[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

Hi LeslieAnn... thanks so much for such a great ROM. It's nice to have an option other than stock that we don't have to sacrifice functionality for (ie, MMS or Bluetooth functionality).

Just curious - any headway on the Market issue? It seems to be the only "sacrifice" we've had to make enjoy your ROM. :)
It's not even a sacrifice. You can still login to market via your mobile browser and purchase stuff, and it will send it straight to your phone.

Reactions: LeslieAnn

lgleaner

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Ah... so you are saying that it's OK to go ahead and install the latest Market (it will work fine for all the free downloads?), and then just use the browser for when it's necessary to make a purchase?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Hi LeslieAnn... thanks so much for such a great ROM. It's nice to have an option other than stock that we don't have to sacrifice functionality for (ie, MMS or Bluetooth functionality).

Just curious - any headway on the Market issue? It seems to be the only "sacrifice" we've had to make enjoy your ROM. :)

I have some ideas, I just haven't had a chance to test them out.

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

weird issue...but all of a sudden, 1.7 is eating my battery left and right :/ i have the same apps and settings from 1,6 but my battery has literally been cut in half

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Nope. Just force close market and install using whatever method you use. ADB, File Manager etc..

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried nd just get a

Not installed message))......

Got it... Put in system /data folder and renamed to vending..

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Houston we have a problem....

Unfortunately, this may have been the last Harmonia update.
My phone seems to no longer want to do a fresh install of any rom. Last time I went to load a rom, I tried 3 of the latest IHO's and not a single one would flash properly. Restoring a nandroid backup wiping then loading the latest worked, but that was the only way I could get a rom to work. I will keep trying, but it doesn't look good. Keep in mind, I have re-flashed mine 200 times or more, so it's not like anyone needs to worry about theirs doing similar anytime soon.

If I have to replace it, I'm not sure what I will get, or if it will even be on Virgin.

Update:
The other day I tried 3 different roms, twice each, none worked (even after md5 checks).
Today, I flashed a rom successfully.

Looks like my phone lives another day.

Last edited:

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

well...that sucks :/

seriously speaking though, i personally appreciate all the hard work you've done with your roms :) it was because of your 1.6 rom that i rooted my phone in the first place

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Bummer, but thanks for all the hard work! But nothing lasts forever I guess. Harmonia was the first custom ROM I used, and it changed my experience for the better with this phone.

Good luck with your phone and whatever you move on to.

Sent via VM670

StarryFace

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Hello there!

I'm hoping that the issue that I'm having is just some silly noob problem. I'll be the first to admit that I've never rooted/modded/ect ect a phone before.

My root process when great, so I started looking at roms, found this one, and finally decided (after about three days of searching) that this was the rom I was going to start with.

Flashed into recovery, wiped, wiped the.. d-something or other, as directed, and then loaded the rom with rom manager.
Install went great, restarted phone as instructed.

And now, it's stuck.
It turns on, loads the first loading image (which is pretty, heh.) and then loads the green loading image... and that's as far as I can get. It seems to loop the animation 5-6 times, then freezes.. and then starts again, animates a few more times, freezes, animates a few more times, and then totally freezes. After about 35 minutes of letting it do what it does, in hopes that I was really just being too antsy and not allowing it to go long enough, yeah.

so, what to do now? I've restarted it a few times (By pulling the battery, the power button does not seem to do anything once in this state.) and went through this same process, and the battery finally died, so I'm letting it rest.

Please don't say bricked. :(

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

...did you say that you used ROM manager?
ROM manager is what you SHOULDN'T use to flash a ROM. You should ALWAYS boot into recovery mode.
I hope you made a backup...

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm not exactly sure, but I think this is what they call "boot loop"
but I don't know for sure

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Hello there!

I'm hoping that the issue that I'm having is just some silly noob problem. I'll be the first to admit that I've never rooted/modded/ect ect a phone before.

For many of us this is our first phone doing this sort of thing as well (myself included), no shame there.

Flashed into recovery, wiped, wiped the.. d-something or other, as directed, and then loaded the rom with rom manager.
Install went great, restarted phone as instructed.

so, what to do now? I've restarted it a few times (By pulling the battery, the power button does not seem to do anything once in this state.) and went through this same process, and the battery finally died, so I'm letting it rest.

Please don't say bricked. :(
You are boot looped and it's not serious. The fact that it boots as far as it does means you are in good shape, chances are something just didn't install properly.

I haven't used Rom Manager (which is actually somewhat safe with Harmonia but I don't recommend it) so I will explain how to do it the "old fashioned" way. Which is a better method as far as i am concerned anyhow.

First I would say yank the battery in order to turn it off, but since yours died, no worries there (every toy needs batteries right?). Second, if you haven't yet, copy the zip file to your SDcard. I suggest running an md5 check on it as well, but it is not necessary. I recommend it, but almost never do. Worry about it if you continue having problems. Now, start your phone by pressing home, volume down and power, hold them until you see LG on the screen. This will put you in recovery mode.

Now the preferred method of installing a rom...
Normally I would tell you to "wipe data/factory reset (this is safe to do here) and then go into advanced and "wipe Dalvik cache". Since you already wiped it out though, you probably can skip that. Since you already cleaned everything (we hope), just select "install zip from SDcard (or similar), choose the zip file, let it work, the reset.

Do not use apply update or anything about update, you just want to flash the zip file.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Houston we have a problem....

Update:
The other day I tried 3 different roms, twice each, none worked (even after md5 checks).
Today, I flashed a rom successfully. No idea why it didn't work before.

Looks like my phone lives another day.

I have a plan to possibly fix the market, we will see. I'm also considering a slight mod to Harmonia as well, but I have to figure out if it's best for it.

I'm also starting another attempt at a pure GB rom, I doubt it will work, but it's worth a try.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm also starting another attempt at a pure GB rom, I doubt it will work, but it's worth a try.

My setup is working. If you want I can build an untouched CM7.2/GB ROM for you. I pretty much know from Harmonia that you would like English and Spanish languages only and probably CMStats and CMUpdateNotify out. Let me know, I would be very happy to see Harmonia 2.0 updated and finalized.

Edit: You got PM.

Last edited: