[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

djyellowperil

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

I played with data2ext a little (didn't quite get it working). I abandoned it because I didn't like that fact that the /data partition ends up completely unused. I'm playing with the idea of leaving dalvik-cache in /data, but move /data/app and /data/data to /sd-ext. It's not as flexible as darktremor a2d or link2sd as you can't have some apps in internal and some in SD. However, I just dislike having to install to internal and then the separate step of moving to SD.

on a separate note. LeslieAnn, there's so much free space on /system that really can't be used. What if we re-odex so that less stuff ends up in dalvik-cache. I'm still a newbie, so let me know if this is crazy talk.

Different strokes I suppose. I think I just like data2ext because (at least to me) it seems like a much more elegant solution in that I don't have to manage where my apps go because I have plenty of space. I just have all my apps go to "the phone" and I don't have to worry about it. cuts down on "decision fatigue". I just find myself stuck in the quandry of battery life which I loved in the latest froyo harmonia and the newness and data2ext of IHO.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

on a separate note. LeslieAnn, there's so much free space on /system that really can't be used. What if we re-odex so that less stuff ends up in dalvik-cache. I'm still a newbie, so let me know if this is crazy talk.
I could be wrong, but I don't think that will help.

btw, can you describe how you get the up-to-date versions of apps from the market to update the files in /system (for the ROM build).

The only out of date item in system should be Gmail and Superuser.
I'm going to try and get an update in the next week or so.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I have managed to update Gmail and Superuser (and the su binaries) and put them in system on my latest flash of your ROM (slightly modified of course). All I would have to do is remember what to take out to get it back to stock Harmonia lol

Albert Ma

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

I could be wrong, but I don't think that will help.
sounds like an experiment is in order!

Thanks, LeslieAnn. However, I'm interested (as an aspiring ROM developer) in how you actually do that.

Here's a another crazy idea. During bootup, scan /data for package updates (for things in /system) then move the files over to free up space in /data. Feasible?

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Here's a another crazy idea. During bootup, scan /data for package updates (for things in /system) then move the files over to free up space in /data. Feasible?

I tried to do that while Harmonia was running, then I rebooted but Gmail just FC'd. I thought about booting into recovery and moving the files using adb, that way nothing was "using" system...but I just decided to add the updates into a new zip of the ROM.

So maybe it would work if the system wasn't running...

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Hi Leslie,

Is there anyway to put your bluetooth driver into the CM roms for the Optimus V without rom making knowledge? Are they even compatible? Because every single CM or GB variant roms my car bluetooth have had difficulty staying connected. It could be my bluetooth that is pick, but it play really nice with the android 2.2 bluetooth version.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, LeslieAnn. However, I'm interested (as an aspiring ROM developer) in how you actually do that.

Simple method...
Download Winrar and don't extract the rom, just drag and drop things in and out. This will get you started in understanding how and where things are.

As for the second idea, red what Jdcnosse wrote (quoted below) and my response.

I tried to do that while Harmonia was running, then I rebooted but Gmail just FC'd. I thought about booting into recovery and moving the files using adb, that way nothing was "using" system...but I just decided to add the updates into a new zip of the ROM.

So maybe it would work if the system wasn't running...
Some things do not update well while running, especially in system.

Also, some things simply will not run in system. They have to reside in data

Hi Leslie,

Is there anyway to put your bluetooth driver into the CM roms for the Optimus V without rom making knowledge? Are they even compatible? Because every single CM or GB variant roms my car bluetooth have had difficulty staying connected. It could be my bluetooth that is pick, but it play really nice with the android 2.2 bluetooth version.
More than likely, no, the bluetooth system is Froyo and lot of that stuff has be made for the system its being run on. Some of the drivers are also closed source so no help there either.

Worse than that is that you want to use it with Cm, GB isn't always cross compatible with CM7, just as not all of Froyo is cross compatible with CM6 (Froyo based). So the odds of getting Froyo parts working in CM7 aren't good.

When we get ahold of a Slider or the OV gets released with GB, then we can do it. It may be possible to use the one from an Optimus S though, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if that is already being worked on.

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

i installed 1.6.1 and have some weird issues :) first, I wiped everything and installed through recovery. everything went great until...i tried accessing the market, and i get a FC every time. do i need to flash the gapps (or whatever its called. lol) the 2nd one is even weirder: when it completed its boot cycle, all my apps from 1.5 were still there...and the launcher was the stock launcher :/

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Try flashing again, it should be fine like it is.
Most problems with Harmonia is the flashing and downloads.

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

ok....reflashed 1.6.1 and it looks ALOT better now. thanks. no more pre-installed apps from my 1.5 :) but i still have the stock launcher...is that supposed to be that way? cuz its not that big of a deal

Albert Ma

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Simple method...
Download Winrar and don't extract the rom, just drag and drop things in and out. This will get you started in understanding how and where things are.

No I mean how do you grab the updates (an updated gmail for example)? Do you just install it and copy the files out of /data? Or is there some secret way to download the files without installing?

rkhanso

May 22, 2011
Visit site

After flashing to 1.6c,

Quick pressing the power button still shuts the display off, but when I long press the power button, I no longer get the options to go to airplane mode, reboot, or the other option I can't remember. Can I make the power button work like it used to?

Should I re-flash?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

ok....reflashed 1.6.1 and it looks ALOT better now. thanks. no more pre-installed apps from my 1.5 :) but i still have the stock launcher...is that supposed to be that way? cuz its not that big of a deal
Harmonia and Aphrodite have always come with the stock launcher.
You can change it out, I use Launcher Pro.

No I mean how do you grab the updates (an updated gmail for example)? Do you just install it and copy the files out of /data? Or is there some secret way to download the files without installing?
There are few APK grabbing apps (Appsaver) is one or you can simply use a file manager to copy them out of Data.

After flashing to 1.6c,

Quick pressing the power button still shuts the display off, but when I long press the power button, I no longer get the options to go to airplane mode, reboot, or the other option I can't remember. Can I make the power button work like it used to?

Should I re-flash?
Make a nandroid backup then without wiping re-install, you shouldn't lose anything, but should fix it.

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I have a Wi-Fi error and I'm going to reflash Harmonia... do I have to load my apps from Titanium Backup again? or will all of my apps and settings be there already?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I have a Wi-Fi error and I'm going to reflash Harmonia... do I have to load my apps from Titanium Backup again? or will all of my apps and settings be there already?

If you don;t wipe, just install over the top, you *should* be fine.
Do a nandroid backup first just in case.

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

and I don't have to do anything special to install over the top?
If there isn't, can I install 1.6.1c over 1.6?

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
For kicks, I charged my OV to 100% before bed last night. I took it off the charger, and set it down for the night. Had Wifi on, and signal bars were about 4/6. In the morning, I looked, and was running 9 hours, 27 minutes and I lost 2% battery. Yes, I was at 98%. I could hardly believe it. Harmonia pretty much rules.

Sent via VM670