[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

happyroot

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

If you do not mind could you pm me a secondary contact info so you could give me a quick crash course on this? I find doing it via forum methods tends to take to long. Thanks for your help you seem to be the most active Optimus V user across all the multiple forums.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

My only contact info is email, and I check it... sometimes daily, sometimes weekly, sometimes less.
I never ever IM or chat room or anything like that, not even stuff like the IRC channels. Ewww. It's like going out to public places to meet people, seems kinda gross to me.
The only things I even handle through PM are stuff not ready for public release or sometimes things that can't be posted on the forums because of the rules.

I like to put howtos and other information like this up on the forums so everyone searching can benefit. I get tons of info from other people sharing the same way, and if I had to personally request information from people I'd still be a total dullard with recent software information. If it's not actually in writing somewhere, I probably can't use it myself.

I'll dredge up the insmod instructions from google and add them to this post in a little while.
...you seem to be the most active Optimus V user across all the multiple forums.
heh, it seems I have too much time on my hands. no wonder my woman resents my computer time!

edit:
I <think> this should work.
in terminal or adb shell:
Code:
su
insmod /system/lib/modules/ext3.ko
there should be no output from the command if it works.
next,
Code:
mount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext
again, no output means it should have worked.
then try the link2sd or whatever it was again.

Last edited:

happyroot

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Correct me if I am wrong which I probably am could I add that line or do something with init.d so it will be applied at boot assuming init.d works that way. (ima noob)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

with cyanogen, yes.
I didn't think harmonia had init.d support, but the folder is there in /system/etc/ so maybe it does.
Try it and see!
also, if the sd-ext folder doesn't exist you'll have to create it.
You'll want to insmod and then mount /sd-ext both, in the script you write for init.d
also make sure to chmod 4755 the script after you put it in init.d or it won't run.

happyroot

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

with cyanogen, yes.
I didn't think harmonia had init.d support, but the folder is there in /system/etc/ so maybe it does.
Try it and see!
also, if the sd-ext folder doesn't exist you'll have to create it.
You'll want to insmod and then mount /sd-ext both, in the script you write for init.d
also make sure to chmod 4755 the script after you put it in init.d or it won't run.

What do you mean if the folder does not exist, the partition or the init.d?
What does chmod 4755 do?
I am assuming there are guides on how to mess with init.d, correct?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I mean the folder /sd-ext in the root filesystem of the phone.
that chmod allows the file to be executed
wikipedia said:
the 4 specifies set user ID and the rest is equivalent to u=rwx (4+2+1),go=rx (4+1 & 4+1).
chmod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
xda is an excellent place to look for guides. just google for "xda whatever" and replace whatever with what you're looking for.

Reactions: LeslieAnn

happyroot

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I mean the folder /sd-ext in the root filesystem of the phone.
that chmod allows the file to be executed
chmod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
xda is an excellent place to look for guides. just google for "xda whatever" and replace whatever with what you're looking for.

That is what I usually do thank you. Most of my issues are coming from a lack of familiarity with Linux and the command line. Thanks for your help. Just one more quick thing if I ever did get really familiar would it be possible to fiddle with the kernel so it loaded that module? Or is that what init.d is for?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

yes, the kernel could be compiled with ext3 support built-in.
you need to 'make ARCH=arm menuconfig', load pica's config file in there, and go to wherever in the menu tree the filesystems settings live, and change ext3 from <M> to <*> (press Y on that line and it'll change to built-in)
then save the new config with another filename.
then make the kernel. there's a good tutorial for kernel building by ghibli (I think I spelled it right) somewhere in another device forum here on AC.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

yes, you should be able to use any recovery (except maybe the oldest one by getitnowmarketing) since LeslieAnn upgraded to edify scripting.
make sure to format cache, system, and data in recovery before flashing.
if you get a black screen after the LG logo on first boot after flashing, the boot.img may not have flashed correctly (dunno why it works for some people but not others) and you can flash the picasticks remix anykernel zip in recovery and reboot. it's the same kernel used in the latest harmonia, it just has a different update binary in the zip file and seems to flash over the harmonia boot.img successfully.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn, because I only ever get free apps and not paid ones from the Android Market, can I use the current market at all with Harmonia? If so, where/how do I get the current version?

Second, if I wanted to replace the boot animations (both the white and green images) with This Star Trek boot animation, what do I need to do? Is it a matter of replacing files in certain folders, or does it need to be flashed in recovery or something else?

Thanks..
Yes the new market will work fine for you, it's only buying that is an issue.

There are a few places you can download it online, if you can't find it, let me know. I have considered making a flasher so people could add it if they want. Which I may do over the next few days, just don't hold me to it.

the first silver lg, I haven't been able to change.
the second splash, is initlogo.rle in the boot.img ramdisk. you have to split the boot.img, unpack the ramdisk, remove the .rle, repack the ramdisk, and recombine the boot.img for that.
HOWTO: Unpack, Edit, and Re-Pack Boot Images - Android Wiki
you'll have to find the .pl scripts on xda, they're dead links on that wiki page.

Harmonia ships with no boot animation.
As you said the first is firmware, a few have tried, but I wouldn't dare. The second is in the kernel. the third animation, the green Harmonia is actually in the framework, and any flashed boot animation just simply hides this. The reason I didn't use one is because it just slows down boot. I prefer to use my phone, not watch it boot.

Here is the original XDA page for the pack and unpack that contains the scripts.
HOWTO: Unpack, Edit, and Repack Boot Images - xda-developers

Try it and see!
I could swear it was put in by the time 1.3 was out.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I have not followed this thread in a long while. But I seen something about the new market not working?
I installed 3.0.27 via recovery. gapp-market-3-0-27-signed.zip
Then updated to the 3.3.11 market, via http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...hacks/130790-new-market-3-3-11-available.html

I have not purchased anything, but the new market does run.
It will install and work, always has, it's just buying that fails. I don't like including stuff that only sort of works.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
The problem with lack of a new market is the recently introduced Google Music Store. No access to it from the old market. Might not be a deal breaker for some people but it was for me. I used Harmonia a lot in the past few months, but can't really do it anymore because of the Market thing.

Sent via VM670

anon(481464)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

I just installed 1.7 (my first ROM) and I'm having a problem with Google apps accessing my account. Contacts and e-mail work fine. Installing Google+ or Maps does not.

The first time I installed, I used Titanium backup to restore the account. The second time, I added my Google account by hand and only tried installing these apps. (I wiped away and factory reset before both flashes).

Google+ says "Unable to connect to the server." Google Maps just says login failed. Maps and places both eventually prompt me to enter my account information, but won't let me enter the account I have already loaded.

Anybody seen this before? Suggestions?

anon(481464)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Ok, clearly I was brain dead. Starting maps give three warning messages in the status bar. I didn't realize that selecting them would put up a prompt to give permission to access the account. I'm off and running and liking this ROM.

New_Droid

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Could I just use ROM manager and flash their recovery onto my phone for this ROM?

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Could I just use ROM manager and flash their recovery onto my phone for this ROM?

It depends. If you have a older Optimus with the old screen, yes. If not, no. Read the simplified how to in this forum for more details.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63