[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

Can you use x64 OSes with Virtualbox? I have a 64-bit cpu and I figured building and compiling on 64-bit would be faster 32-bit

It works on Win 32bit and 64bit, as well as Mac and Linux.
Personally, it's about the easiest and most configurable Vm system.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
It works on Win 32bit and 64bit, as well as Mac and Linux.
Personally, it's about the easiest and most configurable Vm system.

Sorry, probably should have worded that differently. Will virtualbox be able to run a 64-bit guest OS since the host OS is 64-bit as well

RobN

May 23, 2011
Visit site

...I figured building and compiling on 64-bit would be faster 32-bit
Rarely. The switch from 32-bit to 64-bit isn't the same, for the most part, as the switch from 16-bit to 32-bit was.

What runs faster are things that need a LOT of memory. In Windows 7 at least, if a program runs well in under 4GB of RAM (call it 3GB for a buffer) and doesn't need more to avoid disk swapping, then it probably won't run faster in 64-bit mode than in 32-bit mode (that's a generic statement for most apps and not specific to compilers). You benefit from switching to a native 64-bit app when the program itself can benefit from using more than 4GB of physical RAM to improve performance. That's certainly possible with a compiler, if you're dealing with a large enough code base, but unlikely in most cases.

liebezeit

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I am running Harmonia 1.3. I am suffering from the Bluetooth file transfer bug ("Bluetooth Share (process com.android.bluetooth) has stopped unexpectedly" when transferring files to the phone). This worked fine in the stock ROM. Can someone tell me if this bug has been fixed in recent versions, or if the bug has been traced to some other cause?

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

okay, so I'm on the most recent Harmonia and the 3G just suddenly stopped working. I know it isn't VM's fault because my dad's OV is working. should I reflash Harmonia?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I am running Harmonia 1.3. I am suffering from the Bluetooth file transfer bug ("Bluetooth Share (process com.android.bluetooth) has stopped unexpectedly" when transferring files to the phone). This worked fine in the stock ROM. Can someone tell me if this bug has been fixed in recent versions, or if the bug has been traced to some other cause?
Bluetooth in general is buggy for large files. The bluetooth system in Harmonia is the stock bluetooth system.

okay, so I'm on the most recent Harmonia and the 3G just suddenly stopped working. I know it isn't VM's fault because my dad's OV is working. should I reflash Harmonia?
Just try the activate button.

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

ok...im going to try 1.6 again but i do have a question (and im sure its been asked a thousand times). is the only benefit of 1.6 over 1.5 the available space? because it seems as if its actually snappier too

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Hmm...it doesn't work for small files either. I'll try to test with another computer.
Could be a bad flash, it happens.

ok...im going to try 1.6 again but i do have a question (and im sure its been asked a thousand times). is the only benefit of 1.6 over 1.5 the available space? because it seems as if its actually snappier too
Yes, only the space.
A clean install could be the reason for the speed.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Harmonia 1.7 is up,
Updated Picastics kernel supports old and new OV phones. (thanks to BigSuperSquid!)
Updates include Gmail, Superuser and Google voice search.
Still no Market 3.0

Harmonia_1.7_OV_1+2.zip
MD5: da2c2174eb2c369fca9519fa823a718a
Issues: Phone info says 1.6, not 1.7 not a big deal.

Also, the Maps patch is up to date

By the way,
If you are updating from 1.6.1C you can just overwrite.

Last edited:

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

IHO is a lot of fun to play with, but until official support happens (if ever :\ - unlikely I suppose), then Harmonia has been my rock solid companion for this model phone (STILL looking for a compelling reason to upgrade it.)

About to zap on 1.7 and enjoy.

Thanks, Leslie Ann. You are... erm... uh... 'da man'? *cough*
/brofist bump and walks away

-K

Reactions: LeslieAnn

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Harmonia 1.7 is up,
Updated Picastics kernel supports old and new OV phones. (thanks to BigSuperSquid!)
Updates include Gmail, Superuser and Google voice.
Still no Market 3.0

I didn't think you included Google Voice in your builds...

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I didn't think you included Google Voice in your builds...

I'm pretty sure I did, but it was because it effected the voice button.
Some things, if not in system will not work properly with the buttons on the phone, search button is one of them.

By the way,
If you are updating from 1.6.1C you can just overwrite.

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I am running bumblebee and want to try 1.7.. I use link2sd.. What is the best way to install this rom? Do i need to reinstall everything since it is linked??

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

konspiracy

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Can anyone provide a AnTuTu benchmark?
Maybe overclocked to 787?

Im trying to see which rom has the best performance for gaming and such.
Also if you have a class 10 sd card with data to sd-ext then you would be a perfect candidate for a benchmark.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech