enough memory to restore everything. Unless, there's a way to tell Titanium backup to restore the app to the SD Card, I think this won't work.

But you got me thinking, I suppose I can restore just GoSMS and that may bring back the texts?
I'm not sure how to tell Titanium backup to go back and read a previous backup file, but will check it out.

IIRC, there's an option in titanium that allows you to either 1) have Android put the files where it wants, or 2) put them back where it found them

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

your nandroid has the txts in a database.
restore that backup, install gosms if you have to, use it to save the txts.
the other apps in the backup don't matter for this.

rkhanso

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. I found the option to restore it where it was found originally and set it. Doing the backup in Titanium backup, I chose to restore only the data. I checked, and didn't see the texts in GoSMS. I then chose to restore the apk and data and didn't see the old texts then, either. I rebooted the phone. The old texts still do not show up.

Before I re-flashed the RAM, I copied the entire SD card to my PC. I still have that. Is there a way just to copy a folder from there to my SD Card now and get the texts back? If I try using the nandroid backup, is it possible to get just the GoSMS text out of that restored? I don't want to restore anything else, just the old texts for GoSMS.

One other thing that has changed since I started fresh on the phone with Harmonia 1.6c:
Quick pressing the power button still shuts the display off, but when I long press the power button, I no longer get the options to go to airplane mode, reboot, or the other option I can't remember. Can I make the power button work like it used to?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

If that failed, you either had a bad install or something Titanium restored damaged it.
This is one reason I dislike Titanium. It's very "geeky", yes, it does a ton and you can restore almost anything. My problem is that it's not always clear what you are restoring. It created quite a few issues for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic program, it's just easy to overwrite something without realizing what you are over writing.

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

I installed this ROM with the IHO recovery, and had a couple of bugs...

1. No lock screen
2. Home and search buttons wouldn't work

Any ideas?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

snip...
Before I re-flashed the RAM, I copied the entire SD card to my PC. I still have that. Is there a way just to copy a folder from there to my SD Card now and get the texts back?
no.
If I try using the nandroid backup, is it possible to get just the GoSMS text out of that restored? I don't want to restore anything else, just the old texts for GoSMS.
not really. they're buried in the backup.
you'll be restoring a whole backup just to get at the txts buried in it. then reflashing with the newer backup from your fresh install you will make just before restoring the backup with the txts to pull them out.

ZipLipZ

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Leslie just wanted to tell you thanks for this. I've had my optimus since it came out and have run everything but this (was on aospmod for while,now on IHO). I put 1.61 on my wifes phone a few days ago and about crapped my pants today when I saw that it had 17% battery and hadn't been plugged in for 60 hours. I'm switching right now.

Question: Any plans to further 2.0? And, any ideas on whats up with the new market?

Thanks again!!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

On first boot of the 2.0beta, I get...

Complete action using

com.android.provision

Setup Wizard

Which should I be choosing?
Please leave Harmonia 2.0 troubles in the IHO thread, not here.
Also, let me guess, you probably flashed Gapps, which is not needed. Install it and run it. It should work. It has been well tested, if it has an issue, then you had a bad install. The only issue is the email.apk.

Leslie just wanted to tell you thanks for this. I've had my optimus since it came out and have run everything but this (was on aospmod for while,now on IHO). I put 1.61 on my wifes phone a few days ago and about crapped my pants today when I saw that it had 17% battery and hadn't been plugged in for 60 hours. I'm switching right now.
Question: Any plans to further 2.0? And, any ideas on whats up with the new market?
Thanks again!!
:) yep, Harmonia is awesome for battery life.
It's amazing just how bad the stock rom is.

Leslie you should work on your iho rom :)
I am but kernel.org is still down so I can't fix the build box. I keep getting an error that one seems to be able to identify. It's still in the works though.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Please leave Harmonia 2.0 troubles in the IHO thread, not here.
Also, let me guess, you probably flashed Gapps, which is not needed. Install it and run it. It should work. It has been well tested, if it has an issue, then you had a bad install. The only issue is the email.apk.

Definitely didn't flash gapps. Also reflashed Harm2.0 it 3 times in a row. Got that screen on each first boot. Sorry for posting it in this thread. No need to respond, but I did want to reply. It was more of a curiosity anyway, as Harmonia 1.6 is my "95% of the time" ROM. Thanks.

djyellowperil

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone elses using data2ext with harmonia? If so have you been able to get it to work on anything beyond harmonia 1.3.1?

I'm using the modified data2ext that takenover83 posted a while back and while it works on harmonia 1.3.1 as well as bumblebee 2.4 and the few iho builds (to include harmonia 2.0b), it locks on the splash screen on any Harmonia build past 1.3.1 that I've tried during the first reboot after enabling data2ext.

Thanks for any help any can give.

Is no one having issues with data2ext or is no one using it? I'm just curious if there's a reason no one else is using data2ext or rather no one else is having issues.

Steve

Albert Ma

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

I played with data2ext a little (didn't quite get it working). I abandoned it because I didn't like that fact that the /data partition ends up completely unused. I'm playing with the idea of leaving dalvik-cache in /data, but move /data/app and /data/data to /sd-ext. It's not as flexible as darktremor a2d or link2sd as you can't have some apps in internal and some in SD. However, I just dislike having to install to internal and then the separate step of moving to SD.

on a separate note. LeslieAnn, there's so much free space on /system that really can't be used. What if we re-odex so that less stuff ends up in dalvik-cache. I'm still a newbie, so let me know if this is crazy talk.

Albert Ma

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

btw, can you describe how you get the up-to-date versions of apps from the market to update the files in /system (for the ROM build).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21