[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

because I can get one for $50 and get back a bunch of money..
Also, what is bootloader for fastboot?

Last edited:

New_Droid

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Do I install this the same way like I do like with IHO?

wipe cache dalvik cache
format boot data system cache?

robali911

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

Looks like this ROM might be done with. I have not seen any updates in a while and New Market is still a no go. I am using the Reborn ROM, everything works perfect including the New Market. I get about 1% bat drain per 3 hours :) Also, TTS works and there is no maps log in issues. The trick is however to flash Reborn then flash the Bumblebee NO OC Kerel. If you do this you will have 175 Megs of internal storage :) Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there, who knows when you will be forced to use only the New Market...

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Well the only thing that I can think of that LeslieAnn would update are the included apps, everything else in the ROM works perfectly, and there's not really anything to add to it...

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

As Jdcnosse said, it works well, and yes, all it mostly gets is app updates.
The Market is an issue that may or may not be fixed. It works, you just can't buy with it. I would hardly consider that the final nail in the coffin. It's not done, it just had some major changes made to it (updated install system and apps). It's also the ONLY Froyo rom still being developed for the OV, if I remember right, it's also the only OV rom that will install properly using Rom Manager, due to that new installer. It's just at a point that there is little to update. Right now the only thing outdated is Superuser and the Market, the latter of which some people prefer.

You have to remember Harmonia is a barebones rom. It's not supposed to have a ton of features, the feature is NOT having a bunch of useless features.

I did one Gingerbread/ IHO version of Harmonia, before Kernel.org went down and my system had to be reloaded. I built a few tests ones since, but I no sooner get the build going and something breaks it again. The build process is extremely fragmented and annoying, take a look at the problems and how they change with each new release to see what I mean.

When I get it working again I plan to release another IHO based GB Harmonia. I have tried stripping out the CM code, but it's very problematic. I can't really put a lot of effort into that, when I can't even get it to build stock CM.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

As Jdcnosse said, it works well, and yes, all it mostly gets is app updates.
The Market is an issue that may or may not be fixed. It works, you just can't buy with it. I would hardly consider that the final nail in the coffin. It's not done, it just had some major changes made to it (updated install system and apps). It's also the ONLY Froyo rom still being developed for the OV, if I remember right, it's also the only OV rom that will install properly using Rom Manager, due to that new installer. It's just at a point that there is little to update. Right now the only thing outdated is Superuser and the Market, the latter of which some people prefer.

You have to remember Harmonia is a barebones rom. It's not supposed to have a ton of features, the feature is NOT having a bunch of useless features.

I did one Gingerbread/ IHO version of Harmonia, before Kernel.org went down and my system had to be reloaded. I built a few tests ones since, but I no sooner get the build going and something breaks it again. The build process is extremely fragmented and annoying, take a look at the problems and how they change with each new release to see what I mean.

When I get it working again I plan to release another IHO based GB Harmonia. I have tried stripping out the CM code, but it's very problematic. I can't really put a lot of effort into that, when I can't even get it to build stock CM.

I understand. xP
Most people should be grateful for what they have. :s

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn, because I only ever get free apps and not paid ones from the Android Market, can I use the current market at all with Harmonia? If so, where/how do I get the current version?

Second, if I wanted to replace the boot animations (both the white and green images) with This Star Trek boot animation, what do I need to do? Is it a matter of replacing files in certain folders, or does it need to be flashed in recovery or something else?

Thanks..

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn, because I only ever get free apps and not paid ones from the Android Market, can I use the current market at all with Harmonia? If so, where/how do I get the current version?

Second, if I wanted to replace the boot animations (both the white and green images) with This Star Trek boot animation, what do I need to do? Is it a matter of replacing files in certain folders, or does it need to be flashed in recovery or something else?

Thanks..

You can place a bootanimation.zip file in /system/media and it'll replace the green "Harmonia" screen, but I forgot how to edit the white one. It's in the boot image somewhere.

Reactions: mewikime

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but I wanted to double check.

If for whatever reason you need to activate an inactivated Optimus V that is running IHO, can you activate it by loading the Harmonia RIM or do you have to go back to stock to do that?

Sent via VM670

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

harmonia will work fine to activate. no need for stock to ever touch your phone again unless you need to return it!

happyroot

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Does this support ext3? If not could you please add this. Could you also remove the kernel boot image? Thanks I love your ROM.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

yes, the picasticks kernel should support ext3.
if you remove the boot.img it won't flash. it's easier to flash it intact and then flash the anykernel.zip of your choice over the top... it needs the ramdisk iin the boot.img to work right.
btw, it's the kernel that supports ext3 or not, check the one you want to install for filesystem support.

happyroot

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

yes, the picasticks kernel should support ext3.
if you remove the boot.img it won't flash. it's easier to flash it intact and then flash the anykernel.zip of your choice over the top... it needs the ramdisk iin the boot.img to work right.
btw, it's the kernel that supports ext3 or not, check the one you want to install for filesystem support.

Boot image is meant to be the kernel splash screen sorry for the confusion.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

the first silver lg, I haven't been able to change.
the second splash, is initlogo.rle in the boot.img ramdisk. you have to split the boot.img, unpack the ramdisk, remove the .rle, repack the ramdisk, and recombine the boot.img for that.
HOWTO: Unpack, Edit, and Re-Pack Boot Images - Android Wiki
you'll have to find the .pl scripts on xda, they're dead links on that wiki page.

happyroot

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I need to set up my VM to run a linux distro so I can follow that tutorial. Has anyone had success in using a ext3 partition in conjunction with link2sd on this ROM?

I downloaded the picasticks kernal from his thread and flashed that and link2sd still cannot mount my 2nd partition. Any ideas?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

you can still see your screen? must have old hardware.
you got the v7 kernel, I assume?
it does support ext3. link2sd might not. or you might need to use terminal to insmod the module for ext3 on every boot... it's seperate from the kernel but included in the zip.

happyroot

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

link2sd should support it it works on iho roms with ext3 partitions. I am currently using picasticks v7a. I do not really follow the last bit you said I have not gotten deep enough with android to do terminal commands and adb type things. I am reserving these till I VM a linux operating system for ease. I will re-flash Harmonia and see what that does.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

ext3 support is built into the iho kernel.
the picasticks kernel has ext3 and ext4 support as modules.
that means the module has to be loaded into the kernel for it to have that function.
linux does it automatically on boot, but android only seems to load the wireless module on boot.
there's an app I read about that can handle the insmod for you, don't remember what it's called.
one reason the picasticks kernel is supposed to be fast, is that the modules are built seperately and not included in the kernel itself.
reflashing won't change that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke