[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

Love Harmonia. I was on a ROM spree, but this one stopped me right in my tracks. Smooth install and sleek the rest of the way. I came from stock Froyo on my Optimus V so there's a lot here that wows me. Plan on sticking with it for a while before I get the itch again.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I finally got tired of hearing my wife about her ov being slow, so finally I stole her phone and put this on it, she is in love with it. Thanks for giving her one less thing to complain about

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

So far everything has been working brilliantly. I moved from Jerry's IHO rom, so I was expecting a lot. So far, its been good to me. I just have a few things I am wondering about.

1. The transition is very slow. When I turn my phone, it takes like 5 seconds to transition to the way im looking. Is there a way to fix this?
2. Wifi is very horrible. Every so often, the wireless will just turn off by itself. It say its still on, but it wont work. The only way to fix this is to turn it off and on a again or to go to settings and wireless to show the wireless list. Is there a fix or a reason why this is happening?
3. This isn't an issue for me, but it makes my OCD a bit annoyed. When I close the screen, it does that flash animation and closes. But like 2 seconds later, the screen will turn on by itself again and turn off. It's not a big issue, I was just wondering why it does this.

I think I had another question, but forgot. I will edit or post again if I remember. Any help is appreciated.

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Did you do a full wipe when you went from backside to harmonia? I don't remember harmonia having that animation. Are you sure your not mistaken and have harmonia2 the iho version. This is the froyo version. Do you have wifi sleep set to never?

Micky5298

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

3. This isn't an issue for me, but it makes my OCD a bit annoyed. When I close the screen, it does that flash animation and closes. But like 2 seconds later, the screen will turn on by itself again and turn off. It's not a big issue, I was just wondering why it does this.

Do you use Handcent SMS? I can replicate this problem on any ROM using that messaging app. I imagine it has something to do with the pop up/wake notification it uses.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

So far everything has been working brilliantly. I moved from Jerry's IHO rom, so I was expecting a lot. So far, its been good to me. I just have a few things I am wondering about.

1. The transition is very slow. When I turn my phone, it takes like 5 seconds to transition to the way im looking. Is there a way to fix this?
2. Wifi is very horrible. Every so often, the wireless will just turn off by itself. It say its still on, but it wont work. The only way to fix this is to turn it off and on a again or to go to settings and wireless to show the wireless list. Is there a fix or a reason why this is happening?

I think I had another question, but forgot. I will edit or post again if I remember. Any help is appreciated.

1. Transitions on froyo have often been odd, but I believe are handled by the launcher. That launcher isn't exactly fantastic. Fast, but nothing more. Could also be a flash/download/wipe issue issue.

2. The wifi is probably more stable on this than any other rom, it's all stock LG. Could also be a flash/download/wipe issue issue.

3. sounds like an app or a flash/download/wipe issue issue.

This should run just like the original rom did, only better. It isn't a cobbled together hacked up rom, it's a rebuilt, highly tweaked stock, using updated factory drivers and all very thoroughly tested. If something doesn't run right, it's almost never the rom itself.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I wanna flash one of the gray bars for Harmonia, but one thing concerns me. How do I switch back if I find that I want to? I don't see the Harmonia status bar listed with those available for flashing. I like Harmonia so much, I haven't been seeking other ROMS, yet I'm itching to do SOMETHING. It's a sickness.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Doy. Sorry about that. It's spelled out pretty clearly. In my defense, I'm not very bright.
Thanks. Love Harmonia, as I may have mentioned.

Reactions: LeslieAnn

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

1. Transitions on froyo have often been odd, but I believe are handled by the launcher. That launcher isn't exactly fantastic. Fast, but nothing more. Could also be a flash/download/wipe issue issue.

2. The wifi is probably more stable on this than any other rom, it's all stock LG. Could also be a flash/download/wipe issue issue.

3. sounds like an app or a flash/download/wipe issue issue.

This should run just like the original rom did, only better. It isn't a cobbled together hacked up rom, it's a rebuilt, highly tweaked stock, using updated factory drivers and all very thoroughly tested. If something doesn't run right, it's almost never the rom itself.

Im sorry. I thought this was the 2.0 version. Yeah i have handcent. My main concern was the wifi issue. Guess i did it in the wrong thread

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

I will be flashing this rom rom my wife simi retired OV as in like forever!!!!!! I do not intent to flashing any more roms on this ov, before I flash it I have a couple of questions ...
1 which recovery do YOU recommend (ov 2.2.1) for x.4 I have debugg.zip
2.I will be checking md5
3.I might want to flash one of the .bar.zip(with the battery %) will this affect anything?
4. is English and Spanish on the rom.zip or will I have to flash the language. zip
thanks!!!!!
Iam interested in flash 1.7 or should I go with an older versions?
p.s you might ask your self why not flash it and try it??
A.. my SD card is full, I don't have a computer, I don't want to loose all my apps/data/system/message.and one more thing the phone has been pass down to my mom. which it's a 3 hour drive..:) thanks!!!!!

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I will be flashing this rom rom my wife simi retired OV as in like forever!!!!!! I do not intent to flashing any more roms on this ov, before I flash it I have a couple of questions ...
1 which recovery do YOU recommend (ov 2.2.1) for x.4 I have debugg.zip
2.I will be checking md5
3.I might want to flash one of the .bar.zip(with the battery %) will this affect anything?
4. is English and Spanish on the rom.zip or will I have to flash the language. zip
thanks!!!!!
Iam interested in flash 1.7 or should I go with an older versions?
p.s you might ask your self why not flash it and try it??
A.. my SD card is full, I don't have a computer, I don't want to loose all my apps/data/system/message.and one more thing the phone has been pass down to my mom. which it's a 3 hour drive..:) thanks!!!!!

For this rom I used xenonia which should be in the op. You are going to need to backup your apps and data with something like titanium backup and do a full wipe before flashing the rom. Then download titanium backup from the market and restore your apps. As for the version use whatever is the most up to date she has posted so you get all the modifications and fixes that have been put into it. As for the bar I never flashed it when I was on this rom so honestly I have no idea on that. To check the md5 there's a free app called check md5 it works great.

Reactions: Badboytoast

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Can somebody explain how this rom managed to improve my camera? I have the Optimus V, not exactly famed for its dinky 3.2 MP shooter. It was horrible in low light and just passable otherwise. Since I flashed Harmonia, though, the phone takes stellar shots. Super crisp and the low light photos are actually useable. I just don't understand how a new OS can overcome the shortcomings of the built-in phone. Not like it can add megapixels. I know it's not my imagination – the proof is in my photo albums. How is it possible? If somebody tells me it's magic, I'll believe it.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

It's magic. ;)

All hardware is controlled by software. In the camera, software determines the low light reading and compensates based on what it reads. The same with everything else camera related. So yes, software can make a difference not just by changing how it reads settings, but also by changing how it responds to those readings.

As for Harmonia 1.7, it has parts of the original OV rom, the newer OV rom, a bit of updated/tweaked Optimus S Froyo rom and a custom kernel.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Well, I'd call that a form of magic. Magic to me, anyway. Thanks for the clear explanation. I'm off to let everybody know that I'm not crazy, after all.

Micky5298

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going to retire my ov as a music player/Web browser when I make the transition to the evo. Going to put this ROM on for the beast battery life.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Well, I'd call that a form of magic. Magic to me, anyway. Thanks for the clear explanation. I'm off to let everybody know that I'm not crazy, after all.

Amazing what a good rom can do isn't it (and how bad the stock one is)? :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie