[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

Well I don't know what to tell you but I downloaded from the link in your first post and flashed it and I got a black screen. After that I flashed the picasticks v7 remix.zip file from bigsupersquids black screen fix thread and everything works great.

your recovery had some borking going on when it flashed Harmonia. it's the exact same kernel.

Reactions: LeslieAnn

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Hi there all! I've used your ROM in the past Leslie when CM7 was still in the works and aospcmod wasn't up to snuff. A wonderful ROM this was. I couldn't have chosen a better one. Been wanting to play with Froyo again but can't see a reason to go back. Gingerbread just seems to be better in performance, features, etc. Basically I'm posting to see what peoples opinions are between 2.2 and 2.3 and why people have chosen to stay with Froyo (Harmonia) and not move on to Gingerbread (IHO). I'd love to see some feedback from your dedicated followers. :D

Reactions: linzoill

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

your recovery had some borking going on when it flashed Harmonia. it's the exact same kernel.

Exactly.
From the man who made both kernels.

It's not that I doubt what you guys are saying when you have a problem, it's just that this rom is one of the oldest, most tested, and generally considered the most stable, efficient, reliable and compatible rom for the OV available.

I often refer to it as the Honda or Toyota of OV roms, boring, but it always gets you to work and back.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Hi there all! I've used your ROM in the past Leslie when CM7 was still in the works and aospcmod wasn't up to snuff. A wonderful ROM this was. I couldn't have chosen a better one. Been wanting to play with Froyo again but can't see a reason to go back. Gingerbread just seems to be better in performance, features, etc. Basically I'm posting to see what peoples opinions are between 2.2 and 2.3 and why people have chosen to stay with Froyo (Harmonia) and not move on to Gingerbread (IHO). I'd love to see some feedback from your dedicated followers. :D

This is probably best left to a new thread.

ShadyBusiness

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

Exactly.
From the man who made both kernels.

It's not that I doubt what you guys are saying when you have a problem, it's just that this rom is one of the oldest, most tested, and generally considered the most stable, efficient, reliable and compatible rom for the OV available.

I often refer to it as the Honda or Toyota of OV roms, boring, but it always gets you to work and back.

I guess I should flash a new recovery then :p

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I guess I should flash a new recovery then :p

sometimes you just have to reflash the rom multiple times to get it all to take.
I like to format boot as well as system, data, and cache, to make it less likely that there are any leftovers to get in the way of a new flash.
if something is still uppity after a complete wipe and flash, I wipe 2x all the above and flash again. that usually takes care of things.

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn,

Though it's been said many times before THANK YOU for Harmonia 1.7! I was using Bumblebee with no problems until several weeks ago...suddenly I could not update large apps (such as Google Maps) without getting the error "package file is invalid". Smaller apps would update correctly and my internal storage was showing 132 MB free (I use Link2SD). So I switched over to Harmonia, restored all apps and their associated data (with MyBackUp Root) and voila ALL apps updated with no errors. And the battery life is just fantastic! Anyway, thanks again for all your hard work.

Reactions: LeslieAnn

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
LeslieAnn,

Though it's been said many times before THANK YOU for Harmonia 1.7! I was using Bumblebee with no problems until several weeks ago...suddenly I could not update large apps (such as Google Maps) without getting the error "package file is invalid". Smaller apps would update correctly and my internal storage was showing 132 MB free (I use Link2SD). So I switched over to Harmonia, restored all apps and their associated data (with MyBackUp Root) and voila ALL apps updated with no errors. And the battery life is just fantastic! Anyway, thanks again for all your hard work.

Thanks.. I too came from bumblebee.. Any issues i had there is fixed here.. Awesome rom..

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Hey, question, something is very wrong with our phones, my entire family has optimus Vs and we all have Harmonia 1.6.1c, at 1st we were delighted, but now we can't update apps or install new ones, when we go to the market and click install it starts the download then pauses, then starts and says download unsuccessful, and says the same thing with updates. what do we do? is this resolved in 1.7?

it almost never installs new apps or updates, if it is for some reason able to download it, then most of the time it says installation was not successful, and sometimes it even resets our phones, and I know its not the overclock that is doing it as I even tried limiting it to 600mhz and it still reset when it started installing.

HELP!!!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Pretty sure someone a few posts back was having this issue (although they were not using Harmonia at the time) and flashing to Harmonia 1.7 solved the problem, so it couldn't hurt to try.

Also -- any updates on Harmonia 2.0?

HesitantKarma

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.7 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 23Oct11

I broke my old Optimus V that was running Harmonia 1.3, and got a new one last month. After trying unsuccessfully to root it with the method I used on the old one, I finally got it to work with Gingerbreak. However, when I flash any custom rom, it boots to the silver LG logo, and then goes to a black screen. I understand there is an issue with the new OV phones and the older roms because of the video drivers, but I thought the kernel included with Harmonia 1.7 took that into account....I flashed it and it's doing the same thing. Am I doing something wrong? :(

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I broke my old Optimus V that was running Harmonia 1.3, and got a new one last month. After trying unsuccessfully to root it with the method I used on the old one, I finally got it to work with Gingerbreak. However, when I flash any custom rom, it boots to the silver LG logo, and then goes to a black screen. I understand there is an issue with the new OV phones and the older roms because of the video drivers, but I thought the kernel included with Harmonia 1.7 took that into account....I flashed it and it's doing the same thing. Am I doing something wrong? :(

a lot of stories of newer ov's seem to show they don't take well to flashing.
your recovery working? sounds like it.
sometimes you need to format boot and reflash the rom.
others have had success flashing the picasticks-rebuild anykernel (has its own thread buried here somewhere, and it's in the blackscreen sticky) after harmonia, which is odd because it's the same kernel.
the anykernel does have a different update-binary in the zip, and I don't know if that matters, but the combination of rom and anykernel does work for some people.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

a lot of stories of newer ov's seem to show they don't take well to flashing.

Some theorize this is half the problem with the Triumph as well.
I am starting to think some bad memory was sent out to manufacturers. It works, but is stubborn.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Hey, question, something is very wrong with our phones, my entire family has optimus Vs and we all have Harmonia 1.6.1c, at 1st we were delighted, but now we can't update apps or install new ones, when we go to the market and click install it starts the download then pauses, then starts and says download unsuccessful, and says the same thing with updates. what do we do? is this resolved in 1.7?

1.7 may fix it, but if it was working and suddenly stops, that often points to data issues or market issues. It usually clears up in a few days.

Market issues are more common than people realize. We have seen it happen on stock roms as well.

Reactions: linzoill

linzoill

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Agreed...on my stock Unrooted OV I had the same problem ....Harmonia 1.6 & Harmonia 1.7 and BACKside IHO have had the same problems so I agree that this is a network error rather than a rom issue. Does clear up after a few hours ...maybe days ;( suxzs but we can't complain ...overall better roms here!
Shotout out BACKside team!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Target have the Optimus V on sale for $50 tomorrow for Black Friday. If I were to return my current OV and exchange it for a new one, will Harmonia 1.7 allow hotspot with the brand new phones? From what I've read, I think they're 2.2.2 or 2.2.3 or something, whereas my current handset is 2.2.1.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Harmonia works fine with new ov's
why would you want to trade for a new one?
the new Hitachi screens don't look as good as the old Novatek, and the newer firmware disables access to the bootloader for fastboot.
yuk.