[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

Starting two days ago, each time I turn on my phone I get a # sign in my notification bar. When I pull down it tells me "su binary outdated Tap to update su binary". Is it okay to do this? What is the su binary? I'm using Harmonia 1.5 (yes, I know there's a newer version, but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet)

I don't know if the su binary is anything to do with Harmonia, or something from Virgin. My wife's phone is stock/unrooted and she hasn't had the message. If it's from Virgin, will it screw up my phone because I've rooted, or am I safe?

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Su is the Linux command for superuser. So basically what controls what gets root privileges on your phone. I don't think there'd be a problem in updating it, I'm running Harmonia 1.7 and it's got superuser 3.0.6 I think but it gave me the same notification, so I ran it.

Reactions: mewikime

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

i have 1.7 flashed and currently have android lost installed. when i choose the option to snap a rear facing camera pic, the phone reboots...every time. lol. any ideas? thanks

caddi27

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

I'm having a problem with this rom. Everytime I go into the market to get my apps back; it says the market and google frameworks has stopped unexpectedly. I can recieve phone calls; but can't find the phone app on my phone. I'm thinking I did something wrong but not sure what it is. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

i have 1.7 flashed and currently have android lost installed. when i choose the option to snap a rear facing camera pic, the phone reboots...every time. lol. any ideas? thanks

Are you overclocking your phone? If so, try setting it a step lower until you find that your phone stops rebooting. This is one of the easiest and fastest ways to find out if your overclock speed is truly "stable."

I'm having a problem with this rom. Everytime I go into the market to get my apps back; it says the market and google frameworks has stopped unexpectedly. I can recieve phone calls; but can't find the phone app on my phone. I'm thinking I did something wrong but not sure what it is. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

To be honest I'd suggest reflashing, unless someone else can offer you and easier solution.

caddi27

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I figured it out. I just booted into recovery and did a wipe and restarted. Now its working; I'm overclocked and my phone is very smooth. Thanks for the advice though!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone using Google Music Beta with Harmonia 1.7? I cannot get it to stream at all. I came across this problem on Bumblebee a while back. But I've never had a problem on Harmonia 1.6 or 1.5, nor any of the IHO ROMs.

Sent via VM670

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Anyone have any pointers for theming this ROM with UOT Kitchen? Bootanimation won't change, neither will the lockscreen, and status bar icons work, but they're screwy, the status bar icons flash alternating with the icons I picked in the kitchen. I use the update-binary file from the ROM and move it to the UOT file, as well as wiping cache and D-cache before flashing it. Thanks in advance :)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

There is no boot animation.
What you see first is the LG firmware (LG Icon, you won;t change this), then the kernel animation (B&W, good luck), then the framework slider (green, sort of a pain, but do-able). The framework slider is normally hidden by any bootanimation you install.

Harmonia does not use a bootanimation.
They take up space, slow down boot, and the only time you see it, is when you reboot. The goal is to have a stable rom that doesn't need to be rebooted and when it does, why do you want to wait around for it?

The lockscreen, get Widget Locker to change it. It adds a lot of functionality.
The flashing icons.. Odd, I can only imagine it's a poor flash.

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if this is a feature with the ROM, or it was always included with the phone and I've never noticed, but when I go to Wireless & Network Settings > Wi-Fi Settings > [Menu button] > Advanced it gives me the options for using a static IP and entering an IP address, Gateway, Netmask and Name Servers.

How do I find out what these are? Do I need to connect it to my computer and run ip/config?

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if this is a feature with the ROM, or it was always included with the phone and I've never noticed, but when I go to Wireless & Network Settings > Wi-Fi Settings > [Menu button] > Advanced it gives me the options for using a static IP and entering an IP address, Gateway, Netmask and Name Servers.

How do I find out what these are? Do I need to connect it to my computer and run ip/config?

It is very important to setup a static ip address, if you are going to use port forwarding. When you have port forwarding setup, your router forwards ports to an ip address that you specify. This will probably work when you initially set it up, but after restarting your computer it may get a different ip address. When this happens the ports will no longer be forwarded to your computer's ip address. So the port forwarding configuration will not work.

What is an ip address?

IP addresses are four sets of numbers separated by periods that allow computers to identify each other. Every computer has at least one ip address, and two computers should never have the same ip address. If they do, neither of them will be able to connect to the internet. There is a lot of information at the following link. You don't need all of it. But if you want to know more about how networks work, you'll find it there. For more information on ip addresses, subnets, and gateways go here

Dynamic vs Static IPs

Most routers assign dynamic IP addresses by default. They do this because dynamic ip address networks require no configuration. The end user can simply plug their computer in, and their network will work. When ip addresses are assigned dynamically, the router is the one that assigns them. Every time a computer reboots it asks the router for an ip address. The router then hands it an ip address that has not already been handed out to another computer. This is important to note. When you set your computer to a static ip address, the router does not know that a computer is using that ip address. So the very same ip address may be handed to another computer later, and that will prevent both computers from connecting to the internet. So when you asign a static IP addresses, it's important to assign an IP address that will not be handed out to other computers by the dynamic IP address server. The dynamic IP address server is generally refered to as the dhcp server.

This option does not need configuring in most cases since the router or your modem will be setup for Dynamic IP and your phone grab a random IP address from your router.

Last edited:

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Not to mention when you set up a static IP on a wireless network like, say your house...and then you go somewhere else (library, friends, mcdonalds lol) you probably won't get wifi on your phone because the settings for those networks could be different.

That's one of the main reasons I keep all my wireless devices with the default (dynamic IP) setting.

jpflanigan

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Everything works great with 1.7, except any app that uses maps will crash frequently causing a reboot. Google Maps, Navigation, cGeo etc. The only deviation from standard procedures was to flash a new kernel to solve the black screen issue (the included one didn't work for my brand spanking new Opt V)

I tried wiping the Dalvik cache, deleting and reinstalling Maps but that didn't help.

So is this likely a ROM issue? kernel issue? or something with Google Maps?

Sometimes it works great for 30 min or so, but then it causes multiple reboots. memory issue?

ShadyBusiness

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

Everything works great with 1.7, except any app that uses maps will crash frequently causing a reboot. Google Maps, Navigation, cGeo etc. The only deviation from standard procedures was to flash a new kernel to solve the black screen issue (the included one didn't work for my brand spanking new Opt V)

I tried wiping the Dalvik cache, deleting and reinstalling Maps but that didn't help.

So is this likely a ROM issue? kernel issue? or something with Google Maps?

Sometimes it works great for 30 min or so, but then it causes multiple reboots. memory issue?

Id like to confirm the whole black screen thing. I had to flash picasticks v7 remix over the rom before I could see what I was doing. Before I flashed the kernel I connected to android screencast and I could see my screen and control it from there so I know it was the screen. I dont use google maps or anything but ill test that. Also I flashed from IHO recovery since it has my screen drivers but I don't think that's super important.

EDIT: I tested google maps and when I first opened it, it force closed on me but after re-opening it, it worked fine.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

1.7 does NOT need a new kernel, it works natively with newer screens. I can't change the thread title.
This could be causing the crashes

Otherwise, odds are, you need to lower your overclock.

Also, Picasticks 7 does NOT support the new screen and was exactly the same kernel as Harmonia 1.6.1c
Picasticks 7 recompiled will however, which is the same as what is in Harmonia 1.7.

If you have to re-flash the kernel, you either have a bad download or bad flash.

Last edited:

ShadyBusiness

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

1.7 does NOT need a new kernel, it works natively with newer screens. I can't change the thread title.
This could be causing the crashes

Otherwise, odds are, you need to lower your overclock.

Also, Picasticks 7 does NOT support the new screen and was exactly the same kernel as Harmonia 1.6.1c
Picasticks 7 recompiled will however, which is the same as what is in Harmonia 1.7.

If you have to re-flash the kernel, you either have a bad download or bad flash.

Well I don't know what to tell you but I downloaded from the link in your first post and flashed it and I got a black screen. After that I flashed the picasticks v7 remix.zip file from bigsupersquids black screen fix thread and everything works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool